PDA

View Full Version : I finally found

actsnoblemartin
02-15-2011, 04:41 AM
a great volunteer job, that is 1 mile from my house, and I think I know what I want to do for my career.

I think I want to go back into the medical field. I was once, I know you cant believe it, a pharmacy technician, but my mental illness got in the way.

Now 9 years later, and 2 years after the miracle drug abilify, and some behavior adjustments. I think I'd like to work in a hospital pharmacy

retail, too many people yelling at you, but hospital, while some of that, I think would be a fit for me.

I am nationally ceritified, but very rusty.

Any ideas on re-training?

Thanks

your pal

Martin :dance:

darin
02-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Yeah - get re-trained, then start applying :)

Abbey Marie
02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
That's great, Martin! You have overcome obstacles most of us cannot imagine- I know you can do it.

actsnoblemartin
02-16-2011, 12:11 AM
there a couple places with no openings but the position is in a pharmacy, i just thought of it :)

Pharmacy (Discharge/Outpatient)
Students and others interested in pursuing a career in the pharmacy industry work with Pharm. D.s and other staff members by assisting with inventory of supplies, checking for outdated medications, and administrative assistance. (NO POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)

so ill hold out for it

Little-Acorn
02-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Are there city-college courses in pharmacology? Miramar College or Mesa College? Or night courses? Would they help in un-rusting? They'd probably seem pretty easy for you, since you had all that stuff before. But might be a useful reminder.

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2011, 04:27 AM
I found a place I can take the class, the same place I took it before.

I just hope they dont mind, that im retaking the classes again, after 10 years.

I worry lol (see other thread)