PDA

View Full Version : CBS News Reporter Sexually Assaulted in Cairo

namvet
02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
On Friday February 11, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a "60 Minutes" story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.

In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers. She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering.

There will be no further comment from CBS News and Correspondent Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time.

link (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/15/60minutes/main20032070.shtml)

hope she didn't get knocked up. I'd have that bastard aborted on the spot

trobinett
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Certainly to bad, but reporters have to know the risks. Now, as to launching an investigation, we'll have to see how the Egyptian authorities
handle this crime.

namvet
02-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Certainly to bad, but reporters have to know the risks. Now, as to launching an investigation, we'll have to see how the Egyptian authorities
handle this crime.

what crime ???

jimnyc
02-16-2011, 03:40 PM
You should see one NY paper today, the headline reads "ANIMALS". Let me see if I can find an online version...

Nope, but I'll try to snap one with my cell later. Perfect headline for a heinous crime by those who ARE animals.

Abbey Marie
02-16-2011, 04:22 PM
And this is after they got Mubarek to step down. :mad:

gabosaurus
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
One right-wing blogger blames the victim, writing that Lara paid the price for her "liberal beliefs."

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/02/after-sexual-assault-beating-cbs-reporter-logan-learns-about-political-correctness-the-hard-way/

Trigg
02-16-2011, 08:11 PM
One right-wing blogger blames the victim, writing that Lara paid the price for her "liberal beliefs."

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/02/after-sexual-assault-beating-cbs-reporter-logan-learns-about-political-correctness-the-hard-way/

How many male reporters were assaulted during that uprising???

I'm sorry she was harmed in that way, but her network but her in danger. Egypt is a male oriented society where women are routinely abused and here is this cute blond in the middle of all that testosterone? Someone wasn't thinking clearly when they sent her in there.

MtnBiker
02-16-2011, 08:15 PM

What!?? A right-wing blogger posted something that a left winger doesn't like. Wow that's got to be a first. Certainly a left wing blogger has never posted their point of view that a right winger would find objectionable.

Perhaps some should spend less time distracted on such trivialities and become more familiar with sharia law.

revelarts
02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
How many male reporters were assaulted during that uprising???

I'm sorry she was harmed in that way, but her network but her in danger. Egypt is a male oriented society where women are routinely abused and here is this cute blond in the middle of all that testosterone? Someone wasn't thinking clearly when they sent her in there.

Yep, Extremely bad judgment, Women in the locker room BS.

Same with woman in the military.
Fairness is one thing but human nature's bear.

The % of women in the U.S. mil that have been raped and abused is ridiculous too.

GUBMINT Cheese
02-17-2011, 03:11 AM
You can blame it on the Libtard agenda that says men & women are equal.....
Even though it is clearly not true, & she fooled herself into it & paid the price for it......
I wish her a swift recovery.......

OldMercsRule
02-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Hope this chit stops spreading..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

fj1200
02-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Hope this chit stops spreading..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Which chit? Protests or assaults?

namvet
02-17-2011, 08:44 AM
says she's going back over there. must want that promotion real bad

Nukeman
02-17-2011, 10:37 AM

Don't see where they "BLAMED" her. I do see where they comment on her BAD judgement!! DID YOU read the article or just the head line. Or did someone tell you what it said?!?!!??! You weren't by chance listening to a liberal news source that told you that is what the article said??!?!:poke:

jimnyc
02-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Don't see where they "BLAMED" her. I do see where they comment on her BAD judgement!! DID YOU read the article or just the head line. Or did someone tell you what it said?!?!!??! You weren't by chance listening to a liberal news source that told you that is what the article said??!?!:poke:

She read what it told her on Media Matters! You didn't think she actually thought for herself, did you?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102160021

gabosaurus
02-17-2011, 12:12 PM
This thread serves as a great reminder of how this forum works. Sexual assault is a terrible crime (first few responses) until it is endorsed by a right-wing blogger. Then everyone falls into line and agrees it is the woman's fault.

jimnyc
02-17-2011, 12:19 PM
This thread serves as a great reminder of how this forum works. Sexual assault is a terrible crime (first few responses) until it is endorsed by a right-wing blogger. Then everyone falls into line and agrees it is the woman's fault.

This thread also serves as a reminder of what a fucking lying idiot you are. NOBODY here is blaming her for being assaulted. Bad judgment by her and CBS, but no on blamed her. Why do you feel the need to make things up and exaggerate when you post? Can a CAL grad not be bright enough to think for herself, investigate for herself and post facts? Don't worry, I don't expect you to.

revelarts
02-17-2011, 12:28 PM
OK hold on Gab.
Look, everybody agrees that it's a terrible thing that she was assaulted. and that it's the guys faults who did it.
However it's also true that if u walk into a bears cage you might get mauled.
a street packed full of angry young men without jobs who are looking for a way to celebrate is not the place for a pretty little woman.
That's just the facts.
You wouldn't send a pretty Jewish women into a skin head rally. and say " OH MY , I don't know why she was attacked. "
Those men are stinking rapist/molesters but there are some places people shouldn't go without realizing there may be MORE risk becuase of gender, race, religion or even the color of your shirt. that's just reality.

NightTrain
02-17-2011, 12:45 PM
This thread also serves as a reminder of what a fucking lying idiot you are. NOBODY here is blaming her for being assaulted. Bad judgment by her and CBS, but no on blamed her. Why do you feel the need to make things up and exaggerate when you post? Can a CAL grad not be bright enough to think for herself, investigate for herself and post facts? Don't worry, I don't expect you to.

I think it's safe to say that Critical Thinking wasn't part of her curriculum at Cal. Producing a graduate of her caliber should make the University cringe and publicly apologize for failing on an epic level.

Nukeman
02-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Hold the f##king phone here little girl... I don't see where ANYONE has said it was the womans fault, just like I didn't see it in the article.. YOU have a comprehension problem!!!!!!!

trobinett
02-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Not a big fan of CBS, or for matter any of the large media outlets, but the reporter could of said NO. The rumor, that she wants to return, just shows, that she's a coupe bricks shy of a full load. I wonder if she would jump off a bridge if CBS asked her too?

It was a foolish move on her part, but it was still her decision, but just because she made a foolish choice, what happened to her was still a CRIME.:slap:

krisy
02-19-2011, 12:10 AM
I have always felt that the media knows the dangers going in. With that,it totally disgusts me that our media goes over there to get their message out,and they thank them by beating the tar out of many of them and sexually assaulting this woman.

How are we supposed to sympathize with these jackasses when they behave like cave men? Makes me want to say..."screw them and who cares?"

OldMercsRule
03-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Which chit? Protests or assaults?

Both