PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Manning Charged With 22 More Counts

Kathianne
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12628983

2 March 2011 Last updated at 17:33 ET

The US Army has charged a soldier held in connection with the leak of US government documents published by the Wikileaks website with 22 extra counts.

The new charges against Private First Class Bradley Manning include aiding the enemy, a capital offence, but prosecutors have said they will not seek the death penalty.

The intelligence analyst is being held at a military jail in Virginia.

He is suspected of leaking video and more than 150,000 diplomatic documents...

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey Kath, This article is headlined just like yous but I believe they are considerably different.

Source: FDL

By: Jane Hamsher

date: March 2, 2011

Both MSNBC and Marc Ambinder are reporting that the government is issuing new charges against Bradley Manning. Now that the government’s case against Julian Assange is falling apart, the Pentagon is ratcheting up the pressure on Manning by charging him with “aiding the enemy.”

Richard Nixon said the same thing about Daniel Ellsberg:

“Daniel Ellsberg, whatever his intentions, gave aid and comfort to the enemy, and under those circumstances, that is inexcusable. After all, he is putting himself above the president of the United States, above the Congress, above our whole system of government, when he says in effect that he would determine what should be made public.” — Richard Nixon

The government alleged nothing regarding “aiding the enemy” when they originally charged Manning in July of 2010. Surely they must have new and compelling evidence to substantiate such serious charges. If not, they’re just bringing the full force of the state down on Manning’s head because he would not give them a false confession against Julian Assange they needed to make their case.

The military has continued to mis-classify Manning’s mental health status, against the advice of three Quantico brig psychiatrists, in order to subject him to solitary confinement-like conditions and still deny they are torturing him. Yesterday Manning’s attorney, David Coombs, posted the Article 138 Complaint that Manning filed on January 19:

Both complaints [filed by Manning and Coombs] requested that I be removed from POI watch and that my classification level be reduced from MAX to MDI. CWO4 Averhart did not respond to either complaint as required by SECNAVINST 1649.9C PP 8301(21)

Based on the foregoing, I believe that the action of holding me under POI watch for over five months and placing me on suicide risk is wrong under Article 138, UCMJ. I do not believe that CWO4 Averhart, as the Brig commander, has the discretion to keep me in confinement under these circumstances.

Who do they think is the “enemy” here that the cables are “aiding?” From the alleged Manning/Lamo chat logs:

(02:29:04 PM) Manning: i guess im too idealistic
(02:31:02 PM) Manning: i think the thing that got me the most… that made me rethink the world more than anything
(02:35:46 PM) Manning: was watching 15 detainees taken by the Iraqi Federal Police… for printing “anti-Iraqi literature”… the iraqi federal police wouldn’t cooperate with US forces, so i was instructed to investigate the matter, find out who the “bad guys” were, and how significant this was for the FPs… it turned out, they had printed a scholarly critique against PM Maliki… i had an interpreter read it for me… and when i found out that it was a benign political critique titled “Where did the money go?” and following the corruption trail within the PM’s cabinet… i immediately took that information and *ran* to the officer to explain what was going on… he didn’t want to hear any of it… he told me to shut up and explain how we could assist the FPs in finding *MORE* detainees…
(02:35:46 PM) Lamo : I’m not here right now
(02:36:27 PM) Manning: everything started slipping after that… i saw things differently....................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

Much more: http://firedoglake.com/2011/03/02/badley-manning-charged-with-aiding-the-enemy/

Although I am not prone to be sympathetic towards traitors, I am prone to want to be totally convinced one is a traitor. I really don't have enough information in this case but right now I'm leaning against the administration on the charges and treatment of PFC Manning.

Psychoblues

revelarts
03-02-2011, 06:40 PM
WHy is manning in jail , practically solitary confinement, and not out on bail to defend himself.
They've made him a political prisoner,
no ones died from anything he did, and he released the info to a news org not the "enemy".

How can the administration say the U.S. is an example of freedom of the press, and gov't transparency, at home and praise it in the middle east but throw Manning in jail here? BEFORE A TRIAL NO LESS.
Double standard much? who many mouths does the gov't get to talk out of.
Ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery.

MtnBiker
03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
WHy is manning in jail , practically solitary confinement, and not out on bail to defend himself.

Because he is a private in the military and subject to those laws, not civilian laws. There is no "bail" for him.

Maybe this will help;

http://http://usmilitary.about.com/library/weekly/aa102200a.htm (http://usmilitary.about.com/library/weekly/aa102200a.htm)

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
no ones died from anything he did, and he released the info to a news org not the "enemy".

How can the administration say the U.S. is an example of freedom of the press, and gov't transparency, at home and praise it in the middle east but throw Manning in jail here? BEFORE A TRIAL NO LESS.

The quote by Richard Nixon about Daniel Ellsberg at the beginning of the article speaks very loudly to me, revy. And although I have never run seriously against the law I have people very close to me that have. Once in the legal system and charged with any serious crime most people are simply at the mercy of a truly sympathetic prosecutor and judge. Innocence or guilt has absolutely NOTHING to do with many American versions of justice. And that is so sad.

Psychoblues

revelarts
03-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Because he is a private in the military and subject to those laws, not civilian laws. There is no "bail" for him.

Maybe this will help;

http://http://usmilitary.about.com/library/weekly/aa102200a.htm (http://usmilitary.about.com/library/weekly/aa102200a.htm)

Right,
from what that says it still seems like his lawyers right. The guy didn't shoot anyone seems he could be confined to base or at very least to regular cells with regular visitation etc...
The pysch excuse is what the soviets use to use on political prisoners.

MtnBiker
03-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Should governments not have classified information?

Gaffer
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
First of all, he's held in solitary because other prisoners would most probably hurt him real bad if not kill him. He released sensitive info to the media and info that could be used by our enemies. He endangered lives. He didn't just embarrass people he put many in jeopardy.

He's not a political prisoner, he's a traitor to his country.

Little-Acorn
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
no ones died from anything he did,

How do you know?

Some dictator has been discussing plans to knock off a rival with only a few people: His brother Achmed, and his associate Jones. Then he sees his plans splashed all over some cable from one US diplomat to another, that was carefully kept SECRET until Bradley Manning decided it was OK to publish it on Wikileaks, and Julian Assange agreed. The dictator reasons, "Well, I know my brother Achmed couldn't have ratted me out, so I guess that leaves only......"

An hour later, Jones disappears, and is never heard from again. And the U.S. loses an invaluable source within the dictator's regime. And the dictator's other rivals, who no longer have the benefit of warnings from certain people loosely connected with the U.S. embassy, start disappearing at irregular intervals.

And people like you keep blithely assuring us that Manning isn't such a bad guy, because "no one died from anything he did"... without bothering to check, or even wonder.

sundaydriver
03-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I've seen the documentaries about super max prisons in the US and Manning's time in the brig goes way beyond what the hardest core criminal prisoners are doing. Bad guy or not he has and is being subjected to the harshest possible confinement before even trial.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dangerous-ideas/201101/open-letter-the-solitary-confinement-pfc-bradley-manning

MtnBiker
03-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Perhaps the next guy will think twice before illegally leaking classified information.

Gaffer
03-02-2011, 08:04 PM
High profile prisoners are always kept in solitary confinement for their own safety. They are not mistreated, just given the basic needs. It works that way whether they have been to trial or not. That old pc thing of equal treatment for all. Sentenced or waiting trial they all get treated the same.

revelarts
03-02-2011, 10:30 PM
How do you know?

How do you know that your story is true? how do you know what the dictator "thought"? Someone on the inside?

If Mannings a traitor, put him on trail for it, PROVE it and sentence him.

How do you know the other prisoners want to kill him?
Not all soldiers agree with the wars. Some might be happy to see someone stick it to the state dept.

And Why make a Pych excuses instead of safety excuses?

Also why would they keep friends and family away and only allow him 1 hour out of his cell to exercise.
No, this is clearly heavy handed punishment before trail, before conviction, before sentencing.

Where are my "rule of law" republicans when we need um folks?

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
First of all, he's held in solitary because other prisoners would most probably hurt him real bad if not kill him. He released sensitive info to the media and info that could be used by our enemies. He endangered lives. He didn't just embarrass people he put many in jeopardy.

You are stating allegations as facts, guffer. Even in the military you are considered innocent until proven guilty, or that is the way it is supposed to be. We could get into long and convoluted discussion about presumed innocence and guilt, criterion for hold without recourse, etc. but the fact remains the man hasn't been found guilty of anything and his lawyers, who have read every word of the charges now made against him, say none of it can stand up in any court. The hypothesis now is that the government case against Julian Assange is falling apart and the government feels if they lean on, ie. mistreat, PFC Manning that he has information that might help them revive their case towards the primary. That dog don't hunt as my old commander Major General Robert W. Malloy used to say.

