PDA

View Full Version : Bush I breifer Ejected From Clinton meeting 4 freedom

revelarts
03-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Ray McGovern Bears Bruises of American Hypocrisy

71 year old Army veteran, former cia Bush I briefer stands up and turns his back silently as Sec of state H. Clinton talks about how terrible OTHER countries are , in there lack of freedom an abuse of protester. As this quiet 71 yr old guy is jumpped, cuffed, dragged and jailed down the road out of the presence Clinton.... for , well , protesting

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6ceKzBJwDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

actsnoblemartin
03-20-2011, 10:56 PM
the real question is, am i gonna be the only one from this board to call george washington university and tell um what they are for this?

actsnoblemartin
03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
will i be the only one to grow a pair and challenge this fucker?

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2011/02/hillary-aide-blatantly-lies-radio-about-ray-mcgoverns-silent-protest

http://www.facebook.com/alec.ross1

What I wrote on facebook to that piece of shit

Subject: How Dare You

let those thugs, er security guards accost a senior citizen like that.

Shame on you and Hilary for doing nothing to stop it.

Quite pathetic actually

I saw the video, you are a liar, He didnt yell until you let the goons put their hands on him.

You, Hilary, and those thugs, acted no better then nazi's

logroller
03-20-2011, 11:14 PM
hypocrisy in politics? say it aint so:rolleyes:

IMO--the practice of suppression is the most efficient means to secure peace, and thus preserve the foundation of government.

Sorry couldn't watch the video, kept breakin up (limited bandwidth from wife on friendspaceflix or something) I'm assuming it was at a private function, were it in the streets it'd be fine. As frustrating as it may be, rules is rules.

Psychoblues
03-21-2011, 12:28 AM
My uncle, who is also 71, bruises and cuts at the slightest contact with anything at all. Just because an older person shows cuts and bruises does not in and of itself indicate rough treatment of any kind. Perhaps his protesting would have been more productive on public property. Having gone to the meeting looking for trouble and finding it I am somewhat offended that he would somehow now look for pity.

Psychochoblues

revelarts
03-21-2011, 07:21 AM
hypocrisy in politics? say it aint so:rolleyes:

IMO--the practice of suppression is the most efficient means to secure peace, and thus preserve the foundation of government.

Sorry couldn't watch the video, kept breakin up (limited bandwidth from wife on friendspaceflix or something) I'm assuming it was at a private function, were it in the streets it'd be fine. As frustrating as it may be, rules is rules.

My uncle, who is also 71, bruises and cuts at the slightest contact with anything at all. Just because an older person shows cuts and bruises does not in and of itself indicate rough treatment of any kind. Perhaps his protesting would have been more productive on public property. Having gone to the meeting looking for trouble and finding it I am somewhat offended that he would somehow now look for pity.

Psychochoblues

Log,
c'mon
"I suspect it would be OK on the street?"
Have you sen the Cops in street protest lately? Is the only place the people can mount even a silent protest the streets and by e-mail.
And You can bet NONE of the protest in the middle east had permits.
but it it we tried to protest here "in the streets" without permits the Black clad "RIOT" Police would shut it down hard and quick. Rules is rules

"Rules is Rules"
You mean like... um... the constitution?

Log, he was part of the ticketed/approved audience. He stood silently (actually just remained standing after the applause) NON-threateningly and turned his back.
It's a speech at a university, not Court, as in criminal or Royal, where everyone is expected bow to the proper authorities.

Psych?!
So when the last time you bruise your 71 year uncle. And made him Bleed till his a part of his pants where soaked in blood?

"gone looking for trouble"
Is that what protest is?
"Going to look for trouble"

Your support for the Clinton's is not so complete that they can do no wrong, is it Psych?

To stand in silent protest is big trouble making.
What do you call it when green peace does it's antics or PETA or Code pink etc etc ?

