PDA

View Full Version : ABC Sets Up Sting Operation to Find Racism in AZ Immigration Law

red states rule
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
With the liberal media, if they can't find a story to fit their liberal agenda - they will stage and create one

The libs at ABC "know" the people of AZ are racists so they hired an actor to "prove" it

ABC and reporter John Quinones on Thursday stretched the bounds of journalism, hiring an actor to play a racist security guard as a way of testing how the people of Arizona would react to the state's "anti-immigration law."

Previewing the network's "What Would You Do?" segment for Friday's 20/20, Quinones explained the undercover concept: "So, I go undercover, pretending to be someone who is about to be arrested and deported, simply by the way I look."

The piece featured a cartoonish "security guard" harassing Mexican actors in Tucson, Arizona. Presumably, ABC chose a security guard because impersonating a police officer is illegal. The actor walked into a restaurant and spewed, "I'm just looking to make sure these guys are legal citizens. And if they're not legal citizens, they shouldn't be here. They should be deported. They look Mexican."

Of course, having this man pretend to be a security guard really makes no sense. (A security guard is going to deport people?) Secondly, for journalists that often attack conservative sting operations, it's rather odd to see ABC manipulate such a scenario

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2011/02/03/abc-sets-sting-operation-find-racism-az-immigration-law-hires-actor-#ixzz1D0qlNO8j

trobinett
02-04-2011, 01:11 PM
I can only hope, that like CBS before them, this whole deal BLOWS up in their face.:coffee:

red states rule
02-04-2011, 01:13 PM
I can only hope, that like CBS before them, this whole deal BLOWS up in their face.:coffee:

It will. That is why the ratings for the liberal media are dropping. More and more people are seeing the biased slant to the left - and the media is no longer even trying to hide it anymore

actsnoblemartin
02-04-2011, 01:20 PM
dont they have anything better to do and honestly I thought they made up stories all the time

:laugh2:

With the liberal media, if they can't find a story to fit their liberal agenda - they will stage and create one

The libs at ABC "know" the people of AZ are racists so they hired an actor to "prove" it

red states rule
02-04-2011, 01:28 PM
dont they have anything better to do and honestly I thought they made up stories all the time

:laugh2:

Bottom line is, the liberal media will write, slant, stage, and create the story to fit their agenda and how they view the issue

Facts and reality mean nothing - only furthering the left wing agenda matters

red states rule
02-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I find it telling of the ethics of ABC when they call using an actor playing a security guard and staging a racist confrontation a news story

revelarts
02-05-2011, 10:26 AM
The clip below set-ups a racism scenario where most people come out fairly well.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GYF8ievas48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is a TV show "WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" Not "NEWS" . It's candid Camera with a mean twist. It's "Punked" without the Edge.
yes they have the left leaning premises way to often but as far as i can tell the show seems to be fairly honest in it's presentation.

the AZ Show is an Obvious and crass play for ratings and to stir the pot.
But I'm still curious to see the episode.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
The clip below set-ups a racism scenario where most people come out fairly well.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GYF8ievas48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is a TV show "WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" Not "NEWS" . It's candid Camera with a mean twist. It's "Punked" without the Edge.
yes they have the left leaning premises way to often but as far as i can tell the show seems to be fairly honest in it's presentation.

the AZ Show is an Obvious and crass play for ratings and to stir the pot.
But I'm still curious to see the episode.

I guess over at ABC the purpose of "investigative journalism: is not to uncover new facts but merely to prove supporting opinion

In the ABC newsroom, and many other newsrooms and DNC offices - it is a "fact" the residents of AZ are racist bastards who deserve as much disdain that be thrown at them. So lets set up a situation that confirm their racism and call it a news story

krisy
02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Every once in a while we catch this show while flipping through channels. We happened to see this episode in the article Friday night. My husband and I were so pissed we were yelling at the t.v.:laugh:

The host did everything but come out and say that he thought the Arizona law was racist. They had these hispanic people coming into a restaurant and being horassed by the fake security guard who was just supposed to be another customer. He was asking them for papers. Many people came to their rescue and told the security guard off,which was fine. I don't believe anyone should be picked on like that just for walking into a restaurant. The problem was that in our opinion,this was not comparable to the law....these people simply walked into a restaurant to get something to eat. They weren't speeding or breaking a law.

The other thing that ticked us off was that it was an "experiment" if you will on the good people of Arizona to basically see how racist they are.

