PDA

View Full Version : Peaceniks, where are you?

jimnyc
03-03-2011, 06:19 AM
How many of our resident libs, and lib dems worldwide, told us over the years that going into Iraq and Afghanistan was a mistake? And what was their main reasoning - that we should never get militarily involved in other countries unless our own country was in some sort of danger. This was on this board endless amount of times, hell, it was on EVERY political board I have belonged to.

Well, now Obama and Shrillary are talking the same language - no fly zones and possible air force intervention, and possibly more, if Libya's leaders don't step down immediately and stop going after their own citizens (which is what Saddam did, and his henchmen, up till the day that we entered Iraq).

But why aren't the libs screaming that this will be a mistake? Why no protests in major cities to stop possible military activity in another country? Where is code pink and the rest of the fruit loops? Why no condemnation of Obama for being a chickenhawk and wanting to start a war that has nothing to do with the US?

You all know who you are and what you wrote/said in the past, and the whole lot of you are fucking hypocrites.

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 06:26 AM
How many of our resident libs, and lib dems worldwide, told us over the years that going into Iraq and Afghanistan was a mistake? And what was their main reasoning - that we should never get militarily involved in other countries unless our own country was in some sort of danger. This was on this board endless amount of times, hell, it was on EVERY political board I have belonged to.

Well, now Obama and Shrillary are talking the same language - no fly zones and possible air force intervention, and possibly more, if Libya's leaders don't step down immediately and stop going after their own citizens (which is what Saddam did, and his henchmen, up till the day that we entered Iraq).

But why aren't the libs screaming that this will be a mistake? Why no protests in major cities to stop possible military activity in another country? Where is code pink and the rest of the fruit loops? Why no condemnation of Obama for being a chickenhawk and wanting to start a war that has nothing to do with the US?

You all know who you are and what you wrote/said in the past, and the whole lot of you are fucking hypocrites.

I've said plenty, jimbo, and I'll be saying a hell of a lot more. What has it been now? A week, maybe 2? Ain't you going off the edge a little too early? America has an awful lot on it's plate right now no thanks to the idiots that keep getting in the way of good and genuine progressive American ideals.

Psychoblues

MtnBiker
03-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Maybe Obama and Hillary should ask the middle east to take a break until some progressive deals can be made in congress.

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Maybe Obama and Hillary should ask the middle east to take a break until some progressive deals can be made in congress.

I believe President Barack Hussein Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton are doing very well despite your advise, MB.

Psychoblues

jimnyc
03-03-2011, 10:58 AM
I've said plenty, jimbo

Can you link me to where you have condemned either Obama or Shrillary for planning no fly zones and/or possibly entering a country that puts us in no danger?

Also, when would you like to complain, AFTER deaths increase? If you were so darned dead set against GWB doing the same, you would think you would be all over this on before it even got off the ground.

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Can you link me to where you have condemned either Obama or Shrillary for planning no fly zones and/or possibly entering a country that puts us in no danger?

Also, when would you like to complain, AFTER deaths increase? If you were so darned dead set against GWB doing the same, you would think you would be all over this on before it even got off the ground.

You're just whining now, jim. It doesn't suit you well and war or potential war is just too damned serious for the pettiness you are displaying. I am not an internet sensation, own a website with anti-war slogans or do much that can easily be "linked to" in my efforts as an anti-war or I prefer "only a fully justified and fully truthful war" activist. On the other hand, I have made comments on this board and on others descibing in at least elementary detail my views on war and what it means to me and all those that don't make it back in full faculty or even alive.

I was never the always angry at gwb type until I came here, jim. I never worshipped him either. I could write you a book or several books on how and why I feel the way I do about gwb but for now only occasional snippets will have to do. Right now I'm trying to figure out why you're so angry at me. BTW, I was removed from one of the Gates hates the wars conversations. Could you check that out and shoot me back a pm telling me a little about why? I don't think I had done anything wrong and I had not been given any heads up or warning. I promised you that I'll do my best and behave but some of the actions around here confound me to no end.

Psychoblues

jimnyc
03-03-2011, 11:27 AM
You're just whining now, jim.

In other words, you are a liar and haven't spoke up about jack shit regarding US military intervention in Libya. Your long winded, barely legible mumbo jumbo doesn't change the fact that you made a statement and cannot point us to where you did speak out against what you did when it was (R)'s running the show. That's ok though, I expected no more and no less from the mass hypocrites on the left.

Psychoblues
03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
In other words, you are a liar and haven't spoke up about jack shit regarding US military intervention in Libya. Your long winded, barely legible mumbo jumbo doesn't change the fact that you made a statement and cannot point us to where you did speak out against what you did when it was (R)'s running the show. That's ok though, I expected no more and no less from the mass hypocrites on the left.

Where is all this bitterness, anger and prejudice coming from, jim? I've never known you for all that before. You told me a few years ago that you thought that I came on the board about every 3 months or so and "shit in every thread I could" and generally misbehaved. I thought about that and talked about it with my psyche doc and he explained it may be my Bi-Polar and upped my daily dose of Depakote and that seems to be working out well for me but I continue to get a little manic about a lot of things. I don't have that once every 3 month tear it all down episode anymore.

Psychoblues

krisy
03-03-2011, 07:03 PM
My mom and I were just talking about this last night,jim. About how it was such a shitty thing to have freedom in the middle east when Bush wanted it and "it was all about oil". Yet now,it seems to be a wonderful idea and the popular thing to do. The people over there seem to want what Bush wanted to give them,yet he was given "the worst president ever" grade for trying. Ironic.

Gaffer
03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Look for an air war in the next few days. The lefties don't have the guts for a straight up shooting war so they will go for something like the Balkans war. clinton got away with it and many of those same people are back in charge.

fj1200
03-03-2011, 09:08 PM
... freedom in the middle east when Bush wanted it and "it was all about oil". ... The people over there seem to want what Bush wanted to give them...

I'd say we're starting to get a return on the Bush investment.

krisy
03-03-2011, 09:27 PM
I'd say we're starting to get a return on the Bush investment.

I hope so. I wonder what the history books will say?

fj1200
03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I hope so. I wonder what the history books will say?

The genius of George W. Bush?

:salute:

krisy
03-03-2011, 09:55 PM
The genius of George W. Bush?

:salute:

:thumb:

maybe,as long as its not the same people that write them now

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
:thumb:

maybe,as long as its not the same people that write them now

gwb said he didn't give a shit what the history books said about him. We would all be dead anyway, is what he said. I find that telling and disturbing.

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 08:06 AM
gwb said he didn't give a shit what the history books said about him. We would all be dead anyway, is what he said. I find that telling and disturbing.

Psychoblues

I think you're projecting.

“As far as history goes and all of these quotes about people trying to guess what the history of the Bush administration is going to be, you know, I take great comfort in knowing that they don’t know what they are talking about, because history takes a long time for us to reach.”—George W. Bush, Fox News Sunday, Feb. 10, 2008

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I think you're projecting.

“As far as history goes and all of these quotes about people trying to guess what the history of the Bush administration is going to be, you know, I take great comfort in knowing that they don’t know what they are talking about, because history takes a long time for us to reach.”—George W. Bush, Fox News Sunday, Feb. 10, 2008

Give this a good read, fj. It's short and I think at least fair. It even condemns Obama at one point but is very gently critical of gwb. BTW, I understand that all of this is captured in widely available video.

Source: The New Republic

By: Jesse Singal

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................,

Those who study his presidency, then, won’t find a huge amount in the man himself. They’ll try to reach out and touch Bush the man, the thinker, the politician—and accidentally punch through a cardboard cutout. Behind the cutout? People who had been wanting to invade Iraq forever and got their way. People who had wanted to cut taxes for the rich forever and got their way. People who had been waiting forever for lucrative Pentagon contracts and got their way. The list goes on and on. The story of Bush will be much more about the myriad ambitious thinkers, ideologues, charlatans, and capitalists who threw themselves gleefully into the president’s orbit than it will be about the man himself.

“I’m gonna be dead, Matt, when they finally figure it out,” Bush told Lauer, when asked if he was worried about his legacy. Indeed, Bush isn’t the sort to sit up in bed at night wondering about things that will happen after he dies.

More: http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/79007/bush-lauer-interview-absolutely-nothing

Projection? Are you being satirical? BTW, I did notice some of your stuff earlier in this thread trying to get a rise. It's hilarious!!!!! Poor krisy.

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Give this a good read, fj. It's short and I think at least fair. It even condemns Obama at one point but is very gently critical of gwb. BTW, I understand that all of this is captured in widely available video.

“I’m gonna be dead, Matt, when they finally figure it out,” Bush told Lauer, when asked if he was worried about his legacy. Indeed, Bush isn’t the sort to sit up in bed at night wondering about things that will happen after he dies.

More: http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/79007/bush-lauer-interview-absolutely-nothing

Projection? Are you being satirical? BTW, I did notice some of your stuff earlier in this thread trying to get a rise. It's hilarious!!!!! Poor krisy.

Psychoblues

Crap my thesis is gone. aaaaaaahhhhhh.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Crap my thesis is gone. aaaaaaahhhhhh.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychochoblues

krisy
03-04-2011, 01:29 PM

Psychoblues

Mr Psycho,what are you talking about? Do you even know? "trying to get a rise'....what is that? It's called stating an opinion.

poor psychoblues indeed:slap:

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Mr Psycho,what are you talking about? Do you even know? "trying to get a rise'....what is that? It's called stating an opinion.

poor psychoblues indeed:slap:

You missed the satire, krisy. It was a freaking JOKE!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

krisy
03-04-2011, 01:41 PM
You missed the satire, krisy. It was a freaking JOKE!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

you lost me.....:coffee:

trobinett
03-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Psychoblues

I find that refreshing, and honest.:beer:

krisy
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM

me too:2up:

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 02:00 PM

I wish I could have a beer with you, trobby but I can do the Dr. Pepper and enjoy in other ways your subtle humor and attitude!!!!!!! Good to see you!!!

Psychoblues

trobinett
03-04-2011, 02:07 PM

I wish I could have a beer with you, trobby but I can do the Dr. Pepper and enjoy in other ways your subtle humor and attitude!!!!!!! Good to see you!!!

Psychoblues

Good for you PB...........:thumb:

fj1200
03-04-2011, 02:21 PM

“I’m gonna be dead, Matt, when they finally figure it out,” Bush told Lauer,

Psychoblues

Yes, you're projecting, your link does nothing to dispel that.

And I was being serious although I did expect a rise.

Setting aside WMD and the current status of Iraq and Afghanistan, the point was the change in policy towards the Middle East. Away from our previous most-favored-dictator policy and towards a policy of freedom and democracy. Before Bush we had a cruise missile diplomacy a la Clinton and Afghanistan/Al Qaeda and towards a "boots on the ground" effort which affirms our commitment. Bush stressed freedom and democracy in Iraq and it's not a huge stretch to see other ME countries desiring same in the current protests. Also Kathianne pointed out that Libya no longer had a nuclear program that might have caused more problems for those opposing Qaddafi.

So given the long-term nature of a president and his place in history it's no surprise that Bush expects to be long gone before the results of his efforts will be known.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Yes, you're projecting, your link does nothing to dispel that.

And I was being serious although I did expect a rise.

Setting aside WMD and the current status of Iraq and Afghanistan, the point was the change in policy towards the Middle East. Away from our previous most-favored-dictator policy and towards a policy of freedom and democracy. Before Bush we had a cruise missile diplomacy a la Clinton and Afghanistan/Al Qaeda and towards a "boots on the ground" effort which affirms our commitment. Bush stressed freedom and democracy in Iraq and it's not a huge stretch to see other ME countries desiring same in the current protests. Also Kathianne pointed out that Libya no longer had a nuclear program that might have caused more problems for those opposing Qaddafi.

So given the long-term nature of a president and his place in history it's no surprise that Bush expects to be long gone before the results of his efforts will be known.

Quit it, fj!!!!! You're killin' me!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Quit it, fj!!!!! You're killin' me!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you with actual thought. Challenge my premise please... if you dare. :evillaugh:

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you with actual thought. Challenge my premise please... if you dare. :evillaugh:

It was funny to begin with but it's getting a little thin now.

:poke:

Psychoblues

fj1200
03-04-2011, 03:04 PM
It was funny to begin with but it's getting a little thin now.

:poke:

Psychoblues

Just trying to have a conversation.

Psychoblues
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Just trying to have a conversation.

Maybe I'll feel better after while and we can do some excavating. It really is a lot of fun!!!!!! I'm just old and tired, fj.

Psychoblues