PDA

View Full Version : SEIU Thungs Disrupt OH Senator's Dinner and Accost Restaurant Workers

red states rule
03-05-2011, 08:39 AM
What is next with these goons - going to a private home and kicking in the door?

So these are the people the Dems stand by and pledge support to - the poor abused underpaid and overworked union workers - who storm into a dining room and attack the staff

Can't wait to see how the union thungs maintain "order" in the streets on election day 2012

The volatility surrounding the collective-bargaining debate spilled into the night Wednesday when police were called to a German Village restaurant after a group verbally accosted a gathering of Senate Republicans.

After the vote on Senate Bill 5, seven Republican senators, including President Tom Niehaus, R-New Richmond, grabbed dinner at the Easy Street Cafe. As the lawmakers neared the end of their meal, a group of five to 10 union supporters angry about the passage of the bill hours before burst into the restaurant and began shouting.

The commotion eventually led to pushing and shoving with the restaurant staff and owner, before police arrived to calm the situation as a police helicopter hovered overhead. No senators were involved in the physical altercations, and no charges have been filed.

"It could have (gotten physical)," said Sen. Frank LaRose, 31, a Fairlawn Republican who served as a Green Beret. "The group was agitated and they were shoving the owner, and he had nothing to do with this."

LaRose said it didn't take special intelligence training to notice that while the lawmakers were eating, a woman walked past the window several times, poked her head in the door and got on her cell phone.

"It was planned," LaRose said. "They gathered as a group and waited until they had about 10 people before they caused a disturbance."

When the group burst into the restaurant, the woman, Monica Moran, deputy director of public affairs for SEIU District 1199, raised her hands in the air, yelled "Can I have your attention?" and then shouted "something nasty," LaRose said. Soon after, the rest of the group of men and women joined in with a chant.

"They stormed through my dining room," said George Stefanidis, owner of the Easy Street Cafe. "I told them they had to leave, and they wouldn't."

Stefanidis said he called 911 when the protesters refused to leave. LaRose said there was pushing and shoving with the restaurant staff. Meanwhile, someone on the outside slapped an anti-Senate Bill 5 sign on the window near where Niehaus was sitting.

http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/03/04/copy/senate-bill-5-drama-spills-into-restaurant.html?adsec=politics&sid=101

krisy
03-05-2011, 09:04 AM
This would be plastered all over the news if the Tea party did it. The headline would read-"More Tea Party Violence Errupts in Ohio Restaurant". If I would have been in that restauraunt,it would have been difficult to keep my mouth shut!

red states rule
03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
This would be plastered all over the news if the Tea party did it. The headline would read-"More Tea Party Violence Errupts in Ohio Restaurant". If I would have been in that restauraunt,it would have been difficult to keep my mouth shut!

The liberal media bias towards the unions has been clear

Nothing about the Walker/Hitler signs

Nothing about the physical assualts

Nothing about the ammo found at the WI Statehouse

Nothing about the MILLIONS in damage to the WI Statehouse caused by the rent a mob crowd

The liberal media is waving the pom poms for the union thugs sicne their dues finance elections for the Dems - so they are willing to overlook the tactics used to attain thier goals

Like elected Dems, to the liberal media, the ends justify the means

krisy
03-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Isn't it amazing how all THAT violence is overlooked? From what I understand,the Ohio bill is even harder on the unions than the Wisconsin bill,but don't quote me on that. So far,we haven't had any teachers out in my kids' district. Our governor is holding his own salute:

One of my son's 10th grade teachers did inform the class that the bill was "stupid" tho:laugh:

red states rule
03-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Isn't it amazing how all THAT violence is overlooked? From what I understand,the Ohio bill is even harder on the unions than the Wisconsin bill,but don't quote me on that. So far,we haven't had any teachers out in my kids' district. Our governor is holding his own salute:

One of my son's 10th grade teachers did inform the class that the bill was "stupid" tho:laugh:

The liberal media overlooks this violence because the unions are the life blood for the Dems election chances

Taxpayer money is used to finance the Dems elections

and unions WERE THE BIGGEST DONERS IN THE LAST ELECTION CYCLE

Hw do you feel Krisy knowing your tax dollars find their way to the DNC?

krisy
03-05-2011, 09:27 AM
The liberal media overlooks this violence because the unions are the life blood for the Dems election chances

Taxpayer money is used to finance the Dems elections

and unions WERE THE BIGGEST DONERS IN THE LAST ELECTION CYCLE

Hw do you feel Krisy knowing your tax dollars find their way to the DNC?

:puke:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
03-05-2011, 09:29 AM
:puke:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Here is an article that will never see the light of day in the liberal media

The liberal columnist E. J. Dionne is crying in his column today about the plight of the public sector unions. He accuses Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker of seeking “a shift in the long-term balance of political power that undercutting collective bargaining.” But the nub of his complain appears in his last paragraph where he writes,

The Supreme Court's Citizens United decision, which swept away decades of restrictions on corporate spending to influence elections, has already tilted the political playing field toward the country's most formidable business interests. Eviscerating the power of the unions would make Republicans and Democrats alike more dependent than ever on rich and powerful interests and undercut the countervailing strength of working people.

This is a variant on the argument that Democrats need the money they receive from public sector unions in order to balance the money Republicans receive from greedy corporations. But of course there are some factual problems with that argument. The Republicans, as my Examiner colleague Timothy Carney points out with a wealth of example, don’t monopolize contributions from business interests and in the past several campaign cycles have in fact received less business money than Democrats. And no one has demonstrated that the Citizens United decision resulted in a vast flow of money to anyone, much less a disproportionate flow to Republicans. There’s nothing here to countervail.

It’s interesting to see Democrats bewail the unfairness—unfairness, unfairness!—of Republicans being able to raise in the 2010 cycle almost as much money as they did. But that was less a function of Citizens United than it was a result of the smart money figuring out who was going to win the election.

The most important factual problem with Dionne’s argument is that he doesn’t mention where the money public employee unions contribute to Democrats comes from. Let me refer him to these words from my Examiner column last Wednesday:

Taxpayers, present and future, . . . are the source of every penny of dues paid to public employee unions, who in turn spend much of that money on politics, almost all of it for Democrats. In effect, public employee unions are a mechanism by which every taxpayer is forced to fund the Democratic Party.

My question to E. J. Dionne: What’s the public policy argument for taxpayer funding of one of two major political parties?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/

red states rule
03-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Damn, I thought PB would have been here by now defending the thugs by saying this is another fake story or how the thugs were "setup"