PDA

View Full Version : 12 US Soldiers Killed In Iraq Attack

Psychoblues
05-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Where have all the flowers gone?

BAGHDAD - A roadside explosion outside the Iraqi capital on Sunday killed six American soldiers and a civilian journalist, the military said, among 12 U.S. troop deaths reported on a day when two car bombs killed at least 44 Iraqis at a Baghdad market and a police headquarters.

A car bomb in the capital, where U.S.-led forces are in the midst of a crackdown on sectarian violence, killed at least 30 Iraqis. At the police headquarters in Samarra, a volatile city in the Sunni heartland 60 miles north of Baghdad, a car bomb and shooting attack killed 12 police — including the police chief.

American soldiers racing to the headquarters to help also came under attack by small arms fire and rocket-propelled grenades that left two soldiers wounded, the military said.

More: http://p243.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070506/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_070503185490

How many more?

darin
05-07-2007, 10:18 AM
How many more will die when we turn-tail and leave? Those 44 ppl killed in the market? they weren't killed because of the USA - they were killed because they were not FIGHTING the US; because they simply wanted to go about their lives. When we leave - think Viet Nam

To answer your question? How many more? As many as it takes.

TheStripey1
05-07-2007, 03:18 PM
How many more will die when we turn-tail and leave? Those 44 ppl killed in the market? they weren't killed because of the USA - they were killed because they were not FIGHTING the US; because they simply wanted to go about their lives. When we leave - think Viet Nam

To answer your question? How many more? As many as it takes.

How many of who?

When we finally leave Iraq, there will be no more American casualties in Iraq... military casualties anyway...

If the Iraqis want to kill each other off, why should we stand between them?

darin
05-07-2007, 03:25 PM
How many of who?

When we finally leave Iraq, there will be no more American casualties in Iraq... military casualties anyway...

What a COMPASSIONATE, SENSITIVE heart you have! :rolleyes:

If we Surrender in Iraq - you're right. Military Casualties will drop. However, US causalities in the USA will sky rocket.

Hagbard Celine
05-07-2007, 03:26 PM
How many of who?

Pssst. The conservative posters still think it's something other than a civil war over there. :coffee:

Psychoblues
05-07-2007, 09:58 PM
What do they think, HC?

Pssst. The conservative posters still think it's something other than a civil war over there. :coffee:

I believe many of them still have the WOT (War On Terror) on their minds as applied to the War On Iraq. I can't blame them, however. I blame the liars that made them believe all that shit.

There should have never been ONE U.S. troop to lose their life or become injured for the fiasco in Iraq that many believe as a part of the WOT.

lily
05-07-2007, 11:02 PM
However, US causalities in the USA will sky rocket.

I've heard this thrown around a lot, but no one seems to be able to tell me just how this is going to happen. No offense, but I need more than "they said so", before I start to panic.

Psychoblues
05-08-2007, 12:02 AM
lily, the "fear tactic" is what propelled Hitler into a national leadership position. This was not lost as a propaganda tool for the rEpublicans. This is all they have left. All else has been proven to be lies.

I've heard this thrown around a lot, but no one seems to be able to tell me just how this is going to happen. No offense, but I need more than "they said so", before I start to panic.

Hopefully, Americans in general see through all this as you and I do. This is not to say that we will not be attacked again, it is only to say that a life of fear is a life lost already. Dig it?

05-08-2007, 04:27 AM
How many of who?

sure we will, when we have to go back into iraq and finish the job to clean up the mess more troops will die.

Why exactly do you think we want the Iraqis to die? That is the whole point of fighting the terrorists. so no one else has to die at their hands.

05-08-2007, 04:29 AM
What do they think, HC?

I believe many of them still have the WOT (War On Terror) on their minds as applied to the War On Iraq. I can't blame them, however. I blame the liars that made them believe all that shit.

There should have never been ONE U.S. troop to lose their life or become injured for the fiasco in Iraq that many believe as a part of the WOT.

I agree. there shouldnt have been a war on terror for anyone to die in. But we didnt start it. And Iraq is one of the many battles we have to face in it. The sooner we unite and do the job the sooner we can finish it. But the longer we are going to have people acting like selfish powerhungry @$$es the longer this battle is going to be drawn out.

Psychoblues
05-08-2007, 04:38 AM
WE, as United States citizens, did commence a WAR ON IRAQ that was not and is not justified by any intelligent rational, a4321.