Psychoblues

revelarts
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
And i wasn't gonna go here but I'm gonna.

If Mannings leaks does cuase a few deaths.
what should be his punishment?

death?

If someone releases info that is true, but secret and it cuases deaths.
should they die?

what about people who release and promote info that is false and people die.
Can you guess where this is headed?

GWBush Cheney and rRmsfeild Lied (yes lied) and 100's of thousands of innocent Iraqis have die.

Since we are rightly very concerned and indignant over the loss of life of 1 informant.
Any concern over the dead Iraqis? what about the American soldiers?
Anyone to be held accountable there?
Saddam you say?
He didn't asked to be attacked. The CIA and Pentagon knew Saddam was no threat, Rumsfeild, Cheny and Bush knew as well.

What's to be the punish fit for those who lie to the world and cuase massive death tolls?

anything close to what Manning is getting for , maybe-- possibly--- might have--- been connected with 1 death ---we think-- and maybe--- we heard-- had something to do with some disappearances.

do i need to mention people who have caused a few disappearances?

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 10:54 PM
And i wasn't gonna go here but I'm gonna.

If Mannings leaks does cuase a few deaths.
what should be his punishment?

death?

If someone releases info that is true, but secret and it cuases deaths.
should they die?

what about people who release info that is false and people die.
Can you guess where this is headed?

GWBush Cheney and rRmsfeild Lied (yes lied) and 100's of thousands of innocent Iraqis have die.

Since we are rightly concerned over the life of 1 informant.
Any concern over the dead Iraqis? what about the American soldiers?
Anyone to be held accountable there?
Saddam you say?
He didn't asked to be attacked. The CIA and Pentagon knew Saddam was no threat, Rumsfeild, Cheny and Bush knew as well.

What's to be the punish fit for those who lie to the world and cuase massive death tolls?

anything close to what Manning is getting for , maybe possibly might have cuased 1 death and maybe had something to do with some disappearances.

do i need to mention people who have caused a few disappearances?

Preach on, Brother Revy. You speak the Truth of the Lord!!!!!! Halleluya, halleluya.

Psychoblues

revelarts
03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Perhaps the next guy will think twice before illegally leaking classified information.

Yep, becuase we now know the gov't doesn't give a D-m about the law in anymore.
Do what we say or you''ll get the treatment.
--------------
HEY.. hey.. vinnie! put Manning in the box.

In da Box Boss O?

Yeah In the Box teach um a lesson. Vinnie you got some paper i wanna roll a cig.

paper naw boss .. no wait there's sumpthin ere.
um lets see ium der sum writtin on it.
lets see
Da "bill of rights"... hey boss O, what is this...wanna uses this.

yeah sure just roll the cig wit it an give to me.

But ...but... it looks important... ya sures uwanna i mean?

Fagitaboutit, nobodies takes that stuff surios no moores.
puff puff puff
ahhh yeah..
A...A MANNING I'm TALKING TA U ! you dun us a favor,
gives us a chance to teach the rest of the gang a lesson ere.
anit that right boys?!

puff puff

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Yep, becuase we now know the gov't doesn't give a D-m about the law in anymore.
Do what we say or you''ll get the treatment.
--------------
HEY.. hey.. vinnie! put Manning in the box.

In da Box Boss O?

Yeah In the Box teach um a lesson. Vinnie you got some paper i wanna roll a cig.

paper naw boss .. no wait there's sumpthin ere.
um lets see ium der sum writtin on it.
lets see
Da "bill of rights"... hey boss O, what is this...wanna uses this.

yeah sure just roll the cig wit it an give to me.

But ...but... it looks important... ya sures uwanna i mean?

Fagitaboutit, nobodies takes that stuff surios no moores.
puff puff puff
ahhh yeah..
A...A MANNING I'm TALKING TA U ! you dun us a favor,
gives us a chance to teach the rest of the gang a lesson ere.
anit that right boys?!

puff puff

You outta Brooklyn or Joisey, revy?

Psychoblues

Gaffer
03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
The prosecutors have already said they weren't seeking the death penalty for manning. Personally I think they should. Especially if they can prove he caused deaths.

Bush took action against iraq based on intelligence from the CIA and other countries intelligence agencies. That intelligence turned out to be wrong. Wrong does not equal lie no matter how you spin it.

Cheney was VP, not the president. He reported to the president and was involved in briefings as he needed to know what was going on. He was not in a command position, only an advisory capacity. Liberal lies and BS are all the Cheney crap is based on. And you have bought into it just like the truffer bullshit.

All your doing is redirecting this to an old argument which has nothing to do with the manning case. The old liberal argument of he did it so why can this guy.

As for why he's kept in solitary, I have already told you why. It's for his own safety. And everyone in solitary gets the same treatment. Three meals a day and an hour out for recreation. That's the policy in all prisons. It applies whether they are convicted or waiting trial.

Psychoblues
03-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Bush lied and many thousands died. And it may never stop now that it's been put into motion in such an ill-advised and dishonest way.

Psychoblues

sundaydriver
03-03-2011, 08:31 PM
As for why he's kept in solitary, I have already told you why. It's for his own safety. And everyone in solitary gets the same treatment. Three meals a day and an hour out for recreation. That's the policy in all prisons. It applies whether they are convicted or waiting trial.

In Manning's case this is not so. Unlike other prisoners in solitary that are able to occupy those 23 hours a day in the cell as best they can, Manning cannot do any exercise at all, cannot lay down or close his eyes except during set sleep hours, is checked on every 5 minutes and must give some kind of acknowledgement, and is awoken during the nite to be checked on.

Solitary confinement is hard time, Manning's is much harder still!

Gaffer
03-03-2011, 08:44 PM
In Manning's case this is not so. Unlike other prisoners in solitary that are able to occupy those 23 hours a day in the cell as best they can, Manning cannot do any exercise at all, cannot lay down or close his eyes except during set sleep hours, is checked on every 5 minutes and must give some kind of acknowledgement, and is awoken during the nite to be checked on.

Solitary confinement is hard time, Manning's is much harder still!

And you know this how?

He's on a suicide watch so he's checked on constantly. He's allowed out for one hour a day, that's the law. What he does for exercise is up to him. Notoriety and threats of suicide mean manning is not going to be a happy camper.

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 11:46 PM
The treatment of Manning is a disgrace to the United States Army, to the United States of America and to every American that has not at least contacted their congressperson about this situation. Yea or nay the ridiculous treatment of Manning is against numerous laws and practices.

Psychoblues

sundaydriver
03-04-2011, 06:14 AM
And you know this how?

He's on a suicide watch so he's checked on constantly. He's allowed out for one hour a day, that's the law. What he does for exercise is up to him. Notoriety and threats of suicide mean manning is not going to be a happy camper.

I can read and watch news programs. :thumb:

jimnyc
03-04-2011, 06:23 AM

Some should stop relying on salon.com and left wing shit websites for their information, and then posting on boards as if it is fact...

The Pentagon denies that Manning is being held in solitary confinement. True, a Pentagon spokesman says, Manning is being held alone in a cell. “But just being in a cell by yourself doesn’t constitute solitary confinement,” says Col. Dave Lapan.
“He is surrounded by other people” in adjacent cells, Lapan argues, adding that Manning is also able to hear talking and other voices from his cell.
Manning can watch television for one hour per day and read newspapers, military officials say. Lapan added that he is not certain whether Manning is being provided blankets, sheets, or pillows – items that are sometimes denied to prisoners on suicide watch.

“Pfc. Manning, as well as every other maximum custody detainee, is allotted approximately one hour of television per day,” the statement reads. “He may view any of the available channels. Viewing time may fluctuate slightly depending on the number of detainees being held at the time, but each detainee will be allotted an equal amount.”
The statement, entitled “Safety and Security = Job #1 at the Brig,” and written in response to charges that Manning is being mistreated, asserts that Manning is allowed to converse with other prisoners “as long as the conversation does not interfere with good order and discipline.”

In response to questions about how much time Manning gets outside his cell everyday, marines at Quantico’s prison say he is “allotted one hour of recreation time per day, as is every other maximum custody detainee.”
Depending on the weather, this recreation time may be indoors or outdoors. “Activities may include calisthenics, running, basketball, etc.,” according to the statement.
It also addresses the charge that Manning is being held in cruel conditions – specifically, that he is not allowed to exercise in his room. “No detainees are allowed to exercise in their cell. As a matter of safety, all exercise must be supervised.”
Sounds to me that he gets the exact same treatment as other prisoners in his classification.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2010/1217/Bradley-Manning-in-isolation-US-defends-treatment-of-WikiLeaks-suspect

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Some should stop relying on salon.com and left wing shit websites for their information, and then posting on boards as if it is fact...

