PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots campaign moves slow drivers over to the right

-Cp
05-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Uh.. DMP? Are you behind this movement? :)

Enough with slow drivers in the left lane! “As traffic gets increasingly congested, it’s time for citizens to reclaim the left lane,” says J.A. Tosti, spokesman for Left Lane Drivers of America, a grassroots effort to get slower traffic to move right. “More and more these days, you find slow drivers in the left lane, causing no end of headache and frustration to those of us who have places to go and people to see. Some of these offenders are timid and tentative, some are completely oblivious to what’s going on around them, and some are self-appointed ‘hall monitors’ regulating what they alone have determined to be proper driving speeds. Whatever be the case, it’s time for us to trumpet the message, ‘If you’re not a Left Lane Driver, get out of the left lane!’”

In order to actually help slower drivers move right, Left Lane Drivers of America offers copyrighted windshield decals which boldly and prominently display their unified sentiment in the offending driver’s rearview mirror. The decal, which reads “MOVE OVER” also has a large arrow showing them where to go. The words and arrow display backwards on the windshield so that they read properly when seen in the mirror (click here to see picture). According to Tosti, “Although the message minces no words, the idea here is not to be rude or pushy but to offer slow drivers a gentle prod, reminding them of the need to either pick up the pace or make room for those who choose to drive a bit faster.”

In fact, slow drivers do need to move over. In many states, the left lane is supposed to be the passing lane and slower drivers can be cited for obstructing traffic. Those who stake out permanent positions for themselves in the left lane tend to provoke those wanting to drive faster, often giving them no other choice but the dangerous strategy of passing on the right in order to get ahead. Slow drivers can easily become slow moving safety hazards.

Bottom Line: Moving over is a matter of courtesy. It is a matter of safety. It is a matter of doing one's part to help traffic flow smoothly. And it is the law in many states: “Stay to the right except to pass”. Left Lane Drivers of America is doing something positive to help improve traffic flow on today’s overcrowded, pressure-packed freeways. Their “Move Over” message has the potential of helping reduce instances of road rage, hazardous driving and untimely, often deadly accidents.

http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/default.html

Hobbit
05-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I'll admit that I'm a left-lane driver, but when somebody comes up on my tail, I'll slow down for a couple of minutes, because staying in the left lane and going the speed I want isn't worth the traffic hazard.

On the other hand, I've seen jerks driving side by side down 985 (typical speed of prevailing traffice being between 70 and 80 mph) going 50.

Hagbard Celine
05-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I always thought the designation "fast lane" and those signs that say "slower traffic keep right" were enough. :dunno:

-Cp
05-07-2007, 12:34 PM
As the site points out - in many states - it is ILLEGLE to drive in the left land except to pass. It's like that in our state; however, idioits still do it because the law enforcement and the state make more money from writing speeding tickets than it does left-lane violator tickets...

Pale Rider
05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I hope this "movement" catches on, but I bet it won't.

In the meantime, I think I'll order me one of those stickers... :D

Hagbard Celine
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I hope this "movement" catches on, but I bet it won't.

In the meantime, I think I'll order me one of those stickers... :D

Way to do your part monkey boy. :finger3:

Pale Rider
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Way to do your part monkey boy. :finger3:

:lame2: Your wit is piss warm dolt.

Sitarro
05-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I think they need to rework the design of the windshield signs, they definitely need to print one in Spanish(¡consiga su asno del faggot encima!) and another in Ebonics(Yo Bitch Getcha Ho Ass Ova!).

Monkeybone
05-07-2007, 02:22 PM
the people i see around me doing that is mostly the 'old' ppl that still don't realize that they up'd the speed limit by 10 miles...making me turn off my cruise control

but on the point, these ppl i think for the most part oblivious or think that they are going fast.

glockmail
05-08-2007, 07:47 AM
I'll admit that I'm a left-lane driver, but when somebody comes up on my tail, I'll slow down for a couple of minutes, because staying in the left lane and going the speed I want isn't worth the traffic hazard.

.... .

You should be fined. You are hogging the road at the expense of others.

Doniston
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
I always thought the designation "fast lane" and those signs that say "slower traffic keep right" were enough. :dunno:

Should be, but apparently not. I learned that very early in my 70 years of driving.

Yurt
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Please email this to everyone you know who lives between Salem, OR and Portland, OR. :laugh2:

shattered
05-08-2007, 08:07 PM
I like my license plate. "Move1t".. Now, if I could just get an exclamation mark on there... Here, "standard protocol" is right lane 65 and under.. middle lane 70-ish.. left lane 75, or move the hell over so people can pass you.

(Speed limit is 65)

Mr. P
05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Don't ya just love vigilantes? Pffffftt IDIOTS!

shattered
05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Don't ya just love vigilantes? Pffffftt IDIOTS!

:poke: Tho whom do we refer?

Mr. P
05-08-2007, 08:22 PM
:poke: Tho whom do we refer?

The thread.

shattered
05-08-2007, 08:25 PM
The thread.

Yer one of them traffic-holder-uppers, aintcha?:cool:

Yurt
05-08-2007, 08:33 PM
The sign may say "max" speed = X, but there is also the more important sign that is rooted in reality, that says, "slower" "traffic" "keep" "right."

:laugh2:

Mr. P
05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Yer one of them traffic-holder-uppers, aintcha?:cool:

Not unless there's ass riding on my bumper and I'm already over the limit by 10. :poke:

shattered
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Not unless there's ass riding on my bumper and I'm already over the limit by 10. :poke:

Then why not just move over? It's no sweat off your nose if the person trying to get around you gets a speeding ticket, right? Why the insistence on staying in that lane?

Mr. P
05-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Then why not just move over? It's no sweat off your nose if the person trying to get around you gets a speeding ticket, right? Why the insistence on staying in that lane?

Ever drivin in Atlanta traffic? If you have you know the answer.

shattered
05-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Ever drivin in Atlanta traffic? If you have you know the answer.

No. Thus the reason for my question.

Ever drive in Wisconsin traffic?

Mr. P
05-08-2007, 09:33 PM
No. Thus the reason for my question.

Ever drive in Wisconsin traffic?

Yes, I've driven most of the Country, why?

glockmail
05-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Then why not just move over? It's no sweat off your nose if the person trying to get around you gets a speeding ticket, right? Why the insistence on staying in that lane? The asshole on my ass can move over and pass me on the right if he's going to behave like that.

shattered
05-09-2007, 08:43 AM
The asshole on my ass can move over and pass me on the right if he's going to behave like that.

Duh? The left lane is for passing. The right and center lanes are for slower moving traffic. If you can't keep up with the big dogs, go play with the puppies. You aren't God, it's not your place to dictate the speed of traffic. You do that here, you're just as likely to get ticketed for blocking traffic as you are for speeding.

glockmail
05-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Duh? The left lane is for passing. The right and center lanes are for slower moving traffic. If you can't keep up with the big dogs, go play with the puppies. You aren't God, it's not your place to dictate the speed of traffic. You do that here, you're just as likely to get ticketed for blocking traffic as you are for speeding. I have no poblem keeping up with the big dogs, little girl. If this was a race course you would be eating my dust. But it ain't- its a public highway with rules that you are breaking, not me. When my cruise is set at 4 over and I'm actively passing someone, and you come up behind me in your monster truck and think you can intimidate me by sniffing my ass, you're going to find that your rudeness will not be rewarded. Nor will you effect my rate of forward motion.

shattered
05-09-2007, 09:17 AM
I have no poblem keeping up with the big dogs, little girl. If this was a race course you would be eating my dust. But it ain't- its a public highway with rules that you are breaking, not me. When my cruise is set at 4 over and I'm actively passing someone, and you come up behind me in your monster truck and think you can intimidate me by sniffing my ass, you're going to find that your rudeness will not be rewarded. Nor will you effect my rate of forward motion.

Monster truck? Pfft. Gas guzzler.

4 MPH over? You belong in the center lane, and I guarantee you wouldn't be passing anyone on 4 wheels. That would entitle you to a ticket, tho, as previously stated.

If this were a race "course"? (You mean track?) In either case, you'd be in for a surprise if you think I'd be eating anything other than my lunch at the finish line while waiting for you. :)

darin
05-09-2007, 09:21 AM
and you come up behind me in your monster truck and think you can intimidate me by sniffing my ass, you're going to find that your rudeness will not be rewarded. Nor will you effect my rate of forward motion.

Then you're being an asshole to people who should be passing you, AND you're in the wrong lane.

MOVE TO THE RIGHT unless you are ACTIVELY, CURRENTLY Passing another vehicle. That is to say, If the Vehicle you are GOING to pass is more than about 1/16th of a mile ahead of you, MOVE your arse OVER.

:)

Edit - And what do you know about a race course? :) Got Credentials?? :)

5stringJeff
05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I have no poblem keeping up with the big dogs, little girl. If this was a race course you would be eating my dust. But it ain't- its a public highway with rules that you are breaking, not me. When my cruise is set at 4 over and I'm actively passing someone, and you come up behind me in your monster truck and think you can intimidate me by sniffing my ass, you're going to find that your rudeness will not be rewarded. Nor will you effect my rate of forward motion.

So it's OK to break the rules by not staying right except to pass, and it's OK to break the rules by going 4 MPH over, but it's not OK to break the rules by going 10 MPH over?

glockmail
05-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Then you're being an asshole to people who should be passing you, AND you're in the wrong lane.

MOVE TO THE RIGHT unless you are ACTIVELY, CURRENTLY Passing another vehicle. That is to say, If the Vehicle you are GOING to pass is more than about 1/16th of a mile ahead of you, MOVE your arse OVER.

:)

Edit - And what do you know about a race course? :) Got Credentials?? :)

Evidently you didn't read my post as in the example I was actively passing. Then, when someone's being a rude bitch, they can sniff my butt all day long and I won't move over.

And yes I have some race course experience, four day's training at Watkins Glen Race Course many years ago.

http://www.theglen.com/track_info/history/

Notice that the word "track" isn't even used to describe this facility.

glockmail
05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
So it's OK to break the rules by not staying right except to pass, and it's OK to break the rules by going 4 MPH over, but it's not OK to break the rules by going 10 MPH over?

4 over is routinely tolerated here. Its not your business to regulate my speed or mine to regulate anyone elses. But if someone's in my trunk being an asshole that's beyond merely breaking the law- it's dangerous and they can boil their brain all day back there while I poke along at my leisure.

5stringJeff
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
4 over is routinely tolerated here. Its not your business to regulate my speed or mine to regulate anyone elses. But if someone's in my trunk being an asshole that's beyond merely breaking the law- it's dangerous and they can boil their brain all day back there while I poke along at my leisure.

So you are making the subjective call that speeding at 4MPH over is not dangerous, but tailgating is dangerous? Sounds like you are regulating people's speed, based on their following distance.

typomaniac
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Darn it, I'm SO disappointed!

When I read the headline of this thread, I thought it was about a grassroots campaign to get mentally slower drivers to vote Republican!
:coffee:

glockmail
05-09-2007, 04:38 PM
So you are making the subjective call that speeding at 4MPH over is not dangerous, but tailgating is dangerous? Sounds like you are regulating people's speed, based on their following distance. Yes I am. 69 mph in an SUV on a road designed for tractor trailers doing 70 all weather is indeed safe. Driving 1/2 second behind someone when you should be 2 or 3 seconds behind is definitely not. Ms. Tailgate could easily cause an accident if I have to swerve to avoid an object or slow down. By not rewarding bas behavior, I may have an impact on safety, maybe not. But rewarding bad behavior could have a negative effect on safety.

Again, I'm not regulating anyone's speed, as Ms. Tailgate can speed up and pass me on the right, do the same speed but at a reasonable distance, or slow down. The choice is entirely theirs.

glockmail
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Darn it, I'm SO disappointed!

When I read the headline of this thread, I thought it was about a grassroots campaign to get mentally slower drivers to vote Republican!
:coffee: No one can keep those people from voting Democrat. :laugh2:

shattered
05-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Yes I am. 69 mph in an SUV on a road designed for tractor trailers doing 70 all weather is indeed safe. Driving 1/2 second behind someone when you should be 2 or 3 seconds behind is definitely not. Ms. Tailgate could easily cause an accident if I have to swerve to avoid an object or slow down. By not rewarding bas behavior, I may have an impact on safety, maybe not. But rewarding bad behavior could have a negative effect on safety.

