02-04-2011, 04:17 PM
these people are retarded

:lol:

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 05:46 PM
They certainly aren't rocket scientists. :laugh:

KitchenKitten99
02-04-2011, 05:56 PM
They're the product of allowing the stupid to survive without them actually using their own brainpower and willpower...

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Nope ... but I have a court date the end of this month. Any advice??

red states rule
02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Nope ... but I have a court date the end of this month. Any advice??

Do not let things get out of control. Do not try and be nice. Speak up and make sure your lawyer looks out for your best interests

In my divorce (that was 16 years ago) it was like my wife and I were having sex in the courtroom

She basically screwed me in front of the Judge and my lawyer did nothing to stop her from lying thru her teeth

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Do not let things get out of control. Do not try and be nice. Speak up and make sure your lawyer looks out for your best interests

In my divorce (that was 16 years ago) it was like my wife and I were having sex in the courtroom

She basically screwed me in front of the Judge and my lawyer did nothing to stop her from lying thru her teeth

Wow ... do you have to testify? I just thought it was a court date to "formalize" the paperwork.

red states rule
02-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Wow ... do you have to testify? I just thought it was a court date to "formalize" the paperwork.

I did and denied everything. But back then the women were always looked upon as the victim

That is why I will NEVER get married again

Thank God my GF feels the same way.

All I can tell you is not to let the slighted thing be said in court that is not the truth

It can snowball on you as it did me

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
I did and denied everything. But back then the women were always looked upon as the victim

That is why I will NEVER get married again

Thank God my GF feels the same way.

All I can tell you is not to let the slighted thing be said in court that is not the truth

It can snowball on you as it did me

Well, CA is irreconcilable differences so I don't think we have to testify against each other. Everything else is pretty black and white and on paper. Just need to let the court decide what/how the division of assets will work.

Neither of us has anyone else in our life, we don't have problems with drugs or alcohol, we don't gamble or spend .... we just ended up with different goals in life.

I will definitely take your advice and make sure my attorney takes care of me. He's already suggested a couple of things that I said I didn't want to pursue ... just didn't want my attorney/his attorney making money off trying to "screw" the other party.

I truly do want to remain friends ... maybe we can't do that for the next year or two, but if we treat each other decently during the divorce we'll become friends again.

red states rule
02-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, CA is irreconcilable differences so I don't think we have to testify against each other. Everything else is pretty black and white and on paper. Just need to let the court decide what/how the division of assets will work.

Neither of us has anyone else in our life, we don't have problems with drugs or alcohol, we don't gamble or spend .... we just ended up with different goals in life.

I will definitely take your advice and make sure my attorney takes care of me. He's already suggested a couple of things that I said I didn't want to pursue ... just didn't want my attorney/his attorney making money off trying to "screw" the other party.

I truly do want to remain friends ... maybe we can't do that for the next year or two, but if we treat each other decently during the divorce we'll become friends again.

I wish you the best. You are paying your attorney to look out for you so make he/she earns the money

I learned the hard way about trying to be a gentlemen during a legal proceeding. Just stand tall SL, be firm, and make sure everything is on the up and up