Sounds to me that he gets the exact same treatment as other prisoners in his classification.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2010/1217/Bradley-Manning-in-isolation-US-defends-treatment-of-WikiLeaks-suspect

The same widely available information and many other organizations and his lawyers say that is shit, jimbo. I'll post you some good and accurate stuff later on and if you're the honest guy I think you are you will have to agree that PFC Manning's treatment and case is absolutely different from any known treatment of American prisoners in American jails at any time in recent history.

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 11:43 AM
... PFC Manning's treatment and case is absolutely different from any known treatment of American prisoners in American jails at any time in recent history.

So how does it compare to known treatment of those in military jail, more specifically known treatment of those accused of espionage?

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:30 PM
So how does it compare to known treatment of those in military jail, more specifically known treatment of those accused of espionage?

I was assuming you understood that my remarks included military jails in my American jails analogy. The old adage about ass-u-me is holding up pretty well, isn't it?

Psychoblues

Gaffer
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM

I worked in a prison for two and half years and I was a deputy sheriff for eight and half years. Any information that comes out about manning is what is released by the prison. The media has no access to him. You can watch all the media you want and read all the articles you want, you are only getting their story based on what facts the prison releases. I know how the system works and why.

trobinett
03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Right,
from what that says it still seems like his lawyers right. The guy didn't shoot anyone seems he could be confined to base or at very least to regular cells with regular visitation etc...
The pysch excuse is what the soviets use to use on political prisoners.

Damn man, one can only wonder how many people he put in harms way with releasing what he did. Sometimes you don't have to pull the trigger to be just as guilty of killing someone. :lame2:

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 01:55 PM
I worked in a prison for two and half years and I was a deputy sheriff for eight and half years. Any information that comes out about manning is what is released by the prison. The media has no access to him. You can watch all the media you want and read all the articles you want, you are only getting their story based on what facts the prison releases. I know how the system works and why.

Complete bullshit, guffer. Although there hasn't been much contact directly with him there has been some. However, considering that what you say is correct would that be any American value, more, policy or practise that you could support as an American insofar as the treatment of ANY prisoner is concerned?

Psychoblues

NightTrain
03-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Yep. Hang him high.

fj1200
03-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I was assuming you understood that my remarks included military jails in my American jails analogy. The old adage about ass-u-me is holding up pretty well, isn't it?

Psychoblues

You're partly right. ;)

Besides, the comparison should be specific to military jail and not just include.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
You're partly right. ;)

Besides, the comparison should be specific to military jail and not just include.

But, my INTENTION was to complete a thought on the unnecessary bifurcation of jail or prison systems. Although I have only spent one night in a civilian jail and 2 nights but on separate occasions in a military jail I can tell you that they aren't that much different except in the military jails I was seen on the first day by a military lawyer/provost marshal and in both cases got me clean out of there and some tuff stuff for the arresting guards to explain. The civilian jail I just paid my damned fine even though I was not guilty and went about my business. I needed to get to Viet Nam and didn't have any business fuckin' around with no crooked-assed Mississippi judges and constables. Google Burma Hobbs and see what you can come up with!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
But, my INTENTION was to complete a thought on the unnecessary bifurcation of jail or prison systems. Although I have only spent one night in a civilian jail and 2 nights but on separate occasions in a military jail I can tell you that they aren't that much different except in the military jails I was seen on the first day by a military lawyer/provost marshal and in both cases got me clean out of there and some tuff stuff for the arresting guards to explain. The civilian jail I just paid my damned fine even though I was not guilty and went about my business. I needed to get to Viet Nam and didn't have any business fuckin' around with no crooked-assed Mississippi judges and constables. Google Burma Hobbs and see what you can come up with!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

OK. :shrug:

As far as MS law enforcement goes my friend and I were cruising through Meridian a decade plus back at 2ish in the morning and after entering the highway I was behind a truck with an as yet unidentified motor vehicle at my 4 o'clock, I proceeded to accelerate my foreign Acura made motorcar with a purposeful lane change to overtake said truck. After making the lane change the driver of the now identified police car proceeded to flash his lights and instruct me to pull over. After pulling to the side of the road and checking my shorts, the officer pulled next to me and instructed me in the following manner, "You boys betta slo' that car down ya' hea'." I answered in the affirmative as he sped off to another set of flashing lights off in the distance, with no relation to my incident. After approximately 5 minutes of silence between the two of us, we proceeded to laugh at the incident and the imitation of MS law enforcement personnel makes us laugh to this day.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 03:14 PM
OK. :shrug:

As far as MS law enforcement goes my friend and I were cruising through Meridian a decade plus back at 2ish in the morning and after entering the highway I was behind a truck with an as yet unidentified motor vehicle at my 4 o'clock, I proceeded to accelerate my foreign Acura made motorcar with a purposeful lane change to overtake said truck. After making the lane change the driver of the now identified police car proceeded to flash his lights and instruct me to pull over. After pulling to the side of the road and checking my shorts, the officer pulled next to me and instructed me in the following manner, "You boys betta slo' that car down ya' hea'." I answered in the affirmative as he sped off to another set of flashing lights off in the distance, with no relation to my incident. After approximately 5 minutes of silence between the two of us, we proceeded to laugh at the incident and the imitation of MS law enforcement personnel makes us laugh to this day.

Definitely still the same, too, and as much as I hate stereotypes Mississippi earns their stripes in that respect!!!!!!!! Do that google on Burma Hobbs. The sonofabitch was hilarious if he hadn't been so dangerous to the otherwise peace and tranquillity of the general population.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
03-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Complete bullshit, guffer. Although there hasn't been much contact directly with him there has been some. However, considering that what you say is correct would that be any American value, more, policy or practise that you could support as an American insofar as the treatment of ANY prisoner is concerned?

Psychoblues

Same point to you I made to RSR a few days ago, when Gaffer answered your post, why mess with his name? You and others speak of respect, but aren't giving what you are asking for.

Abbey Marie
03-04-2011, 04:43 PM

How is making something public, appreciably different from releasing it to the enemy? Heck, it's like releasing it to every enemy.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Same point to you I made to RSR a few days ago, when Gaffer answered your post, why mess with his name? You and others speak of respect, but aren't giving what you are asking for.

I don't recall that incident, Kath. I must have missed it.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
03-04-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't recall that incident, Kath. I must have missed it.

Psychoblues

Hardly possible, I sent you an acknowledged pm to bring it to your attention.

sundaydriver
03-04-2011, 07:01 PM
jimnyc;464995]Some should stop relying on salon.com and left wing shit websites for their information, and then posting on boards as if it is fact...

Gee, I posted a link to physocology.com.

I didn't realize it was a left wing shit site until you pointed it out. laugh2:

jimnyc
03-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Gee, I posted a link to physocology.com.

I didn't realize it was a left wing shit site until you pointed it out. laugh2:

First off, the link was to psychologytoday.com and it was actually a letter from psysr.org

If they were truly psychologists, their primary initiatives wouldn't be Manning, Egypt, Poverty, Israel, Same sex marriage, Democratic change in Middle East...

Hell, look at their pictures on their facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychologists-for-Social-Responsibility-PsySR/129103042834#!/pages/Psychologists-for-Social-Responsibility-PsySR/129103042834?sk=photos

They are no more than a left wing group disguised by a name including psychology. They aren't psychologists and they are a non-profit group.

But you can believe the nitwits who are reporting on things they have only "heard" about instead of actual documentation from people who are controlling the prison and have actually witnessed what Manning is enduring - which is no different than any other prisoner in his circumstances.

He's a traitor, a "spy" and should be treated by the military as such. If the stupid ass is acting or verbally stating he is suicidal, then tough shit on him when they take away his clothing for the night.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Hardly possible, I sent you an acknowledged pm to bring it to your attention.

I remember the exchange but not in the context that you are using it in this instance. And I'm serious about that, Kath.

Psychochoblues

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 11:54 PM
First off, the link was to psychologytoday.com and it was actually a letter from psysr.org

If they were truly psychologists, their primary initiatives wouldn't be Manning, Egypt, Poverty, Israel, Same sex marriage, Democratic change in Middle East...

Hell, look at their pictures on their facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychologists-for-Social-Responsibility-PsySR/129103042834#!/pages/Psychologists-for-Social-Responsibility-PsySR/129103042834?sk=photos

They are no more than a left wing group disguised by a name including psychology. They aren't psychologists and they are a non-profit group.