Again, I'm not regulating anyone's speed, as Ms. Tailgate can speed up and pass me on the right, do the same speed but at a reasonable distance, or slow down. The choice is entirely theirs.

That makes you an asshole, and increases your chances of putting your cute little SUV in a ditch when someone gets pissed off enough at you.. (I've seen it happen)..

For the record, I WILL pass you on the right, and then I WILL move right back in front of you, and I WILL tap on my brakes when you're 6" from my bumper just to wake your ass up...

No1tovote4
05-10-2007, 09:30 AM
That makes you an asshole, and increases your chances of putting your cute little SUV in a ditch when someone gets pissed off enough at you.. (I've seen it happen)..

For the record, I WILL pass you on the right, and then I WILL move right back in front of you, and I WILL tap on my brakes when you're 6" from my bumper just to wake your ass up...

There is no reason to put your life in danger to teach a lesson to another who is very unlikely to learn the lesson.

darin
05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Evidently you didn't read my post as in the example I was actively passing. Then, when someone's being a rude bitch, they can sniff my butt all day long and I won't move over.

So - lemme get this straight - you become the morality police and decide when ANOTHER person - whose life you know nothing about - is being rude, or driving aggressively? Dude, if somebody comes up behind you, move your arse over. Be courteous.

And yes I have some race course experience, four day's training at Watkins Glen Race Course many years ago.

http://www.theglen.com/track_info/history/

Notice that the word "track" isn't even used to describe this facility.

TTIWWOP. What did you drive? What did you learn out there? I'm fairly familiar with TheGlen, although I have yet to drive it.

shattered
05-10-2007, 09:36 AM
There is no reason to put your life in danger to teach a lesson to another who is very unlikely to learn the lesson.

I'm not putting my life in danger.. Unlike those around me, I'm awake when I'm behind the wheel.. I'm more of a defensive driver than an offensive driver.. The tap to my brakes is just enough to give him a flash of red to wake him up, and then I'm on my merry little way. I'm not stupid enough to actually slam on my brakes, and assume he's got the mental function to actually stop/swerve that giant hunk of shit he's driving in time to save his own ass, if he can't get it above 69mph to begin with. :)

No1tovote4
05-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm not putting my life in danger.. Unlike those around me, I'm awake when I'm behind the wheel.. I'm more of a defensive drive than an offensive driver.. The tap to my brakes is just enough to give him a flash of red to wake him up, and then I'm on my merry little way. I'm not stupid enough to actually slam on my brakes, and assume he's got the mental function to actually stop/swerve that giant hunk of shit he's driving in time to save his own ass, if he can't get it above 69mph to begin with. :)

I wouldn't want a friend to die for such a cause. I just go around such drivers. It would be like getting in front of a slow walker and going even more slowly temporarily to "teach" them something. They aren't going to learn, they'll just have a story about what a jerk you were.

Some will take it as an insult, and begin to agress towards you. It isn't worth the trouble.

darin
05-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not putting my life in danger.. Unlike those around me, I'm awake when I'm behind the wheel.. I'm more of a defensive driver than an offensive driver.. The tap to my brakes is just enough to give him a flash of red to wake him up, and then I'm on my merry little way. I'm not stupid enough to actually slam on my brakes, and assume he's got the mental function to actually stop/swerve that giant hunk of shit he's driving in time to save his own ass, if he can't get it above 69mph to begin with. :)

We should teach kids to drive neither offensively or defensively - but strategically. We should teach kids (and I'll teach mine) to be aware of the cars around them; make mental notes of who is behind and beside them and such. I'll teach my kids 'Speed doesnt kill....Poor decision-making kills.' One example of poor decision-making is 'camping' in the left lane regardless of excuses.

shattered
05-10-2007, 09:48 AM
We should teach kids to drive neither offensively or defensively - but strategically. We should teach kids (and I'll teach mine) to be aware of the cars around them; make mental notes of who is behind and beside them and such. I'll teach my kids 'Speed doesnt kill....Poor decision-making kills.' One example of poor decision-making is 'camping' in the left lane regardless of excuses.

We agree, then, because that's exactly what I consider "defensive driving". You ARE aware of others on the road at all times, no matter where they are in relation to you.

I can be driving 75 in the left lane (speed limit is 65; we get away with 74), and if someone rides my ass doing 90, obviously he's got somewhere to be, and I'll move over.

I might snicker 3 miles up the road while he's pulled over in front of a cop, and is now behind schedule, but that wasn't my problem 3 miles ago, and it's not now. :D

Doniston
05-10-2007, 09:57 AM
So you are making the subjective call that speeding at 4MPH over is not dangerous, but tailgating is dangerous? Sounds like you are regulating people's speed, based on their following distance. I think he said it was ACCEPTED Not necessarily un-dangerious. but I agree that Tailgating "IS" dangerous, and it boils my onions

shattered
05-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I think he said it was ACCEPTED Not necessarily un-dangerious. but I agree that Tailgating "IS" dangerous, and it boils my onions

Then move the hell over, or stay off the road. Simple as that.

Don't even get me started on making road tests mandatory every year for anyone over the age of 60. :D

Doniston
05-10-2007, 10:02 AM

OH!. so you're the one who invented "Road Rage" I wondered who it was.

shattered
05-10-2007, 10:08 AM
OH!. so you're the one who invented "Road Rage" I wondered who it was.

Trust me, that's not even remotely close to road rage. I don't get angry behind the wheel. That makes for the possibility of too many mistakes.

darin
05-10-2007, 10:12 AM
We agree, then, because that's exactly what I consider "defensive driving". You ARE aware of others on the road at all times, no matter where they are in relation to you.

I can be driving 75 in the left lane (speed limit is 65; we get away with 74), and if someone rides my ass doing 90, obviously he's got somewhere to be, and I'll move over.

I might snicker 3 miles up the road while he's pulled over in front of a cop, and is now behind schedule, but that wasn't my problem 3 miles ago, and it's not now. :D

Indeed - Also, sometimes it's better to speed up, than slow down. I actively watch for left-lane campers and plan my lane-changes ahead of time, if needed, to keep from being behind those VERY unsafe, un-aware drivers.

Doniston
05-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Then move the hell over, or stay off the road. Simple as that.

Don't even get me started on making road tests mandatory every year for anyone over the age of 60. :D I happen to advocate driving on the right as I have already expressed previously in this thread. (If you had paid attention.) Now as for your last point. For your information, I started driving when I was *, and have 70 years of experience behind me, have been involved in only three accidents Twice I was hit while standing still,(one of those times I was backed into by a Chicago Policemsan) and the thirdwas caused by the other driver and unavoidable. that was when I was still young and follish (28 years old.) That makes me free of incidents for almost fifty years. Now your point was??????

Mr. P
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Speeders and tailgater's are just stupid. It can't be justified no matter how hard you try.
Except of course if you have a blue or red light and siren.

Maybe speeding is not what you guys are talking about though..donno.

shattered
05-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I happen to advocate driving on the right as I have already expressed previously in this thread. (If you had paid attention.) Now as for your last point. For your information, I started driving when I was *, and have 70 years of experience behind me, have been involved in only three accidents Twice I was hit while standing still,(one of those times I was backed into by a Chicago Policemsan) and the thirdwas caused by the other driver and unavoidable. that was when I was still young and follish (28 years old.) That makes me free of incidents for almost fifty years. Now your point was??????

My point WAS, at your age it's probably more a matter of people looking out for YOU, rather than you looking out for people. As you age, your reflexes become much slower, and you're incapable of reacting as you once did. People on the freeway doing 40mph, even in the RIGHT lane are a danger to those around them.

If you think you still maintain the quickness and alertness you once did, then you'll have no problem passing a yearly road test, will you? :)

Incidently, when you make a point worth responding to (as above) is when I'll "pay attention" to your posts.

Sitarro
05-10-2007, 12:17 PM
So....I'm in the left lane and actively passing others in the lane next to me and yet I am being slowed by other traffic ahead of me that is still going at speeds well above the limit and some NASCAR wanna be comes hauling ass behind me and starts drafting my rear end, what exactly am I suppose to do then? Neither of us have anywhere to go but the dickhead behind me is still going to play "sniff my asshole"...... I am going to take my foot off my accelerator and back off to a speed that I think this dumbass behind me can safely drive on my rear bumper which is maybe 5 miles an hour.....I've done it and you guys can call me a road hazard all you want but the facts are that you can't buy driving skill and someone that is going to get up my ass when I or her have nowhere to progress to, is going to get a jolt of reality. They might be the greatest technical driver on earth but they don't possess the common sense of a squirrel and they will not endanger my life trying to play NASCAR games on public highways.

As for real race car drivers, they don't like driving fast on the street. They are smart enough to realize that they aren't in the controlled environment of a race course surrounded by skilled drivers and cars that are technically designed for high speed. They realize that it is just ignorant to pretend that one can drive 30 or more miles an hour over the speed of traffic and have the ability to predict what Joe Smo is going to do next. I have seen people drop cigarettes and swerve out of control across 4 lanes of traffic in a split second......no "smart" driving skill is going to help you there.

Defensive driving is the smart way to go, expecting the unexpected is the only way to get through life on public highways. Having too much confidence in your own driving skill just aint gonna help you out there and when you drive that way, you become the biggest hazard. Leave 5 minutes earlier and relax, pay attention to your surroundings and stay off of the phone!

darin
05-10-2007, 12:26 PM
When a person thinks they can 'fix a situation' with an aggressive driver, it makes that person a Road Hazzard.

Defensive Driving is too late. You need to preclude any 'defensive' driving habits by anticipating and following a plan.

Mr. P
05-10-2007, 12:35 PM
So....I'm in the left lane and actively passing others in the lane next to me and yet I am being slowed by other traffic ahead of me that is still going at speeds well above the limit and some NASCAR wanna be comes hauling ass behind me and starts drafting my rear end, what exactly am I suppose to do then? Neither of us have anywhere to go but the dickhead behind me is still going to play "sniff my asshole"...... I am going to take my foot off my accelerator and back off to a speed that I think this dumbass behind me can safely drive on my rear bumper which is maybe 5 miles an hour.....I've done it and you guys can call me a road hazard all you want but the facts are that you can't buy driving skill and someone that is going to get up my ass when I or her have nowhere to progress to, is going to get a jolt of reality. They might be the greatest technical driver on earth but they don't possess the common sense of a squirrel and they will not endanger my life trying to play NASCAR games on public highways.

As for real race car drivers, they don't like driving fast on the street. They are smart enough to realize that they aren't in the controlled environment of a race course surrounded by skilled drivers and cars that are technically designed for high speed. They realize that it is just ignorant to pretend that one can drive 30 or more miles an hour over the speed of traffic and have the ability to predict what Joe Smo is going to do next. I have seen people drop cigarettes and swerve out of control across 4 lanes of traffic in a split second......no "smart" driving skill is going to help you there.

Defensive driving is the smart way to go, expecting the unexpected is the only way to get through life on public highways. Having too much confidence in your own driving skill just aint gonna help you out there and when you drive that way, you become the biggest hazard. Leave 5 minutes earlier and relax, pay attention to your surroundings and stay off of the phone!

Atlanta traffic and Houston traffic are pretty much the same. I agree with you, the MORONS that ride yer ass cuz they wanna go 90 are the hazard. Not the folks that may be in their way as some here suggest. And anyone that passes someone then taps the brake should lose their license. That's just a dumb ass stunt, IMO.

Doniston
05-10-2007, 01:13 PM
My point WAS, at your age it's probably more a matter of people looking out for YOU, rather than you looking out for people. As you age, your reflexes become much slower, and you're incapable of reacting as you once did. People on the freeway doing 40mph, even in the RIGHT lane are a danger to those around them.

If you think you still maintain the quickness and alertness you once did, then you'll have no problem passing a yearly road test, will you? :)

Incidently, when you make a point worth responding to (as above) is when I'll "pay attention" to your posts. You may have a point, but it is invalid under the circumstances. I would have no objection to yearly drivers tests if Everyone had to take them.

And true, I am not as quick as I was twenty years ago, and I relive it, so I pay much more attention than I used to.

Lastely, Someone agreeing that left lane slow driving is wrong, is your idea of not worth paying attention to? I said nothing about responding to it.

I'm beginning to beleive you argue just for the sake of arguing.

Doniston
05-10-2007, 01:14 PM

Incidently, when you make a point worth responding to (as above) is when I'll "pay attention" to your posts. You may have a point, but it is invalid under the circumstances. I would have no objection to yearly drivers tests if Everyone had to take them.

And true, I am not as quick as I was twenty years ago, and I realize it, so I pay much more attention than I used to.

Lastly, Someone agreeing that left lane slow driving is wrong, is your idea of not worth paying attention to? I said nothing about responding to it.

Doniston
05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
When a person thinks they can 'fix a situation' with an aggressive driver, it makes that person a Road Hazzard.

Defensive Driving is too late. You need to preclude any 'defensive' driving habits by anticipating and following a plan. Agreed, and those thinking they can Fix the problem are those who start the road rage.

shattered
05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
You may have a point, but it is invalid under the circumstances. I would have no objection to yearly drivers tests if Everyone had to take them.

And true, I am not as quick as I was twenty years ago, and I relaize it, so I pay much more attention than I used to.

Lastly, Someone agreeing that left lane slow driving is wrong, is your idea of not worth paying attention to? I said nothing about responding to it.

Saying it twice doesn't make it any more valid..

Arguing for the sake of arguing? Eh? This is a debate board. :slap: Get with the program.

Doniston
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Saying it twice doesn't make it any more valid..

Arguing for the sake of arguing? Eh? This is a debate board. :slap: Get with the program. I tried hard to get rid of the duplicate. nothing worked.

and I beleive this is a discussion board. a debate is an entirely different animal.

And even allowing for the misnomer that it is a debate. in such a case you are supposed to make a point. not just argue.

shattered
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I tried har to get rid if the duplicate. nothing worked. and I beleive this is a discussion board. a debate is an entirely different animal. And allowing the misnomer that it is a debate. in such a case you are supposed to make a point. not just argue.

Uh.. the name of the board is Debate Policy.. That would make it a debate forum.

To date, I've made more "points" in 3 posts than you've made since you've been here.

On that note, what exactly is your point?

glockmail
05-10-2007, 07:10 PM

For the record, I WILL pass you on the right, and then I WILL move right back in front of you, and I WILL tap on my brakes when you're 6" from my bumper just to wake your ass up... A little road rage there, huh babe? :laugh2: I'll have my camera and cell phone ready for you. You and Paris can have a clam licking party. :laugh2:

shattered
05-10-2007, 07:12 PM
A little road rage there, huh babe? :laugh2: I'll have my camera and cell phone ready for you. You and Paris can have a clam licking party. :laugh2:

I've asked you to quit with the disgustingly perverted comments. Now I'm telling you.

STOP.

glockmail
05-10-2007, 07:19 PM
So - lemme get this straight - you become the morality police and decide when ANOTHER person - whose life you know nothing about - is being rude, or driving aggressively? Dude, if somebody comes up behind you, move your arse over. Be courteous.

TTIWWOP. What did you drive? What did you learn out there? I'm fairly familiar with TheGlen, although I have yet to drive it.

1. I've been driving a long time dude. If someone's acting irrationally its best to maintain your speed and position and make them move around you. That goes for tailgaters and parking lot speeders. That way if an accident occurs it will be entirely their fault, just like shattered just demonstrated for us.

2. TTIWWOP?

3. I drove my '85 Tbird, V8, traction lok and handling suspension, slightly tweaked. It was a Track Time class, and I went with a couple buddies two years in a row. They show you how to set up a turn, balance the car out and power through it. They had everything there from a Honda civic to a twin turbo Ferrari.

glockmail
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I've asked you to quit with the disgustingly perverted comments. Now I'm telling you.

STOP. Don't like seafood? If you can't play with the big dogs then stay on the porch. :laugh2: