PDA

View Full Version : Republicans making wonderful cuts in budget - or are they?

Little-Acorn
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
We've all heard that they are cutting five million here, twenty million there, and hey look, a stupendous TWO BILLION DOLLARS cut over there!!!

But... are any of them actually cuts?

Will they result in next year's budget being smaller?

Or did the Democrats merely say, "Well, here's last year's budget, we're going to request that next year's budget be 10% bigger in all departments, as usual. But since you Republicans want cuts, we'll only make next year's budget 9.9% bigger than last year's."

How likely is it, that we've fallen for the oldest trick in the book?

Looks to me like there are no cuts in the budget. There are only increases. In every department. They're just slightly smaller increases than the Dems originally wanted.

Suckers.

Business as usual in Congress, I guess. And nothing changes.

Government will be bigger next year than it was this year. And even bigger next year, and the next, and the next..............

SassyLady
02-10-2011, 10:26 PM
We've all heard that they are cutting five million here, twenty million there, and hey look, a stupendous TWO BILLION DOLLARS cut over there!!!

Or did the Democrats merely say, "Well, here's last year's budget, we're going to request that next year's budget be 10% bigger in all departments, as usual. But since you Republicans want cuts, we'll only make next year's budget 9.9% bigger than last year's."

Looks to me like there are no cuts in the budget. There are only increases. In every department. They're just slightly smaller increases than the Dems originally wanted.

Suckers.

Government will be bigger next year than it was this year. And even bigger next year, and the next, and the next..............

You really know how to depress a person don't you AC. :slap:

fj1200
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM

Who's budget? The WH? The House? Link?

Trigg
02-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Suckers.

When they loose their job in the next election, they'll have no one to blaim but themselves.