PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Lies About "Violent Wisconsin Protests"

pete311
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
"palm trees in Wisconsin? you cant explain that!" - haha!

look for the palm trees in the clip. trust me, there are no palms in madison

RClJ6vK9x_4

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Shocking, simply shocking, I tell you.

Psychoblues

pete311
03-02-2011, 11:40 AM
unfortunately it's nothing new

JS1NWYV1i_E

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
unfortunately it's nothing new

JS1NWYV1i_E

I wish that I could see your videos, pete, but I'm having to run on my ram only and it just isn't working out well for me. And there are a number on the board that have dial up connections and could never view videos at all. Could you explain a little about what is going on in them?

Thanks!!!

Psychoblues

logroller
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Ahhh, come on. Misinformation by the media, specifically fox news-- Par for the course. Though I do respect Shawn Hannity, at least he publically 'fessed up to it. I may not agree with him, but he is a stand-up character.:salute:

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Ahhh, come on. Misinformation by the media, specifically fox news-- Par for the course. Though I do respect Shawn Hannity, at least he publically 'fessed up to it. I may not agree with him, but he is a stand-up character.:salute:

Shawn Hannity, stand-up character, why does oxymoron keep rattling around in my head when I see that?

Psychoblues

Nukeman
03-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Shawn Hannity, stand-up character, why does oxymoron keep rattling around in my head when I see that?

Psychoblues

kinda' like psycholblues and intelligent discourse!!!:laugh:

Noir
03-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Lol, what idiots, they must if known someone would know.
It's rare to find a news company so deliberately making up news, have they released a statement regarding this?

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 03:44 PM
kinda' like psycholblues and intelligent discourse!!!:laugh:

I don't know psycholblues. Trademark violation, possibly?

Intelligent discourse? Hell, Nm, you know by now if I don't have an answer I'll make up something good real damned quick!!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

jimnyc
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Always someone who will read garbage from left wing shit sites, believe them, and report it here as fact. How about we read the entire story? Sorry to burst YOUR lie... I mean bubble, Pete.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/no-fox-news-did-not-lie-with-wisconsin-palm-tree-violent-protest-video/

And the video:

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=5Y42710YJTZNGJ02&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Always someone who will read garbage from left wing shit sites, believe them, and report it here as fact. How about we read the entire story? Sorry to burst YOUR lie... I mean bubble, Pete.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/no-fox-news-did-not-lie-with-wisconsin-palm-tree-violent-protest-video/

And the video:

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=5Y42710YJTZNGJ02&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Although I am still uncertain as to the accuracy of the original charge I do know for a fact that FoxNews and virtually all of their anchors and guest hosts tell some pretty tall tales. That aside, in this case the so called liberal media is not all over this subject. For what reason I could only speculate they are unhappy with the veracity of the story as it appears now all over the internets.

Are Bill O'Really's lips moving?

Psychoblues

Trigg
03-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Although I am still uncertain as to the accuracy of the original charge I do know for a fact that FoxNews and virtually all of their anchors and guest hosts tell some pretty tall tales. That aside, in this case the so called liberal media is not all over this subject. For what reason I could only speculate they are unhappy with the veracity of the story as it appears now all over the internets.

Psychoblues

At least FOX tries to tell both sides of the story. If you only listened to MSNBC you'd think bambam was the second coming.

Maddow and the piece of shit Olberman are the worst for their slamming of anything conservative.

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
At least FOX tries to tell both sides of the story. If you only listened to MSNBC you'd think bambam was the second coming.

Maddow and the piece of shit Olberman are the worst for their slamming of anything conservative.

Trigg, could you provide some specifics or are you just slamming anchors that are not part of this conversation? That seems to be the only excuse that rightwingers have nowadays is to excuse their own stupidities, prejudices, lies and other general shortcomings by pointing out the same in other isolated incidents and even then in getting to the whole truth, as it looks like jimnyc is attempting to do in this case, the accusations reveal incomplete information at best and out and out lies most of the time.

Grown people usually get over it.

Psychoblues

Trigg
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Trigg, could you provide some specifics or are you just slamming anchors that are not part of this conversation? That seems to be the only excuse that rightwingers have nowadays is to excuse their own stupidities, prejudices, lies and other general shortcomings by pointing out the same in other isolated incidents and even then in getting to the whole truth, as it looks like jimnyc is attempting to do in this case, the accusations reveal incomplete information at best and out and out lies most of the time.

Psychoblues

Did I miss the section in your post where you provided specifics before slamming FOX and it's anchors??? :lame2:

BoogyMan
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
<snicker> all this said while defending doing EXACTLY what you claim Trigg has done.

Hypocrisy suits you.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Did I miss the section in your post where you provided specifics before slamming FOX and it's anchors??? :lame2:

I dunno, Trigg. Check some of these out for you should I say "misinformed" reading pleasure:

Source: TPM

By: Jillian Rayfield

Breaking? Study Finds Fox News Viewers Are The Most Misinformed

To perhaps nobody's surprise, a study released this week finds that Fox News viewers are the most misinformed of any news consumers.

The University of Maryland study, called "Misinformation and the 2010 Election," looked at "variations in misinformation by exposure to news sources," among other things, and specifically newspapers and news magazines (in print and online), network TV news broadcasts, NPR and PBS, Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN.

The study found that daily Fox News viewers, regardless of political party, were "significantly" more likely than non-viewers to erroneously believe that:

More: http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/12/breaking-study-finds-fox-news-viewers-are-the-most-misinformed.php

FoxNews Viewers Overwhelmingly Misinformed About Health Care Reform Proposals

Source: Think Progress

By: Matt Corley

Last night, NBC News and the Wall Street Journal released a poll showing that “all the misinformation out there” about health care reform proposals in Congress is taking root with many Americans. For instance, 45 percent believe the false claim that legislation includes “death panels” while 55 percent believe the false claim that coverage will be extended to illegal immigrants. MSNBC’s First Read notes that self-identified viewers of Fox News are disproportionately misinformed:

Here’s another way to look at the misinformation: In our poll, 72% of self-identified FOX News viewers believe the health-care plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79% of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69% think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75% believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly. But it would be incorrect to suggest that this is ONLY coming from conservative viewers who tune in to FOX. In fact, 41% of CNN/MSNBC viewers believe the misinformation about illegal immigrants, 39% believe the government takeover stuff, 40% believe the abortion misperception, and 30% believe the stuff about pulling the plug on grandma. What’s more, a good chunk of folks who get their news from broadcast TV (NBC, ABC, CBS) believe these things, too. This is about credible messengers using the media to get some of this misinformation out there, not as much about the filter itself. These numbers should worry Democratic operatives, as well as the news media that have been covering this story.

As ThinkProgress has pointed out, Fox News regularly distorts the truth about health care reform. Last week, Media Matters found that over a two day period opponents of health care reform outnumbered supporters by a 6-to-1 margin on Fox.

More: http://thinkprogress.org/2009/08/19/fox-news-viewers-misinformed/

Source: Media Matters For Americaq

By: Month by Month Collection of Off the Rails FoxNews Misinformation

[B]Off The Rails: The Year In Fox News Misinformation

January

Hume Counsels Tiger Woods To Ditch Buddhism To "Make A Total Recovery." On the January 3 edition of Fox News Sunday, Brit Hume commented on the scandal surrounding golfer Tiger Woods: "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption offered by the Christian faith. So my message to Tiger would be, 'Tiger, turn your faith -- turn to the Christian faith, and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world.' " Hume's attack on Buddhism was criticized by religious leaders, but endorsed by Hume's Fox News colleagues Tucker Carlson and Fred Barnes. Hume stood by his comments despite the criticism.

Fox Hires Palin As A Contributor. On January 11, The New York Times reported that Fox News had hired former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as a contributor who "would appear on the network's programming on a regular basis as part of a multiyear deal." Her well-established record of pushing falsehoods notwithstanding, Palin said that she would provide "the fair and the balanced reporting and analysis that voters in this country deserve." One of her first Fox News appearances was an hour-long interview with Glenn Beck on January 13 in which the two misled on the Federal Reserve, and Beck read to Palin from his diary.

Fox Campaigns For Scott Brown. In the run-up to the January 19 special Senate election in Massachusetts, Fox News hosted Republican candidate Scott Brown several times for softball interviews and provided a forum for Brown to raise funds. Fox News personalities like Dick Morris made explicit appeals on Brown's behalf, telling viewers to "please, please help" Brown. Stuart Varney claimed that "your 401(k) could do well" in response to a Brown victory, and Bret Baier compared Brown's candidacy to the "Miracle on Ice."
February

Fox Campaign Season Heats Up. Following Scott Brown's victory in Massachusetts, Fox began promoting more Republican Senate candidates, like Illinois' Mark Kirk and Florida's Marco Rubio. Several Fox News personalitieslikened Kirk to Brown; Fox repeatedly aired a National Republican Senatorial Committee attack ad on Kirk's Democratic opponent, Alexi Giannoulias; and the network gave Kirk a platform to attack Giannoulias. Fox alsoheavily promoted "political star" Rubio, reporting extensively on his fundraising appeals and speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference. On the February 1 edition of Hannity, Dick Morris solicited GOP candidatesfor Senate, which precipitated Republican Ron Johnson's campaign in Wisconsin.

Fearmongering Over Health Care Reconciliation. Reacting to reports that Senate Democrats were considering using the budget reconciliation process to pass the health care reform bill and circumvent a Republican filibuster, Fox News adopted the GOP framing of reconciliation as a violation of Senate rules, undemocratic, and contrary to thewill of the people. Fox also falsely characterized reconciliation as the "nuclear option" to wrongly accuse Democrats of hypocrisy.
March

Open Activism Against Health Care Reform. As the health care reform bill moved toward passage, Fox News' opinion and news personalities engaged in open opposition to the bill. Fox news anchors agreed that the bill was unconstitutional and said they would vote against it, while the network's opinion-makers lobbied for the bill's defeat. Commentators like Dick Morris, Glenn Beck, and Mike Huckabee encouraged viewers to contact members of Congress and urge them to oppose the bill, and the network helped to publicize anti-health reform rallies.

Fearmongering was rampant as Fox News compared the bill to a tumor and a nuclear weapon. Fox News also pushed misinformation and falsehoods about health care reform, falsely claiming the bill provided increased federal funding for abortion, promoting a non-scientific "survey" of doctors claiming they would leave medicine if reform passed, accusing Democrats of making "special deals" and offering "bribes" to ensure passage, andattacking the Congressional Budget Office's scoring of the bill.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................

Much, much, much more: http://mediamatters.org/research/201012210005

Source: Examiner.com

By: Ryan Witt

Univ. of Maryland Study Finds FoxNews Viewers To Be Misinformed On Key Issues

A new study released by the University of Maryland shows American voters to be vastly misinformed. Even worse, the same study points to the media as the cause of much of this misinformation. The study involved a poll of 616 self-reported voters in the week after the 2010 midterm election. Voters were asked where they get their news from, and then asked about a number of verifiable facts. For instance, voters were asked whether the TARP program, otherwise known as the bailout, was started under President Bush or President Obama. Over 40% of respondents said President Obama started TARP even though TARP was signed into law by President Bush on October 3rd of 2008. This sort of misinformation within the American electorate shows up again, and again, and again in crucial areas of public policy.

Below are the highlights of the Maryland study on the most important issues of the 2010 election:

- 53% of Americans believe that President Obama was the only President responsible for the bailout of Chrysler and GM. In December of 2008 the Bush administration distributed $17.4 billion ot the auto industry as part of the TARP program.

- 68% of Americans said the stimulus package saved or created only a few jobs. 20% said that the stimulus caused a loss of jobs. Only 8% said the stimulus saved or created millions of jobs. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates the stimulus saved or created anywhere between 2.0 to 5.2 million jobs. A survey of economist from The Wall Street Journal found that the stimulus had a "net positive effect" on growth.

- 53% of Americans believe the health care reform law will increase the deficit. According to the CBO the Affordable Care Act will reduce the deficit by $124 billion through 2019.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

Some critics of the study might argue that the researchers were bias in determining what responses were "true" or "false." In their defense, the researchers stated they used objective sources, such as The Wall Street Journal survey of economists, in order to determine the veracity of various claims. The Wall Street Journal is actually considered a more conservative newspaper......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................

Much More: http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/maryland-study-finds-a-massive-amount-of-misinformation-spread-through-media

I could go on and on and on with countless credible studies written by non partisan professionals whose professions are to gather and compare statistics for the purpose of determining truly fair and balanced conclusions. By my own observations, even many that self identify as conservative, Republican, conservative independent, etc. find great joy in the infotainment they admit to viewing at FoxNews. They fully understand it's all about ratings, sponsors and mainly the bottom line, profits. News hasn't always been that way in this country.

Psychoblues

darin
03-03-2011, 12:49 AM
I wonder if Pete feels foolish now.

red states rule
03-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Sometimes PB makes things way to easy

First, the "study" by the Univ of MD.

When you take the time to look at the "research" you will see the conclusions were predetermined

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O8KHOgyYyHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and the myth Fox News is a right wing network - what about the liberals who are on Fox News giving their opinions and daily defense of Pres Obama?

Alan Colmes, Kristin Powers, Al Sharpton, Geraldine Ferraro, Bob Beckel, Bob Schrum, Lanny Davis, Susan Estrich, and Pat Caddell. There are others but I can't put a name to the face

Of course I expect PB to dismiss the detailed video study, and say the libs who appear on Fox News are not "real" Democrats

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Sometimes PB makes things way to easy

First, the "study" by the Univ of MD.

When you take the time to look at the "research" you will see the conclusions were predetermined

and the myth Fox News is a right wing network - what about the liberals who are on Fox News giving their opinions and daily defense of Pres Obama?

Alan Colmes, Kristin Powers, Al Sharpton, Geraldine Ferraro, Bob Beckel, Bob Schrum, Lanny Davis, Susan Estrich, and Pat Caddell. There are others but I can't put a name to the face

Of course I expect PB to dismiss the detailed video study, and say the libs who appear on Fox News are not "real" Democrats

Only one of the "studies" was from the University of Maryland and I find NO evidence of ANY predetermined conclusion. The purpose of the study was to see what people knew about different issues. If anyone has "evidence" the study is bogus I would like to see it.

