PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a right to make someone obey the law?

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Apparently not--it's a breach of thier privacy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070507/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_cho

Hobbit
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Apparently not--it's a breach of thier privacy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070507/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_cho

Hasn't the Mexican invasion taught you anything? Enforcing laws is racist.

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 01:56 PM

I can't count the times that I have had to deal with situations where a persons' "right to privacy" was harmful to themselves or/and others. Additionally we as a society are willing to release murderers to murder again if some "i" wasn't dotted on the arrest warrant.

05-07-2007, 03:02 PM
im not sure thats what the article is saying. I think the guys is saying he cant talk about the medical information because of the right to privacy. (What privacy a dead man needs, i dont know). Apparently the courts lack of power to enforce their decree is another matter altogether separate form the right to privacy. atleast if im reading the article correctly.

Why they dont have authority, i dont know.

diuretic
05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Sheer incompetence.

zefrendylia
05-07-2007, 08:09 PM

You mean the American invasion of Mexico? Or even better, the Mexican and American invasion of Native America. Don't forget that California, New Mexico, the majority of Texas, parts of Nevada, and Colorado used to be Mexico. All it took was a small U.S. army detachment to provoke the Mexican border guards to attack and full-scale war was declared by a much powerful country on a weaker one. In the name of Manifest Destiny, the U.S. occupied by force all those lands inhabited by Mexicans.

Has anyone ever thought, that instead of labeling Mexicans as an infestation (despite the fact that they make up only 23% of immigrants), the true problem with illegal immigration is Labor? Enforce the labor laws on the books and you will solve the influx of cheap labor. Of course American Big Business won't like that because following the law means less change in their pocket.

5stringJeff
05-07-2007, 08:28 PM
You mean the American invasion of Mexico? Or even better, the Mexican and American invasion of Native America. Don't forget that California, New Mexico, the majority of Texas, parts of Nevada, and Colorado used to be Mexico. All it took was a small U.S. army detachment to provoke the Mexican border guards to attack and full-scale war was declared by a much powerful country on a weaker one. In the name of Manifest Destiny, the U.S. occupied by force all those lands inhabited by Mexicans.

We won that land fair and square - heck, we even paid them $15M for it after we won the war! And the border issue was very real. After Texas won its independence from Mexico in 1836, they claimed the Rio Grande as the southern/western border. Mexico only recognized Texas as extending to the Nueces River. The first skirmishes of the war - which the Mexicans began, BTW - took place in that disputed territory.

Has anyone ever thought, that instead of labeling Mexicans as an infestation (despite the fact that they make up only 23% of immigrants), the true problem with illegal immigration is Labor? Enforce the labor laws on the books and you will solve the influx of cheap labor. Of course American Big Business won't like that because following the law means less change in their pocket.

That's one part of a good immigration policy. Other parts include deportations of illegals caught in the US, and a nice big wall between our two countries.

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 08:56 PM
We won that land fair and square - heck, we even paid them $15M for it after we won the war! And the border issue was very real. After Texas won its independence from Mexico in 1836, they claimed the Rio Grande as the southern/western border. Mexico only recognized Texas as extending to the Nueces River. The first skirmishes of the war - which the Mexicans began, BTW - took place in that disputed territory.

That's one part of a good immigration policy. Other parts include deportations of illegals caught in the US, and a nice big wall between our two countries.

:clap:

AND--Big business consists of people of ALL political persuasions. The charade of the poor Democrat really needs to end. They are even starting to believe it themselves.

Gunny
05-07-2007, 09:43 PM

You stole all my material.:slap: