PDA

View Full Version : GOP Congressional Hopefuls Denounce Threats, Violence–Updated

Psychoblues
02-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Wow, it's getting serious when members of your own parties are asking to tone it down, not resort to violence and tell you where to look to see where it's coming from.

The New Mexico Independent
By Heath Haussamen

Three Republican congressional candidates from New Mexico are denouncing acts and threats of violence that, thus far, have been aimed mostly at House Democrats who have supported health-care reform legislation....................................... ..........................................

snip

“While recent political debates have gotten understandably heated, there is no excuse for turning to violence or personal attacks to make a point,” he said. “The founders of this country blessed us with a system through which all debates can be settled peacefully, through the ballot box. Let us honor them and our Constitution by keeping our discourse civil, lobbying our representatives respectfully, and seeking change by changing hearts and minds through inspiration, not fear.”............................................ .............................................

snip

At least 10 House Democrats have reported “death threats or incidents of harassment or vandalism at their district offices over the past week,” the Washington Post is reporting. One member had a coffin left on the lawn in front of his home. The brother of another had a gas line cut at his home.............................................. .....................................

snip

Green Party 1st Congressional District candidate Alan Woodruff had this to say:

“The threats of violence and personal attacks on members of Congress is the inevitable consequence of negative rhetoric of the Republican opposition to everything President Obama and the Democrats are doing. I don’t agree with everything the administration is doing, but I deplore the negative, attack tactics that have come to characterize the political process – including campaigns.

“We, as political candidates, must do everything we can to bring the country together by promoting rational debate and a full discussion of the issues. The example set by political ‘leaders’ is a disgrace.”

Much More: http://newmexicoindependent.com/50247/gop-congressional-hopefuls-denounce-threats-violence

Howzabout we stop with the bullshit and start getting productive about our legislative ambitions and get the looneytoons and their violence, inciting to violence and their guns under proper control.

Psychoblues

Missileman
02-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Howzabout we stop with the bullshit and start getting productive about our legislative ambitions and get the looneytoons and their violence, inciting to violence and their guns under proper control.

Psychoblues

Howzabout the federal government get back within the limits of the Constitution and quit spending us into oblivion? Animosity towards federal officals would vaporize.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow, it's getting serious when members of your own parties are asking to tone it down, not resort to violence and tell you where to look to see where it's coming from.

The New Mexico Independent
By Heath Haussamen

Three Republican congressional candidates from New Mexico are denouncing acts and threats of violence that, thus far, have been aimed mostly at House Democrats who have supported health-care reform legislation....................................... ..........................................

snip

“While recent political debates have gotten understandably heated, there is no excuse for turning to violence or personal attacks to make a point,” he said. “The founders of this country blessed us with a system through which all debates can be settled peacefully, through the ballot box. Let us honor them and our Constitution by keeping our discourse civil, lobbying our representatives respectfully, and seeking change by changing hearts and minds through inspiration, not fear.”............................................ .............................................

snip

At least 10 House Democrats have reported “death threats or incidents of harassment or vandalism at their district offices over the past week,” the Washington Post is reporting. One member had a coffin left on the lawn in front of his home. The brother of another had a gas line cut at his home.............................................. .....................................

snip

Green Party 1st Congressional District candidate Alan Woodruff had this to say:

“The threats of violence and personal attacks on members of Congress is the inevitable consequence of negative rhetoric of the Republican opposition to everything President Obama and the Democrats are doing. I don’t agree with everything the administration is doing, but I deplore the negative, attack tactics that have come to characterize the political process – including campaigns.

“We, as political candidates, must do everything we can to bring the country together by promoting rational debate and a full discussion of the issues. The example set by political ‘leaders’ is a disgrace.”

Much More: http://newmexicoindependent.com/50247/gop-congressional-hopefuls-denounce-threats-violence

Psychoblues

and is the spirit of civility, liberals have recently had school plays on the beheading of Sarah Palin, wishing to find the head of Pres bush in a trash can, blamed racist voters for their 20109 election loss, ran campaign ads TARGETING specific Republicans, and called for the lynching of Justice Thomas

So in other words, just the normal civility your friendly neighborhood liberal will display on a normal typical day

Psychoblues
02-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Howzabout the federal government get back within the limits of the Constitution and quit spending us into oblivion? Animosity towards federal officals would vaporize.

And you think that is the left/right solution for stopping the rightwingers from threatening and attacking liberals? I recall 8 years of an out of control gwb administration spending but I don't recall any threats against him or his ilk by the left on that issue and the right just worshipped every dollar he could give to his buddies or otherwise throw away. Yeah, I can see your point, Mm.

Psychoblues

Missileman
02-05-2011, 08:19 PM
And you think that is the left/right solution for stopping the rightwingers from threatening and attacking liberals? I recall 8 years of an out of control gwb administration spending but I don't recall any threats against him or his ilk by the left on that issue and the right just worshipped every dollar he could give to his buddies or otherwise throw away. Yeah, I can see your point, Mm.

Psychoblues

The Dems have been in charge of the purse strings for the last 4-years...don't you think it's time to stop blaming GWB for our debt? The Dems weren't bitching about Bush's spending because a lot of it went towards what Dems wanted.

Psychoblues
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
The Dems have been in charge of the purse strings for the last 4-years...don't you think it's time to stop blaming GWB for our debt? The Dems weren't bitching about Bush's spending because a lot of it went towards what Dems wanted.

Deflectionss are only that. gwb made for certain the congress knew his wishes and they, Dems and Pubs, made for certain he got what he wanted. gwb signed the checks.

Would you like to return to the violence and impropieties as being perpetrated by rightwingers on the liberals?

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Deflectionss are only that. gwb made for certain the congress knew his wishes and they, Dems and Pubs, made for certain he got what he wanted. gwb signed the checks.

Would you like to return to the violence and impropieties as being perpetrated by rightwingers on the liberals?

Psychoblues

Still ducking facts and hiding from reality I see

and is the spirit of civility, liberals have recently had school plays on the beheading of Sarah Palin, wishing to find the head of Pres bush in a trash can, blamed racist voters for their 20109 election loss, ran campaign ads TARGETING specific Republicans, and called for the lynching of Justice Thomas

So in other words, just the normal civility your friendly neighborhood liberal will display on a normal typical day

But PB wants to act like these events never happened and talk only about the mean Republicans and how they are the uncivil ones :laugh2:

So now the spending Reid and Pelosi authorized as leaders of Congress is Bush's fault now?

What's next PB when the prices at your local liquor store increase will you blame Bush for that as well?

02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Thank you Psycho for demonstrating that it's the left, not the right, that want violence. It's the right calling for peace. It's the left encouraging violence in Egypt. It's the left calling for Revolution in the US.

Psychoblues
02-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Thank you Psycho for demonstrating that it's the left, not the right, that want violence. It's the right calling for peace. It's the left encouraging violence in Egypt. It's the left calling for Revolution in the US.

How do you interpret that out anything I have EVER said, a'21? I support an honest examination and an immediate end to hate and violence being used to settle political differences. If I didn't make that very clear I hope that I am now.

Psychoblues