PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Supplies Electricity To Wintry Texas

Psychoblues
02-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I hope they don't have any illegals out there throwing them breakers!!!! That power might end up in China!!!!

MEXICO CITY (AFP) – Mexico's state electricity company on Wednesday started supplying electricity to the US state of Texas, where demand shot up amid unusually cold temperatures and caused power outages.

Mexico's Federal Electricity Commission "was determined to support Texas with electrical energy faced with the problems the state is suffering due to climatological conditions," a statement said.

An energy transfer of 280 megawatts began at midday (1800 GMT) via the north Mexican border cities of Nuevo Laredo, Reynosa and Piedras Negras, it added.

Texas Governor Rick Perry said in a statement that power and emergency management experts were working with utility providers to ensure power was restored as quickly as possible.

"Until that happens, I urge businesses and residents to conserve electricity to minimize the impact of this event," Perry added.

An epic winter storm Wednesday buried more than a third of the United States in drifting snow, sleet and ice that brought air and road travel to a halt.

Snowstorms also paralyzed air transport, blocked operations in factories and caused schools to shut in the Mexican city of Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas............................................. ..........

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110202/ts_alt_afp/mexicousweatherstorm_20110202234748

This wind and ice in North Mis'ippi will cut you like a knife but I think our IBEW and Entergy resources will pull us through. If not, hell we ain't that far from Mexico and we got enough of them running around to power-drive a 1,000 Megawatt Westinghouse Generator.

Psychoblues

SassyLady
02-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I hope they don't have any illegals out there throwing them breakers!!!! That power might end up in China!!!!

Psychoblues

And you call Tea Party people racist.

SassyLady
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
I guess PB's comments offended them!

MEXICO CITY — Mexico said Thursday it was temporarily suspending an offer to provide electricity to Texas to help the U.S. state weather an ice storm that forced rolling blackouts, because of severe cold in Mexico's own territory.
Mexico's Federal Electricity Commission had said Wednesday it had agreed to transmit 280 megawatts of electricity to Texas.
But on Thursday, the commission said it was temporarily suspending the transfer because below-freezing temperatures in northern Mexico had affected the generating capacity of some its own plants, causing a reduction of about 1,000 megawatts in generation.
The commission also said Mexico needed to ensure there was enough electricity to meet domestic demand, in the face of a severe cold snap that dumped snow on the border city of Ciudad Juarez, across from El Paso, Texas.
The National Meteorological Service said wind chill in Ciudad Juarez could drop to minus-4 degrees (-20 Celsius). It said the cold front could also send snow into other border cities, including Matamoros, Reynosa, Nuevo Laredo, to the east of Ciudad Juarez, over the coming week.
The service said the front could also cause storms along Mexico's Gulf coast.
In Texas, rolling blackouts have been implemented, including in Super Bowl host city Dallas, due to high demand during the rare ice storm.

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 12:13 AM
And you call Tea Party people racist.

That was no racist remark, sl. It merely had to do with non-English speaking personnel being assigned uncertain work to them and the power being directed to areas unintended. It has happened and happened a lot with fully qualified and English speaking personnel at the switches. You're kinda sensitive about your teabagging bunch, aren't you, sl? I see you still got that teapot singing!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 12:17 AM
I guess PB's comments offended them!

As is the case in most power industries they exhaust their rolling reserve pretty quickly in unusual temperature conditions. This is no exception. Did you read your own article, sassy? Or do you have that lil' teapot justa blowin' away?

Psychoblues

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 12:23 AM
As is the case in most power industries they exhaust their rolling reserve pretty quickly in unusual temperature conditions. This is no exception. Did you read your own article, sassy? Or do you have that lil' teapot justa blowin' away?

Psychoblues

I read it PB ... just jerking your chain ... glad to see that took the bait.

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 12:24 AM
That was no racist remark, sl. It merely had to do with non-English speaking personnel being assigned uncertain work to them and the power being directed to areas unintended. It has happened and happened a lot with fully qualified and English speaking personnel at the switches. You're kinda sensitive about your teabagging bunch, aren't you, sl? I see you still got that teapot singing!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Of course it was a racist remark....however, typically you don't see yourself as a racist or anything you say as a racist. You made a slur about illegals not being able to push the right buttons. Instead of saying "illegals" why didn't you say "idiots".

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 01:26 AM
I read it PB ... just jerking your chain ... glad to see that took the bait.

And I hope you know that I was joking with you as well!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Of course it was a racist remark....however, typically you don't see yourself as a racist or anything you say as a racist. You made a slur about illegals not being able to push the right buttons. Instead of saying "illegals" why didn't you say "idiots".

I was making only a joke, sl. Can I put you down for a donation for and as a supporter of the Comprehensive Immigration bill we now have working through congress? I've certainly given my time and money on this and hundreds of other immigration issues through the years.

