PDA

View Full Version : 3 reasons to be wary of Google

NightTrain
02-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Interesting bits of info... too comfy with MoveOn and Soros for my taste, I think I'm going to start looking for another search engine & browser.

Part 1
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4542197&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

NightTrain
02-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Part 2 :
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4542198&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Noir
02-17-2011, 12:11 PM
It's all part of where we are going, as a society, and it's all but inevitable.
As for Glen, all he had to do is not agree to any ToCs from google, and get his friends to do the same, and alls fine :3

Personally I know that they know where I am, but they are providing me a service. Only the other day I was in 3 towns/cities I'd never been in before, and in each I was able to find the cafes, bus stops and train stations I needed without a moments worry. Sure google and apple knew where i was all day to within a metre, but Id rather that, than be lost, as I would of been.

NightTrain
02-17-2011, 12:24 PM
It's all part of where we are going, as a society, and it's all but inevitable.
As for Glen, all he had to do is not agree to any ToCs from google, and get his friends to do the same, and alls fine :3

Personally I know that they know where I am, but they are providing me a service. Only the other day I was in 3 towns/cities I'd never been in before, and in each I was able to find the cafes, bus stops and train stations I needed without a moments worry. Sure google and apple knew where i was all day to within a metre, but Id rather that, than be lost, as I would of been.

I don't have a problem with them knowing where I am & what I'm using... I understand the technology used, there's no worries there.

It's the points he made regarding Google personnel being involved (in fact, organizing) in overthrowing governments and having top echelon people in Google working closely with Soros and giving money to entities like MoveOn.

What business does the search engine & browser I use have in revolutions?

Noir
02-17-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't have a problem with them knowing where I am & what I'm using... I understand the technology used, there's no worries there.

It's the points he made regarding Google personnel being involved (in fact, organizing) in overthrowing governments and having top echelon people in Google working closely with Soros and giving money to entities like MoveOn.

The same business as anything, tis part of the global world we live in, it doesn't really matter what you believe a company should or should not do, people will act on your behalf in their interests, invest in others who will invest in other etc. It's nothing personal and nothing unique to google.

revelarts
02-17-2011, 12:49 PM
DO I have to say anything.

Noir you seem happily resigned to the "nearly inevitable" fate of everyones being track recorded numbered etc.. by Big Gov't and big Inc.

Beck is playing to the right and the left plays to it's audience but
microsoft and Google both enjoy very cozy relations with the gov't no mater which party is in power. they both empower themselves and the gov't over the peoples rights.

How does the 4th amendment work when goggle is tracking ALL of your biz.

anyway don't get me started.

A few people are crying in the wilderness on this issue so it looks like most are going to lay down to this level of Big brother and the next level and the next. trusting big bro cause he's well run and efficient. like in China where google turned in anti commie protest leaders.

Anyhow
http://startpage.com/
no track searching.

revelarts
02-17-2011, 12:53 PM
I'll mention this to. A former computer programmer who now owns my car repair shop told me that when you have a google page open that it is reading your history and any other open browser windows you have.

I've seen report on how if you have your microphone on that google is also listening , recording and trying to see if you have the tv or radio on in the background . it you do it trys to determine the station and tv program and them feed you info based on the show and it's target adv.

NightTrain
02-17-2011, 01:00 PM
The same business as anything, tis part of the global world we live in, it doesn't really matter what you believe a company should or should not do, people will act on your behalf in their interests, invest in others who will invest in other etc. It's nothing personal and nothing unique to google.

I haven't heard of ANY other public company directly involved in the revolutions taking place.

And my Cell Phone company or Dodge or the company I work for certainly aren't engaging in such activities.

Government overthrows aside, giving millions to radical Moonbat groups is indeed Google's decision, but there will be backlash over it now that it's out in the open, and I'm all for the repercussions.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2011, 01:29 PM
I stopped using Google a long time ago, when I saw their left-tendencies. I let my fingers do the walking, as they used to say.

Noir
02-17-2011, 02:07 PM
"Noir you seem happily resigned to the "nearly inevitable" fate of everyones being track recorded numbered etc.. by Big Gov't and big Inc."

As long as people are happy to tick the 'I agree' on the T&C forms then everyone is being tracked/recorded etc with their permission.

revelarts
02-17-2011, 03:19 PM
"Noir you seem happily resigned to the "nearly inevitable" fate of everyones being track recorded numbered etc.. by Big Gov't and big Inc."

As long as people are happy to tick the 'I agree' on the T&C forms then everyone is being tracked/recorded etc with their permission.

is there an opt out to click?
Not really a choice if the only option is to agree or don't use the product.

AND is there really a very clear announcement of the level of tracking and who your info is going to.
Could I get a record if i asked?

Noir
02-17-2011, 03:34 PM
is there an opt out to click?
Not really a choice if the only option is to agree or don't use the product.

AND is there really a very clear announcement of the level of tracking and who your info is going to.
Could I get a record if i asked?

Either you agree to the T&Cs and can use the service.
Or you don't, in which case you wouldn't want to use the service.
That is your choice,
It's quite simple.

revelarts
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Either you agree to the T&Cs and can use the service.
Or you don't, in which case you wouldn't want to use the service.
That is your choice,
It's quite simple.

And the Mafia gives you a choice of paying for protection or not.

Aaa it's your choys ere' . so whayagonna do?

Noir
02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
And the Mafia gives you a choice of paying for protection or not.

Aaa it's your choys ere' . so whayagonna do?

Why, what are google going to do to you if you don't use their search engine?

pete311
02-18-2011, 02:14 AM

Is there a law that says they can't? If you don't like it, stop using their product. It's as extremely simple as that.

revelarts
02-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Why, what are google going to do to you if you don't use their search engine?

they are hard to avoid noir.

It's possible to use other search engines I do that ..

It's like they've created a superhigh of info where there had been mostly local roads. all locol roads connect to it or trough it.

It's fine that they own the road they built but to ask where I'm going what kind of car i'm driving, who's with me, and what I'm carrying is more than i really want to them know or they need to know to do maintain a good road. So for personal trips i avoid it.

Now the thing is MOST commerce can't afford to stay off the road. so if you have a biz large or small you are practically compelled to use there road. AND other services that let them know your customers, pricing and more.

They are not a monopoly just the giant in the room, and they set terms for there benefit rather than maximizing benefits and completely respecting the customers like they might have to if there was real competition.

You seem fine with all of that , we don't agree here, no problem.

Noir
02-18-2011, 11:37 AM
they are hard to avoid noir.

It's possible to use other search engines I do that ..

It's like they've created a superhigh of info where there had been mostly local roads. all locol roads connect to it or trough it.

It's fine that they own the road they built but to ask where I'm going what kind of car i'm driving, who's with me, and what I'm carrying is more than i really want to them know or they need to know to do maintain a good road. So for personal trips i avoid it.

Now the thing is MOST commerce can't afford to stay off the road. so if you have a biz large or small you are practically compelled to use there road. AND other services that let them know your customers, pricing and more.

They are not a monopoly just the giant in the room, and they set terms for there benefit rather than maximizing benefits and completely respecting the customers like they might have to if there was real competition.

You seem fine with all of that , we don't agree here, no problem.

Bing is also a giant, as is yahoo, as is Alta vista, Alexa, gigablast, lycos...the list goes on.
There are A LOT of highways to chose from.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Bing is also a giant, as is yahoo, as is Alta vista, Alexa, gigablast, lycos...the list goes on.
There are A LOT of highways to chose from.

There are even search engines that donate to charity every time you search. This feeling that it's Google or nothing, is wrong/laziness.

NightTrain
02-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Is there a law that says they can't? If you don't like it, stop using their product. It's as extremely simple as that.

No shit? Hey, thanks for pointing that out. That course of action never occurred to me.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/captain-obvious.jpg

Noir
02-19-2011, 09:51 PM
No shit? Hey, thanks for pointing that out. That course of action never occurred to me.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/captain-obvious.jpg

Well, in fairness, you were the one who said it's a search engine and browser you use.
If it's so obvious and so important to you, you wouldn't use it =/

NightTrain
02-20-2011, 01:15 AM
If you'll look back in one of the first posts here, Noir, I already said that.

I don't have another Captain Obvious pic for you, that was the only one I have on hand. You'll have to share Pete's, I guess.

Noir
02-20-2011, 05:27 AM
If you'll look back in one of the first posts here, Noir, I already said that.

I don't have another Captain Obvious pic for you, that was the only one I have on hand. You'll have to share Pete's, I guess.

That was days ago, it'd take you two minutes to find a new engine and browser.
Just sayin'

Trinity
08-20-2011, 08:42 AM
You can actually delete and disable your web history in Google....

Here's the link....

https://www.google.com/accounts/DeleteService?service=hist

KartRacerBoy
08-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Butt...butt...butt, Google gets me the best pRon!!!!! :salute: