A truly wonderful - to the point of incomprehensible - thought

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/photo-107.png

Shades of Babylon 5.

sundaydriver
02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Just call me Carbon.

Palin Rider
02-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Another equally accurate way to put it is that we are all made of nuclear waste.

Gaffer
02-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Another equally accurate way to put it is that we are all made of nuclear waste.

We know what kind of waste your made of and it ain't nuclear.

Palin Rider
02-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Atoms from stars that exploded are nuclear waste, but of course you're too steeped in ignorance to realize that.

Gaffer
02-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Atoms from stars that exploded are nuclear waste, but of course you're too steeped in ignorance to realize that.

Thank you for proving my point.

Palin Rider
02-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Thank you for proving my point.

And thanks for proving Emerson's below.

Noir
02-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Pointless flame is pointless >,>

Palin Rider
02-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Pointless flame is pointless >,>

He doesn't care, Noir. Never has, never will. :bang3:

BoogyMan
02-26-2011, 08:11 PM

Sounds like your version of religion, Noir? I thought you were above all that?

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 12:26 AM

That is wonderful, Noir, Thanks

Psychoblues

Noir
02-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Sounds like your version of religion, Noir? I thought you were above all that?

=/
nothing to do with religion, tis scientific fact, Stars are the great elemental cookers, anything that isn't hydrogen came from a star.

red states rule
02-27-2011, 08:19 AM

You re mostly made up of

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/amcubanb/bullshit.gif

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 01:12 PM
You re mostly made up of

Would you like another Ignorance Ribbon to decorate your mom's basement wall?

Noir
02-27-2011, 01:36 PM
You re mostly made up of

Now mods pointlessly flaming?
>,>

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 06:30 PM
>,>

Are you being facetious, Noir? Are you just now noticing the inexplicable harassing, flaming, and trolling by certain mods here? Check the post counts on the front page and check the mods that regularly post. Were it not for their idiocies and examples of acceptable behavior the rest of us couldn't have any fun!!!!!!! The only time I get pissed at any of them is when they give me a rash of crap or even ban me for the same shit they do over and over and over again day after day.

:salute::laugh2::salute:

Fuck the Queen!!!!!

Psychoblues

jimnyc
02-27-2011, 06:41 PM
>,>

Are you being facetious, Noir? Are you just now noticing the inexplicable harassing, flaming, and trolling by certain mods here? Check the post counts on the front page and check the mods that regularly post. Were it not for their idiocies and examples of acceptable behavior the rest of us couldn't have any fun!!!!!!! The only time I get pissed at any of them is when they give me a rash of crap or even ban me for the same shit they do over and over and over again day after day.

Fuck the Queen!!!!!

Psychoblues

A moderator is only a mod when performing duties. Outside of that they are regular posters like everyone else and have the right to post like everyone else. As for the 2 of you, I ask that you treat them as such unless they are acting in a decision making capacity and lay off the critiquing of staff publicly - especially you psycho, as you have a long history of abusing staff.

/end of staff discussion, please continue on subject of the thread

Noir
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM

Fuck the Queen!!!!!

Psychoblues

it's certainly not regular, or something many mods do, imo the mods here are allot better than other forums I'm on, but nonetheless a mod pointlessly flaming, as RSR did here, somewhat undermines the role he's meant to carry out. Just sayin', I'm sure rsr doesn't care though, and nor should he tbh.

Noir
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I wrote my post as you were writing yours ergo continued the discussion after you, however, given the (very wrong IMO) attitude of "A moderator is only a mod when performing duties" where can such a discussion be held?

jimnyc
02-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I wrote my post as you were writing yours ergo continued the discussion after you, however, given the (very wrong IMO) attitude of "A moderator is only a mod when performing duties" where can such a discussion be held?

You PM an administrator if you have an issue with a staff member and one of us will handle the issue. I'm confident many others here will vouch for the fact that I properly handle every issue presented to me.

Again, lets move forward.

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 07:06 PM
A moderator is only a mod when performing duties. Outside of that they are regular posters like everyone else and have the right to post like everyone else. As for the 2 of you, I ask that you treat them as such unless they are acting in a decision making capacity and lay off the critiquing of staff publicly - especially you psycho, as you have a long history of abusing staff.

/end of staff discussion, please continue on subject of the thread

I don't know where staff positions/duties/expectations stop and start as they change so often, jimbo. Some of your staff constantly calls me names, accuses me of everything but being an American, follows me around to ridicule everything I say or comment on, just how long do I need to go on or how much do you need to have to accept my remarks as an accurate portrayal of your moderators inexcusable treatment of me and many other posters still here and many that are long gone?

Please tell your moderators to lay off my ass and I'll do my best to avoid them. You have one in particular that I've only spoken to once in the last 5 or so years and that was to tell him to leave me alone as I have left him alone for all these years but even today he enters into conversations in which I am a participant and starts his smartass crap. I know you know about it, jimbo, but you ignore it.

These moderators represent you and your board as long as they wear the moderator or administrator title beside or under their posting names, jimbo.

Feigning shock isn't becoming to you, jimbo.

Mods pointlessly flaming? In damned deed.

I think it says in the bible there isn't anything new under the sun. I take that to mean atoms as well. Everything just gets rearranged one way or another. Again, thanks for your wonderful contribution, Noir.

Psychoblues

jimnyc
02-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I know you know about it, jimbo, but you ignore it.

I'd help you better if you weren't a damn liar. 99% of the confrontations you get into are flames that you initiate. And I ALWAYS help everyone who contacts me privately, regardless of political leanings, and I can get MANY people to back this up. YOU choose to fight with people non-stop and then contact me as if you are an innocent party. It's YOU who continually, for years, condemn staff publicly rather than follow the rules and contact me or another admin for help. How many times have you been banned for this conduct? Take the upper road and contact me when you see something you take issue with and you'll see different results.

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 10:32 PM
One thing we ALL know is that there is an "old guard" here that makes a concerted effort to drive away anyone whose politics they disagree with. Most of them are not mods, but some are.

How can it be worth giving them such a disproportionate degree of power?

Kathianne
02-27-2011, 10:41 PM
One thing we ALL know is that there is an "old guard" here that makes a concerted effort to drive away anyone whose politics they disagree with. Most of them are not mods, but some are.

How can it be worth giving them such a disproportionate degree of power?

How does 'the old guard' have disproportionate power? Is expressing a pov driving away those that don't agree? If so, too bad. Is it that some posters don't want to play with one line wonders? Again, too bad.

Personally I'd love to see more liberals that would disagree with some intelligence on things posted. While I don't miss MFM's nastiness, when he was in the right mood he could at least make an argument and back it up. If one could counter it, he'd look around to counter that. At his best he was very good. At his worst, unforgivable but that was as a person, not a thinker.

A little less whining and a little more substance would help those of you on the left quite a bit.

jimnyc
02-28-2011, 05:41 AM
Thread closed. I asked for discussion about staff to be directed to PM's if anyone has an issue. I've been closing threads like this when people cannot follow the rules and in the future I will issue bans as it appears the requests are ignored.