PDA

View Full Version : Another take on Iran policy

revelarts
03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A_7phE0RtbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

interesting sure I like the idea but there seems there are no option I really like at this point.

Gaffer
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I disagree with him. You don't placate and reward evil. You face it down and when necessary you fight. Interesting that he chose to retire to liberal land.

revelarts
03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
In my rush to to type I didn't say what I meant.

What I meant to write was,
"very interesting I'm not sure I like the idea, but there seems there are no options I really like at this point. "

But Gaffer you make a good point. I don't think our deal with China is doing us much good or will in the long run either.
Fighting them in every other way but an all out war sounds about as close to the right move as i can see at this point.

Gaffer
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree with you Rev. Would be best if we could support rebels in iran and let them take down their government. It's a dangerous fanatical government. You don't deal with that type. I totally disagreed with nixon and kissinger about china and still do. All they did was give murders credibility.

logroller
03-25-2011, 04:26 AM
But Gaffer you make a good point. I don't think our deal with China is doing us much good or will in the long run either.
Fighting them in every other way but an all out war sounds about as close to the right move as i can see at this point.

But where else are we to buy all our cheap widgets and fund our evergrowing national debt???

(sarcasm)

fj1200
03-25-2011, 05:12 AM
But where else are we to buy all our cheap widgets and fund our evergrowing national debt???

(sarcasm)

Sarcasm noted but they aren't funding our national debt. It is another example of populist fear of foreign influence.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2009/04/chart_war_chinas_us_holdings.html