PDA

View Full Version : Oprah wants 'respect' for Obama

Trinnity
02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Oprah wants 'respect' for Obama (http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0211/just_a_little_bit_868941d7-3826-4a53-9390-43550fabcd93.html)

Oprah called on President Obama's critics on Friday to “show some level of respect.”

"I feel that everybody has a learning curve, and I feel that the reason why I was willing to step out for him was because I believed in his integrity and I believed in his heart," the influential TV host said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in Chicago.

Of the negative mood of the country, Oprah added, “I think everybody complaining ought to try it for once.”

She said the presidency is a position that “holds a sense of authority and governance over us all,” and that “even if you’re not in support of his policies, there needs to be a certain level of respect.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Obama adheres to and respects and spirit and the letter of the Constitution and BOR, I'll respect him.

When he stops subverting the Constitution by enacting his agenda trough regulations and regulatory agencies, I'll respect him.

When he stops spending like there's no tomorrow, stops proposing ever MORE - and makes across the board spending cuts that are significant, I'll respect him.

When he corrects the wrong done to the taxpayers of govt employees receiving higher pay and benefits than the private sector, I'll respect him.

When he stops lying and spinning, I'll respect him.

When he gets out of the way of business and capitalism and lets it work to create jobs and heal the economy, I'll respect him.

When he stops saying things like "reward our friends and punish our enemies", and "I wanna know who's ass to kick", and shows some dignity toward the office, I'll respect him.

When he gets serious about the flood of illegals coming over and already here, and stops punishing the border states for trying to handle it, I'll respect him.

When he stops playing favorites with unions, GE, HC law exemptions, I'll respect him.

When he stops using the DOJ as a gang of bullies, I'll respect him.

When he demonstrates in real ways that he cares about America more than himself and getting re-elected, THEN I will respect him.

Oprah: don't get your hopes up.

Trigg
02-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I have to agree with the people in the comment section of that article.

Where was Oprah when Bush was being insulted in the press??????

As far as his "learning curve", he's been there 2 years. He and the MSM, wanted us to accept that he, had the experience to become president. Now 2 years in, he needs a learning curve>:lame2:

trobinett
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I've always tried to make myself tread carefully when it comes to talking about the President. As a Vet I respect the OFFICE, not necessarily the man. That's CERTAINLY the way I feel about this President.

Until Obama does something I can respect, I'll with hold any respect I might have for the man.

I haven't changed my mind about our current President, I believe he holds the office illegally, and most that he's done since he's taken office has been a travesty. It will take a generation to recover from the skewed policies, that have passed since he took office.

Not surprised in the lease, that Oprah is defending him, and wants those of us who don't respect him to lighten up. Well, she better tighten down her seat belt, cause it's going to get worst, as it should, if he keeps doing, and saying the bone headed things he's been doing to this point.

Respect? Not from this old biker.:slap::salute::cheers2:

red states rule
02-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Oprah needs to stick with selling books, giving away cars, and tear lerking interviews.

How can we respect a man like Obama who has called those opposed to his agenda enemies, said he would bring a gun to the knife fight, lied to us constantly about his agenda, and ridiculed the Tea Party with him smug "jokes"?

Sorry, no respect earned here so no respect given Oprah

krisy
02-12-2011, 09:13 AM
WOW Oprah.....are you honestly saying this? Where were your words when Bush was being ripped to shreds in the media and by liberals? I cannot believe this.

I would agree with her that the office deserves respect,but it's so hard to even listen to her hypocrisy. Oprah is not special to me. I will never go to her show and stand their screaming like she's some kind of Justin Beiber type idol:2up:

For some reason,I thought I saw on the news that her comments were prompted by the Bill O'Reilly interview with the president because he interrupted him too much.

If we speak about being civil in politics in general,one would have to wonder what her opinions are about the literal beating Sarah Palin has taken...along with her children.

namvet
02-12-2011, 10:18 AM
who's Oprah ???

Binky
02-12-2011, 11:07 AM
She is just another opinionated loud mouth who happens to have the sheeple following that has made her a very wealthy woman. She knows how to wine and dine the viewers getting them to sniff her backside, and that is one thing she has in common with Obama. We need not delve into it any further.

CSM
02-13-2011, 11:24 AM
who's Oprah ???

Rosie Odonell's dark side.

Abbey Marie
02-13-2011, 03:03 PM
"Whatever Oprah wants, Oprah gets.
And little Prez, little Oprah wants you".

-Damn Yankees

red states rule
02-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Did Oprah have anything to say about things like this during the eight years of Pres Bush?

Has anyone written anythng close like this about Pres Obama?

I hate President George W. Bush. There, I said it. I think his policies rank him among the worst presidents in U.S. history. And, while I'm tempted to leave it at that, the truth is that I hate him for less substantive reasons, too. I hate the inequitable way he has come to his economic and political achievements and his utter lack of humility (disguised behind transparently false modesty) at having done so. His favorite answer to the question of nepotism--"I inherited half my father's friends and all his enemies"--conveys the laughable implication that his birth bestowed more disadvantage than advantage. He reminds me of a certain type I knew in high school--the kid who was given a fancy sports car for his sixteenth birthday and believed that he had somehow earned it. I hate the way he walks--shoulders flexed, elbows splayed out from his sides like a teenage boy feigning machismo. I hate the way he talks--blustery self-assurance masked by a pseudopopulist twang. I even hate the things that everybody seems to like about him. I hate his lame nickname-bestowing-- a way to establish one's social superiority beneath a veneer of chumminess (does anybody give their boss a nickname without his consent?). And, while most people who meet Bush claim to like him, I suspect that, if I got to know him personally, I would hate him even more.

http://www.tnr.com/article/mad-about-you

namvet
02-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Did Oprah have anything to say about things like this during the eight years of Pres Bush?

Has anyone written anythng close like this about Pres Obama?

this was written by the editor who was stupid enough to leave you his email

jonathanchait@tnr.com

stephanie
02-15-2011, 05:01 PM
"Whatever Oprah wants, Oprah gets.
And little Prez, little Oprah wants you".

-Damn Yankees

LOL, the Prez. is Oprahs pet, be it poodle or snake.