And the remark wasn't racist. Only in your imagination. And don't tell me how to tell a damned joke or make light of a situation that could be but hasn't been fatal. Even in tragedy we need to find humor, I think.

Psychoblues

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I was making only a joke, sl. Can I put you down for a donation for and as a supporter of the Comprehensive Immigration bill we now have working through congress? I've certainly given my time and money on this and hundreds of other immigration issues through the years.

And the remark wasn't racist. Only in your imagination. And don't tell me how to tell a damned joke or make light of a situation that could be but hasn't been fatal. Even in tragedy we need to find humor, I think.

Psychoblues

Just tapping into my liberal side by calling you out on your "joke" that is really just a racist remark no matter how you want to tone it down after the fact. First you insinuated they were too stupid to push the right button and then you insinuated that there were enough of them running around in Mississippi to create the energy you needed.

If not, hell we ain't that far from Mexico and we got enough of them running around to power-drive a 1,000 Megawatt Westinghouse Generator.

Psychobulues

red states rule
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM

Psychoblues

That is the way things are in Liberville

Libs can make a racial slur and be given a pass by saying they were making joke

If anyone makes a racial slur - real or not - they must be attend sensitivity training, apologize at least 15 times, submit to being publicly lectured by the like of Rev Al and Jesse Jackson, and do one sided attack interviews by the hosts on MSNBC

And even then, they must be fired from whatever job they hold and donate money to racial shakedown groups run by Rev Jackson

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Just tapping into my liberal side by calling you out on your "joke" that is really just a racist remark no matter how you want to tone it down after the fact. First you insinuated they were too stupid to push the right button and then you insinuated that there were enough of them running around in Mississippi to create the energy you needed.

I never even insinuated anyone was "stupid", teapot. My gig is the confusion that arises as the American and Mexican systems are switched together. It's hard enough in switching domestic systems together. You just didn't get the joke and are now trying to put an undue onus on me as having a racial animosity. You're dead wrong, teapot.

And they work damned cheap, too!!!!!!!!! You don't really understand what racism is, do you, teapot?

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I never even insinuated anyone was "stupid", teapot. My gig is the confusion that arises as the American and Mexican systems are switched together. It's hard enough in switching domestic systems together. You just didn't get the joke and are now trying to put an undue onus on me as having a racial animosity. You're dead wrong, teapot.

And they work damned cheap, too!!!!!!!!! You don't really understand what racism is, do you, teapot?

Psychoblues

If only PB was a conservative talk radio host the libs at MSNBC would have a story to run with for at least a week

blarset
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM
First post

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 09:34 PM
First post

First post on the forum or are you saying you agree with the first post in this thread?

BTW ... welcome to DP...love your avatar.

Gaffer
02-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm still trying to figure out where illegals come in on this. The power is coming from Mexico, run by Mexicans for Mexicans. If they are Mexican and living in Mexico how are they illegal?

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm still trying to figure out where illegals come in on this. The power is coming from Mexico, run by Mexicans for Mexicans. If they are Mexican and living in Mexico how are they illegal?

I was wondering the same, which is why I figured that PB was just trying to make a racist comment and it backfired on him.

Psychoblues
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I was wondering the same, which is why I figured that PB was just trying to make a racist comment and it backfired on him.

Let me say this once more, sassy. You don't understand the meaning of the word racist. I can make a comment about Oprah Winfrey being black or involving herself in black issues or remarking that she is the all time richest black talk show host in history and that doesn't make me racist any more than my remark earlier about the illegals throwing switches and sending the electricity to unintended locations. Your assumption that that remark is racist in any way is simple folly. I hold no animus whatsoever for illegals, Mexican or not. Racism begins in that "animus" thing that people like you, gene beck, shrill o'really and others seem to want to justify in your own remarks. Clearly, you don't understand the word or the concept.

Psychoblues

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 10:04 PM
:tinfoil:

Let me say this once more, sassy. You don't understand the meaning of the word racist. I can make a comment about Oprah Winfrey being black or involving herself in black issues or remarking that she is the all time richest black talk show host in history and that doesn't make me racist any more than my remark earlier about the illegals throwing switches and sending the electricity to unintended locations. Your assumption that that remark is racist in any way is simple folly. I hold no animus whatsoever for illegals, Mexican or not. Racism begins in that "animus" thing that people like you, gene beck, shrill o'really and others seem to want to justify in your own remarks. Clearly, you don't understand the word or the concept.

Psychoblues

Gaffer
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
:tinfoil:

Another inane rant from pickledbrain. Whew.

I am standing here beside myself.

red states rule
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM

Psychoblues

Yea, in your world it is against the laws of nature for any liberal to be a racist or make racist comments n o matter how racist their comments may be

In your world only Republicans are racists and make racist comments no matter if they make a racist vomment or not