PDA

View Full Version : Valerie Jarrett Mistakes General For Waiter

red states rule
02-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Why do liberals go out of their way to insult members of the US military?

According to our tipster, Jarrett was seated at the head table along with several other big-name politicians and a handful of high-ranking military officials. As an officer sporting several stars walked past Jarrett, she signaled for his attention and said, “I’d like another glass of wine.”

White House economic adviser Austan Goolsbee, who was seated next to Jarret, began “cracking up nervously,” our tipster said, but no one pointed out to Jarrett that the man sporting a chestful of medals was not her waiter.

“The guy dutifully went up and got her a glass of wine, and then came back and gave it to her and took a seat at the table,” our tipster said. “Everyone is in tuxedos and gowns at this thing, but the military people are in full dress uniform.”

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/valerie-jarrett-mistakes-general-for-waiter/

darin
02-05-2011, 09:13 AM
look at my 'this is why liberals suck' thread. Watch them react. It's like the dumbest kid in class getting to be the teacher. Whatever mental mix up makes them believe the HORRIBLE things they profess also means they hate when in the presence of truth, goodness, nobility, honor.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 09:18 AM
look at my 'this is why liberals suck' thread. Watch them react. It's like the dumbest kid in class getting to be the teacher. Whatever mental mix up makes them believe the HORRIBLE things they profess also means they hate when in the presence of truth, goodness, nobility, honor.

I saw that thread DMP and I saw how the libs went nuts and on the defensive

It goes to show you what a classy bunch we have in the military. They put their asses on the line so idiots like Gabby and PR can spew their hate toward them and over grasp it is because of them they have the freedom and ability to show the world what a bunch of morons they are

Thunderknuckles
02-05-2011, 11:04 AM
More from the story.

All we have is an anonymous tipster to a conservative blogazine, so it’s not the most definitive story in the world. But it’s certainly plausible.
I'm not so sure if this story is real but if it is, the General is a class act.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 11:08 AM
More from the story.

It is real, I have not seen the usual liberal spin machine out trying to deny it happened

Like any other story that exposes liberals for what they really are - they lie low and wait for the reaction to blow over. Then they act like it never happened

Psychoblues
02-05-2011, 06:56 PM
More from the story.

Back in the 60's all Air Force personnel, Generls or not, in their dress blues were mistaken for bus drivers!!!!! What a hoot!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Back in the 60's all Air Force personnel, Generls or not, in their dress blues were mistaken for bus drivers!!!!! What a hoot!!!

Psychoblues

After being exposed as a serial liar (the lie I exposed on your rep thread) why would anyone believe anything you post PB?

Thunderknuckles
02-05-2011, 07:31 PM

Psychoblues
And you'd have to be some kind of "special" to make the same mistake with an Admiral in full stars and bars.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
And you'd have to be some kind of "special" to make the same mistake with an Admiral in full stars and bars.

In PB's case if the blood alcohol is high enough - he could do it

SassyLady
02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I believe the elitist left never make "mistakes" like this ... I believe they do it intentionally. They thrive on the subtle put down. I'm surprised the general's aide didn't have a heart attack and rush off to get the wine himself.

red states rule
02-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I believe the elitist left never make "mistakes" like this ... I believe they do it intentionally. They thrive on the subtle put down. I'm surprised the general's aide didn't have a heart attack and rush off to get the wine himself.

Who in our country do libs view as NOT their servants? They expect us to all work for the government and pay ever increasing tribute to the state

Psychoblues
02-05-2011, 07:40 PM

Now, that would take some extraordinary talent!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-06-2011, 07:25 AM
This is yet another example of a liberal seeing everyone around them being beneath them and everyone waiting to serve them

If I would have been the General I would have accidently spilled the on her head or in her lap

Psychoblues
02-06-2011, 07:52 AM
I did go and read the article. It states right there in it that this story is related only to an anonymous tipster and then only to a known conservative blog so it's accuracy is dubius at best. But on the subject, unlike Air Force dress blues, the Air Force General's formal mess dress is, as I am certain was being worn in this case by all military there, white short jacket, white shirt with black bow tie, black pants, some medals are worn, admittedly I don't know which ones, black cumberbun and black shoes. They have often been confused for waite staff much to their dismay and consternation at formal events. This is nothing new for them and I remain certain that Ms. Jarret has no disrespect whatsoever for the General or the military. After all, the General dutifully went and got her wine according to the "tipster" and all was well.

BTW, is being part of the waite staff or a maitre 'd somehow beneath anyone else?

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I did go and read the article. It states right there in it that this story is related only to an anonymous tipster and then only to a known conservative blog so it's accuracy is dubius at best. But on the subject, unlike Air Force dress blues, the Air Force General's formal mess dress is, as I am certain was being worn in this case by all military there, white short jacket, white shirt with black bow tie, black pants, some medals are worn, admittedly I don't know which ones, black cumberbun and black shoes. They have often been confused for waite staff much to their dismay and consternation at formal events. This is nothing new for them and I remain certain that Ms. Jarret has no disrespect whatsoever for the General or the military. After all, the General dutifully went and got her wine according to the "tipster" and all was well.

BTW, is being part of the waite staff or a maitre 'd somehow beneath anyone else?

Psychoblues

Once again PB you have stepped in it. You seem to have a probelm with Al Gore's amazing internet and its ability to find things

How about ABC News PB? Is that good eneough for you?

Why the hell you libs continue to try and defend these other libs who do nothing but hsow their contempt for the US military is beyond me

A faux pas in front of a crowded room – even an off-the-record one – can be cruel.

At a black tie event over the weekend, White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett mistook the vice chief of staff of the Army for a waiter and asked him to get her a drink. She was, sources said, mortified when she later realized her mistake.

Jarrett, a senior advisor and assistant to the president for public engagement and intergovernmental affairs, was attending the annual Alfalfa Club dinner and was seated at the head table with other luminaries such as White House chief of staff Bill Daley, Supreme Court justices John Roberts and Anthony Kennedy, former Vice President Dick Cheney, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen, the German and British ambassadors and Gen. Peter Chiarelli, the vice chief of staff.

The Daily Caller’s Mike Riggs first reported that Jarrett had mistaken an unnamed general for a waiter.

Through the process of elimination – there were only four military officials at the head table – ABC News determined that the unnamed general was Chiarelli.

One attendee said that the head table was long with very little space behind those seated at it. Most of those bustling behind were waiters.

Cue Chiarelli, walking by in his dress uniform – with a chest full of medals and four stars on each sleeve.

Jarrett did not get a good look at him, not the least of reasons for which was she wasn’t wearing her glasses. She mistook him for wait staff.

“Could I please get another glass of wine?” she asked.

Chiarelli, who previously served as commander of the multi-national corps—Iraq, turned around.

Cue Jarrett, realizing her mistake: “Oh my God, I’m so sorry!”

“She was mortified,” said someone at the table.

But Chiarelli laughed about it and the tension was relieved, attendees said.

Chiarelli later brought her a glass of wine as a joke.

A source close to the general told us “Gen. Chiarelli is a gentleman, he is a gentleman.”

Chiarelli was commissioned a second lieutenant of armor in September 1972 and has commanded at every level from platoon to corps.

Jarrett later sent the general a handwritten note saying the next time they see each other she will serve him a drink.

Chiarelli invited her to dinner. They have a date set in March.

- Jake Tapper

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/02/valerie-jarrett-mistakes-vice-chief-of-staff-of-army-for-waiter.html

Psychoblues
02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Just for clarification, my remarks were made about the original OP and nothing about anything further especially anything beyond my remarks having been made. And the abc article is very good. Much better than the OP.

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Just for clarification, my remarks were made about the original OP and nothing about anything further especially anything beyond my remarks having been made.

Psychoblues

Is this your way of admitting I busted your ass once again?

Or is this as close to an apology as you can get to?