PDA

View Full Version : think third worlders will follow this............

manu1959
05-07-2007, 06:39 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21684156-5009760,00.html

Professor Guillebaud says that, as a general guideline, couples should produce no more than two offspring.

05-07-2007, 06:46 PM

Professor Guillebaud says that, as a general guideline, couples should produce no more than two offspring.

So much for the so called intellectuals of society...

I suggest we completely ignore this man

Trigg
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM

The British fertility rate is 1.7. The EU average is 1.5.

Meanwhile the African fertility rate is around 4 children per woman.

With so many people choosing to have only 1 child large families should not be discouraged.

Look at the US even with so many people having big families our fertility rate is still below 2.1 (replacement).

Said1
05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
The world is over populated.

05-07-2007, 07:01 PM

nonsense.

manu1959
05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Professor Guillebaud's wife Gwyneth is a nurse and works in a children's hospice: they have two sons and one daughter.

http://www.ecotimecapsule.com/jg-cv.html

that would be 3 kids.....

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Professor Guillebaud's wife Gwyneth is a nurse and works in a children's hospice: they have two sons and one daughter.

http://www.ecotimecapsule.com/jg-cv.html

that would be 3 kids.....

:laugh2: I SWEAR China is spraying STUPID DUST over the world--mind boggling !!!

Trigg
05-07-2007, 07:15 PM

Europe is paying people to have children. The only countries replacing themselves are third world and even their fertility rates are going down.

loosecannon
05-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Europe is paying people to have children. The only countries replacing themselves are third world and even their fertility rates are going down.

That is because the overall population curve is already begining to level as it approaches it's peak.

Baring calamity we should have 12 billion people on earth by 2050. Which is 4 times the population at the time of my birth.

We have FAR too many people on earth.

How we reconcile the facts that the poorest people are having the most children and the "succesful" 1st world nations are all suffering from negative population growth prospects is a question.

So far the answer has been selective immigration policies.

But there are FAR too many people.

Almost ALL of the worlds pressing problems begin with overpopulation.

Psychoblues
05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Some get it, most don't.

That is because the overall population curve is already begining to level as it approaches it's peak.

Baring calamity we should have 12 billion people on earth by 2050. Which is 4 times the population at the time of my birth.

We have FAR too many people on earth.

How we reconcile the facts that the poorest people are having the most children and the "succesful" 1st world nations are all suffering from negative population growth prospects is a question.

So far the answer has been selective immigration policies.

But there are FAR too many people.

Almost ALL of the worlds pressing problems begin with overpopulation.

Education is key in this issue and the populators don't have a prayers chance in hell for that education in the political climate of today's corporate world.

manu1959
05-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Some get it, most don't.

education is key in this issue and the populators don't have a prayers chance in hell for that education in the political climate of today's corporate world.

i person that can't feed or take care of one child has 6....and we need to educate them?......i say they are beyond help...

loosecannon
05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
i person that can't feed or take care of one child has 6....and we need to educate them?......i say they are beyond help...

Which person are you talking about? Because most people in the third woprld with 6 kids do an exemplary job of assuring survival of their kids, hence the mortality and population rates.

Education ios key as Psychoblues points out because there is a direct relationship between an adults level of education and the number of kids.

More education = fewer kids.

This is SO true that the industrialized world is not having enough children to maintain population equilibrium.

Psychoblues
05-07-2007, 10:49 PM
DIG THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which person are you talking about? Because most people in the third woprld with 6 kids do an exemplary job of assuring survival of their kids, hence the mortality and population rates.

Education ios key as Psychoblues points out because there is a direct relationship between an adults level of education and the number of kids.

This is SO true that the industrialized world is not having enough children to maintain population equilibrium.

And Thank You very much, lc. But I don't expect those educated beyond their intelligence to grasp your meanings.

manu1959
05-07-2007, 11:09 PM

birth rate...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Birth_rate_figures_for_countries.PNG

mortality rate...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortality_rate

will you look at that.....

Said1
05-08-2007, 03:30 PM
It's a matter of land, or better available land used for agriculture. Canada doesn't have much, making it over populated at our present rates of increase (both natural and immigration). Our prime areas are being overfarmed or sucked up by urban sprawl. Now, try and tell my this is only a Canadian phenomenon? The European population might be declining due to lower birth rates, but immigration still affects population growth. etc, etc.

Said1
05-08-2007, 03:31 PM
nonsense.

Prove it, dude. :) :poke:

Seriously, how to you come to that conclusion?

TheSage
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM

I view this as a relationship between birth rates and materialism. When people become more materialistic, they use funds for a new car, instead of for having new kids. this is a meme implanted into our society specifically to decimate our population.

Monkeybone
05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
i thought kids were cheaper by the dozen....

Trigg
05-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I'll try to find a fertility map.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2127rank.html

of the 222 countries

80 have 3 or more children.

100 have below replacement fertility.

the rest hover between 2 & 3

The world is not overpopulated.

There are also many countries now with more deaths than births.

Hagbard Celine
05-08-2007, 03:52 PM
i thought kids were cheaper by the dozen....

Weak

Monkeybone
05-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Weak

damn. i try.

Hagbard Celine
05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
damn. i try.

:laugh:

Monkeybone
05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
i don't see how the world is overpopulated. there are places that the population is too dense i can agree with that, but in total we still have room.

Said1
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Sure there is room, however, if there are buildings on all the available land for growing things, what do you suppose would happen? Like I said, natural rates of increase isn't the only factor. I wish i felt like looking for the chart I had showing soil grades vs population growth. You would be scared. At least if you lived in Canada - and I'm far from a catasrophist. I like granola and sandles though, yogurt too. :laugh2:

Try the population reference bureau, prb.org (i think.....just google it). IT'll give you all the stats you need. Anyone know who has the highest rate of natural increase?

One other thing, many (that's right, I said many, not all) countries that do have high rates of natural increase, also have short life expectancies. I suppose you could say it balances out in the end....then there's emmergration (that's the right word, eh?).