PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Act ...

jimnyc
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm not linking to an article but will if necessary...

How many years are we in to a Dem lead congress now? And how many Dem supporters whined and cried about this act for the entire time Bush was in office? The Dem lead Senate just extended portions again.

Why don't I see the liberals/Dems yapping away about their rights that Obama is taking away from them?

Btw - for the record, I don't have an issue with 99% of the PA. Just trying to once AGAIN show the hypocrisy of the left and their supporters.

DragonStryk72
02-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Because it isn't the Repbulicans in power. I've noticed that the reverse holds true, though. This is the main problem, I think, with there only being two main political parties, it becomes too "us vs. them", and people stop holding up higher standards. Mention any candidate here who could actually change things, and what happens? We get the string of "He's got no chance" posts.

People aren't voting for who the best leader is anymore, they're betting on which one they think will win, by and large.

abso
02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm not linking to an article but will if necessary...

How many years are we in to a Dem lead congress now? And how many Dem supporters whined and cried about this act for the entire time Bush was in office? The Dem lead Senate just extended portions again.

Why don't I see the liberals/Dems yapping away about their rights that Obama is taking away from them?

Btw - for the record, I don't have an issue with 99% of the PA. Just trying to once AGAIN show the hypocrisy of the left and their supporters.

i don't understand anything about that act, i have heared about it, but was too lazy to read about it.

anyway, what i wanted to say is that i agree with you, what the oppostion says is always different than what it does when it take the power, in every country, the opposition party always opposes the ruling party, until the opposition takes power, then we usualy see it doing the same mistakes that it previously used as an excuse to attack the previous ruling party, while no real change in policies is seen.

from government to government, obvious change in policy is rare, usualy what we see are slight changes to make us feel that we are under the rule of a new government which is supposed to be better, then after that everything goes back to normal and its the same mistakes that we hated the previous government for.

in the case of dems, they used civil liberties as an excuse to attack GWB, but when they took power, they are now not able to relinquish the control that GWB has given them over some liberties in USA, its rare to find someone who is ready to relinquish some of his power.