PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Lee Denounces Pepsi Super Bowl Ad as "Demeaning"

red states rule
02-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Libs are always looking for something to whine about. Now a lib wasts time on the House floor whining about a ad aired during the Super Bowl? I found this ad funny, and the people I was watching the game did as well

What do you think?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1mjRU6b4ecw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) took to the House floor Tuesday night to criticize what she called a "demeaning" Pepsi ad that aired during the Super Bowl.

In the ad for Pepsi Max, a black woman sitting on a park bench gets angry with her husband after an attractive, white female jogger sits down next to the couple and smiles and waves at the man.

After the man smiles back, his girlfriend or wife gets angry and whips her Pepsi Max can at him. The man ducks, and the can hits the attractive jogger in the head. The ad is titled "Love hurts."

Jackson Lee said it was ridiculous for the soft drink maker to air the advertisement during African-American history month.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/142929-jackson-lee-blasts-demeaning-pepsi-super-bowl-ad

red states rule
02-10-2011, 04:02 AM
BTW, this is the same lib that while visiting the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, asked whether the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969.

and also said the names given to hurricanes are racist

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BYhyPszWUr8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BYhyPszWUr8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

fj1200
02-10-2011, 08:35 AM
What do you think?

Why? The white B' got what's coming to her... stickin' it to the woMAN!!!

Thunderknuckles
02-10-2011, 09:37 AM
First thing my wife and I said was if the roles had been reversed and it was a black woman who got canned, there would have been a shit storm over it.

Basically, Lee is playing the part of whitey Sharpton and like Sharpton, it's probably if he keeps his mouth shut.

Abbey Marie
02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
First thing my wife and I said was if the roles had been reversed and it was a black woman who got canned, there would have been a shit storm over it.

Basically, Lee is playing the part of whitey Sharpton and like Sharpton, it's probably if he keeps his mouth shut.

That's what I thought.

Trinnity
02-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Sheila Jackson is a stuck up ignorant fool. If she's annoyed, too bad.

American Black chics are the most aggressive females on the planet, hands down.

If she's pissed, she should talk to them about it. They created the stereotype from their very behavior. They have to own it.

red states rule
02-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Are the black actor and actress who made the ad racists as well?

Or would Me Lee cal them sellouts and traitors to their race?

I thought the ad was funny and Pepsi hit a home run with it

logroller
02-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Let he, or she, who is without "jungle fever" cast the first can!:laugh2:

red states rule
02-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Let he, or she, who is without "jungle fever" cast the first can!:laugh2:

Now our resident libs (PR, PB, Gabby, and Bully) will jump in and tag the entire Debate Policy community as racist

and Jim will see Rev Al and Jesse picketing outside his door with the usual members of the lapdog liberal meida clinging to every word they utter

Thanks LR :laugh2:

darin
02-11-2011, 06:09 AM
black chicks are HOT. Sometimes. Same with White chicks. And whatever-and stuff. The lady in question should be celebrating diversity of hotness. She's not hot. That's probably the root of her issue w/ the ad.

Trinnity
02-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Has anyone besides me ever noticed that Sheila Jackson Lee wears her hair in a manner that looks like a crown....that has always intrigued me and I have no doubt that it's meant to look like one....

-fascinating.

Noir
02-11-2011, 08:28 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/photo-105.jpg?t=1297430852

As a random aside, "and also said the names given to hurricanes are racist"...are hurricanes not named after the people that first flagged them up as hurricanes? (maybe that's a myth on my part idk)

Trigg
02-11-2011, 12:53 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/photo-105.jpg?t=1297430852

As a random aside, "and also said the names given to hurricanes are racist"...are hurricanes not named after the people that first flagged them up as hurricanes? (maybe that's a myth on my part idk)

There is a list and every year the names start at the beginning of the alphabet.

As I recall the names used to all be female, they are HERricanes after all.:laugh:
Her bitch was that their weren't any "ethnic" sounding names.

trobinett
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I didn't think this thread would last long, but.................:puke:

Thunderknuckles
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
There is a list and every year the names start at the beginning of the alphabet.

As I recall the names used to all be female, they are HERricanes after all.:laugh:
Her bitch was that their weren't any "ethnic" sounding names.
I think they name those in the Atlantic after females and those in the eastern pacific after males. In any case, I found the following link after a quick google. Looks like names are predetermined for a given year
http://www.hurricaneville.com/names.html

Abbey Marie
02-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Atlantic hurricane names are chosen alphabetically, alternating between male and female

Noir
02-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up :3

In any end, I think companies are missing out on a huge advertising ploy, rather than hurricane 'Andrew' or 'George' Hurrican 'da-da-da-da-da I'm lovin' it' or hurricane 'Subway - Eat Fresh' would be a marketing success :3
They could even do a KFC one for that womens poor, excluded negro's ^__^

Mr. P
02-11-2011, 11:50 PM
I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't find it funny at all.

logroller
02-12-2011, 12:24 AM
black chicks are HOT. Sometimes. Same with White chicks. And whatever-and stuff. The lady in question should be celebrating diversity of hotness. She's not hot. That's probably the root of her issue w/ the ad.

watch out for flying cans dmp!

What? You don't find domestic abuse and the assault of innocent bystanders funny? I'll bet you believe in the social contract theory and the golden rule too.

Atlantic hurricane names are chosen alphabetically, alternating between male and female

So Hurricane Shanequa is followed by Hurricane Tyrell.

red states rule
02-12-2011, 04:48 AM
I am also in a minority. I did not notice who was white or who was black. I watched a TV commercial and laughed at the end

Noir
02-12-2011, 07:36 AM

I thought it was alright, but the end was tosh, like it's not a great idea anyway, but coupled with the really bad acting... =/

krisy
02-12-2011, 08:48 AM
I thought it was funny. My first thought after reading what Lee thought of it was that white people could cry racism just as quickly because a white woman was nailed in the head....did she ever think of that?!!! My gosh these people are nuts!! As stated earlier,if the black woman was hit in the head....the shit would hit the fan.

The hypocrisy is unreal!!!! The race card isnt working anymore Sheila!!! At least,not with me. They don't want anyone to see color,yet thats all they talk about is the color of everyone's skin. Whites should be colorblind, but not blacks?

I think a lot of them just like a reason to bitch.

namvet
02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Libs are always looking for something to whine about. Now a lib wasts time on the House floor whining about a ad aired during the Super Bowl? I found this ad funny, and the people I was watching the game did as well

What do you think?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1mjRU6b4ecw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't get it. if the couple was white and she threw the can at a black jogger??? :laugh:

Abbey Marie
02-12-2011, 11:37 AM

I didn't either.

And there seemed a definite trend towards violence-as-funny in commercials this year.