The fact that FoxNews is rightwing is no myth. Even the owner, Rupert Murdoch, admits the political bent and his regret for it. He goes on to say, however and I am paraphrasing here, that as an infotainment venue it is more profitable than any news outlet would ever be. And of course I would never say that Democrats that visit FoxNews are not "real" Democrats. I have no idea where that came from unless it came from the fact that rightwingers immediately disown any rightwinger that appears on any competing infotainment venue to FoxNews. It's a projection thing with some of you, I guess.

I have many many more articles espousing evidence of the FoxNews viewers penchant for misinformation and their vile hatefulness for about anything they don't understand and they don't understand much (those are all my words) and I'll be glad to post more of them if anyone wants to read them.

Psychoblues

red states rule
03-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Only one of the "studies" was from the University of Maryland and I find NO evidence of ANY predetermined conclusion. The purpose of the study was to see what people knew about different issues. If anyone has "evidence" the study is bogus I would like to see it.

The fact that FoxNews is rightwing is no myth. Even the owner, Rupert Murdoch, admits the political bent and his regret for it. He goes on to say, however and I am paraphrasing here, that as an infotainment venue it is more profitable than any news outlet would ever be. And of course I would never say that Democrats that visit FoxNews are not "real" Democrats. I have no idea where that came from unless it came from the fact that rightwingers immediately disown any rightwinger that appears on any competing infotainment venue to FoxNews. It's a projection thing with some of you, I guess.

I have many many more articles espousing evidence of the FoxNews viewers penchant for misinformation and their vile hatefulness for about anything they don't understand and they don't understand much (those are all my words) and I'll be glad to post more of them if anyone wants to read them.

Psychoblues

Considering the video is over 20 minutes long - the fact you logged on started to reply tells me you did NOT watch it

So how can you comment about not knowing the predetermined outcome when you do not know how the study was set up to give the "researchers" the outcome they wanted

PB many far lefties dismiss the lib on Fox News as not real Democrats, or sellouts. the same way many on the left dismiss black conservatives

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 04:40 AM
Considering the video is over 20 minutes long - the fact you logged on started to reply tells me you did NOT watch it

So how can you comment about not knowing the predetermined outcome when you do not know how the study was set up to give the "researchers" the outcome they wanted

PB many far lefties dismiss the lib on Fox News as not real Democrats, or sellouts. the same way many on the left dismiss black conservatives

If you can't show me some credible words I'm not interested, red.

Psychoblues

red states rule
03-03-2011, 04:49 AM
If you can't show me some credible words I'm not interested, red.

Psychoblues

Same ol' PB

On another thread I post a video of a CBO guys saying Obamacare will kill off 800,000 jobs - PB does not "see it"

I post the tax increases included in Obamacare - PB does not "see it"

I post how Obamacare is a budget buster - PB does not "see it"

Why don't you afmit the truth PB? You will NEVER admit to anything that makes Obaba, the liberal agenda, or your beloved Dem party look bad. You are our modern version of Rev Virgil

You did not watch the video showing yet you comment on it

You continue to play dumb of obvious facts - yet when any proff is presented you dismiss it and pretend it does not exist

IOW you are a loyal Kool Aide drinking liberal supporter of Pres Obama and the Demo party and nothing will ever change your mind

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Same ol' PB

On another thread I post a video of a CBO guys saying Obamacare will kill off 800,000 jobs - PB does not "see it"

I post the tax increases included in Obamacare - PB does not "see it"

I post how Obamacare is a budget buster - PB does not "see it"

Why don't you afmit the truth PB? You will NEVER admit to anything that makes Obaba, the liberal agenda, or your beloved Dem party look bad. You are our modern version of Rev Virgil

You did not watch the video showing yet you comment on it

You continue to play dumb of obvious facts - yet when any proff is presented you dismiss it and pretend it does not exist

IOW you are a loyal Kool Aide drinking liberal supporter of Pres Obama and the Demo party and nothing will ever change your mind

You just post bullshit, red. You post your crap, I post something to credibly refute it so you change the subject, obfuscate the issue, attack the author or source, start calling me names or accusing me of drinking (which I really do consider hitting below the belt as I am an admitted alcoholic but have been dry for almost 9 months now and if that's all you have to debate with then you really ain't shit to start with, are you?) or you start flinging neg reps like shit sandwiches at a FoxNews food fight.

I've told you before that I can't get videos and you made fun of that. What a fuckin' class act you are.

I posted some good studies demonstrating without doubt the misinformation of FoxNews viewers. You bitch about the University of Maryland as if the UofM is a person. Do you have a clue as to the relationship between a university entity and it's students? Lots of other good stuff there but UofM got you panties in a wad.

If you care to return to the OP and get off my ass I would suggest that to be a better alternative. And my apologies to jimnyc in advance.

