PDA

View Full Version : Gallup poll: Ronald Reagan greatest President

Little-Acorn
02-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Once the screaming of the leftist fanatics dies down and their heroes continue their slow slide, history usually gets it right eventually.

--------------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-national/presidents-day-2011-greatest-presidents-of-all-time-gallup-poll

Presidents Day 2011: Greatest Presidents of All-Time - Gallup Poll

February 18th, 2011 11:34 pm ET

According to this year's Presidents Day Gallup Poll, President Ronald Reagan is the Greatest President of All-Time. In the past 12 years, Reagan, President Abraham Lincoln, and President John F. Kennedy have consistently shared time at the top of the list.

Presidents Day, the third Monday in February, is often thought to celebrate President George Washington's birthday as he was the first President of the United States, and his actual birthday is on February 22nd. However, the latest version of the celebrated holiday is for all Presidents. Washington, incidentally, came in at number five this year.

The Greatest Presidents (as of February 2011) are:

Ronald Reagan (19% of the total vote)

Abraham Lincoln (14% of the total vote)

Bill Clinton (13% of the total vote)

John F. Kennedy (11% of the total vote)

George Washington (10% of the total vote)

Kathianne
02-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Once the screaming of the leftist fanatics dies down and their heroes continue their slow slide, history usually gets it right eventually.

--------------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-national/presidents-day-2011-greatest-presidents-of-all-time-gallup-poll

Presidents Day 2011: Greatest Presidents of All-Time - Gallup Poll

February 18th, 2011 11:34 pm ET

According to this year's Presidents Day Gallup Poll, President Ronald Reagan is the Greatest President of All-Time. In the past 12 years, Reagan, President Abraham Lincoln, and President John F. Kennedy have consistently shared time at the top of the list.

Presidents Day, the third Monday in February, is often thought to celebrate President George Washington's birthday as he was the first President of the United States, and his actual birthday is on February 22nd. However, the latest version of the celebrated holiday is for all Presidents. Washington, incidentally, came in at number five this year.

The Greatest Presidents (as of February 2011) are:

Ronald Reagan (19% of the total vote)

Abraham Lincoln (14% of the total vote)

Bill Clinton (13% of the total vote)

John F. Kennedy (11% of the total vote)

George Washington (10% of the total vote)

Something is wrong with how they asked or whom they asked. 3 of the 5 at minimum do not belong in that group.

Noir
02-21-2011, 06:41 PM
How many people can name all the presidents, never mind access all of their terms and then equate them to eachother in the context of the terms of their presidency =/

Pointlss poll is pointless.

02-21-2011, 11:55 PM
I think Calvin Coolidge should be on that list. Love that guy

logroller
02-22-2011, 12:01 AM
How many people can name all the presidents, never mind access all of their terms and then equate them to eachother in the context of the terms of their presidency =/

Name all the presidents? Honestly, id have trouble doing that, but I'd give a quarter to those that could name ten within a century? Truth is most people have no idea what our presidents actually accomplished. I'd bet Reagan fans understand him to have defeated communism and nothing more. Better yet- name 10 current congressmen, present company excluded.( you all actually pay attn, placing u among an elite class who demonstrate political awareness.) That's the problem with representative democracy: most people just dont bother with the affairs of state beyond what mass media deems important. We have become a nation akin to the proverbial lambs, led about at the whim of popular attention, our slaughter no less imminent.

Little-Acorn
02-22-2011, 12:19 AM
We have become a nation akin to the proverbial lambs, led about at the whim of popular attention, our slaughter no less imminent.

Well, what are you going to do about it?

Kathianne
02-22-2011, 09:19 AM

I can. :laugh:

Noir
02-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I can. :laugh:

Theres always one showoff xD

logroller
02-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Well, what are you going to do about it?

I make it a point to talk to one person a day about personal responsibility. How tough decisions don't score many points, but need to be made; not at the polls or congress, but with our pocketbooks.

Though mostly, I just bitch and complain :laugh2:

Little-Acorn
02-22-2011, 12:35 PM
How many people can name all the presidents,

Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Grumpy, Dopey, and Doc.

So there. :p

Noir
02-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Grumpy, Dopey, and Doc.

So there. :p

You forgot Clin-...Sleazy!
;D