PDA

View Full Version : D.C. Radio Host Gets Booted for Knocking Radical Islam

red states rule
03-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I guess this guy was not PC enough for the brass at the station

Fred Grandy, the former "Love Boat" star who served several terms in Congress before landing a gig as a radio host, resigned from his show this week after he was pressured to stop talking so much about radical Islam, his wife, Catherine, told FoxNews.com.

Catherine Mann-Grandy, who spoke with FoxNews.com extensively about the details of their split with WMAL management, confirmed that the couple's critical commentary on radical Islam was the driving factor behind Grandy's resignation.

"You're not allowed to talk about what's happening in your country," she said.

Fred Grandy, best known for his role as Gopher in "The Love Boat," had been on air as a host at Washington, D.C.'s WMAL since 2003. He worked most recently as host of "The Grandy Group" -- his wife made regular appearances on that show under the nickname "Mrs. Fred."

But while both of them started devoting more and more segments to the subject of Muslim influence in America over the past year, it was Catherine's comments that apparently led to an ultimatum.

Mann-Grandy, who did a regular segment called "domestic terrorism 101," hit a string of topics on their show last Friday. Though the segment was taken off the radio's site, she described it. She said that, on air, she quoted a rabbi who compared radical Muslims to Nazis, complained that President Obama was not doing enough to help Israel, warned that "Shariah-compliant" individuals work in the government and discussed several other Islam-related topics.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/05/ex-rep-gopher-leaves-radio-pressure-islam-comments/#ixzz1Fjnmr5v2

Psychoblues
03-05-2011, 06:30 PM
I guess this guy was not PC enough for the brass at the station

Looks to me like the station just had enough of the innuendo and fearmongering.

Psychochoblues

krisy
03-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Psychochoblues

You mean like the kind the tea party gets?

Psychoblues
03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
You mean like the kind the tea party gets?

Yes, krisy, the teabaggers are a very fearful, angry, hateful bunch but just whose fault is that? When your modem operandi is wilful ignorance and your only actions are counter productive to the claims you make as your ideals then it is no wonder that even right-rightwingers are avoiding the teabaggers like the plague. Just who would want Dick Armey, Sara Pallin, Christie McDonnell et al representing their point of view? Not me!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychochoblues

krisy
03-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes, krisy, the teabaggers are a very fearful, angry, hateful bunch but just whose fault is that? When your modem operandi is wilful ignorance and your only actions are counter productive to the claims you make as your ideals then it is no wonder that even right-rightwingers are avoiding the teabaggers like the plague. Just who would want Dick Armey, Sara Pallin, Christie McDonnell et al representing their point of view? Not me!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychochoblues

what has the tea party done thats hateful? I believe its the left wing unions that are leaving trash all over the place and storming restaurants like a bunch of street thugs :lol:

Psychoblues
03-05-2011, 09:59 PM
what has the tea party done thats hateful? I believe its the left wing unions that are leaving trash all over the place and storming restaurants like a bunch of street thugs :lol:

Have you ever been to a picnic ground after a pretty day, or a fast food restaurant after a busy shift, or a convention of ANY kind or particularly holing up in a building not suited for overnight stays but compelled to be there anyway? All this whining about the citizens of Wisconsin sharing their displeasure with the actions of an incompetent governor is about to get on my last nerve. The tea baggers showed up in Wisconsin to show their asses but were put on notice real damned quick that the protests there were peaceful and the teabagger bullshit would not be tolerated by the genuine protesters or the law enforcement officials.

Psychochoblues

trobinett
03-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Have you ever been to a picnic ground after a pretty day, or a fast food restaurant after a busy shift, or a convention of ANY kind or particularly holing up in a building not suited for overnight stays but compelled to be there anyway? All this whining about the citizens of Wisconsin sharing their displeasure with the actions of an incompetent governor is about to get on my last nerve. The tea baggers showed up in Wisconsin to show their asses but were put on notice real damned quick that the protests there were peaceful and the teabagger bullshit would not be tolerated by the genuine protesters or the law enforcement officials.

Psychochoblues

Could be right PB, but would you be so good as to point those points out to me?

Seems to me, that group was LOOKING for a fight, and once they found it, thought better of it.

Don't have anything against Unions per-say, but they sure don't endear themselves to the average working stiff.

They need to hire a PR person, or keep their yap shut........:poke:

Psychoblues
03-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Could be right PB, but would you be so good as to point those points out to me?

Seems to me, that group was LOOKING for a fight, and once they found it, thought better of it.

Don't have anything against Unions per-say, but they sure don't endear themselves to the average working stiff.

They need to hire a PR person, or keep their yap shut........:poke:

I'll agree that by the time Unions hit the streets they are in no mood to be further fucked with. It ain't easy being a Union member in those circumstances. If you are talking about the teaggers showing up looking for a fight then you would be correct. It was widely reported on the stations that I watch at the time but I haven't heard about it now in a couple weeks. In fact, I haven't heard much about the Wisconsin strike at all. Liberal media my ass. I'll post something about that later, trobby.

Psychochoblues

logroller
03-09-2011, 07:12 AM
This thread is about zionists, not unions. Maybe I should bring up anthropogenic global warming; as it seems equally relevant.

logroller
03-09-2011, 07:18 AM

Psychochoblues

Don't the schticky jews know WashDC is secular. Head north, NYC is the place for their kind; though, avoid any tall towers:poke: