PDA

View Full Version : UK Prime Minister David Cameron attacks 'Multiculturalism' in Britain

texastom
02-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Not sure in which forum this should be posted, but thought I would put it here since the crux of the discussion is about how to combat terrorism through abandoning multiculturalism...

Also, instead of linking directly to the article, I'm linking to a blog I read daily as I think some of you may like the site and the posters own analysis on the article.

For the record, I do not totally agree with every assertion made by Cameron, but I do believe many of his points are valid - especially regarding the need to abandon multiculturalism.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron attacks 'Multiculturalism' in Britain (http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi-bin/D.PL?s=ZpkszG&d=ww2010.weblog&i=e110206#e110206)

Britain has never been able to come to terms with the inherent public policy contradictions illuminated by those events, but now Prime Minister David Cameron is attempting to do so by a major speech on Saturday attacking "multiculturalism."

There are many policies in different countries for deal with immigrants, but in the West, there are two general philosophies, integration versus multiculturalism.

Integration has been followed by France, where public policy treats immigrants as Frenchmen first, who are expected to learn the French language and adopt the French culture, allowing cultural differences only when they don't differ too sharply from mainstream culture. Thus, France has banned the burka in some public places.

Multiculturalism has been followed by Britain, where immigrants must still follow the law, but it's acceptable for immigrant groups to speak their own languages with one another and follow their own unique cultural practices.