I agree. there shouldnt have been a war on terror for anyone to die in. But we didnt start it. And Iraq is one of the many battles we have to face in it. The sooner we unite and do the job the sooner we can finish it. But the longer we are going to have people acting like selfish powerhungry @$$es the longer this battle is going to be drawn out.

I am not the terrorist that many Iraqi's and other endangered Muslims think I am or might be.

I very seriously doubt you understand that.

Doniston
05-08-2007, 04:53 PM
However, US causalities in the USA will sky rocket. Sorry, but I think that is BS and simple Fear-mongering.

Doniston
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
sure we will, when we have to go back into iraq and finish the job to clean up the mess more troops will die.

Why exactly do you think we want the Iraqis to die? That is the whole point of fighting the terrorists. so no one else has to die at their hands.

Why do you think he thinks you want Iraqis to die? He said no such thing.

OCA
05-08-2007, 06:55 PM

LMFAO! 9/11 never happened, keep telling yourself that.

lily
05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
LMFAO! 9/11 never happened, keep telling yourself that.

Let me see.....911 happened before we went into Iraq and now we have to fight them in Iraq so we don't have to fight them here, even though no Iraqi was on the plane on 911????

manu1959
05-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Let me see.....911 happened before we went into Iraq and now we have to fight them in Iraq so we don't have to fight them here, even though no Iraqi was on the plane on 911????

we fought them in bosnia, we fought them in somalia, we didn't fight them in bali, or kobar, or in the basement of wtcI or when they declared war on us or from the deck of the cole ......where would you like to fight them?....

Dilloduck
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM

We have a history of doing stupid things like that. We attacked the Phillipines after Pearl Harbor and France after Germany went nuts.

lily
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
we fought them in bosnia, we fought them in somalia, we didn't fight them in bali, or kobar, or in the basement of wtcI or when they declared war on us or from the deck of the cole ......where would you like to fight them?....

That's fascinating and all, Manu.........but it doesn't answer my question. Oh and if I'm not mistaken you still owe me an answer to what has Bush been refused for this war.........at least I think it was you.:laugh2:

Originally Posted by lily

lily
05-08-2007, 11:08 PM
We have a history of doing stupid things like that. We attacked the Phillipines after Pearl Harbor and France after Germany went nuts.

Well.....you got me there!:laugh2:

manu1959
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
That's fascinating and all, Manu.........but it doesn't answer my question. Oh and if I'm not mistaken you still owe me an answer to what has Bush been refused for this war.........at least I think it was you.:laugh2:

i answered both questions....

lily
05-08-2007, 11:32 PM
i answered both questions....

So this answers my question and social security answers my question about what has Bush ever been refused of for the war?? Manu, I want some of what you're on.

manu1959
05-08-2007, 11:34 PM
So this answers my question and social security answers my question about what has Bush ever been refused of for the war?? Manu, I want some of what you're on.

red wine.....south of france ...small vinyard....sorry you don't like the answers...they are what they are....i am trying to be supportive of your cause....

Gaffer
05-09-2007, 06:28 PM

A prime example of how its going to happen is all over the news. Six guys arrested for planning to attack Fort Dix. It's the tip of the iceburg. There are many other such groups here just waiting. Three of them were here illegally. And the really big news is....they're all muslims. There are thousands more like them just waiting an opportunity. Once iraq becomes part of the iranian caliphate then they can start the terror attacks right here. We have already had a few samples. Arab men driving SUV's running over people. Going on shooting sprees. Can you say john lee malvo? That's a sample of what to expect in the future, probably a couple of years from now.

But then I'm just a right wing fear monger so don't worry about a thing.

lily
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Gaffer;55340]A prime example of how its going to happen is all over the news. Six guys arrested for planning to attack Fort Dix. It's the tip of the iceburg.

You do know that they are from Jordan and Kosivo and have no affliation to either iraq or Al-Quada, right?

There are many other such groups here just waiting. Three of them were here illegally. And the really big news is....they're all muslims. There are thousands more like them just waiting an opportunity.

.......but wait! Bush said in '04 and the Republicans said in '06 that if they were in power, then none of this would be happening.......they weren't fibbing were they?

Once iraq becomes part of the iranian caliphate then they can start the terror attacks right here. We have already had a few samples.

Arab men driving SUV's running over people. Going on shooting sprees. Can you say john lee malvo? That's a sample of what to expect in the future, probably a couple of years from now.

