PDA

View Full Version : The National Anthem at the Super Bowl

krisy
02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I could have sworn that Christina A. messed it up! At first I thought it was my imagination because my kids were talking,but my facebook friends all said she did too.

Hopefully it was just nerves.

:salute:

texastom
02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
It seems every singer of the NA any more tries so hard to "make it their own version", that they ruin it. I would rather them just put the words up on the jumbotron and let the crowd sing it while a high school or university band plays the music.

BTW: She did butcher it. She mixed up words and skipped a few too. She also looked like a skank.

krisy
02-06-2011, 10:11 PM
It seems every singer of the NA any more tries so hard to "make it their own version", that they ruin it. I would rather them just put the words up on the jumbotron and let the crowd sing it while a high school or university band plays the music.

BTW: She did butcher it. She mixed up words and skipped a few too. She also looked like a skank.

No kidding! Just sing the song! All that ahhahahing drives me nuts!

I thought she did mess it up,I swore I heard the same lines twice.

texastom
02-06-2011, 10:20 PM
She butchered it HORRIBLY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxA3Aus8jY

Little-Acorn
02-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Typical immature-performare scenario. So many of them think the chance to perform the National Anthem is all about them.

And they wonder why so many people consider them worthless, conceited drips.

Gaffer
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
She seems to have a problem with word pronunciation. And "yeah" is not part of the lyrics.

Mr. P
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
She butchered it HORRIBLY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxA3Aus8jY

Now that's what ya call FUBAR !! Geezzzz

NightTrain
02-07-2011, 01:45 AM
She butchered it something fierce! Perfectly awful.

darin
02-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Top two anthems? Faith Hill and Whitney Houston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iNM9WNQLb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8PPkGNfKSg

Noir
02-07-2011, 08:28 AM
She did as she was always going to do. That's her stlye, and whoever bookered her knew that, so I'd stay the blame goes to those who did the booking tbh.

Abbey Marie
02-07-2011, 11:54 AM
I turned to my husband last night and said, I think only the military should have the privilege of singing the anthem at these publicized events. A military choir would do it right, and given the lyrics, it would have special meaning.

krisy
02-07-2011, 01:18 PM
She did as she was always going to do. That's her stlye, and whoever bookered her knew that, so I'd stay the blame goes to those who did the booking tbh.

Her singing style drives me nuts,but thats not why I started the thread. She sang the wrong words/lines. I doubt whomever booked her knew she would do that.:thumb:

Binky
02-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Well, did she carry a tune and make it sound good? if so, then it isn't as damn bad as that pig Rosanne Barr did years back when she sang it. That woman had the voice of a crackling, screechy set of wheels going down a bumpy road. Disgusting. The people that asked her to sing it needed to be lined up and shot. LOLOLOL!

Noir
02-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Her singing style drives me nuts,but thats not why I started the thread. She sang the wrong words/lines. I doubt whomever booked her knew she would do that.:thumb:

Looking it up, she did apologise, saying she got lost in the moment, I guess under all that well polished celebrity fakeness she's human afterall! I'm sure whoever booked her knew she was a human :3

NightTrain
02-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Well, did she carry a tune and make it sound good? if so, then it isn't as damn bad as that pig Rosanne Barr did years back when she sang it. That woman had the voice of a crackling, screechy set of wheels going down a bumpy road. Disgusting. The people that asked her to sing it needed to be lined up and shot. LOLOLOL!

No, she butchered it. I suspect the reason she screwed up the lyrics was because she was too intent on trying to showboat her vocal range which was not impressive either. She should have sung the song like it was supposed to be instead of trying to do something 'new' & crappy.

But I will agree, Rosanne's rendition was the worst event ever. She truly disgusts me.

Nukeman
02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Looking it up, she did apologise, saying she got lost in the moment, I guess under all that well polished celebrity fakeness she's human afterall! I'm sure whoever booked her knew she was a human :3

She is also a PROFESSIONAL. Would you want your doctor "being human" or do you expect a certain degree of professionalism.. If your going to expect it from one you should expect it from all... Just saying!!!

Kathianne
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
No, she butchered it. I suspect the reason she screwed up the lyrics was because she was too intent on trying to showboat her vocal range which was not impressive either. She should have sung the song like it was supposed to be instead of trying to do something 'new' & crappy.

But I will agree, Rosanne's rendition was the worst event ever. She truly disgusts me.

Roseanne purposely did what she did out of disrespect. I think that the one yesterday was seriously a screw up. She has apologized and that is enough for me. She made it clear she wasn't trying to screw up but did.

Noir
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
She is also a PROFESSIONAL. Would you want your doctor "being human" or do you expect a certain degree of professionalism.. If your going to expect it from one you should expect it from all... Just saying!!!

I expect professionalism from all, but I also expect humans to make human errors. It's called being reasonable.

Now obviously if a doctor keeps making mistakes, or if that singer messed up songs all the time, then there's a problem. But one-of mistakes are just that, one-of and hardly worth judgement. Unless you never make any mistakes, ever.

Indy
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM

That woman, I use the term lightly, was a pig.Spitting and grabbing her crotch I thought was pretty disrespectful. She thought she was being funny, like she was a ball player. I don't think I've ever seen a ball player doing that while singing the National Anthem.

Nukeman
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I expect professionalism from all, but I also expect humans to make human errors. It's called being reasonable.

Now obviously if a doctor keeps making mistakes, or if that singer messed up songs all the time, then there's a problem. But one-of mistakes are just that, one-of and hardly worth judgement. Unless you never make any mistakes, ever.

you have a point IF she was singing another contries anthem, however she was singing the anthem she grew up with and has heard hundreds of times.. Nerves should not have been an issue and stage frieght should not have been an issue, what is an issue is the fact that she screwed up a pretty easy song... It really isn't that hard to remember the lyrics and if so she could always ask for que cards... maybe the fault lies with the lip-sync machine being broken???? That could also explain the aweful halftime show!!!!!:thumb:

Noir
02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
you have a point IF she was singing another contries anthem, however she was singing the anthem she grew up with and has heard hundreds of times.. Nerves should not have been an issue and stage frieght should not have been an issue, what is an issue is the fact that she screwed up a pretty easy song... It really isn't that hard to remember the lyrics and if so she could always ask for que cards... maybe the fault lies with the lip-sync machine being broken???? That could also explain the aweful halftime show!!!!!:thumb:

Oh nose!
She made a mistake.
By mistake.
A mistaken mistake.
Lets crucify her for something that I'm sure she wishes didn't happen allot more than you. >,>

Little-Acorn
02-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, did she carry a tune

Yes.

and make it sound good?

No.

Third relevant question: Did she get the words right?

A: No.

Fourth relevant question: Did she carry the tune of the National Anthem?

A: No.

A "professional" signer, in front of the largest audience in the world, scores 1 for 4. The Super Bowl producers should ask for their money back... for starters.

I could have done better. I can carry a tune, and I know the words and can perform them under pressure. And I know the correct melody, ditto.

As for sounding good.... well, I can sound better than Roseanne. (but so can my dog.)

But I still score a LOT better than Ague.

sundaydriver
02-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Top two anthems? Faith Hill and Whitney Houston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iNM9WNQLb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8PPkGNfKSg

Just to let ya know...Whitney Houstons was studio recorded and she sang it onstage with her mic turned off. Not that is wasn't good, but prerecorded so she sounded great and her missed lyrics if any were left in the studio.

darin
02-09-2011, 06:47 AM
didn't know that....seems to be more-common than I thought thanks to google.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/WinterConcert/story?id=6788924&page=1

Geesh...Terrible.

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2011, 05:59 PM
thats cause she is a skank

Kathianne
02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
thats cause she is a skank

Tom, you might want to rethink the skank comment, as Martin, the known misogynist is agreeing with you.

Martin, I know you are trying to get things corrected, this isn't how to do it.

Noir
02-11-2011, 08:44 AM
How did she look like a skank exactly? I mean, she's not my type of women, but she was wearing a pretty plain, smart black dress and jacket, with sparkily shoes. Take away the shoes and she was dressed for a funeral, or court. Hardly skanky =/

Pixforproof
http://www.pinksquidclothing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Christina-Aquilera-Super-Bowl.jpg

Abbey Marie
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh, he was probably referring to something more like this:

http://www.xarj.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/christina-aguilera.jpg

Noir
02-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Well he said "BTW: She did butcher it. She mixed up words and skipped a few too. She also looked like a skank."

She didnt look in any way skanky to me.

Abbey Marie
02-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Well he said "BTW: She did butcher it. She mixed up words and skipped a few too. She also looked like a skank."

She didnt look in any way skanky to me.

I agree; she looked very un-skanky at the Super Bowl. She just has that reputation etched in our brains, I think.

darin
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM

NICE..... :D

(unless she was my daughter)

:D

DragonStryk72
02-12-2011, 01:20 AM
I could have sworn that Christina A. messed it up! At first I thought it was my imagination because my kids were talking,but my facebook friends all said she did too.

Hopefully it was just nerves.

:salute:

Yeah, when you watch the video of it, she covers the error. She's also done the anthem elsewhere without a hitch. It seems to have been just a brainfart, and come one, hasn't everyone messed up a word now and then.

Okay, sorry NT, you're not the only one doing this, but I think you guys are reading too much into it. You're telling me, you've NEVER, not once in your life, known anyone to screw up at anything they were good at, even if it's something close to them, because they were just trying too hard?

Singers aren't doctors, and btw, Docs screw up too. Every so often they say the word, even in Latin, which they're trained for years to use. It happens. The only reason we know about this one, is because it was at the Super Bowl. People screw up, even important people.

Here's her doing it right: <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jusP47mMThI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's so sad that we've gotten to a point where we cannot just accept the humanity of others, that somehow, because they are of a certain station, they are no longer permitted to have normal human moments and failings. Michael Jordan has missed lay-ups in his career, it happens, even though that about the easiest way to make a basket. Again, it happens, even in important moments