PDA

View Full Version : The Dayton Police Department is lowering its testing standards for recruits

crin63
03-13-2011, 10:16 AM
I saw this article and it made me think of the Lib's here. They've got to love this legislation. Its right in their wheelhouse of dumbing-down America!

It's a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam.

Dayton is in desperate need of officers to replace dozens of retirees. The hiring process was postponed for months because the D.O.J. rejected the original scores provided by the Dayton Civil Service Board, which administers the test.

Under the previous requirements, candidates had to get a 66% on part one of the exam and a 72% on part two.

The D.O.J. approved new scoring policy only requires potential police officers to get a 58% and a 63%. That's the equivalent of an ‘F’ and a ‘D’.

snip

“The NAACP does not support individuals failing a test and then having the opportunity to be gainfully employed,” agreed Dayton NAACP President Derrick Foward.

snip

“If you lower the score for any group of people, you're not getting the best qualified people for the job,” Foward said.

Trigg
03-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I read that a few days ago. I did like that the NAACP is against lowering the scores.

It's pathetic that they want officers who aren't passing the test. Personally I think the previous scores were too low, they were the equivalent of a D and C-

Gaffer
03-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Those are the scores necessary for blacks. If your white you have to have 80% or better to be considered. Cincinnati use to require whites get a 98% or better to get an interview. While blacks needed 66%. At one point it was as low as 40%. Affirmative actions sucks in so many ways you can't count them. You end up with a lot of dumb, racist, criminals as cops.

stephanie
03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm glad I don't live in Dayton.

This is the Obama administration folks. What do they care if the POLICE are qualified or not. They don't HAVE to live there.

Gaffer
03-13-2011, 08:12 PM
You'll see more of this in other cities soon. The dark lord is putting more of his goons in place. these affirmative action types are gullible, ignorant and in many cases criminals. I worked with them before. Nothing good will come of it.

Mr. P
03-15-2011, 11:22 PM
The Keystone Cops...Live! :laugh:

revelarts
03-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Those are the scores necessary for blacks. If your white you have to have 80% or better to be considered. Cincinnati use to require whites get a 98% or better to get an interview. While blacks needed 66%. At one point it was as low as 40%. Affirmative actions sucks in so many ways you can't count them. You end up with a lot of dumb, racist, criminals as cops.

nothing like ignorant cops when you building a police state.

but that's just crazy,
you say they used to, so they've change that policy now ... I hope.

Gaffer
03-16-2011, 10:00 AM
nothing like ignorant cops when you building a police state.

but that's just crazy,
you say they used to, so they've change that policy now ... I hope.

I don't know as I haven't been involved with looking at the police jobs in this area in a long time. In cincy it involved the police and fire dept. Dayton is just lowering an already lower minority score. They will be waiving criminal records soon too.

I have known and worked with many affirmative action hires, and NONE were worth a shit. Some were honest good guys but dumb as a stack of bricks, others were just criminals.