Psychoblues

logroller
03-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Psychoblues

there's a code error- audio/video is out of sync. assuming there arent palm trees in WI, then the video clip in question was not in wisconsin. I don't see any evidence or reference to it being in WI, directly anyways, as they mentioned CA at the precise moment the trees appear. So to argue it was a lie, not so sure, misleading perhaps; but I've brought up similar issues re: a fox newsaffiliate in miami changing a story on monsanto's rbgh, to which DPers accepted that news outlets can report on whatever they wish, spin it, regardless of the whole truth being presented. So again-- par for the course. The fact people are demonstrating how upset they are by foxnews, presenting the side of the story they wish to be told is how freedom of speech and freedom of the press can serve to balance eachother out. God bless America.

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 01:23 PM
there's a code error- audio/video is out of sync. assuming there arent palm trees in WI, then the video clip in question was not in wisconsin. I don't see any evidence or reference to it being in WI, directly anyways, as they mentioned CA at the precise moment the trees appear. So to argue it was a lie, not so sure, misleading perhaps; but I've brought up similar issues re: a fox newsaffiliate in miami changing a story on monsanto's rbgh, to which DPers accepted that news outlets can report on whatever they wish, spin it, regardless of the whole truth being presented. So again-- par for the course. The fact people are demonstrating how upset they are by foxnews, presenting the side of the story they wish to be told is how freedom of speech and freedom of the press can serve to balance eachother out. God bless America.

:laugh2::laugh2:

That is a reference I was making to something I said in another thread about what to expect when a conservatives lips start moving. To be honest, I can't watch the video at all. My equipment and connection just can't handle it.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

red states rule
03-03-2011, 04:32 PM
You just post bullshit, red. You post your crap, I post something to credibly refute it so you change the subject, obfuscate the issue, attack the author or source, start calling me names or accusing me of drinking (which I really do consider hitting below the belt as I am an admitted alcoholic but have been dry for almost 9 months now and if that's all you have to debate with then you really ain't shit to start with, are you?) or you start flinging neg reps like shit sandwiches at a FoxNews food fight.

I've told you before that I can't get videos and you made fun of that. What a fuckin' class act you are.

I posted some good studies demonstrating without doubt the misinformation of FoxNews viewers. You bitch about the University of Maryland as if the UofM is a person. Do you have a clue as to the relationship between a university entity and it's students? Lots of other good stuff there but UofM got you panties in a wad.

If you care to return to the OP and get off my ass I would suggest that to be a better alternative. And my apologies to jimnyc in advance.

Psychoblues

PB you are right on one thing. I should not have brought up your past issues. I was wrong and I offer this public apology to you.

I will never bring up that subject again.

As far as you not being able to get videos - here is the text of the CBO rep talking about the jobs that will be lost under Obamacare.

CBO Director Says Obamacare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers
2:37 PM, Feb 10, 2011 • By JEFFREY H. ANDERSONSingle Page
Testifying today before the House Budget Committee, Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Director Doug Elmendorf confirmed that Obamacare is expected to reduce the number of jobs in the labor market by an estimated 800,000. Here are excerpts from the exchange:

Chairman [Paul] Ryan: “[I]t’s been argued...that the new health care law will create jobs and increase labor force participation. But if I recall from your analysis, it was quite the opposite. Is that not the case?”

Director [Douglas] Elmendorf : “Yes.”...

[…]

Rep. [John] Campbell: Thank you, Mr. Chairman, we'll -- and Dr. Elmendorf -- and we'll continue this conversation right now. First on health care, before I get to -- before I get to broader issues, you just mentioned that you believe -- or that in your estimate, that the health care law would reduce the labor used in the economy by about 1/2 of 1 percent, given that, I believe you say, there's 160 million full-time people working in '20-'21. That means that, in your estimation, the health care law would reduce employment by 800,000 in '20-'21. Is that correct?

Director Elmendorf: Yes. The way I would put it is that we do estimate, as you said, that...employment will be about 160 million by the end of the decade. Half a percent of that is 800,000.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbo-director-says-obamacare-would-reduce-employment-800000-workers_547288.html

I understand why you hate Fox News so much PB. They refuse to wave the pom poms for your beloved political party and Obama. They give BOTH sides of the issues and have many one on ones debates with folks from the left and the right

Something you do not see on MSNBC or CNN

And when people decide to watch Fox News over the liberal networks it pisses you off that the other side is getting out. You really dislike having the light of truth shown of the failures of Obama's liberal agenda

logroller
03-03-2011, 09:36 PM
So how can you comment about not knowing

Nice catch red, DP's Chief investigator of unfounded postings. I just caught a glimpse of the latest "straight from the headlines" crime-drama-- Are we investigating member's actions or the validity of their claims? I prefer just the latte but, alas, it's all welcome.

As a side note, McCarthy was from Wisconsin. Let's see if the unions can stand up to conservative juggernaut, even if the democratic senators won't.

http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mc-herblock.jpg

Proceed with trepidation PB, your friend list may be the next blacklist.

Gaffer
03-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Nice catch red, DP's Chief investigator of unfounded postings. I just caught a glimpse of the latest "straight from the headlines" crime-drama-- Are we investigating member's actions or the validity of their claims? I prefer just the latte but, alas, it's all welcome.

As a side note, McCarthy was from Wisconsin. Let's see if the unions can stand up to conservative juggernaut, even if the democratic senators won't.

First of all PB doesn't have any "friends", just posters that follow the same agenda he does.

As for McCarthy, he was right. The media is now one huge communist propaganda machine. Hollywood is the same. Our govt is full of them as well and unions supply the muscle and money. Seeing the unions busted throughout the country would be a great day for all of us. WI is just a start. Ohio has already passed the same bill and IN is doing the same.

darin
03-03-2011, 10:59 PM
"palm trees in Wisconsin? you cant explain that!" - haha!

look for the palm trees in the clip. trust me, there are no palms in madison

RClJ6vK9x_4

Hey Pete? Feel foolish at all?

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:45 AM
PB you are right on one thing. I should not have brought up your past issues. I was wrong and I offer this public apology to you.

I will never bring up that subject again.

As far as you not being able to get videos - here is the text of the CBO rep talking about the jobs that will be lost under Obamacare.

I understand why you hate Fox News so much PB. They refuse to wave the pom poms for your beloved political party and Obama. They give BOTH sides of the issues and have many one on ones debates with folks from the left and the right

Something you do not see on MSNBC or CNN

And when people decide to watch Fox News over the liberal networks it pisses you off that the other side is getting out. You really dislike having the light of truth shown of the failures of Obama's liberal agenda

First off, red, thank you and I do accept with all my heart your I feel very genuine apology. I owe a good number of apologies myself to a lot of people on this board for my past drunken behavior but to be honest I can't remember who I might have slighted, pissed off, insulted or hurt their feelings. I am so glad those days in my life are over. They tell us to take one day at a time and I abide that as best I can but my goal is forever and ever, amen.

Your article or what ever may or may not be accurate. It represents numbers 10 to 11 years out and 1/2 of 1 percentage point of total employment forecast for then. Personally I wouldn't put a single ounce of faith in that number as I have not been impressed with governmental forecasts that far out in the past. On the other hand, cherry picking the data is just that. The aggregated data will give you any number you're looking for. Even going to the CBO website I found the data so convoluted and conspicuously ever changing one graph to another I gave up pretty quickly but if you really want it I will go back over there and dig out some stuff that might surprise you. Within context, I believe you are making something from nothing or at least not being fully forthcoming as to the entire interview that you are quoting.

And I don't hate FoxNews. I just hate the fact they pretend to be "news". They are infotainment at best and poor comedy at worst. If you google news misinformation Fox covers screen after screen after screen in what I consider solid articles providing solid information indicating the veracity of the self described "journalists" at Fox is lacking in so many ways. But I don't hate them.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:49 AM

That happened long ago, lr. I'm a big boy though.

Psychoblues

red states rule
03-04-2011, 03:05 AM
I have to laugh when libs like PB rant how one sided Fox News is when you have "journalists" like this having an on the air Obamagasm

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdqG2G2Gnz" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdqG2G2Gnz" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

fj1200
03-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Your article or what ever may or may not be accurate. It represents numbers 10 to 11 years out and 1/2 of 1 percentage point of total employment forecast for then. Personally I wouldn't put a single ounce of faith in that number as I have not been impressed with governmental forecasts that far out in the past. On the other hand, cherry picking the data is just that. The aggregated data will give you any number you're looking for. Even going to the CBO website I found the data so convoluted and conspicuously ever changing one graph to another I gave up pretty quickly but if you really want it I will go back over there and dig out some stuff that might surprise you. Within context, I believe you are making something from nothing or at least not being fully forthcoming as to the entire interview that you are quoting.

It wasn't an article, it was testimony before Congress of a CBO official. Nevertheless you completely accept BO's numbers regarding HC reform? Like it or not these are the numbers that elected officials use to project spending and revenue and their track record is less than impressive as you acknowledge.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:09 PM
It wasn't an article, it was testimony before Congress of a CBO official. Nevertheless you completely accept BO's numbers regarding HC reform? Like it or not these are the numbers that elected officials use to project spending and revenue and their track record is less than impressive as you acknowledge.

I suppose that as with gwb's ramp up to war on Iraq and pulling facts out of his ass you think Obama is doing the same thing here with forecasts and facts? The information even back then was available to the entire world that gwb was lying us into an unjustified war but I have seen no such evidence of that in the case of the Obama and his stated economic forecasts and facts. Care to catch me up on some of that?

[B][I]Psychoblues

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:14 PM

You are making me laugh out loud, fj. You are correct. It was not an article. It was a "blog" from the Weekly Standard.

Is there no depth to which you haters of democracy and America will not go?

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 12:24 PM
You are making me laugh out loud, fj. You are correct. It was not an article. It was a "blog" from the Weekly Standard.

Psychoblues

Did you ignore the video testimony of the CBO official? Do you doubt the existence of the CBO report?

fj1200
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I suppose that as with gwb's ramp up to war on Iraq and pulling facts out of his ass you think Obama is doing the same thing here with forecasts and facts? The information even back then was available to the entire world that gwb was lying us into an unjustified war but I have seen no such evidence of that in the case of the Obama and his stated economic forecasts and facts. Care to catch me up on some of that?

WTF does Iraq have to do with this? You said yourself you're not impressed with governmental forecasts, are you backing away from that now?

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:39 PM
WTF does Iraq have to do with this? You said yourself you're not impressed with governmental forecasts, are you backing away from that now?

I'm not backing away from anything and it was you that started whining about the forecasts stated by President Barack Hussein Obama or as you call him, "BO". Sometimes I wonder even out loud about you, fj.

Psychoblues

pete311
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey Pete? Feel foolish at all?

about what? at the time the clip is being run they are talking about the wisconsin protests.

fj1200
03-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm not backing away from anything and it was you that started whining about the forecasts stated by President Barack Hussein Obama or as you call him, "BO". Sometimes I wonder even out loud about you, fj.

I call him "BO," so what? I tend to abbreviate to save valuable interwebs. Have you done "gwb" lately?

I'm only trying to find out if you like CBO forecasts or not. You apparently like them when BO uses them but not so much when they forecast lower employment as a result of BO Care.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I call him "BO," so what? I tend to abbreviate to save valuable interwebs. Have you done "gwb" lately?

I'm only trying to find out if you like CBO forecasts or not. You apparently like them when BO uses them but not so much when they forecast lower employment as a result of BO Care.

I wasn't complaining about your use of BO to refer to President Barack Hussein Obama but couldn't you at least say BHO?

I've addressed these numbers games, graphs and issues many times and will say this as many times as I need to in order to make myself clear. You can find a graph, a poll, a collection of data of any sort and thousands of speeches supporting anything that you want. Why do I think the way I do, the way possibly you do or particularly the way rsr thinks? We are all to some degree justified in our conclusions and our processes. I believe we all love America just as much as the other. And lastly, we obviously love terrifically this opportunity to come onto this board in this interwebs age and say about anything we want and read, read, read and learn, learn, learn about anything at all!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I wasn't complaining about your use of BO to refer to President Barack Hussein Obama but couldn't you at least say BHO?

No. There's no chance he's going to be confused with BHerbertWalkerO

I've addressed these numbers games, graphs and issues many times and will say this as many times as I need to in order to make myself clear. You can find a graph, a poll, a collection of data of any sort and thousands of speeches supporting anything that you want. Why do I think the way I do, the way possibly you do or particularly the way rsr thinks? We are all to some degree justified in our conclusions and our processes. I believe we all love America just as much as the other. And lastly, we obviously love terrifically this opportunity to come onto this board in this interwebs age and say about anything we want and read, read, read and learn, learn, learn about anything at all!!!!!!!!!

So the CBO is cool? Except when it's not?

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 05:32 PM
No. There's no chance he's going to be confused with BHerbertWalkerO

So the CBO is cool? Except when it's not?

Oh my. Why resort to being facetious? Is that now going to be your conversational strategy? If so, you can pretty much count me out.

Psychoblues

red states rule
03-04-2011, 05:33 PM

Psychoblues

He hates it only when it goes against his liberal agenda

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 05:59 PM
He hates it only when it goes against his liberal agenda

I'm not getting your point there, red. Help me out, 'kay???

Psychochoblues

jimnyc
03-04-2011, 07:43 PM
about what? at the time the clip is being run they are talking about the wisconsin protests.

In YOUR lame clip where you attempt to lie - if you watch the ENTIRE clip it's obvious to a retard that they are portraying the entire nation. Context, context, context. These dipshit sites love to take long clips and break them down to bits and pieces to tell a different story other than the truth - and you took the bait like a starving fish.

Psychoblues
03-05-2011, 12:04 AM
In YOUR lame clip where you attempt to lie - if you watch the ENTIRE clip it's obvious to a retard that they are portraying the entire nation. Context, context, context. These dipshit sites love to take long clips and break them down to bits and pieces to tell a different story other than the truth - and you took the bait like a starving fish.

They were talking about the Wisconsin protests as that clip was running, jimnyc. It would be so easy and honest of them to show the protests from Wisconsin wouldn't it? Was there an agenda to somehow cloud the issue by showing something that better justified their own prejudiced and uncalled for opinions? Isn't FoxNews well known for their should I say "stretches of the truth"?

Psychochoblues

Kathianne
03-05-2011, 04:32 AM

Indeed, Jim. His original 'clip' was about 43 sec., with no context. Yours was close to 4.30 minutes and was the entire lead in to the guests. Obvious to anyone that the thesis was union thug tactics, not just in WI, but throughout the country. In fact, the clips were labeled either 'union protests country' or 'Madison, WI.' The protest with the palm tree was identified at CA.

darin
03-05-2011, 05:52 AM

Are you that dishonest, intellectually?

