PDA

View Full Version : Obama Flies In Personal Trainer Once a Week

red states rule
03-04-2011, 03:21 AM
So as the nation faces high unemployment, record foreclosers, soaring gas prices, and inflation hitting us at the stores - Pres Obama has a personal trainer fly to supervise weekly workouts

Is this another example of liberals showing how much they care about us?

I am remined how Obama flew in a guy from Chicago to make him a pizza after he told the country we all have to tighten our belts

WASHINGTON — Michael Strautmanis had no sooner started his White House job as a deputy assistant to the president when his boss began badgering him.

“Am I working out? Am I eating right?” Mr. Strautmanis recalled President Obama asking. “And then he told me that I should use his trainer.”

The very fit president has sent other White House aides to Cornell McClellan, the trainer, a genial master tormenter who is the secret weapon behind Michelle Obama’s famously toned arms and who has overseen both Obamas’ exercise programs for more than a decade.

Mr. Strautmanis made one — and only one — appointment with Mr. McClellan, just to satisfy the president. But Mr. Obama had other plans.

As Mr. Strautmanis walked away from a White House news conference one morning, the president caught up with him and called out, “Strautmanis, Cornell says you’re not showing up for your workouts.”

“And that’s when I knew this was going to be a different experience for me,” said Mr. Strautmanis, who has forsaken cheeseburgers, taken up egg whites and lost 20 pounds since he started twice-weekly sessions with Mr. McClellan in a gym at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/28/us/politics/28trainer.html?_r=3&ref=politics