In the same show,they sent two deaf girls into a restaurant. One of them was applying for the kitchen help job. The actor/boss of the place told them he wouldn't hire the girl because she was deaf. Some people watched and looked angry,but only ONE man stood up and said 'hey,your discriminating!". Funny thing, a couple of bystanders in the place happened to be human resources workers and came up to him after the girls left and told him that he should just act like the hearing loss didn't bother him,but just don't hire her because of the deafness. The job was only to work in the kitchen. Not waitressing or answering phones,where deafness wouold be an issue. A million people raced to help the hispanic people in the restaurant,yet hardly anyone stood up for the deaf girls,so the host can shove the whole racist Americans bull up his ass.

I should add that I have a daughter with moderate severe hearing loss,so the deaf girl story struck a nerve.

red states rule
02-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Every once in a while we catch this show while flipping through channels. We happened to see this episode in the article Friday night. My husband and I were so pissed we were yelling at the t.v.:laugh:

The host did everything but come out and say that he thought the Arizona law was racist. They had these hispanic people coming into a restaurant and being horassed by the fake security guard who was just supposed to be another customer. He was asking them for papers. Many people came to their rescue and told the security guard off,which was fine. I don't believe anyone should be picked on like that just for walking into a restaurant. The problem was that in our opinion,this was not comparable to the law....these people simply walked into a restaurant to get something to eat. They weren't speeding or breaking a law.

The other thing that ticked us off was that it was an "experiment" if you will on the good people of Arizona to basically see how racist they are.

In the same show,they sent two deaf girls into a restaurant. One of them was applying for the kitchen help job. The actor/boss of the place told them he wouldn't hire the girl because she was deaf. Some people watched and looked angry,but only ONE man stood up and said 'hey,your discriminating!". Funny thing, a couple of bystanders in the place happened to be human resources workers and came up to him after the girls left and told him that he should just act like the hearing loss didn't bother him,but just don't hire her because of the deafness. The job was only to work in the kitchen. Not waitressing or answering phones,where deafness wouold be an issue. A million people raced to help the hispanic people in the restaurant,yet hardly anyone stood up for the deaf girls,so the host can shove the whole racist Americans bull up his ass.

I should add that I have a daughter with modrate severe hearing loss,so the deaf girl story struck a nerve.

Krisy, I hope your daughter is doing well

But look back at the coverage of the liberal media for the last three years

If you were opposed to Obama - you are a racist

If you are a member of the Tea Party - you are a racist

If you are opposed to the Ground Zero Mosque - you are a racist

If you are opposed to Obamacare - you are a racist

If you are opposed to immigration "reform' - you are a racist

If you support the immigration law in AZ - you are a racist

Are you seeing a pattern here?

krisy
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Krisy, I hope your daughter is doing well

But look back at the coverage of the liberal media for the last three years

If you were opposed to Obama - you are a racist

If you are a member of the Tea Party - you are a racist

If you are opposed to the Ground Zero Mosque - you are a racist

If you are opposed to Obamacare - you are a racist

If you are opposed to immigration "reform' - you are a racist

If you support the immigration law in AZ - you are a racist

Are you seeing a pattern here?

For sure! The host is a real prick. He talked as if if his "opinion" was the one that was right,and if you didn't agree,you must be a racist. At least that's what we took from it. He also played a couple of phone messages that were left for him telling him to go back to Mexico. Try to get sympathy much Jon?

I appreciated the segment on the deaf girls,but he failed to emphasize how little support they recieved from bystanders compared to how big the support was for the hispanics.

Trigg
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I've watched this show a once or twice and I'm waiting for a show that goes after someone other than white people.

They have a very clear agenda, white guilt.

Does anyone remember the show where they made the white family black and vice versa? They had the white wife walk around with her "black" husband, they actually had to leave a black area because the person with them was afraid it was going to get violent.

Very little was made of that clip because the wrong kind of racism was on display.

Binky
02-06-2011, 01:32 PM

I should add that I have a daughter with moderate severe hearing loss,so the deaf girl story struck a nerve.

I don't go for discrimination of any kind whatsoever, whether it be obesity, heighth, color or if someone has a huge nose. I don't fly that way. Throughout my grammer school days, because I was taller than most of the other students as well as skinny as a rail, I was always labeled "Vampira". Now don't ask me why that particular name as I haven't a clue. I was not aware that vampira was tall and skinny. LOLOLOL!

I am out working in the public much of the time. I treat my customers and coworkers with the respect they deserve. I do not talk about people behind their backs. Nor do I sling negative crapola at them. I treat everyone the way I like to be treated. However, if someone chooses to slam me with some negative vibs like shootin' me a dirty look, (yeah, it happens on occasion), or gets a bit testy with me, I do what is required of me and then I pawn them off on someone else to deal with that person and I walk away. I don't have time in my life for those that wish to snarl at me because they are having a bad day, or because that person happens to have a glitch in their personality. For the most part, I like people. And I couldn't care less as to what religion they are, how much money they make, how intelligent they are, or what color they were born with. It is of no importance in the scheme of things. I like people for who they are. Not for what I wish them to be. And if someone doesn't like me because I'm tall and skinny like vampira, then so bit it. That is their problem. Not mine.

red states rule
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
For sure! The host is a real prick. He talked as if if his "opinion" was the one that was right,and if you didn't agree,you must be a racist. At least that's what we took from it. He also played a couple of phone messages that were left for him telling him to go back to Mexico. Try to get sympathy much Jon?

I appreciated the segment on the deaf girls,but he failed to emphasize how little support they recieved from bystanders compared to how big the support was for the hispanics.

It seems to me the libs draw the race card from the bottom of the deck to attack their opponent more often then Jesse James drew his gun to rob people

krisy
02-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I've watched this show a once or twice and I'm waiting for a show that goes after someone other than white people.

They have a very clear agenda, white guilt.

Does anyone remember the show where they made the white family black and vice versa? They had the white wife walk around with her "black" husband, they actually had to leave a black area because the person with them was afraid it was going to get violent.

Very little was made of that clip because the wrong kind of racism was on display.

You nailed it. A couple of weeks ago we watched it and they had a young drunk girl hangin with a bunch of boys. They wanted to see if people would help her. They were switching actors from black to white and of course were digging hard to see if people would approach a group of black guys. Its a lot of crap.

red states rule
02-06-2011, 02:51 PM
You nailed it. A couple of weeks ago we watched it and they had a young drunk girl hangin with a bunch of boys. They wanted to see if people would help her. They were switching actors from black to white and of course were digging hard to see if people would approach a group of black guys. Its a lot of crap.

If ABC is really looking for examples of hate and racism all they need to do is attend a gathering of liberals

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3ctO7fdrcc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3ctO7fdrcc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

chloe
02-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Every friday night they air the "what would you do?" series, I always watch it, and I think it would be funny after the civillian gets guilted into saying whatever the undercover reporter wants him to say, then it would be fun to show up with another camera crew and say, we wanted to know what most americans would do if a liberal reporter guilted you live on tv and pushed there agenda on you would you stand with your own original view before they busted you being politically incorrect or bend to there view, why did you feel you had to bend to there view?:laugh2:

revelarts
02-06-2011, 07:57 PM
This is really interesting to me.

OK,

we've got a TV show here, it's MSM so it leans left -DUH-
its candid camera with an ethics twist.
I mean when I've watched it.
they show women having their husbands hit on .to see "what would you do."
People stealing to see "what would you do."
and several others with completely non racial themes .

then they have more than a few racial, religious and as was mentioned handicapped ethics scenarios.

Ok, soo sometime people on the show get caught being racist.
Many times they are just the opposite.
Many times the do nothing.

Now sure Why should anyone feel guilty for someone elses racism.
Embarrassed maybe. sure. I do.
But, as far as I can tell they aren't making any of this up. I mean it's not ALL fake. these are real people's honest reactions.

Sadly there is still racism in the U.S. (the world). Most people can name the token racist among their families and friends.

It's not something that whites or minorities own up to often or talk about honestly.

But to me the most powerful bits of the show are how GOOD People do whats right.
I get a sense of pride and relief frankly rather than curse the TV, but I've only seen a few episodes though.

I don't think anyone here can say with full honesty that they think they'd get BETTER treatment in general if they were Hispanic, Black, Muslum or handicapped on in a mix race relationship.

But somehow it's ALWAYS wrong to talk about it in public no matter what the context it seems.
Many Whites feel attacked and Minorities feel unacknowledged.

Sure the show needs to portray race for both sides equally (didn't we say this was MSM) but that doesn't make the racist whites look any better or make it disappear.

When it comes to parties
Seems to me both parties like to claim,
"We are the party of that love minorities the best.... as long as they agree with us. If not they are Overseers, Tom's, fill in racial slur and should be hung or go back to Mexico or Country X."

Not sure that's very appealing to any minority, Would it appeal to you?