Nop, can't say as I've hear of any terrorist over here driving SUV's into people and going on shooting sprees......got a link? Oh and John Lee Malvo was a mass murderer, not a terrorist. Had nothing to do with Islam.

Dilloduck
05-09-2007, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE]

You do know that they are from Jordan and Kosivo and have no affliation to either iraq or Al-Quada, right?

.......but wait! Bush said in '04 and the Republicans said in '06 that if they were in power, then none of this would be happening.......they weren't fibbing were they?

Nop, can't say as I've hear of any terrorist over here driving SUV's into people and going on shooting sprees......got a link? Oh and John Lee Malvo was a mass murderer, not a terrorist. Had nothing to do with Islam.

It's NOT happening-----they were BUSTED. Don't try to twist this crap into failure.

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE]

yeah, they are 'home grown' immigrants, some legal, others not.

.......but wait! Bush said in '04 and the Republicans said in '06 that if they were in power, then none of this would be happening.......they weren't fibbing were they? that wasn't what was said, but it certainly fits the agenda you are trying to sell.

Nop, (sic) can't say as I've hear of any terrorist over here driving SUV's into people and going on shooting sprees......got a link? Oh and John Lee Malvo was a mass murderer, not a terrorist. Had nothing to do with Islam.
And you base this on what? Seems to me there is a very good case against it having quite a bit to having ties to Islam, or hate.

lily
05-09-2007, 10:27 PM
It's NOT happening-----they were BUSTED. Don't try to twist this crap into failure.

Twist what into a failure? Yes I know they caught terrorists....what I am disputing is they were NOT from Iraq (you know the they will follow us) and they were not Al-Quada. :chillpill:

lily
05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
yeah, they are 'home grown' immigrants, some legal, others not.

Well we agree on something.

that wasn't what was said, but it certainly fits the agenda you are trying to sell.

Pretty much.

And you base this on what? Seems to me there is a very good case against it having quite a bit to having ties to Islam, or hate.

If you're talking about SUV's driving into people and mall shooting sprees done by Isamists then I'm not fussy. I'll take your link or wait for gaffers, since I don't know anything about it. But if your talking about Malvo.....Islam had nothing to do with his mass murders/sniping.

Psychoblues
05-09-2007, 10:56 PM
You are talking to American terrorists, lily, except they don't believe yet they are terrorists.

Well we agree on something.

Pretty much.

If you're talking about SUV's driving into people and mall shooting sprees done by Isamists then I'm not fussy. I'll take your link or wait for gaffers, since I don't know anything about it. But if your talking about Malvo.....Islam had nothing to do with his mass murders/sniping.

They are also cowards as I don't suspect any of them are capable of self sacrifice to advance the causes and nourishment of their political beliefs. But, that is another story for another time and when we can all agree that we understand what we are up against and what we are defending. Or, are we on the offense in this WAR?

Thanks, lily, your post and demonstrated understanding is admirable!!!!!!

gabosaurus
05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
More blood on Bush's hands. Not that he really cares.

Gaffer
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM

It is. It's a war with al queda who is trying to take over. Al queda is countering our surge with a surge of their own. If you notice the people killed were not noted as sunni or shea, just folks in a market. Thats not a civil war, that's terrorism.

Gaffer
05-10-2007, 05:37 PM

Once iraq can be controled by iran they can begin planning for attacks in the US and europe. They can use their missile systems and threat of posible nukes to cow the other arab nations. They already have many cells in place in this country and will send more as we don't have any controls in place to keep out their agents. They will come in as students, refugees or immigrents then disappear among the population. Shooting, bombings, bio and chem attacks will then go unabatted throughout the country.

Our losing in iraq will just move their time table forward.

Gaffer
05-10-2007, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE]

There was the case in N. Carolina at the university where the guy ran an SUV into a group of students. He was a muslim. al queda sympathizer. The there was the one in SF. Another muslim in an SUV, ran over people crossing the street and walking on the sidewalk. Killed two and injured 10.

A muslim man walked into a jewish center and shot four women. Doing his part for islam. Another man went on a shooting spree in LA airport. He was showing his support for palistains.

Malvo and his buddy were both muslims, doing what muslims do. The government just downplayed the muslim angle, as they do in so many cases. The media helps out by not mentioning names of muslim criminals.

A muslim man went through a mall and randomly shot people until a off duty police officer shot him.

There are many crimes that occur in this country that are islam inspired, they are just not made public. Whether the people involved have al queda connects is irrelavent. They are inspired by the same ideology. They are all small acts of terrorism.

lily
05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Once iraq can be controled by iran they can begin planning for attacks in the US and europe. They can use their missile systems and threat of posible nukes to cow the other arab nations.

That's a nice theory, but sorry gaffer I'm not buying it. If that were the case, wouldn't be a good idea to start talking to Iran and oh, I don't know.pay them to be our allies like we do with Israel?

They already have many cells in place in this country and will send more as we don't have any controls in place to keep out their agents. They will come in as students, refugees or immigrents then disappear among the population. Shooting, bombings, bio and chem attacks will then go unabatted throughout the country.

So, um.....they are just waiting for some sort of signal..........but wait.....we've been told that the Republicans won't let this happen, if we voted for them!

Our losing in iraq will just move their time table forward.

As opposed to what? Leaving their timetable where it is?

lily
05-10-2007, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=lily;55542]

There was the case in N. Carolina at the university where the guy ran an SUV into a group of students. He was a muslim. al queda sympathizer. The there was the one in SF. Another muslim in an SUV, ran over people crossing the street and walking on the sidewalk. Killed two and injured 10.

A muslim man walked into a jewish center and shot four women. Doing his part for islam. Another man went on a shooting spree in LA airport. He was showing his support for palistains.

Malvo and his buddy were both muslims, doing what muslims do. The government just downplayed the muslim angle, as they do in so many cases. The media helps out by not mentioning names of muslim criminals.

A muslim man went through a mall and randomly shot people until a off duty police officer shot him.

There are many crimes that occur in this country that are islam inspired, they are just not made public. Whether the people involved have al queda connects is irrelavent. They are inspired by the same ideology. They are all small acts of terrorism.

You see, now I don't know if you are talking about Muslims, or Islamic fascists. Again, I'd like links to these articles that you are claiming.

Gaffer
05-10-2007, 09:39 PM
That's a nice theory, but sorry gaffer I'm not buying it. If that were the case, wouldn't be a good idea to start talking to Iran and oh, I don't know.pay them to be our allies like we do with Israel?

It's part of the 20 year plan. Seven years to turn the middle east into a caliphate. Then move against Israel and europe. Finally a major confrontation with the US. This will bring on a cataclysmic war but that does not matter as the 12th imam will return. Then the world wil all be muslim and heaven arrives. They are willing to sacrifice the entire middle east in order to achieve this.

So, um.....they are just waiting for some sort of signal..........but wait.....we've been told that the Republicans won't let this happen, if we voted for them!

Some are waiting for a signal. Others are just acting on their own. An attack on a particular target could be a signal for others to act. multiple attacks could inspire individuals to do things as well. Snowball effect.

repubs won't stop it anymore than dems will. The repubs will take harder action faster than the dems.

As opposed to what? Leaving their timetable where it is?

As opposed to throwing off their time table, or stopping it completely. Not likely to happen now tho.

Gaffer
05-10-2007, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Gaffer;56076]

You see, now I don't know if you are talking about Muslims, or Islamic fascists. Again, I'd like links to these articles that you are claiming.

I'm talking about muslims and islamic facists. They are one and the same. There are the fanatics, that run around blowing themselves up and there are the moderates that want to appear reasonable and pretend to be in the majority. They support and encourage the fanatics but are subtile about it.

I'll see if I can dig up those links for you.

lily
05-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm talking about muslims and islamic facists. They are one and the same. There are the fanatics, that run around blowing themselves up and there are the moderates that want to appear reasonable and pretend to be in the majority. They support and encourage the fanatics but are subtile about it.

Gaffer, that's just silly. There are so many different sects of Muslims and so many Muslims in the world that trust me if they all wanted you dead, you'd be dead. I know my neighbor doesn't want me dead. I know when I drive to Dearborn, there is no one there that wants to kill me.

I'll see if I can dig up those links for you.

Thank you

gabosaurus
05-10-2007, 11:43 PM
There are as many radical Islamic extremists as there are radical Christian extremists.
I am sure the Muslims laugh at Fred Phelps and his followers as examples of American Christians.

tim_duncan2000
05-11-2007, 05:00 PM
The difference is that you don't hear about Christian extremists blowing shit up and killing people on a daily basis in various countries.