PDA

View Full Version : normally I cant stand her but I think she is right on this one

actsnoblemartin
02-08-2011, 02:14 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41434173#41434173

darin
02-08-2011, 04:46 AM
what is it?

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2011, 03:36 AM
its about how some in america are telling anti gay, that gays can change b.s.

I have no problem with those who think gay is wrong, but some are telling very hateful people that gays are a problem or other bad things

darin
02-10-2011, 05:53 AM
homosexuality is a behaviour, and thus, can be changed like any-other behaviour. That's not hate.

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2011, 07:35 AM
but your talking about sexuality.

how do you change hard wiring?

darin
02-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Thing is, you are assuming sexuality is forced upon folks.

What if I told you I am hard-wired to love money, thus I should be allowed to rob banks?

I'm hard-wired to love sweets - in fact, I'd argue MOST humans are.

Behavior vs Preference.

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2011, 05:56 PM
good points I admit.

Sexual preferences.

but how do you change what the prefences are?

could you really change liking chocolate for brocoli and is it the same thing?

Psychoblues
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM

What if I told you I am hard-wired to love money, thus I should be allowed to rob banks?

Behavior vs Preference.

I think quite the opposite, dmp. It is you that is assuming sexuality is being forced upon folks as in homosexuals destroying our country by converting people like you and others with questions about your own sexuality.

I think homo's are born that way. They are found all over nature and certainly I have never heard of one that was suddenly converted. You is or you ain't as the adage goes.

Psychoblues

Little-Acorn
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
homosexuality is a behaviour, and thus, can be changed like any-other behaviour. That's not hate.

No, it's a feeling. It's the feeling of attraction toward a member of the same sex.

You can be homosexual while doing nothing at all. It's not a behavior.

Where it comes from, or what causes it, is debatable.

Psychoblues
02-10-2011, 11:08 PM
No, it's a feeling. It's the feeling of attraction toward a member of the same sex.

Thank you, la. What you say is the very best way to describe, as I understand it to be, homosexuality. But, you knew I'd have a "but", I had a good friend when I was about 9 or 10 years old. She would do anything us boys liked to do and many times do it better. Even at that young age little girls would sometimes show interest other than casual in little boys. Other than her habit of passing out Valentines only to girls we never thought much about. She was just a good ol' girl in our estimations. Many years later I ran into her again. She was clearly an old time embittered dyke. She felt as if life had dealt her a bad hand and she couldn't change it. She even cried on my shoulder a bit.

I asked her about our younger years and her propensities to play mostly with the boys or rough house girls and give valentines only to girls. She said that she knew for as far back as she could remember, before even entering 1st grade that she had an unusual attraction to certain females. And that she felt zero sexual attraction to any boy or man. I liked her then and I still like her. We stay in contact every year or so and I wish her the very best but I don't have a clue how to cure her homosexuality. I do know she has tried everything known to mankind trying to find that miracle.

Psychoblues

darin
02-11-2011, 03:57 AM

You're speculating. Homosexuality is as homosexuality does - just as bank robbers are as bank robbers do.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you, la. What you say is the very best way to describe, as I understand it to be, homosexuality. But, you knew I'd have a "but", I had a good friend when I was about 9 or 10 years old. She would do anything us boys liked to do and many times do it better. Even at that young age little girls would sometimes show interest other than casual in little boys. Other than her habit of passing out Valentines only to girls we never thought much about. She was just a good ol' girl in our estimations. Many years later I ran into her again. She was clearly an old time embittered dyke. She felt as if life had dealt her a bad hand and she couldn't change it. She even cried on my shoulder a bit.

I asked her about our younger years and her propensities to play mostly with the boys or rough house girls and give valentines only to girls. She said that she knew for as far back as she could remember, before even entering 1st grade that she had an unusual attraction to certain females. And that she felt zero sexual attraction to any boy or man. I liked her then and I still like her. We stay in contact every year or so and I wish her the very best but I don't have a clue how to cure her homosexuality. I do know she has tried everything known to mankind trying to find that miracle.

Psychoblues

She felt sexual attraction before first grade?! Then I suspect there was sexual abuse in her household. Which is often the case for people who get confused later on.

Noir
02-17-2011, 02:16 PM

So, you're saying that I, as a heterosexual man with no attraction to other men, can change and become gay by way of a behavioural change?

trobinett
02-17-2011, 02:16 PM
What I wonder, when this subject comes up, is why do so many gay's not like their life style?

Is it because of all the negativity that comes their way, or is it a self perception problem, or BOTH?

I don't have any answers, but as an observer, gays sure don't seem like a bunch of happy campers.:smoke:

fj1200
02-17-2011, 02:48 PM
What I wonder, when this subject comes up, is why do so many gay's not like their life style?

Is it because of all the negativity that comes their way, or is it a self perception problem, or BOTH?

I don't have any answers, but as an observer, gays sure don't seem like a bunch of happy campers.:smoke:

IF that's correct then why would they choose to engage in a behavior that brings about pain and suffering?

LuvRPgrl
04-05-2011, 10:43 PM
IF that's correct then why would they choose to engage in a behavior that brings about pain and suffering?

Because they buy into the lie that they are born that way and can't do anything about it.

OldMercsRule
04-05-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41434173#41434173

Yup Martin, yer right about this, n' Maddow is right, should not be politics at a burial. Grrrrrrrrrr

I kinda like her, (Maddow), butt: I'm kinda a lesbo, (in a man's body). :happy0203:

I think she's kinda hot, (n' I luv mean or say: assertive women....), I'd kinda like ta hang out with her and her GF, (ya think she is the "man",[butch]) part of the couple? Never seen her GF. :boobies:

I'd prolly peeeeeeeeeee her off sooooooo much she would tie me up n' torture me..... Yip YIP YAHOOOOOOO!!!! :bow2:

Guess that was a little toooooooo much information, eh? :happy0203:

MY = BAD.

Respectfully, JR

KarlMarx
04-06-2011, 05:39 AM
It's not just the behavior part, it's the politics. Gays in this country are extremely powerful politically. They raise millions for their causes, presidential candidates look for their support. Gays have foisted their viewpoint in our faces (if you don't believe it, just listen to the reporter, it's not like she's being very objective). It's one thing to say what they do in the bedroom is their business, but gays have a habit of making it everyone's business. It's annoying, it's unfair. And please, please, please, don't tell me they're an oppressed minority... that's a crock of $hit and you know it. Oppressed minority don't have caucuses during election cycles, they don't get the other side to contribute millions to their causes, they don't have the ear of the President....

I think the day will come when gays will demand that 10% of the workforce should be gay. That will mean that hiring will be done, in addition to race and gender, according to sexual orientation. I wonder how much straight supporters of gay rights will feel when the day comes that they are told they have to give up their jobs to a gay coworker?

Missileman
04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I think the day will come when gays will demand that 10% of the workforce should be gay. That will mean that hiring will be done, in addition to race and gender, according to sexual orientation. I wonder how much straight supporters of gay rights will feel when the day comes that they are told they have to give up their jobs to a gay coworker?

Well, since I've never been forced to give my job to a woman or a minority, I'm not even remotely worried about having to for a gay. Do you have any data that suggests gays are more highly unemployed than other groups?

LuvRPgrl
04-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Well, since I've never been forced to give my job to a woman or a minority, I'm not even remotely worried about having to for a gay. Do you have any data that suggests gays are more highly unemployed than other groups?

Even though I had a or so avg. in high school, in classes like Algebra II, Calculus, etc, etc. and I literally had no parents to help me, I was denied financial aid, because the lady said:
You're not a minority, woman, disabled, gay, old, an ex con, or any other special rights groups you can think of.

Now, on the other hand, my GF at the time had some ancesteral American Indian blood in her and got a full free ride to Stanford.

OldMercsRule
04-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Even though I had a or so avg. in high school, in classes like Algebra II, Calculus, etc, etc. and I literally had no parents to help me, I was denied financial aid, because the lady said:
You're not a minority, woman, disabled, gay, old, an ex con, or any other special rights groups you can think of.

What happened to yer Parents?

Now, on the other hand, my GF at the time had some ancesteral American Indian blood in her and got a full free ride to Stanford.

I paid me own way @ Washington with me summer job. Lived at home the first two years, (parents place is still about 5 miles North of Campus).

fj1200
04-07-2011, 07:08 AM
I paid me own way @ Washington with me summer job.

Was your summer job as a pirate? Aargh me matey...

DragonStryk72
04-07-2011, 12:18 PM

Behavior vs Preference.

As always, I've notice, an improper analogy. Proper analogy would have been to say you're hard-wired to love money, thus you should go to the ATM and withdraw some?

To put it as bank robbery in the analogy you used is an assumption of something morally, ethically, and legally wrong that impinges on the rights of others. Gays are not trying to "convert" anyone. Some are definitely putting on a show, I'd say, because somehow my dad manages to be gay without any sort of change of voice, and still loves watching shows such as Cheers, MASH, and The Sopranos. Meanwhile, I have a buddy in my D&D group who, in the three times I've been around him, has made mention of the fact that he's gay about five times per meeting. To me, that's like me walking up to gay people repeating the fact I'm straight, it's silly, and unnecessary. We get it, you love the man-tackle.

Homosexuality only refers to which gender your are attracted to. It has nothing else to do with behavior. For the main part, the "gay culture" is actually a behavior, but not the actual act of homosexuality itself.

DragonStryk72
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM

What shitty Financial Aid person did you get? Christ, I'm a single white male, and I managed to score financial aid, even without my GI Bill money.

Kathianne
04-07-2011, 03:21 PM
What shitty Financial Aid person did you get? Christ, I'm a single white male, and I managed to score financial aid, even without my GI Bill money.

Indeed. My brother and my ex-husband both got Financial Aid in late 70's. My sons got it in 2000's. All of them had support, though my sons could show financial hardship, both my brother and ex just explained their parents wanted them to pay for some of costs on their own, besides savings. They all got it.

OldMercsRule
04-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Was your summer job as a pirate? Aargh me matey...

Close... I was a "deck hand"/ "quarter master" on the Washington State Ferries...great summer job lots of purdy girls ta watch!!!!

Didn't see any pirates on Puget Sound...are you a butt pirate Girlfriend? :happy0203:

(No silly me.... I fergot..... yer jus' a young girl....) :happy0203:

Didn't have any guns on the vessel had we run into pirates, anyhooooo.