PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like a DP member wants to shoot Obama

Palin Rider
02-26-2011, 03:09 PM
This putz should have his SSI and Medicare yanked. Then he can learn what conservatism means.

Feorgia Republican Congressman Paul Broun now says he was stunned after an elderly man at a town hall meeting said, "Who is going to shoot Obama?"
Two witnesses told a Talking Points Memo reporter that Broun laughed along with the audience to the question. ...

So what did Broun say in response to the question?

"The thing is, I know there's a lot of frustration with this president," according to the Athens Banner-Herald. "We're going to have an election next year. Hopefully, we'll elect somebody that's going to be a conservative, limited-government president ... who will sign a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare."

"There's a lot of frustration"? Broun essentially tied shooting the president of the United States to those not happy with President Obama's policies.
Source (http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/02/26/martin.broun.obama.comment/index.html)

Gaffer
02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I see nothing in this article that relates to a DP member.

Palin Rider
02-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I see nothing in this article that relates to a DP member.

Plenty of cranky old farts in Georgia are on this board. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you made a road trip down there recently.

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Plenty of cranky old farts in Georgia are on this board. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you made a road trip down there recently.

Probably one of these Westboro Baptist Church supporters here or one of their ilk, don't you think?

Psychoblues

Nukeman
02-27-2011, 12:51 AM
Probably one of these Westboro Baptist Church supporters here or one of their ilk, don't you think?

PsychobluesOnce again you bring up "westboro supporters" You have yet to provide anyone on here who actually supports them!!! Put up or shut up!!!

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Once again you bring up "westboro supporters" You have yet to provide anyone on here who actually supports them!!! Put up or shut up!!!

Are you saying you're not one of them? I would not know if you don't. Rightwingers acquiesce to the bastards all the time and I really don't think you're any different. Put up or shut up? Indeed.

Psychoblues

Nukeman
02-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Are you saying you're not one of them? I would not know if you don't. Rightwingers acquiesce to the bastards all the time and I really don't think you're any different. Put up or shut up? Indeed.

PsychobluesTell ya what numbnuts, I would gladly do the jail time to punch every one of those smug bastards in the face. They are reprehensible and disgusting. They DO NOT stand for anything remotely religious in nature or for anyone on this board and for you to suggest such a thing really is telling of how you and your ilk think!!!!

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Tell ya what numbnuts, I would gladly do the jail time to punch every one of those smug bastards in the face. They are reprehensible and disgusting. They DO NOT stand for anything remotely religious in nature or for anyone on this board and for you to suggest such a thing really is telling of how you and your ilk think!!!!

I don't know about any of that, Nm. I do know that silent acquiescence is as good as approval and I have proof that many on this board would gladly give me a rash of crap and never lift one finger or say one word to in any way disown the WBC bunch that more readily identifies with Christians and rightwingers. While I am also a Christian I am certainly not the kind of Christian that the WBC or even most members of this board actually are. They're all peas in the same pod as far as I'm concerned.

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-27-2011, 05:55 AM

Psychoblues

You must be drunk again PB. I posted many videos of conservatives (and yes even hosts on Fox news) ripping them to pieces

Sober up son and go back to your thread and watch them

Unless your goal is like PR to be only a troll and ignore any evidence that destroys your lies

DragonStryk72
02-27-2011, 05:56 AM
I don't know about any of that, Nm. I do know that silent acquiescence is as good as approval and I have proof that many on this board would gladly give me a rash of crap and never lift one finger or say one word to in any way disown the WBC bunch that more readily identifies with Christians and rightwingers. While I am also a Christian I am certainly not the kind of Christian that the WBC or even most members of this board actually are. They're all peas in the same pod as far as I'm concerned.

Psychoblues

Okay,so other than whining about them on here, and slandering people who aren't connected to them (a.k.a. us), what have you done, fellow Christian? Nothing so far as I can tell, so basically, you're saying that you support them by your own statement.

As for the OP, this is just plain trolling PR. Broun was trying to be reasonable, and for politicians it's difficult. Look at the number of times Biden's gotten taken to cleaners because of one verbal slip. He can't exactly be like, "Sit down you stupid bastard. What the hell is a matter with you?" He did speak against it, but in such a way as not to provoke already riled group of people, so you really have no ground here. I know, it hurts, but you can tell from his statement that he's trying to get it through to people that violence is completely unnecessary since he can just be voted out next year.

As for accusing anyone on here of getting ready to assassinate the president, you better have some serious damned evidence to back you up. Again, this was pure trolling, PR.

jimnyc
02-27-2011, 06:59 AM
As for accusing anyone on here of getting ready to assassinate the president, you better have some serious damned evidence to back you up. Again, this was pure trolling, PR.

Quoting this for importance. I know people joke, and I really don't see an outright accusation - but if someone WERE to actually cross that line, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to take corrective action. Trolling and flaming can be acceptable and funny at times, but serious false accusations had better come with irrefutable proof.

/rant over

Noir
02-27-2011, 07:28 AM
I am that Georgian mans man.

I will shoot Obama.

I just can't afford the plane tickets, yet.

:3

red states rule
02-27-2011, 07:30 AM

You are determined to keep your title and defend it against all opponents aren't you? :laugh2:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?30832-We-Have-A-New-Champion!!!!!!!!

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 01:08 PM
You are determined to keep your title and defend it against all opponents aren't you? :laugh2:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?30832-We-Have-A-New-Champion!!!!!!!!

But Burger King Kid, why would I care about a title that only 5 people can legally see?

Unless, of course, one of them breaks the rules and intentionally posts private info on a forum thread. Naughty naughty. :no:

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 01:18 PM
As for the OP, this is just plain trolling PR. Broun was trying to be reasonable, and for politicians it's difficult. Look at the number of times Biden's gotten taken to cleaners because of one verbal slip. He can't exactly be like, "Sit down you stupid bastard. What the hell is a matter with you?"The hell he can't. People had better learn that shooting the POTUS is not a topic to joke about, "riled" or not.

As for accusing anyone on here of getting ready to assassinate the president, you better have some serious damned evidence to back you up.
Don't be a paranoid idiot. I didn't name a name, did I?

revelarts
02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Palin and Psycho,

I don't get it.
why is it that you don't want be holes as certain types of leftist or christian or communist.
that you want to judged by you words and not others. but you
regularly
put others on the board in the worse possibly groups as associates, members or true sympathizers.

Saying DP folks "went to GA" to talk about killing O or are "christians like WBC ,AS FAR AS I"M CONCERNED".

Is not even close to fair, or reality even.
I know there are those on the left and the right who do it regularly but as the minority view on this board i don't see how you make your points by imagining the people here as the worse of the worse of the right.

Unless your just trying to get a rise out of folks, if that's the case . well mission accomplished.

Trigg
02-27-2011, 01:27 PM

I will shoot Obama.

not something to joke about Noir, the secret service does not have a sense of humor.

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
I know there are those on the left and the right who do it regularly but as the minority view on this board i don't see how you make your points by imagining the people here as the worse of the worse of the right.

It isn't anyone's imagination. There is a minority group here on this board who genuinely IS the worst of the worst of the right. (Some of them even have mod privileges and like to abuse those.)

Kathianne
02-27-2011, 02:15 PM
It isn't anyone's imagination. There is a minority group here on this board who genuinely IS the worst of the worst of the right. (Some of them even have mod privileges and like to abuse those.)

You are so blinded by those that refuse to engage you or those who disagree with that you are projecting all sorts of behaviors that are not there. You flame and taunt then wonder why you get burnt.

Sail away with your super powers.

DragonStryk72
02-27-2011, 02:31 PM
The hell he can't. People had better learn that shooting the POTUS is not a topic to joke about, "riled" or not.

Don't be a paranoid idiot. I didn't name a name, did I?

No you didn't, cause that would have taken balls, and a degree of personal responsibility.

No, he can't, and you know why? Because people like you would post it everywhere on the internet, and slam him for going off. You'd conveniently skip any good that he did, just like you did with this article. Screw him for not being a complete asshole and trying to reason with people! This is the attitude you present here.

Noir
02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
not something to joke about Noir, the secret service does not have a sense of humor.

Who's joking? ;D

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 02:38 PM
You are so blinded by those that refuse to engage you or those who disagree with that you are projecting all sorts of behaviors that are not there.

Actions speak louder than words.

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 02:41 PM
No, he can't, and you know why? Because people like you would post it everywhere on the internet, and slam him for going off. You'd conveniently skip any good that he did, just like you did with this article.
Do you know how asinine that statement is? When you're a public figure, someone is going to slam you regardless of what you do. All politicians know better than to let pundits and forum chatter make their decisions for them.

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Palin and Psycho,

I don't get it.
why is it that you don't want be holes as certain types of leftist or christian or communist.
that you want to judged by you words and not others. but you
regularly
put others on the board in the worse possibly groups as associates, members or true sympathizers.

Saying DP folks "went to GA" to talk about killing O or are "christians like WBC ,AS FAR AS I"M CONCERNED".

Unless your just trying to get a rise out of folks, if that's the case . well mission accomplished.

I don't quite understand your points as you make too many grammatical mistakes for competent response but I'll do my best. You seem to be upset that PR and I include you in a group or groups that you deny. Sorry you feel that way but I haven't accused you of belonging to any group. I do include the WBC bunch and the Georgia asshole that asked "Who is going to shoot Obama?" in the rightwing side of the political spectrum. And whether you like it or not I think I could prove beyond any reasonable doubt that my observations in these accords is correct. People on this board constantly make wild and false accusations about liberals, Democrats, etc. but unless I think they are speaking directly to or about me I ignore it. I consider most hyperbole to just not apply to me in any way.

Love them or hate them, Obama haters and holier than thou Christians that like to protest homosexuality at funerals belong to YOU.

Psychoblues

jimnyc
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM

The hell he can't. People had better learn that shooting the POTUS is not a topic to joke about, "riled" or not.

Look at the title of this thread and your subsequent posts. Sounds to me like YOU are making a joke out of it, at the expense of others, and then later claim it's nothing to joke about. Very odd.

jimnyc
02-27-2011, 05:19 PM

I will shoot Obama.

Who's joking? ;D

Wow, I am dumbfounded that you would publicly write something like this. Even when joking, the SS takes these types of things very seriously. And don't think that because you live in another country that you can't be reached. Again, I know you're "joking", but you have seriously crossed the line. I will not even move and/or remove this thread or posts as I will not be complicit in covering up something that someone may or may not have already recorded or submitted a complaint about. I suggest you do a little background reading on people in the past who have made "innocent" threats about a US President online, and what types of visitors they received as a result. Whether the words actually meet the criteria of the statute that covers threats against the President is another story - but I really would not want to deal with the Feds and explain to them why someone is even joking about this. And yes, I would get the first visit as owner of the website.

You may not see this as something serious - but it's like yelling BOMB on an airplane while laughing and then stating it was a joke. Or yelling FIRE in a theater and claiming the same.