PDA

View Full Version : Positive story about abortion......

Sitarro
05-07-2007, 12:36 PM
From a UK newspaper...... a positive story about choice. Read the whole story linked below, there is a lot more to it than shown.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=453148&in_page_id=1879

Why I changed my mind seconds before I had an abortion
By HELEN WEATHERS -

Four and a half months into her pregnancy, Anna Chernocke could feel the first stirrings of life as she sat in the hospital waiting room.

She placed her hand on her belly and started to talk to her baby, although the only thing she could say was "sorry".

Plot to force abortion vote
Minutes away from having the abortion she thought she wanted, each second felt like a second closer to murder rather than the blessed relief she had imagined.

Overwhelmed with guilt and fighting back tears, she was led by two nurses into the operating theatre. The doctor, a fatherly-looking man in his 50s, was sitting waiting for her.

He was kind, reassuring. "Anna," he said. "Are you ready? If so, we will give you a little injection in the back of your hand and transfer you to the table. Is there anything you would like to say?"

"Yes," replied Anna. "I'm really sorry, but I've changed my mind." But instead of being annoyed with her for wasting their time, the medical team seemed to be overcome with a sudden, unexpected euphoria.

The doctor broke out into a huge smile, grabbed her shoulder and laughed "Congratulations! Well done, you won't regret it."

The two nurses who'd led her into the operating theatre - with, she thought, slightly disapproving eyes - swooped on her bed delightedly and whisked her back to the ward.

One of them told Anna how she'd been trying for a baby for ages, without success, while the other - who had children - said becoming a mother had been the best thing that had ever happened to her.

"You are never going to regret the decision you just made. It's a wonderful, beautiful thing."

Today, Anna's son David is a lively, outgoing, sunny toddler with blond hair and blue eyes.

Just as the nurse promised, Anna has never regretted her decision and his birth in July 2004 has transformed her life.

Now aged 29, Anna is happily settled in Devon with a new partner - whom she first met when David was three weeks' old - and is expecting a second son in five weeks' time.

Remembering the doctor and nurses' thrilled response to her 11th hour decision to keep her baby, Anna says she is far from surprised by last week's startling survey which reveals that opposition to abortion is growing rapidly among medics.

Doniston
05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
From a UK newspaper...... a positive story about choice. Read the whole story linked below, there is a lot more to it than shown.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=453148&in_page_id=1879

Why I changed my mind seconds before I had an abortion
By HELEN WEATHERS -

Four and a half months into her pregnancy, Anna Chernocke could feel the first stirrings of life as she sat in the hospital waiting room.

She placed her hand on her belly and started to talk to her baby, although the only thing she could say was "sorry".

Plot to force abortion vote
Minutes away from having the abortion she thought she wanted, each second felt like a second closer to murder rather than the blessed relief she had imagined.

Overwhelmed with guilt and fighting back tears, she was led by two nurses into the operating theatre. The doctor, a fatherly-looking man in his 50s, was sitting waiting for her.

He was kind, reassuring. "Anna," he said. "Are you ready? If so, we will give you a little injection in the back of your hand and transfer you to the table. Is there anything you would like to say?"

"Yes," replied Anna. "I'm really sorry, but I've changed my mind." But instead of being annoyed with her for wasting their time, the medical team seemed to be overcome with a sudden, unexpected euphoria.

The doctor broke out into a huge smile, grabbed her shoulder and laughed "Congratulations! Well done, you won't regret it."

The two nurses who'd led her into the operating theatre - with, she thought, slightly disapproving eyes - swooped on her bed delightedly and whisked her back to the ward.

One of them told Anna how she'd been trying for a baby for ages, without success, while the other - who had children - said becoming a mother had been the best thing that had ever happened to her.

"You are never going to regret the decision you just made. It's a wonderful, beautiful thing."

Today, Anna's son David is a lively, outgoing, sunny toddler with blond hair and blue eyes.

Just as the nurse promised, Anna has never regretted her decision and his birth in July 2004 has transformed her life.

Now aged 29, Anna is happily settled in Devon with a new partner - whom she first met when David was three weeks' old - and is expecting a second son in five weeks' time.

Remembering the doctor and nurses' thrilled response to her 11th hour decision to keep her baby, Anna says she is far from surprised by last week's startling survey which reveals that opposition to abortion is growing rapidly among medics. That's what pro-choice is all about. She apparently made a good choice.

Nienna
05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
That's a wonderful story! :D

JLO
05-17-2007, 12:53 AM
WOW! What a great story!:clap: