PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like I'm Gonna Get A Flood

Psychoblues
03-19-2011, 11:29 PM
So far, so good but it looks like tomorrow my yard will be part of the Mississippi River. At that point I intend to move out temporarily into a motel room or possibly with my wife's sister. I hate it because my son is flying in from LA this Thursday and that is the only time I get to spend some time with him. He is truly a gift from God for me. Wherever we decide to go I will make for certain that he is part of the major plans.

Psychochoblues

Kathianne
03-20-2011, 06:11 AM
I hope the mess isn't too bad, floods are bad enough. Mississippi mud has to be terrible. Enjoy your time with your son.

krisy
03-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I hope everything turns out o.k. PB. Hope you have time with your son:2up: Lots of flooding in Ohio too.

One thing that drives me nuts every year tho. People that live right on the banks of the Ohio River and whine and moan when the house floods!!! Every year!!!! Why in the heck do they live there?!

Psychoblues
03-20-2011, 03:04 PM
I hope the mess isn't too bad, floods are bad enough. Mississippi mud has to be terrible. Enjoy your time with your son.

Thanks, Kath. I bought my wife a new pressure washer last year so clean-up shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, I bought her a brand new chain saw, too, and she don't give a damn about it either!!!!!! Oh well. It was only stimulus money.

Psychochoblues

Psychoblues
03-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I hope everything turns out o.k. PB. Hope you have time with your son:2up: Lots of flooding in Ohio too.

One thing that drives me nuts every year tho. People that live right on the banks of the Ohio River and whine and moan when the house floods!!! Every year!!!! Why in the heck do they live there?!

Well, I can't speak for the yanks in Ohio but I know a little about these Mississippi mud cats. We know exactly where we live, how it behaves every 5 or 6 years or so, what to do during flood season, how to remain cool, calm, collective and constantly prepared. It is simply impossible to have a "flash flood" on this part of the river plane so that is not a worry. We always have lots of notice so the only ones that get caught with their drawers down are the lazy bastards that ALWAYS depend on those around them to sustain their derelictions.

I hope you didn't think I was whining and moaning, krisy. Discussion is all I intended if you are so inclined or interested.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychochoblues

Psychoblues
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, I got the high water!!!!!!!! Although it's supposed to start back the other way tomorrow I only have about a 20 x 20 foot spot dry on my driveway. The rest of my driveway, all of my yard and all under my house are covered in water from about 1" to 1' deep. My little shed/garage will need to be pressure washed about a foot high in and out and the floor cleaned real good but I can already see that we've had another good flood season!!!!!!

My son also came in yesterday and we stayed up till 5am jabbering about everything on earth. He is everything to and for me. I love my wife and my step daughter and I don't care to talk about my step son but this son is just so special to me and me to him. His mother abandoned him at 2 1/2 years old for me to sign over a Ford Pinto to her so she could trade it on a new Buick. She never knew that I would and could have bought her a brand new Buick, Cadillac or any damned thing she wanted and would have to get my son from her cruel and ignorant ass but I just signed the Pinto over and Que Sera Sera. She popped up from time to time but she never does any more. She is the epitome of evil, greed, stupidity and incredibly self centered. I hear she is now much older than her years, very weak, frail, severely diabetic and near death in Boston, Mass. I was her first husband, she is working on #7 at this time and he doesn't have a single knowledge of her son, my son, Shane. Just how pitiful is that? Shane just mentioned to me this afternoon that as much as he loves my wife, his step mother, and as much as she loves him he always wanted a biological mother to just care about him long enough to acknowledge him. He never got that and never will.

WOW!!!!!!! Am I ever rambling!!!!!! Sorry, folks, I just needed to talk a little bit about it.

Anyways, thank goodness for the good flood season this year!!!!!!!!!!

Psychochoblues

Psychoblues
04-25-2011, 04:23 AM
I spoke too soon, folks. It looks like the water is back and back with a vengeance. The Corps of Engineers say the Mississippi is going to crest at 44 feet in Memphis. My house is on stilts but at 44 feet that will put the water about 6 inches to one foot inside my house. I don't have a positive reference point so I really don't know how much it will get in but it is going to get in. I'm making arrangements with a local moving and storage outfit to come in here and get my stuff in the next few days and it looks like it's going to cost a couple thousand. I can't do anything about the fact that I just put all brand knew Golden Teak wood and a copper/orange/gray shale tile flooring all through my house. I may get lucky and just have some insulation, underpinning and general clean-up but I tend to plan for the worst and in this case there isn't anything more that I can do.

Thanks Folks!!!

Psychochoblues

Kathianne
04-25-2011, 04:32 AM
I spoke too soon, folks. It looks like the water is back and back with a vengeance. The Corps of Engineers say the Mississippi is going to crest at 44 feet in Memphis. My house is on stilts but at 44 feet that will put the water about 6 inches to one foot inside my house. I don't have a positive reference point so I really don't know how much it will get in but it is going to get in. I'm making arrangements with a local moving and storage outfit to come in here and get my stuff in the next few days and it looks like it's going to cost a couple thousand. I can't do anything about the fact that I just put all brand knew Golden Teak wood and a copper/orange/gray shale tile flooring all through my house. I may get lucky and just have some insulation, underpinning and general clean-up but I tend to plan for the worst and in this case there isn't anything more that I can do.

Thanks Folks!!!

Psychochoblues

I hope all your things make it through, but happy that you are all ok! I just can't imagine the mud that the Mississippi would leave behind.

Psychoblues
04-25-2011, 11:05 PM
I hope all your things make it through, but happy that you are all ok! I just can't imagine the mud that the Mississippi would leave behind.

Thanks, Kath. My moving and storage company is scheduled for 9am Wednesday. Not a day too soon. By Friday most vehicles will not be able to get in and by Monday no vehicles at all will be able to get in. The latest forecast is 45 feet on May 10. My wife and I will probably never live in this house again and I don't hink anyone else will either but we'll see.

FEMA was in here this afternoon and told everyone they will more than likely call for emergency evacuation later this week. They gave us a lot of tips about preparation and what to expect but basically we can expect the worst. Ain't nothing pretty going to be happening here in the next few weeks. This flood will be more catastrophic than anything since 1927. That's the price we pay for living on the Mississippi River.

Thanks, Kath

Psychochoblues