Lets' be honest, This country used to be EXTREMELY RACIST and we still got a hangover buzz but we're trying to act like we are completely sober. The left, right, black, white, red and brown all have their brand of leftover racism we're dealing with.Sometimes it's good to air it out a bit. ANd be thankful there are people that from all sides that don't play into the old drunkalogs.

I'm sure I'll be misunderstood by some, it won't be the 1st time
But that's my take on it.

chloe
02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
on the immigration that one lady offered to get an escape for the actors because she thought they might be illegal too.:laugh2:

red states rule
02-07-2011, 10:57 AM

OK,

then they have more than a few racial, religious and as was mentioned handicapped ethics scenarios.

But, as far as I can tell they aren't making any of this up. I mean it's not ALL fake. these are real people's honest reactions.

Sadly there is still racism in the U.S. (the world). Most people can name the token racist among their families and friends.

It's not something that whites or minorities own up to often or talk about honestly.

But to me the most powerful bits of the show are how GOOD People do whats right.
I get a sense of pride and relief frankly rather than curse the TV, but I've only seen a few episodes though.

I don't think anyone here can say with full honesty that they think they'd get BETTER treatment in general if they were Hispanic, Black, Muslum or handicapped on in a mix race relationship.

But somehow it's ALWAYS wrong to talk about it in public no matter what the context it seems.

Sure the show needs to portray race for both sides equally (didn't we say this was MSM) but that doesn't make the racist whites look any better or make it disappear.

When it comes to parties
"We are the party of that love minorities the best.... as long as they agree with us. If not they are Overseers, Tom's, fill in racial slur and should be hung or go back to Mexico or Country X."

Lets' be honest, This country used to be EXTREMELY RACIST and we still got a hangover buzz but we're trying to act like we are completely sober. The left, right, black, white, red and brown all have their brand of leftover racism we're dealing with.Sometimes it's good to air it out a bit. ANd be thankful there are people that from all sides that don't play into the old drunkalogs.

The bottom line is we have organization that calls it self a NEWS CENTER and they set out with a predetermined opinion and set up a situation that confirmed their opinion

It was staged and set up like a pro wrestling match Rev

This was not NEWS much like most of what the liberal media "reports" is not news

It was OPINION with a predetermined outcome to back up that OPINION

Little-Acorn
02-07-2011, 11:47 AM

ABC and reporter John Quinones on Thursday stretched the bounds of journalism, hiring an actor to play a racist security guard as a way of testing how the people of Arizona would react to the state's "anti-immigration law."

Previewing the network's "What Would You Do?" segment for Friday's 20/20, Quinones explained the undercover concept: "So, I go undercover, pretending to be someone who is about to be arrested and deported, simply by the way I look."

The piece featured a cartoonish "security guard" harassing Mexican actors in Tucson, Arizona. Presumably, ABC chose a security guard because impersonating a police officer is illegal. The actor walked into a restaurant and spewed, "I'm just looking to make sure these guys are legal citizens. And if they're not legal citizens, they shouldn't be here. They should be deported. They look Mexican."

Of course, having this man pretend to be a security guard really makes no sense. (A security guard is going to deport people?) Secondly, for journalists that often attack conservative sting operations, it's rather odd to see ABC manipulate such a scenario

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...#ixzz1D0qlNO8j

The sick liberals are getting so desperate for any "evidence" that proves their lies to be "true", they no longer have any problem with making it up, faking it, anything to make it look like they sometimes tell the truth.

They have lived in a world of lies and deception for so long, they think other people will believe their lies as avidly as they do.

Poor, sick liberals are coming to the end of their rope.

krisy
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM

OK,

When it comes to parties

Part of my problem with the show is editing...we are only going to see what THEY want us to see. The other thing I don't like is the insinuation that if someone doesn't intervene,it must be because they are racist. Many people may not want to intervene and call the police instead if they see a guy beating a girl or whatever.

The show can be interesting,but I still believe there is an agenda. Whats the point of pointing out white or black other than to fire people up and make them feel like they are crap because of their color?

Trigg
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Part of my problem with the show is editing...we are only going to see what THEY want us to see. The other thing I don't like is the insinuation that if someone doesn't intervene,it must be because they are racist. Many people may not want to intervene and call the police instead if they see a guy beating a girl or whatever.

The show can be interesting,but I still believe there is an agenda. Whats the point of pointing out white or black other than to fire people up and make them feel like they are crap because of their color?

This whole show is about white guilt. As far as I know no black people are ever in the wrong, just bad whites.

You wil never see a white couple walking into a black area and being refused service/housing or whatever else. That isn't the racism they want to highlight.