PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the Japan talk????

LuvRPgrl
03-19-2011, 02:35 PM
As someone said, "this is a modern country with modern building construction, with early warning systems in place, with all the preparedness a country can possibly have, and yet......"

where do you live, what natural disasters occur there, or could, what do you have in place to be prepared for it.

Where is the safest place in America, and/or the world , from Natural disasters.?

Why is there no looting in Japan?

namvet
03-19-2011, 04:34 PM
As someone said, "this is a modern country with modern building construction, with early warning systems in place, with all the preparedness a country can possibly have, and yet......"

where do you live, what natural disasters occur there, or could, what do you have in place to be prepared for it.

Where is the safest place in America, and/or the world , from Natural disasters.?

there's no blacks

no there's really no safe place to hide. in Japan they simply did not expect a quake this size to hit.

Noir
03-19-2011, 11:11 PM
there's no blacks

no there's really no safe place to hide. in Japan they simply did not expect a quake this size to hit.

I've heard otherwise, that they have been expecting something like this for a while as a big one has been overdue. js.

LuvRPgrl
03-19-2011, 11:43 PM
I've heard otherwise, that they have been expecting something like this for a while as a big one has been overdue. js.

Oddly enough, they are saying the same thing in California. They are saying that the longer we go without one, the more severe it will be, like as though its building up pressure,,,YET..........

The Japanese quake of 8.9 had a precursor, either earlier in the day, or the day before of about 6.4, which is a pretty strong quake in its own right, yet that did nothing to alleviate the "BIG ONE", which is contrary to what they are saying about Calif, yet they keep on repeating it...

krisy
03-20-2011, 09:44 AM
One of the first things I noticed a couple days after the quake was that there was no looting. My first thought was that it must be a difference in culture. Some in the U.S. are raised to believe something is owed to them,or that they deserve it just because they were born. Too many are being raised with that mindset!

I think the Japanese people have handled the situation well(not sure about the power plant stuff) and have been a model for how people should behave in a crisis. Something that really has ticked me off is the insinuation on facebook and other places that the earthquake/tsunami is somehow payback for Pearl Harbor......really people?!!! Absurd! A co worker of mine said she didn't give a f*ck about it,that we can't even help our own,and "look at what they did at Pearl Harbor". I informed her that PH was 70 years ago and that Japan is our friend now and took precautions so something like that would not happen again!

I also asked her if she believed all those innocent civilians deserved this? She promptly backed off and said.."no,your right,the didn't"

LuvRPgrl
03-21-2011, 10:00 PM
One of the first things I noticed a couple days after the quake was that there was no looting. My first thought was that it must be a difference in culture. Some in the U.S. are raised to believe something is owed to them,or that they deserve it just because they were born. Too many are being raised with that mindset!

I think the Japanese people have handled the situation well(not sure about the power plant stuff) and have been a model for how people should behave in a crisis. Something that really has ticked me off is the insinuation on facebook and other places that the earthquake/tsunami is somehow payback for Pearl Harbor......really people?!!! Absurd! A co worker of mine said she didn't give a f*ck about it,that we can't even help our own,and "look at what they did at Pearl Harbor". I informed her that PH was 70 years ago and that Japan is our friend now and took precautions so something like that would not happen again!

I also asked her if she believed all those innocent civilians deserved this? She promptly backed off and said.."no,your right,the didn't"

The Tokoyo metro area has a larger population than all of california, yet all of Japan is much smaller than Ca., for thousands of years they have lived in a basically closed society

This leads to a much stronger than usual submission to authority, which is pretty much a neccessity in a place so desne of population.

This submission is a double edged sword, right now, the lack of looting is its manifistation in a positive way, however, their sworn allegiance to the Emporer in WWII is what happens when it turns its ugly head.

namvet
03-22-2011, 07:48 AM
tradition. the men in these nuke plants are considered to be Samurai warriors acording to the MSM. they consider themselves aready dead

namvet
03-22-2011, 07:51 AM
and we're stuck with the looters

http://i30.tinypic.com/qxpith.jpg

Trigg
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I've heared that there has been some looting. But really, who can blame them if they've gone without for such a long time.

Nothing like New Orleans where people started looting the next day.

After watching video's, it wasn't the quake that got them, it was the HUGE wall of water. I don't know if you can prepare for that kind of destruction.

namvet
03-22-2011, 03:45 PM
My8oijjuH84

revelarts
03-22-2011, 04:46 PM
there's no blacks

Whites do all their looting on wall st. and by Gov't contacts.

revelarts
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
By ERIC BELLMAN And MIHO INADA

SENDAI, Japan—When a tsunami blasted through Kirin Brewery's seaside facilities here, it tipped over giant beer-storage tanks and spread a blanket of beer bottles, barrels and other goods across the port. The beverages that spilled out were then hit a second time: by a surge of thirsty residents.

Eric Bellman/The Wall Street Journal

Witnesses say that for close to a week after the wave, hundreds of people came on foot, by car and on their bicycles to pick up the Kirin products on the streets near the company's Sendai plant until there was almost none left other then the occasional bottle or can.

Witnesses say hundreds of people carted off beer, coffee, juice and other goods that had escaped Kirin's massive warehouse when the tsunami waters receded.

"All kinds of people came and were taking things away, they kept coming until everything was gone," on Saturday, said Makoto Igarashi, who manages a gas station across the street from the Kirin brewery. "Some even tried to enter the Kirin grounds, but the guards stopped them."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703410604576216293024644156.html?m od=googlenews_wsj

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/AI-BJ304_JLOOT__G_20110322122655.jpg

namvet
03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703410604576216293024644156.html?m od=googlenews_wsj

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/AI-BJ304_JLOOT__G_20110322122655.jpg

only incident ive heard of. but the Gov over have left these people to themselves. thirst and starvation will become an issue. the article claims the Tsunami did it. not them. they're on their own. whats the photo???

revelarts
03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
whats the photo???

looted Japanese ATM.