PDA

View Full Version : Animals

jimnyc
01-20-2007, 08:44 AM
What are your favorite animals? Of course we all like cats and dogs, but you can include exotic animals too! What would you own if it was legal?

I already have 2 retarded dogs and a kitty. I would also like the following:

Chimpanzee (lifelong dream)
Panther
Bengal (ever since I saw Mike Tyson's when they were kitties)
Komodo Dragon
Parrot
Horse (must be all black!)

Gaffer
01-20-2007, 01:28 PM
I'd like to get a pig for a pet. I'd name him mohamad.

KitchenKitten99
02-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I only have 2 cats and a dog, and a parakeet at the moment. I had an iguana once. I also have owned guinea pigs in the past. i love all kinds of pets except insects and arachnids and other stuff that belongs on the bottom of my shoe.

I want a horse really bad though. I love horses & riding. Only likeminded horse-people don't give me odd looks when I say that the smell of a horse-only barn is so calming to me. The combined smell of hay, grain, saddle soap, leather saddles, and the horses themselves is a smell that only a horseperson can appreciate.

Nienna
02-01-2007, 09:26 AM
If I was going to have a pet in the house, I would prefer a kitty. But I REALLY like elephants. :)

jackass
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
The combined smell of hay, grain, saddle soap, leather saddles, and the horses themselves is a smell that only a horseperson can appreciate.

Dont forget shit!!
My aunt owns a horse farm. Went there many times over the summers...but I dont think fondly of that smell. :dunno:

TheStripey1
02-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm sure y'all have heard this one...

Dogs have owners...
Cats have Staff!

Staff to 3 cats here... one 16 year old female Norwegian Forest Cat calico named Tui and 2- 5 year old Bengal Cat half-brothers... named Breezy and Obi1...

and cub oh cub oh cub, are they ever pawfulls...

:eek:

darin
02-02-2007, 05:23 PM
If I was going to have a pet in the house, I would prefer a kitty. But I REALLY like elephants. :)

You complain cleaning up after a dog - think of ELEPHANT turds in your yard! :)

:D

Jaguar...the feline, not the car.

TheStripey1
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Or elephant tracks in the butter... :eek:

If you want a spotty cat, dmp, you should look into Bengals... they're domestic, they're normal sized, they're incredibly smart, and omg, drop dead gorgeous...

Can we post pics here? I've got thousands... proud cat daddy...

TheStripey1
02-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Started a thread in the Photography forum titled My Bengal Cats (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=9523#post9523) ...

krisy
02-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Or elephant tracks in the butter... :eek:

If you want a spotty cat, dmp, you should look into Bengals... they're domestic, they're normal sized, they're incredibly smart, and omg, drop dead gorgeous...

Can we post pics here? I've got thousands... proud cat daddy...

Aren't Bengal kitties pretty expensive? I thought I saw some years ago at a local pet store,of course that store was on the news for neglect.

I have to say that dogs are by far my favorite animal...not exotic,I know:)

I work with dogs all day and still love em. There is nothing on this earth more loyal and faithful as a dog.

As for animals a little more exotic,I wouldn't mind having a parrot...African Grey.Those are the ones that have the intelligence of a 3 or 4 year old child. They are amazing.

Sitarro
02-25-2007, 06:02 AM

Denver Zookeeper Dies From Jaguar Attack

Feb 24 6:56 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/24/D8NGD1VG1.html

DENVER (AP) -- A zookeeper died Saturday after a 140-pound jaguar mauled her in its enclosure, and the big cat was fatally shot when it approached emergency workers treating the injured woman, the zoo said.
The zookeeper, whose name was not immediately released, was taken to Denver General Hospital, where she died, police spokesman Sonny Jackson said.

The park closed after the shooting and it wasn't immediately known whether it would reopen Sunday, spokeswoman Amy Sarno said. "Obviously, everyone is very upset," she said.

Zoo officials did not know how the mauling occurred or what led up to the incident, Sarno said.

The jaguar, a 6-year-old male named Jorge, was shot by a zoo employee and the public was never at risk, the zoo said. The big cat had been at the zoo for nearly two years.

The Web site notes, "The jaguar is the third largest cat in the world behind the tiger and lion. Yet, they have the most powerful jaw of all the big cats."

Sitarro
02-25-2007, 06:11 AM
Dont forget shit!!
My aunt owns a horse farm. Went there many times over the summers...but I dont think fondly of that smell. :dunno:

I remember Dom Irrera talking about cats in his act...
He told about how his wife had taught their cat how to use the toilet which was great and all except when he needed to go. He would find himself outside the bathroom door asking if he was going to be that long....finally, after awhile he couldn't hold it any longer so he took a dump in the litter box.
Later his neighbor came over and saw the litter box and said ''Jeez what kind of cat do you have, a mountain lion?". It was funnier when he told it.

Merlin
02-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure which animals I would like to have. I haven't tasted most of them mentioned except for cat and dog, and wouldn't know how to skin them. I've had a few pet gators, hogs, wild turkeys, ducks, coons, a possum or two, and even a fox one time, but I would up eating most of them. I do have a Lhasa Apso K-9 son right now though. Thats enough for me.

Sitarro
02-26-2007, 01:27 AM
I would like a Harpy Eagle, the most fearsome bird of prey that lives on this planet. Twenty pounds, seven foot wingspan, plucks monkeys and sloths out of the rainforest canopy. A couple hundred pounds of bone crushing pressure in those talons....Badass!

shattered
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
http://www.galleryone.com/images/frace/frace%20-%20baby%20snow%20leopard.jpg

I'd give up every other animal on the planet for one of those...