PDA

View Full Version : Black American Dreads Black History Month

Trinnity
02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Black American Dreads Black History Month (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/black_american_dreads_black_hi.html)

By Lloyd Marcus
February 1, 2011: I can't help imagining Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, the Congressional Black Caucus, and all of the other race-profiteering usual suspects joyously awakening with a song in their hearts. "It's The Most Wonderful Month of the Year."

Ah, yes, another Black History Month! Time to pitch as many new guilt-trip government entitlement programs as possible. "I mean, after all, we blacks are still victims of America's racist attitudes and systematic abuse, which has changed very little since the '50s. White America still owes us, damn it!"

See, I know how to sound like a good little colored boy who knows his place on the Liberal Plantation. Democrat Massa's chief overseer Sharpton would be proud of me.

As a proud American who happens to be black, what I find most annoying about Black History Month, besides the concept of only one month to celebrate blacks' contributions to America, is the race-profiteers' despicable divisive exploitation of the month.

Throughout American history, white folks, and mostly Christians (there's that dirty C-word which the left despises) suffered, sacrificed, and died to help set blacks free and move them forward.

And yet, Sharpton and company use Black History Month to promote the image that every black achievement was made "in spite of" white America.

This month will be flooded with documentaries, specials, articles, and commentaries about how America still sucks for blacks and has a long, long way to go to make things right.

Rest at link

Abbey Marie
02-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Trinnity, that's a great article!
Can you please post a link the source, and trim it down to about 2-3 paragraphs (for copyright reasons)? These are across-the-board rules that we all must follow.
Thanks,
Abbey

SassyLady
02-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I think this is the link

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/32960

Psychoblues
02-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Black American Dreads Black History Month (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/black_american_dreads_black_hi.html)

By Lloyd Marcus
February 1, 2011: I can't help imagining Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, the Congressional Black Caucus, and all of the other race-profiteering usual suspects joyously awakening with a song in their hearts. "It's The Most Wonderful Month of the Year."

Wow. Talk about a poor, poor pitiful me, I'm a victim shtick, this cat has it dripping out his ears and down his legs. Everybody's in it for the dough. So much for the teabagger xpress.

Psychoblues

there's a great article about Mr. Marcus over at http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/index.php and his rather "Uncle Tomness". I recommend any rightwinger visit that website. You folks ought to just love it!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Trinnity
02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
trinnity, that's a great article!
Can you please post a link the source, and trim it down to about 2-3 paragraphs (for copyright reasons)? These are across-the-board rules that we all must follow.
Thanks,
abbey
The title is the link.
I thought everyone knew that protocol. It's very common in this virtual message board world.

Just click the title and it takes you right to the original article.....
OR, right click on the title, select "open in a new tab" and you can get it in a separate tab.
If an additional link is needed at the end of an article, someone should let me know

Thanks

Trigg
02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow. Talk about a poor, poor pitiful me, I'm a victim shtick, this cat has it dripping out his ears and down his legs. Everybody's in it for the dough. So much for the teabagger xpress.

Psychoblues

there's a great article about Mr. Marcus over at http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/index.php and his rather "Uncle Tomness". I recommend any rightwinger visit that website. You folks ought to just love it!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

So if a black man doesn't buy into the poor me attitude of Sharpton and is racist bunch of friends than he's an uncle tom. WOW

trobinett
02-06-2011, 01:11 PM

Psychoblues

Psychoblues

Pitiful Psyco old boy.:slap:

Abbey Marie
02-06-2011, 02:31 PM
The title is the link.
I thought everyone knew that protocol. It's very common in this virtual message board world.

Just click the title and it takes you right to the original article.....
OR, right click on the title, select "open in a new tab" and you can get it in a separate tab.
If an additional link is needed at the end of an article, someone should let me know

Thanks[/B]

I think I just did.
Also, some people like to see the source without going to it.

texastom
02-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I think I just did.Where? I can't find it.... :flameth:

Abbey Marie
02-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Where? I can't find it.... :flameth:

Really?
Post #2, first words of the second sentence: "Can you please post a link to the source".

texastom
02-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Really?
Post #2, first words of the second sentence: "Can you please post a link to the source".And as she said, the title was/is the link. Additionally, it appeared as if you were replying to the "bold", which said, "If an additional link is needed at the end of an article, someone should let me know"; to which you replied, "I just did". You had not.

Abbey Marie
02-06-2011, 03:00 PM
And as she said, the title was/is the link. Additionally, it appeared as if you were replying to the "bold", which said, "If an additional link is needed at the end of an article, someone should let me know"; to which you replied, "I just did". You had not.

Oh lordy. When I said, post a link, I meant it. The title is not an obvious link, protocol or not. And it does not tell anyone what the source is. One must go to the source to find out. Which I explained in the latter post.

Are you always this picky about something that wasn't directed at you? Or do you have a problem with the board rules I have stated?

Kathianne
02-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Really, there are many issues facing the world today, heck even a few on the board. Yes, Trinity posted the embedded link, it wasn't obvious to everyone. Then the post was shortened, per the rules. Asking for a link wasn't out of bounds, certainly nothing to get upset about.

So what's the price of gas where you live? It just jumped .15 more and we're up to nearly 3.45 a gallon. Funny thing, nothing on the front pages about it.

texastom
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Oh lordy. When I said, post a link, I meant it. The title is not an obvious link, protocol or not. And it does not tell anyone what the source is. One must go to the source to find out. Which I explained in the latter post.

Are you always this picky about something that wasn't directed at you? Or do you have a problem with the board rules I have stated?You're the one being picky. You didn't say to name the source, you said to post a link, which is what she had done. There is a difference. Therefore, I too am seeking (which I guess I now have) clarification.

Forgive me for seeking clarity.

Kathianne
02-06-2011, 03:11 PM
You're the one being picky. You didn't say to name the source, you said to post a link, which is what she had done. There is a difference. Therefore, I too am seeking (which I guess I now have) clarification.

Good, now about the price of gas? :laugh2:

texastom
02-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Really, there are many issues facing the world today, heck even a few on the board. Yes, Trinity posted the embedded link, it wasn't obvious to everyone. Then the post was shortened, per the rules. Asking for a link wasn't out of bounds, certainly nothing to get upset about.

So what's the price of gas where you live? It just jumped .15 more and we're up to nearly 3.45 a gallon. Funny thing, nothing on the front pages about it.A lot of sensitive folk here. Nobody said she was out of bounds, but it's obvious the desired result was miscommunicated. Now I get what it is Abbey was seeking and it's nice to know because I too normally just use the title as the link - as is normal practice. I didn't realize the policy was different here. It's nice to know though, so I won't make that mistake again.

Good, now about the price of gas? :laugh2:I thought it was the price of tea in China! :laugh2:

Last I recall, it's $3.25 a gallon here in Vegas. I work out of my home though and don't drive all that much (pretty much a hermit), so it's been a couple of weeks since I've needed to gas up.

Abbey Marie
02-06-2011, 03:13 PM
You're the one being picky. You didn't say to name the source, you said to post a link, which is what she had done. There is a difference. Therefore, I too am seeking (which I guess I now have) clarification.

Most people with good intentions who are new to a board, take time to get the lay of the land, and do not start out by trying to bait moderators, especially over small requests made to others. Time will tell why you are really here, I suppose. Let's hope it is for honest debate, not pot-stirring.

Anyway, I have learned over time that sincere apologies are not made with accompanying excuses. But since it is a first offense- ok, you are forgiven.

Kathianne
02-06-2011, 03:14 PM
A lot of sensitive folk here. Nobody said she was out of bounds, but it's obvious the desired result was miscommunicated. Now I get what it is Abbey was seeking and it's nice to know because I too normally just use the title as the link - as is normal practice. I didn't realize the policy was different here. It's nice to know though, so I won't make that mistake again.

Truthfully a lot of the links now embed themselves into the text or headlines, I understand that. However, got to say that in spite of it being blue text, I didn't pick it up right away, though did second time looking at it.

Any poster can ask for a link from the related post, no problem there. Nor was Trinity wrong for just having the embedded, though I think someone came later and added a URL?

In any case, way too much time spent.

texastom
02-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Most people with good intentions who are new to a board, take time to get the lay of the land, and do not start out by trying to bait moderators, especially over small requests made to others. Time will tell whay you are really here, I suppose. Let's hope it is for honest debate, not pot-stirring.

Anyway, I have learned over time that sincere apologies are not made with accompanying excuses. But since it is a first offense- ok, you are forgiven.Look, I didn't bait. It's not my fault you took it that way. I believe you should be able to tell by the few posts I have made here, I'm not much of a pot stirrer. I prefer intelligent discussion.

Lastly, I didn't ask for, nor do I seek your "forgiveness". That kind of attitude is insulting.

Kathie knows me and knows I'm not one much for confrontation. But I do prefer clarity over murkiness.

Abbey Marie
02-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Look, I didn't bait. It's not my fault you took it that way. I believe you should be able to tell by the few posts I have made here, I'm not much of a pot stirrer. I prefer intelligent discussion.

Lastly, I didn't ask for, nor do I seek your "forgiveness". That kind of attitude is insulting.

Kathie knows me and knows I'm not one much for confrontation. But I do prefer clarity over murkiness.

So your phrase "forgive me" wasn't seeking forgiveness? My bad.

Next time, if it is clarity you seek, you might phrase your posts more as a question, than as a "gotcha" to the moderator.

Perhaps we should start over. Hi, I'm Abbey.

texastom
02-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Look, I didn't bait. It's not my fault you took it that way. I believe you should be able to tell by the few posts I have made here, I'm not much of a pot stirrer. I prefer intelligent discussion.

Kathie knows me and knows I'm not one much for confrontation. But I do prefer clarity over murkiness.I posting this to point out that I did seek it. My apologies. I won't present my excuse for my over-reaction. You'll probably get why I did without one!
:dance:

So your phrase "forgive me" wasn't seeking forgiveness? My bad.

Next time, if it is clarity you seek, you might phrase your posts more as a question, than as a "gotcha" to the moderator.

Perhaps we should start over. Hi, I'm Abbey.Hi Abbey, I'm Tom. I truly did think the "flamer" at the end of the "gotcha" was evidence I was "teasing" you.

Sorry.

In any case, way too much time spent.True... too much time. But it's a slow news day! lol

Kathianne
02-06-2011, 03:27 PM
OK, group hug!

Back to the point. I find Black History Month a bit overdone at this point in time. I think there may have been a time for it, though with at least an 1/8 of all chapters in American social studies books through 8th grade being focused on Blacks, and another 1/8 on women and other 'minorities' I think those bases are more covered than in the past.

Gaffer
02-06-2011, 03:29 PM
True... too much time. But it's a slow news day! lol

Yeah, the media won't go back to work until tomorrow when they will catch up on all the "breaking news" that happened over the weekend. :thumb:

chloe
02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
How about that black american month eh:rolleyes:

Gaffer
02-06-2011, 03:35 PM
OK, group hug!

Back to the point. I find Black History Month a bit overdone at this point in time. I think there may have been a time for it, though with at least an 1/8 of all chapters in American social studies books through 8th grade being focused on Blacks, and another 1/8 on women and other 'minorities' I think those bases are more covered than in the past.

I agree with the article, I see no need for a black history month. If your going to have that then there needs to be a yellow history month and a white history month and a brown history month. I see it as a black apartheid.

texastom
02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
OK, group hug!

Back to the point. I find Black History Month a bit overdone at this point in time. I think there may have been a time for it, though with at least an 1/8 of all chapters in American social studies books through 8th grade being focused on Blacks, and another 1/8 on women and other 'minorities' I think those bases are more covered than in the past.This topic drains me. I don't know why we don't just celebrate ALL Americans. White, black, brown, yellow or whatever.... I know why we don't, but it's a drain to think about it, much less debate it! lol

I see it as a black apartheid.Excellent point.

Educators missed lesson on segregation-Pittsburg Post Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11035/1122872-153.stm)

At McCaskey East High School in Lancaster, 11th-grade black students were placed in separate homerooms with black teachers for six minutes a day, starting in December. The theory was that black students are more likely to take education seriously if they have a mentor who shares their racial background.

To those with even a modicum of historical memory of how education used to be conducted in this country, the McCaskey East experiment felt more like a lurching, irony-drenched return to the bad old days of "separate but equal," no matter how laudatory the school's aims.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11035/1122872-153.stm#ixzz1DDMyjZzZ

chloe
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
This topic drains me. I don't know why we don't just celebrate ALL Americans. White, black, brown, yellow or whatever.... I know why we don't, but it's a drain to think about it, much less debate it! lol

I guess you will pass out when we celebrate gay american month:laugh2:

texastom
02-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I guess you will pass out when we celebrate gay american month:laugh2:WE? Got a mouse in your pocket? :laugh2:

WE won't be celebrating it! :salute:

chloe
02-06-2011, 04:31 PM
WE? Got a mouse in your pocket? :laugh2:

WE won't be celebrating it! :salute:

Oh he he

Kathianne
02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
This topic drains me. I don't know why we don't just celebrate ALL Americans. White, black, brown, yellow or whatever.... I know why we don't, but it's a drain to think about it, much less debate it! lol

Excellent point.

Educators missed lesson on segregation-Pittsburg Post Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11035/1122872-153.stm)

At McCaskey East High School in Lancaster, 11th-grade black students were placed in separate homerooms with black teachers for six minutes a day, starting in December. The theory was that black students are more likely to take education seriously if they have a mentor who shares their racial background.

To those with even a modicum of historical memory of how education used to be conducted in this country, the McCaskey East experiment felt more like a lurching, irony-drenched return to the bad old days of "separate but equal," no matter how laudatory the school's aims.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11035/1122872-153.stm#ixzz1DDMyjZzZ

I agree with this. I find the modern textbooks contain so much that is boring and irrelevant that it's no wonder that kids hate reading it. So do I.

They have to find historical figures, but often have to settle for obscure people, that at times do 0 to rate historically. Several chapters actually have empty paragraphs containing sentences such as, "Women and people of color made contributions that have not been well documented...", simply because they can't find even obscure models. Then they go on from there. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't care if every group got a week or something to celebrate their heritage, but I'd love to see a month geared towards American commonalities, with the education of sameness emphasized. There is nothing wrong with being proud of where our ancestors came from, whether out of desperation, force, or because they just sought opportunity. The Balkanization that has been happening over the past 50 years though, is not good for the country.

Psychoblues
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
So if a black man doesn't buy into the poor me attitude of Sharpton and is racist bunch of friends than he's an uncle tom. WOW

I certainly didn't say or intimate that, Trigg. Even a shallow glimpse of them reveals each has his own and completely separarate views on Black History, accomplishments and even how society has sbeen falsely taught and largely perceives the nuances and history of the Black community in this country.

Psychoblues

Trinnity
02-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Jesse Jackson has made a career getting rich off pimping MLK.
IMO, Jackson has been divisive.

He coined the term "African-American". I think it creates a separatism that's counter-productive, and no other ethnic group does this.
That is why I refer to Blacks as Blacks when we discuss their ethnicity. I reject the tyranny of political correctness because it causes so much harm.

We're all Americans.
Jackson and Sharpton are harming their own people.
For money.

Noir
02-07-2011, 08:25 AM
When is White history month?

fj1200
02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
When is White history month?

January, March, April, June, July, August, September, October, and November. ;)

Noir
02-07-2011, 08:30 AM
January, March, April, June, July, August, September, October, and November. ;)

:laugh:

Trigg
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I certainly didn't say or intimate that, Trigg. Even a shallow glimpse of them reveals each has his own and completely separarate views on Black History, accomplishments and even how society has sbeen falsely taught and largely perceives the nuances and history of the Black community in this country.

Psychoblues

go back and check your post #4. It certainly seems to me that you called the man an Uncle Tom.

Missileman
02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
go back and check your post #4. It certainly seems to me that you called the man an Uncle Tom.

PB has the short term memory capability of a martini olive.

Psychoblues
02-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Any person of even subpar intelligence would recognize that "Proper Noun" in quotes is reflected back to the websitesite from which it came, and as I intended, politicalcesspoll.com. I would never under any circumstances call anyone Uncle Tom in the meaning as represented by that white trash at that website.

Psychoblues

Mr. P
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Really?
Post #2, first words of the second sentence: "Can you please post a link to the source".
It's there.

Clarity, you want Clarity? OK

You don't have to post a link but if you do don't post it at the top. Post it somewhere else but don't always embed the link because some folks don't wanna take the trouble to check the source, they like it a different way. So, if you follow that clarification to the Tee you'll still be wrong! :laugh:

Abbey Marie
02-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Clarity, you want Clarity? OK

You don't have to post a link but if you do don't post it at the top. Post it somewhere else but don't always embed the link because some folks don't wanna take the trouble to check the source, they like it a different way. So, if you follow that clarification to the Tee you'll still be wrong! :laugh:

Attempted mockery noted. I would have expected no better.

Posting the source of the material in an obvious way is the easiest way to protect this site from copyright violation. A link embedded in a title is hidden, and while it may be sufficient, it also defeats the purpose of publicly crediting the source alongside the material. It also makes it quite clear even to someone skimming the post, that the work is not original to the poster.

Since we require copied material be truncated to a few paragraphs, a live link anywhere helps us easily read the rest of the article, if we want. (I like to see the source first, as there are sites I do not want to visit ever). However, if it makes you happy, you can take the time to type the author's/source's information in the post as text without a live link, and that would probably be ok too.

I truly hope that isn't too hard to understand, as I am not sure I can simplify it anymore.

darin
02-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Okay - look - No more giving shit to the staff about anything. Keep this thread on-topic or it's done; with apologies to the OP.

logroller
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I definitely see where this author is coming from; why have a month dedicated to a cause which should be promoted year-round. Similarly Christmas, the "season of giving," should be a facet of our society which exists all year; but alas, politics and commerce benefit more from the bandwagon effect.

Psychoblues
02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I definitely see where this author is coming from; why have a month dedicated to a cause which should be promoted year-round. Similarly Christmas, the "season of giving," should be a facet of our society which exists all year; but alas, politics and commerce benefit more from the bandwagon effect.

Now that, my friend, is the most intelligent and honest answer I've seen yet on this very unfortunate subject.

Psychoblues

Trigg
02-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Any person of even subpar intelligence would recognize that "Proper Noun" in quotes is reflected back to the websitesite from which it came, and as I intended, politicalcesspoll.com. I would never under any circumstances call anyone Uncle Tom in the meaning as represented by that white trash at that website.

Psychoblues

You wouldn't call anyone an Uncle Tom in the MEANING as represented by that website.

That term only has one meaning, dipshit, and it isn't a compliment.

Back peddle all you want. You called the man an Uncle Tom, everyone here can read.

Psychoblues
02-08-2011, 04:02 PM
You wouldn't call anyone an Uncle Tom in the MEANING as represented by that website.

That term only has one meaning, dipshit, and it isn't a compliment.

Back peddle all you want. You called the man an Uncle Tom, everyone here can read.

That website calls him "Uncle Tom". NOT ME!!!! And if you can read so well you would already know that!!!

And the term does have a legitimate meaning for many Uncles actually named Thomas or Tom. I had one until he passed away in 1996.

Psychoblues

Abbey Marie
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
That website calls him "Uncle Tom". NOT ME!!!! And if you can read so well you would already know that!!!

And the term does have a legitimate meaning for many Uncles actually named Thomas or Tom. I had one until he passed away in 1996.

Psychoblues

Was it called the transitive property, where if a=b, and b=c, then a=c?
The article calls Mr. Marcus an "Uncle Tom".
PB says the article is "great"
A logical conclusion: PB not only agrees with using the term "Uncle Tom", but thinks it's "great".

Psychoblues
02-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Was it called the transitive property, where if a=b, and b=c, then a=c?
The article calls Mr. Marcus an "Uncle Tom".
PB says the article is "great"
A logical conclusion: PB not only agrees with using the term "Uncle Tom", but thinks it's "great".

You haven't kept up very well in the thread, have you, Abbey? And you're absolutely no good at sarcasm. I suggested any rightwingers go over and check that place out. Although I think it's horrible I have good reason to believe that many rightwingers and white trash would just love that place. Somehow your transitive properties are not working out.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
02-08-2011, 05:41 PM
You haven't kept up very well in the thread, have you, Abbey? And you're absolutely no good at sarcasm. I suggested any rightwingers go over and check that place out. Although I think it's horrible I have good reason to believe that many rightwingers and white trash would just love that place. Somehow your transitive properties are not working out.

Psychoblues

Dav, I love you but, that wasn't sarcasm it was logic.

Psychoblues
02-08-2011, 06:03 PM

Are you saying that Abbey fails in sarcasm and is also illogical.

Psychoblues

Abbey Marie
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM

Exactly. You saved me the trouble of saying it, Kath. :salute:

Abbey Marie
02-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Psychoblues

Don't you ever get tired of people proving you are wrong, over and over and over? The list of members here who have done so is rather lengthy.

Psychoblues
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Don't you ever get tired of people proving you are wrong, over and over and over? The list of members here who have done so is rather lengthy.

I have not called Mr. Marcus "Uncle Tom" and any accusation of such is plain ignorance on the part of the accuser. There has been no proof presented over and over again or otherwise. You can keep up your agenda driven accusations and illogical conclusions but that reflects much more on you than anything to do with me.

Psychoblues

darin
02-08-2011, 07:50 PM
^^ More passive-aggressive bullshit.

Psychoblues
02-09-2011, 12:28 AM
^^ More passive-aggressive bullshit.

Wow, you're kinda hung up on that passive-aggressive accusation aren't you, dmp? Is that a new phrase that you just learned or is another poster blowing in your ear with big boy words that you really don't understand? BTW, in re-reading the thread I realized someone thought that I thought that Abbey was using sarcasm but it was really logic, It was ME that was using sarcasm by calling the article at white trash talk radio's article calling Mr. Marcus a "Uncle Tom" a "great article". I guess that was my failure to make that clear. Do yall have any nuance, irony, parody, satire, double entendre', etc. tags to put around things that are constantly being mistaken for serious?

Psychoblues

darin
02-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Here's you: "Guy is an Uncl_ To_!"

here's us: "that's dumb, don't call him an uncle tom!"

Here's you: "I didn't! I called him simply an Uncl_ To_. You made-up the rest! You are LYING now! blah blah blah!"

(shrug)

That's passive-aggressive. You pretend - you posture...then cower and play the victim card.