PDA

View Full Version : The Severity of Proposed Obama Budget Cuts

red states rule
02-10-2011, 03:54 AM
Wow, Obama is really serious about cutting the budget and reducing the deficit

We are still five days away from the unveiling of the President’s 2012 Budget, yet the number-crunching and long-term analysis are in full swing. Senator Rand Paul has been making the rounds this week, touting his proposal to slice $500 billion dollars from the budget while White House Budget Director Jack Lew penned a piece for the New York Times that let us all know the President made some “tough choices” when cutting an estimated $775 million from the 3.8 TRILLION dollar budget. (By the way, $1.5 Trillion of that is CBO estimated deficit spending, or money we will have to borrow from someone.) Of course there are some savings to be had if the five year spending freeze is accomplished, estimates say $400 Billion over 10 years.

The 3.8 Trillion dollar number is staggering enough, but looms even larger when you consider it against the President’s proposed $775 million dollars in tough choice cuts.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shock-graphics-show-severity-of-proposed-obama-budget-cuts/

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/110208-o-budget-010.jpg

Having trouble seing the cuts? Try this

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/110208-o-budget-030.jpg

fj1200
02-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Having trouble seing the cuts? Try this

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/110208-o-budget-030.jpg

Whew, thought I was going to have to get my eyes checked. :laugh:

Little-Acorn
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Are any of them actually cuts?

Will they result in next year's budget being smaller (even by the tiny amount you're showing here)?

Or did the Democrats merely say, "Well, here's last year's budget, we're going to request that next year's budget be 10% bigger in all departments. But since you Republicans want cuts, we'll only make next year's budget 9.9% bigger than last year's."

Ummm, fellas, you've fallen for the oldest trick in the book.

There are NO cuts in the budget. There are only increases, in every department. They're just slightly smaller increases than the Dems originally wanted.

Suckers.

Business as usual in Congress, I guess. And nothing changes.

82Marine89
02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Are any of them actually cuts?

Will they result in next year's budget being smaller (even by the tiny amount you're showing here)?

Or did the Democrats merely say, "Well, here's last year's budget, we're going to request that next year's budget be 10% bigger in all departments. But since you Republicans want cuts, we'll only make next year's budget 9.9% bigger than last year's."

Ummm, fellas, you've fallen for the oldest trick in the book.

There are NO cuts in the budget. There are only increases, in every department. They're just slightly smaller increases than the Dems originally wanted.

Suckers.

Business as usual in Congress, I guess. And nothing changes.

Same thing goes here in Kalifornia. The ask for 7%, get 5%, and call it a 2% cut in budgetary spending.

Thunderknuckles
02-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Same thing goes here in Kalifornia. The ask for 7%, get 5%, and call it a 2% cut in budgetary spending.
Another Californian!
And yes, this crap happens all the time here especially when it comes to reducing a spending increase on education. Teacher's union scream so badly you'd think we were throwing little babies into the Yangtze river.

Thunderknuckles
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
On an additional note, this sheds some light on why Harry Reid feels a $32 billion decrease is draconian and unworkable.

red states rule
02-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Whew, thought I was going to have to get my eyes checked. :laugh:

Many Obama supporters will not understand the graphs and fail to understand their meaning

They will buy into the BS that Obama is cutting spending like he cut their taxes

red states rule
02-11-2011, 03:19 AM
On an additional note, this sheds some light on why Harry Reid feels a $32 billion decrease is draconian and unworkable.

If I can balance my books with draconican cuts so can Obama