PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Make This Stuff Up

Kathianne
02-27-2011, 09:43 AM
This reminds me of why Michelle Obama gets criticized lately on 'the do as I say' front:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/marion_alachua/022511-former-president-of-madd-arrested-for-dui

Former president of MADD arrested for DUI

Updated: Friday, 25 Feb 2011, 8:59 PM EST
Published : Friday, 25 Feb 2011, 12:05 PM EST

MARION COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A woman who was the former president of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving chapter in Gainesville has been arrested for drunk driving.

Debra Oberlin, 48, was arrested around 1:00 a.m. February 18 after police say the car she was driving was swerving on Northwest 39th Street. According to the arrest report she was given two breathalyzer tests and measured .234 and .239. The limit in Florida is .08.

red states rule
02-27-2011, 09:45 AM
This reminds me of why Michelle Obama gets criticized lately on 'the do as I say' front:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/marion_alachua/022511-former-president-of-madd-arrested-for-dui

I did laugh Kat, but then I thought if this idiot caused an accident and killed someone

When it comes to drunk drivers I say one strike and you are out. You get one chance to clean up your act and if you are busted a second time you go to JAIL

Kathianne
02-27-2011, 09:53 AM
I did laugh Kat, but then I thought if this idiot caused an accident and killed someone

When it comes to drunk drivers I say one strike and you are out. You get one chance to clean up your act and if you are busted a second time you go to JAIL

You'd have my vote. What bothers me is the sanctimony of those advocating causes, then going on themselves. Very Marie Antoinette moments. :laugh:

red states rule
02-27-2011, 09:57 AM
You'd have my vote. What bothers me is the sanctimony of those advocating causes, then going on themselves. Very Marie Antoinette moments. :laugh:

How true

We have global warming advocates jetting around in private jets and living in mansions

We have those calling for higher taxes on us being caught cheating on their taxes

Now this

Yet I have a feeling the liberal media will ignore/bury this story Kat - as they do whenever one of their idols gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar

Palin Rider
02-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Yes, it's amusing, but tying it to Michelle is a stretch that would shock even Rubber Man.

Psychoblues
02-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Yes, it's amusing, but tying it to Michelle is a stretch that would shock even Rubber Man.

Exactly my thoughts, PR. On the other hand and more to the actual topic at hand, many members of MADD have alcohol problems already and are searching desperately for society to give them more reasons to avoid alcohol. Instead we have jerks trying to be funny, I guess, by comparing her to whatever or whomever, demonstrating hate and intolerance and just generally being ignorant of the entire alcohol experience. Just more reasons why I no longer drink and why I would never again consider any active life amongst the faux conservatives that now inhabit our dear country. I often wonder where all that hate, fearmongering, anger, wilful ignorance and intolerance comes from. None of that were values taught to me by MY parents, teachers or even by my military leaders whose responsibility was to indoctrinate me into killing without thinking and immediately as ordered.

Psychoblues

Palin Rider
02-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Exactly my thoughts, PR. On the other hand and more to the actual topic at hand, many members of MADD have alcohol problems already and are searching desperately for society to give them more reasons to avoid alcohol. Instead we have jerks trying to be funny, I guess, by comparing her to whatever or whomever, demonstrating hate and intolerance and just generally being ignorant of the entire alcohol experience. Just more reasons why I no longer drink and why I would never again consider any active life amongst the faux conservatives that now inhabit our dear country. I often wonder where all that hate, fearmongering, anger, wilful ignorance and intolerance comes from. None of that were values taught to me by MY parents, teachers or even by my military leaders whose responsibility was to indoctrinate me into killing without thinking and immediately as ordered.

:clap:
Next up: the passive-aggressive whine about how the OP isn't interested in engaging in discussion with those who use one-liners...