It'd be like me taking that last reply of yours and going:

a...s...s...protests.

then ranting about you saying ASS PROTESTS!!!

Really, Pete? Do you have enough SACK to say "doh...I guess in context, it's no big deal!"

red states rule
03-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm not getting your point there, red. Help me out, 'kay???

Psychochoblues

Anyone who does wave the pom poms, and openly support Pres Obama and the Dems earns the wrath of liberals like you PB

Of course at the same time - you constantly deny any liberal bias in the MSM

But alas, the hate for Fox News is rampent on the left. Even those who are considered "journalists"

David Shuster, Fellow Lefties Let Fox Hatred Embarrass Them Once Again
By Lachlan Markay | March 04, 2011 | 16:39

The far-left Fox-haters are at it again. In just the past couple of days, we've seen multiple instances of leftist pundits dishonestly bashing the Fox News Channel in yet more attempts to slime the cable news channel.

The latest such attempts caught the attention of cable news blogger Johnny Dollar, who consistently documents the left's growing hatred of everything Fox.

The more notable instance of Fox-hating came from former MSNBC host David Shuster. Shuster took to twitter Thursday to celebrate Canada's rejection of Fox News's application for a broadcasting license. Just one problem: Fox's licesnse was approved in 2004. Called out on the mistake, Shuster deleted his tweet, blocked Dollar, and to date has not issued a correction.

The deleted tweet - which, thanks to a few re-tweets, is still viewable elsewhere - linked to a Huffington Post column by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., which inexplicably claimed that "Fox News will not be moving into Canada after all!" But again, Fox moved into Canada years ago. Where did RFK get his incorrect information? It's not clear. But it is incorrect, as was Shuster's tweet parroting the claim. Like Shuster, HuffPo has yet to correct the record.

For his part, Shuster apparently felt no need to verify the claim. It reflected poorly on Fox, so it was just too good to check. Another Shuster tweet posted on Thursday praised Canada for "rejecting" Fox News. That one has yet to be deleted - or corrected.

If the hypocrisy of a journalist celebrating our northern neighbor's stringent limits on freedom of the press (licensing for cable news would be thoroughly unconstitutional in the Untied States) weren't astounding enough, Shuster has the gall to continue alleging dishonesty on Fox's part while the latter tweet sits in his Twitter feed.

And Shuster is thoroughly convinced that Fox News lies. He told left wing talk radio host Stephanie Miller, apparently in all seriousness, that the country is infatuated with Charlie Sheen because, you guessed it, Fox lies (mp3):

In an environment where you do have a self-proclaimed news organization that spews lies day in and day out and doesn’t usually get called on it by the rest of the media, I mean maybe this is some escape that some people have, to be able to say OK, enough of the serious stuff. I want to take a break. I just want to be entertained for ten minutes and hear the latest about Charlie Sheen’s travails.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2011/03/04/david-shuster-fellow-lefties-let-fox-hatred-embarrass-them-once-agai#ixzz1Fj6n1tWd

red states rule
03-05-2011, 10:07 AM
and what was that crap about all Fox News anchors being biased to Republicans

Shep Smith shows his liberal side on the air

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdqG2Gyt2G" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdqG2Gyt2G" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

red states rule
03-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Meanwhile with soaring gas prices, record Bankruptcies and Foreclosures, ever increasing people on food stamps, years of unemployemnt - some "journalists" still sing the praises of the Bamster and act as if none of the above has taken place

In the world of Chris Matthews all is well and there are no problems with the US economy
But remember, there is no liberal bias at MSNBC accrording to the left

Chris Matthews Swoons Again: 'Everything' Obama's Done 'Has Been Good for This Country'
By Scott Whitlock | March 04, 2011 | 17:42

Professional Obama fan Chris Matthews appeared on Friday's edition of the Martin Bashir show to slam the President's critics and to swoon, "Everything he's done has been good for this country."

Matthews went on an extended rant against those who oppose Obama, theorizing, "...They go back to the old nativist root, this old dark night of the soul thing that people worry about, a black man in a White House. And they start working on that. 'Oh, he's a Mau Mau. He goes back to a Muslim background.'"

Indirectly referring to columnists such as Dinesh D'Souza, who has highlighted political beliefs of Obama's father and grandfather, Matthews attacked, "It's using race. It's using the paranoid fear of whites of black males against this President whose life has been spotless, has been the American dream."

Yet, when George W. Bush gave his farewell speech on January 15, 2009, the Hardball host did his own theorizing about the then-President and his father: "He was a rich kid driving his father's car. He got to be President because of his father, let's face it, the same way he got into school and everything else, the same way he got his car probably.

After an extended bout of praising Obama, Bashir regained control of the show and ended the segment by enthusing, "Chris, I gotta draw you to a close, but that's the best pep talk I've heard for a long time. So, thank you so much."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2011/03/04/chris-matthews-swoons-again-everything-obamas-done-has-been-good-cou#ixzz1Fjp4nHwu