PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't we plan to invade Egypt?

gabosaurus
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
So Egypt has this evil despotic dictator who has be cruelly oppressing his people for years on end. The people have attempted to rise up in rebellion, but it's not working. The dictator is blaming is on insurgents planted by the U.S. and Israel. The dictator has been opening the door to Islamic militants, allowing them into the country.
When this happened in another country with an evil despotic dictator, the valiant POTUS charged in and rescued the country through military action. Shouldn't we do the same with Egypt.
I know the conservative Republicans are in favor of this because it would give them another reason to flex their military might and kill people.

MtnBiker
02-02-2011, 11:14 PM
You are late to the party. Mr Maddow at MSNBC already broadcasted a story about a purposed US invasion lead by non other Sarah Palin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwK35y4kr_E&feature=player_detailpage

SassyLady
02-02-2011, 11:20 PM
............ charged in and rescued the country through military action. .

Under Obama? Are you serious???

fj1200
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Did I miss that evil despotic dictator flaunting UN resolution after UN resolution? Weird.

NightTrain
02-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Did I miss that evil despotic dictator flaunting UN resolution after UN resolution? Weird.

I missed the part where he was unleashing WMDs on his own populace and openly supporting terrorism, too.

Thunderknuckles
02-03-2011, 01:14 AM
First, let me apologize for I have had a few.
That said, can we stop with the bullshit in regards to our moral high ground. Anyone here who thinks that the US is somehow different than any other great nation in history is being naive. The US acts in its own interests. Each and every country we have supported or stood against, we have done so because it is in our best interest...at least as we saw it at the time...in other words, don't bother with the Monday morning quarterbacking.

Here's the bottom line:

We supported that asshole Mubarak because he was a stabilizing force in the ME which was in our best interest. We hunted down that asshole Hussein because he was a destabilizing force in the ME which was not in our best interest.

I can go over every damn conflict the US has ever had but it's real simple...we act in our best interest as we see it at the time...like every other nation in the last 6,000 years of written human history. So, we can stop with the "moral highground" bullshit.

SassyLady
02-03-2011, 01:22 AM
That said, can we stop with the bullshit in regards to our moral high ground. Anyone here who thinks that the US is somehow different than any other great nation in history is being naive. The US acts in its own interests. Each and every country we have supported or stood against, we have done so because it is in our best interest...at least as we saw it at the time...in other words, don't bother with the Monday morning quarterbacking.

Here's the bottom line:

We supported that asshole Mubarak because he was a stabilizing force in the ME which was in our best interest. We hunted down that asshole Hussein because he was a destabilizing force in the ME which was not in our best interest.

I can go over every damn conflict the US has ever had but it's real simple...we act in our best interest as we see it at the time...like every other nation in the last 6,000 years of written human history. So, we can stop with the "moral highground" bullshit.

Very true ... and I'm all for American continuing to do what is in our best interest.

Mr. P
02-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Yer really stupid when ya get ta drinkin, Gab.

actsnoblemartin
02-03-2011, 02:13 AM
I agree, with have to stop the moral high ground bullshit

Here's the bottom line:

GUBMINT Cheese
02-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Libtards can't understand normal thinking or common sense......:slap:

BoogyMan
02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
You are trying to draw parallels that you obviously don't understand and making assertions based on liberal stereotypes that seem to be your only source for comparative thought.

** netclown alert **

So Egypt has this evil despotic dictator who has be cruelly oppressing his people for years on end. The people have attempted to rise up in rebellion, but it's not working. The dictator is blaming is on insurgents planted by the U.S. and Israel. The dictator has been opening the door to Islamic militants, allowing them into the country.
When this happened in another country with an evil despotic dictator, the valiant POTUS charged in and rescued the country through military action. Shouldn't we do the same with Egypt.
I know the conservative Republicans are in favor of this because it would give them another reason to flex their military might and kill people.

gabosaurus
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I am really surprised at you guys. Presidents throughout history have started or fanned the flames of war in order to increase to their personal popularity. And who needs a popularity boost more than Obama? Do you not think that Obama can lie and deceive the American people as much as Dubya did? Egypt is as likely to have WMDs as Iraq did (it's hard to beat nothing).
Surely you guys would jump at the chance to go kill more Muslims. Where is the hatred?

jon_forward
02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I am really surprised at you guys. Presidents throughout history have started or fanned the flames of war in order to increase to their personal popularity. And who needs a popularity boost more than Obama? Do you not think that Obama can lie and deceive the American people as much as Dubya did? Egypt is as likely to have WMDs as Iraq did (it's hard to beat nothing).
Surely you guys would jump at the chance to go kill more Muslims. Where is the hatred?

breath in ......breath out breath in breath out keep repeating till you can think straight. WOW

NightTrain
02-03-2011, 03:53 PM
breath in ......breath out breath in breath out keep repeating till you can think straight. WOW

Gabby's attempts at trolling haven't gained in quality. I think she should pay closer attention to Palin Rider for pointers.

Gaffer
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Does this mean gabby thinks there is a pressing need for the dark lord to increase his popularity?

I thought liberals made up the majority of the people and the dark lords popularity and mandates were unquestioned by the majority?

Silly me.

02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm not convinced that those rioting are going to make the country better than the current regime. After all, they are being violent.

SassyLady
02-03-2011, 08:43 PM
? Do you not think that Obama can lie and deceive the American people as much as Dubya did?

I have no doubt in my mind that Obama can deceive the American people .... even more than Bush....he already has deceived all those who voted for him.....