But you can believe the nitwits who are reporting on things they have only "heard" about instead of actual documentation from people who are controlling the prison and have actually witnessed what Manning is enduring - which is no different than any other prisoner in his circumstances.

He's a traitor, a "spy" and should be treated by the military as such. If the stupid ass is acting or verbally stating he is suicidal, then tough shit on him when they take away his clothing for the night.

This is a snippet from armycoutmartialdefense.info and it doesn't paint a picture that many Americans would accept as acceptable treatment for ANY American prisoner in the United States of America. This is completely beyond the pale.

Source: The Law Offices of David E. Coombs

03 March 2011
PFC Manning Forced to Strip Naked
Last night, PFC Manning was inexplicably stripped of all clothing by the Quantico Brig. He remained in his cell, naked, for the next seven hours. At 5:00 a.m., the Brig sounded the wake-up call for the detainees. At this point, PFC Manning was forced to stand naked at the front of his cell.

The Duty Brig Supervisor (DBS) arrived shortly after 5:00 a.m. When he arrived, PFC Manning was called to attention. The DBS walked through the facility to conduct his detainee count. Afterwards, PFC Manning was told to sit on his bed. About ten minutes later, a guard came to his cell to return his clothing.

This type of degrading treatment is inexcusable and without justification. It is an embarrassment to our military justice system and should not be tolerated. PFC Manning has been told that the same thing will happen to him again tonight. No other detainee at the Brig is forced to endure this type of isolation and humiliation.

More: http://www.armycourtmartialdefense.info/2011/03/confinement-conditions-worsen.html

This treatment of an American military prisoner is unprecedented, unjustified and against every American value I have ever heard of or felt on this issue. Mass murderers, baby rapers, or human cannibals don't get this kind of treatment. We can all get appalled at what we "think" PFC Manning did but the assumption is that he did not do it until found guilty in a court of law whether that be a civilian or military court. And any cruel and unusual treatment directed towards PFC Manning violates civilian laws and the UCMJ.

Psychochoblues

jimnyc
03-05-2011, 09:16 AM
PFC Manning Forced to Strip Naked
Last night, PFC Manning was inexplicably stripped of all clothing by the Quantico Brig. He remained in his cell, naked, for the next seven hours. At 5:00 a.m., the Brig sounded the wake-up call for the detainees. At this point, PFC Manning was forced to stand naked at the front of his cell.

The Duty Brig Supervisor (DBS) arrived shortly after 5:00 a.m. When he arrived, PFC Manning was called to attention. The DBS walked through the facility to conduct his detainee count. Afterwards, PFC Manning was told to sit on his bed. About ten minutes later, a guard came to his cell to return his clothing.

This type of degrading treatment is inexcusable and without justification. It is an embarrassment to our military justice system and should not be tolerated. PFC Manning has been told that the same thing will happen to him again tonight. No other detainee at the Brig is forced to endure this type of isolation and humiliation.

Are you shittin' me? Hell, I've had worse treatment at my local police station! They took away every last bit of my clothing, no bedding on a metal "bed"... and that was for fighting in public. This shitbrick is in custody for being a damn traitor to our country. What have prior accused/convicted "spys" endured? I'll bet you it was a helluva lot worse than what Manning is seeing. Manning is a dickhead and suicidal because he realizes he screwed over 300 million + people. He is being treated the exact same way any other suicidal prisoner would be treated.

Mata Hari would have been proud to have you as a friend and sympathizer.

Psychoblues
03-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Are you shittin' me? Hell, I've had worse treatment at my local police station! They took away every last bit of my clothing, no bedding on a metal "bed"... and that was for fighting in public. This shitbrick is in custody for being a damn traitor to our country. What have prior accused/convicted "spys" endured? I'll bet you it was a helluva lot worse than what Manning is seeing. Manning is a dickhead and suicidal because he realizes he screwed over 300 million + people. He is being treated the exact same way any other suicidal prisoner would be treated.

Mata Hari would have been proud to have you as a friend and sympathizer.

Are you shitting me? Hell, I think you exaggerate your treatment at your local police station.

PFC Manning has had to endure this since May of 2010. His total charges amount to only a possible 52 year sentence and it isn't likely that he will be found guilty on all of them. In fact, I don't believe he will be found guilty on any of them.

Psychochoblues