PDA

View Full Version : for those of you that use the neg system to make up for your bad posting

actsnoblemartin
02-03-2011, 02:45 AM
and you know who you are.

:fu:

darin
02-03-2011, 06:20 AM
The 'neg rep system' is to make up for OTHER PEOPLE's bad posing ;)

Psychoblues
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
The 'neg rep system' is to make up for OTHER PEOPLE's bad posing ;)

Nope. Some of your highest rep posters often post very poorly and brag about their ability to run liberals off very quickly if they are so inclined. It becomes a distraction to the conversations as well as to the potential of the new or differing opinions being offered. I wish it were like you say, dmp, but it's not. No need to pretend about that.

I suppose now we'll see a flurry of ignorant-assed neg reps being flung around like shit sandwiches at a Heritage Foundation convention.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Nope. Some of your highest rep posters often post very poorly and brag about their ability to run liberals off very quickly if they are so inclined. It becomes a distraction to the conversations as well as to the potential of the new or differing opinions being offered. I wish it were like you say, dmp, but it's not. No need to pretend about that.

I suppose now we'll see a flurry of ignorant-assed neg reps being flung around like shit sandwiches at a Heritage Foundation convention.

Psychoblues

Well, in less than a minute lil' tommy turdlicker shows up and drops one in my yard. He's a dog, he's hound dog!!!!!! And let's not forget about the short stubby stinking lil' turd, nt. Ain't he a gem!!!!!! All dressed up in his best shit-eating suit! He gobbled up tommy's turds and left one of his own!! Must be great being him. I'm just glad I'm not him.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
02-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Wouldn't it make much more sense if you think someone is misusing rep to send a pm to an admin or mod? If on the other hand, think it's legit, but also aimed at your political leanings, call the person out? :coffee:

Rep comments are not like pm's, you can speak out about them.

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't it make much more sense if you think someone is misusing rep to send a pm to an admin or mod? If on the other hand, think it's legit, but also aimed at your political leanings, call the person out? :coffee:

Kath, I have had very good luck in resolving some of these issues with admin but the last time a poster was certainly, and still is apparently, acting like a juvenile I was told that management had better things to do than to chase down violators. It may seem like a small thing to some of you but to others it's not. I bet I can count on one hand the times I've ever negged anyone since I came on this board and then it was a sick form of disgusting retaliation. I always regret it but sometimes I fail to live up to my own standards.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Kath, I have had very good luck in resolving some of these issues with admin but the last time a poster was certainly, and still is apparently, acting like a juvenile I was told that management had better things to do than to chase down violators. It may seem like a small thing to some of you but to others it's not. I bet I can count on one hand the times I've ever negged anyone since I came on this board and then it was a sick form of disgusting retaliation. I always regret it but sometimes I fail to live up to my own standards.

Psychoblues

There's nothing abusive in negging someone. What is abusive is just to keep negging to make a poster look bad.

Perhaps many forget or didn't know when there were many just pushing each other's rep higher and higher?

Rep can be adjusted, but it won't be for whining or giving the finger. Nearly all that rep do so mostly in positive with infrequent negging. If you think you are being 'targeted' bring it to the attention of mods or admin.

Unless there's some big pile on going, it really is petty.

red states rule
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM

Psychoblues

You seem to doing fine PB. Of course with you civility is a one way street

You bitch and moan when someone dings you for being an obnoxious, insulting, condescending, trash talker - but you demand others show you the utmost respect

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 01:07 PM
There's nothing abusive in negging someone. What is abusive is just to keep negging to make a poster look bad.

Perhaps many forget or didn't know when there were many just pushing each other's rep higher and higher?

Rep can be adjusted, but it won't be for whining or giving the finger. Nearly all that rep do so mostly in positive with infrequent negging. If you thin you are being 'targeted' bring it to the attention of mods or admin.

Unless there's some big pile on going, it really is petty.

Couple of points here, Kath. The rep system, pos and neg, is pretty useless as it now stands except to hurt someone that probably doesn't deserve it. More on this later.

The points being pushed higher and higher continues to some degree but for all practical purposes many of those that deserve it least already have enough to quickly embarrass and run away potential new posters and even some existing ones. It was a crooked system when it started and it remains a crooked system in that respect.

You say rep can be adjusted and then drop the "whining" bomb. Neg rep is hurtful and unnecessary in almost ALL cases. I've been targeted by several since I came here and I can't speak for anyone else but seeing is believing. Negging is not for disagreeing. You can't call someone a dickhead and then neg them because they returned you with shithead. Negging shouldn't be used because someone can't find a link or source. I know that you feel differently but most of these conversations really don't and shouldn't require links and sources. It too easily turns into wild goose chases that interfere with good, thoughtful conversations and debates.

"Unless there's some big pile on going, it really is petty." No it's not, Kath, except maybe from where you sit and in your mind. Negging is meant to be hurtful and simply "negative". A person may be watching their own rep account and have 275 points and hoping to see it go to 300 or better. All of a sudden some shithead that has nothing to do with the conversation and only a dislike for something the poster seems to believe and BAM the 275 points are gone and no telling how far in the hole the poster is at this point. It just doesn't make any sense to me on a board that claims to welcome posters and politicos of all stripes. That has certainly not been my case and the entire admin here knows it. Que Sera Sera.

Thanks for your spin, Kath, but being a bit deeper and empathetic would have been my expectation from you.

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Couple of points here, Kath. The rep system, pos and neg, is pretty useless as it now stands except to hurt someone that probably doesn't deserve it. More on this later.

The points being pushed higher and higher continues to some degree but for all practical purposes many of those that deserve it least already have enough to quickly embarrass and run away potential new posters and even some existing ones. It was a crooked system when it started and it remains a crooked system in that respect.

You say rep can be adjusted and then drop the "whining" bomb. Neg rep is hurtful and unnecessary in almost ALL cases. I've been targeted by several since I came here and I can't speak for anyone else but seeing is believing. Negging is not for disagreeing. You can't call someone a dickhead and then neg them because they returned you with shithead. Negging shouldn't be used because someone can't find a link or source. I know that you feel differently but most of these conversations really don't and shouldn't require links and sources. It too easily turns into wild goose chases that interfere with good, thoughtful conversations and debates.

"Unless there's some big pile on going, it really is petty." No it's not, Kath, except maybe from where you sit and in your mind. Negging is meant to be hurtful and simply "negative". A person may be watching their own rep account and have 275 points and hoping to see it go to 300 or better. All of a sudden some shithead that has nothing to do with the conversation and only a dislike for something the poster seems to believe and BAM the 275 points are gone and no telling how far in the hole the poster is at this point. It just doesn't make any sense to me on a board that claims to welcome posters and politicos of all stripes. That has certainly not been my case and the entire admin here knows it. Que Sera Sera.

Thanks for your spin, Kath, but being a bit deeper and empathetic would have been my expectation from you.

Psychoblues

Like Virgil, and PR on the one hand you say the rep system is useless - but you bitch when someone neg reps you for being a jerk

Which is it PB? If you don't care about the rep system why the crying and bellyaching over it?

Perhaps if you showed alittle more class and civility you would have any reason to go crying to staff over a neg rep hit

Kathianne
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
The vast majority here pos others for good posts or funny ones. Really the only time I see most folks rep jump is on their birthdays.

I've negged conservatives that get into name calling and liberals for the same. That's my opinion as a poster, not as staff. We all have the right to our own standards.

I consider PB's last couple posts whining, sorry PB. Would I neg for that? Nope, but that what it is. Dav, you want to set the parameters for others to jump through, unfortunately all have the right to make their own, as long as they are staying within the rules.

Now if you were to say that you picked up 15 neg reps today, for speaking your mind and they were all from those that always disagree with you, I'd certainly check out that claim.

I've yet to look at your rep or the OP's rep in the past few days or months. If you think you have a justified complaint, shoot a pm as I've told you.

red states rule
02-04-2011, 01:56 PM
The vast majority here pos others for good posts or funny ones. Really the only time I see most folks rep jump is on their birthdays.

I've negged conservatives that get into name calling and liberals for the same. That's my opinion as a poster, not as staff. We all have the right to our own standards.

I consider PB's last couple posts whining, sorry PB. Would I neg for that? Nope, but that what it is. Dav, you want to set the parameters for others to jump through, unfortunately all have the right to make their own, as long as they are staying within the rules.

Now if you were to say that you picked up 15 neg reps today, for speaking your mind and they were all from those that always disagree with you, I'd certainly check out that claim.

I've yet to look at your rep or the OP's rep in the past few days or months. If you think you have a justified complaint, shoot a pm as I've told you.

Now that is a positive rep worthy post Kat

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
You might be surprised at what gets repped, both positive and negative, and by whom. Let's just say the private side of some here is very different from the public. And since you, PB, don't know what actually goes on, it's probably fruitless for you to fret over it.

red states rule
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
You might be surprised at what gets repped, both positive and negative, and by whom. Let's just say the private side of some here is very different from the public. And since you, PB, don't know what actually goes on, it's probably fruitless for you to fret over it.

PB has been bitching about things he has no knowledge of since I first starting reading his posts

Why should he stop now?

I still want him to explain to me why he is so upset over a rep system he thinks is useless

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 02:47 PM

There you go, throwing the "whining" bomb again, Kath. Coming from your perch it just isn't that difficult for me to understand your rather prism-ed view of any other point of view.

We've now discussed a lot of what is wrong with the system and I am convinced the system will remain fully as flawed as it was before the conversation ever started. Just from an ideological standpoint I wish the system could somehow be made more prone to honesty and less prone to punishment for simple differences of opinion.

I am not and have never tried to set parameters for anyone, Kath, on this board or any other with respect to the rep systems. Admittedly, when I perceive abusive use of it towards me I say something. I've been told that IS my right here. And I've been pm'd by others that have fully supported my stated position and my displeasure with the jerk that popped me. I don't, except in very very rare circumstances, return the pop. Mostly because I think it's juvenile and really my measly "rep power" (boy, ain't that a goddamned badass, macho description of such a childish-like rewards system, or,,,,maybe,,,,,,not,,,,,,,) can't hurt them anyway.

Thanks for the hollerback, Kath. You're always my hero.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
There you go, throwing the "whining" bomb again, Kath. Coming from your perch it just isn't that difficult for me to understand your rather prism-ed view of any other point of view.

We've now discussed a lot of what is wrong with the system and I am convinced the system will remain fully as flawed as it was before the conversation ever started. Just from an ideological standpoint I wish the system could somehow be made more prone to honesty and less prone to punishment for simple differences of opinion.

I am not and have never tried to set parameters for anyone, Kath, on this board or any other with respect to the rep systems. Admittedly, when I perceive abusive use of it towards me I say something. I've been told that IS my right here. And I've been pm'd by others that have fully supported my stated position and my displeasure with the jerk that popped me. I don't, except in very very rare circumstances, return the pop. Mostly because I think it's juvenile and really my measly "rep power" (boy, ain't that a goddamned badass, macho description of such a childish-like rewards system, or,,,,maybe,,,,,,not,,,,,,,) can't hurt them anyway.

Psychoblues

I'd suggest you read Abbey's post, it says more than the truth.

red states rule
02-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Psychoblues

Once again you are whining about something yu say is useless. If it is useless why are you having such a temper tantrum over it?

PB, I mean every word of this comment - if you stop acting like such a jerk, and stop with the insults and personal attacks - you might see that rep you claim not to care about start going up. Of course you seem to be one of those types who go around looking for things to bitch about PB

Why would anyone expect to gain respect by treating other people like crap?

Perhaps it part of being a liberal? Winning people over by insulting them has a very limited success rate PB

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 03:31 PM

I don't fret over much and certainly not things of which I am not aware. I can only see what I see. If you folks are trying to hide something or feel like you need to hide something it is not my place to seek out information that I may not be entitled to. It seems to me, Abbey. that you are speaking here in a code understood by who knows who. But I don't think you're speaking to me or the board at large.

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't fret over much and certainly not things of which I am not aware. I can only see what I see. If you folks are trying to hide something or feel like you need to hide something it is not my place to seek out information that I may not be entitled to. It seems to me, Abbey. that you are speaking here in a code understood by who knows who. But I don't think you're speaking to me or the board at large.

Psychoblues

Hell, why not blame Bush or say it is another vast right wing conspiracy? You are just like Virgil PB

You treat anyone who disagrees with you like a piece of trash and then bitch when they zap your rep for a few points

You need to grow up and grow a pair son

You need to learn what goes around comes around

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Psychoblues

Rep comments are private to the board-at-large. Capice?
I've tried to diplomatically tell you that you don't know the whole story. If you can't handle that, that is going to have to be your problem.

Psychoblues
02-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Rep comments are private to the board-at-large. Capice?
I've tried to diplomatically tell you that you don't know the whole story. If you can't handle that, that is going to have to be your problem.

I've known about the privacy of rep comments from day one, abby. And I don't care what comments are left on anyone else's account and there is no need for any special diplomacy as this is not any delicate subject. I can handle anything you want to put out there but I just don't see where you're coming from or what you're trying to say. And I got at least one pm or pos rep or something like that agrees that you are some kind of a code talker or whatever. You ain't talking to me, or it doesn't seem so.

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-05-2011, 07:20 AM
and if any od you have ever neg repped PB, here the typical reaction we do not get to see after he sees that small red box on his computer screen

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i5tWT6I1GvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
02-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Actually, anything not already viewable by the "public" should otherwise be regarded as private. Members can discuss the act of leaving the reputation but the contents of what they stated should remain private.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Actually, anything not already viewable by the "public" should otherwise be regarded as private. Members can discuss the act of leaving the reputation but the contents of what they stated should remain private.

OK PB now post how Jim just admitted there is a vast right wing conspiracy when it comes to your rep, the rep system, and how vital information is being suppressed that would vindicate you :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I've known about the privacy of rep comments from day one, abby. And I don't care what comments are left on anyone else's account and there is no need for any special diplomacy as this is not any delicate subject. I can handle anything you want to put out there but I just don't see where you're coming from or what you're trying to say. And I got at least one pm or pos rep or something like that agrees that you are some kind of a code talker or whatever. You ain't talking to me, or it doesn't seem so.

Psychoblues

Well, goody for you that you got positive rep out of it. Or did you? Hmmm... We all know how important it is to you.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Well, goody for you that you got positive rep out of it. We all know how important it is to you. ;)

and over a system he has said is useless

Seems PB ego is ruling the day

red states rule
02-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Well, goody for you that you got positive rep out of it. Or did you? Hmmm... We all know how important it is to you.

any rep points he might have gained will be lost quickly since PB is still acting like a jerk

red states rule
02-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Psychoblues

As usual PB you are LYING about getting positive rep for trashing Abbey

As a staff member I have the ability to check your rep and who gave it to you

YOU RECEIVED NO POSITIVE REP FOR THAT POST PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again PB you toss out the BS but this time you were proven to be the serial liar that you are

Any comments PB or will you continue to hide from me and cower in fear like a coward?

red states rule
02-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Whats wrong PB?

Are you humilated over being exposed in another lie?

Are you so ashamed you do not have the guts to post an apology to Abbey?

Or am I asking way to much of you PB to man up and admit your lie?