McGovern stood there as a member of Vetrens for peace.

here's commonDreams take on the situation Psych
http://www.commondreams.org/further/2011/02/16-3

But it's not a left right issue it's another freedom issue.

revelarts
03-21-2011, 07:30 AM
http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sibelhillary.gif

logroller
03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Forgive my misunderstanding, I wasn't aware his "disruption" was nonverbal and nonthreatening. Simply turning around and shunning the speaker is difficult to construe as being disruptive. My comments earlier on it being a private function, regardless of one being "ticketed and approved", wouldnt qualify, IMO, as disruptive; no more than frowning or folding your arms, ie nonverbal, UNLESS there were those who couldn't see. If I stood up in a theater and those behind me couldn't see, after being asked to sit first and refusing, could be considered disruptive behavior. In a way though, he made much more of a statement than if he'd been allowed to stay-- especially given the irony of the situation.

Psychoblues
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Psych?!
So when the last time you bruise your 71 year uncle. And made him Bleed till his a part of his pants where soaked in blood?

"gone looking for trouble"
Is that what protest is?
"Going to look for trouble"

Your support for the Clinton's is not so complete that they can do no wrong, is it Psych?

To stand in silent protest is big trouble making.
What do you call it when green peace does it's antics or PETA or Code pink etc etc ?

McGovern stood there as a member of Vetrens for peace.

here's commonDreams take on the situation Psych
http://www.commondreams.org/further/2011/02/16-3

But it's not a left right issue it's another freedom issue.

His purpose was to ignore the proceedings and make a spectacle. He achieved that purpose but looked like an idiot doing it. Now he wants to whine? Was his spectacle not spectacular enough?

As far as my uncle is concerned, the last time we replaced one of my faucets, he is a master plumber and even though I can easily replace a faucet he insists on doing it, but he was bloody and cut up as a fist fighter when he got through. Pitiful, just pitiful I tell you!!!

Psychochoblues

revelarts
03-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Forgive my misunderstanding, I wasn't aware his "disruption" was nonverbal and nonthreatening. Simply turning around and shunning the speaker is difficult to construe as being disruptive. My comments earlier on it being a private function, regardless of one being "ticketed and approved", wouldnt qualify, IMO, as disruptive; no more than frowning or folding your arms, ie nonverbal, UNLESS there were those who couldn't see. If I stood up in a theater and those behind me couldn't see, after being asked to sit first and refusing, could be considered disruptive behavior. In a way though, he made much more of a statement than if he'd been allowed to stay-- especially given the irony of the situation.

I understand the sentiment but strongly disagree. If the gov't wanted to interrupt a ciztens meeting they'd have no qualms injecting police, or undercover people (agitators), or bringing up some rule (fire code) or permission slip issue to do it.

If the playing field where even,
If they feds actually listened to people though proper channels
i'd agree that a more polite and genteel response would more appropriate , most of the the time.

but even then the disruption, such as it was , was not a offense worth, ejection let alone arrest.

As most it was impolite, to the point of downright rude.

There's certainly a place for civility but complete civility in the face of illegal murderous wars and other balent gov't crimes is a bit much to ask. And I think a republic can at least abide a mild bit of rudeness in public over important issues Log.

AND look at the contrast of her speech. She praises, outright, gov't rebellion, the literal semi violent and violent overthrow of gov'ts where the people are displeased with there leaders.
Not exactly civil activity going on there Log, Hillary seems to approve of that activity.
But not even a hint of quiet rude protest is good for U.S.?
It might block someones view of the gov't spokesperson, tut tut.

But standing quietly is just beyond the pale of civility here, it's over the top?
But marching into gov't buildings in the middle east and kicking out the bums there is OK? PRAISE WORTHY even?

We disagree on this one Log

revelarts
03-21-2011, 12:39 PM
His purpose was to ignore the proceedings and make a spectacle. He achieved that purpose but looked like an idiot doing it. Now he wants to whine? Was his spectacle not spectacular enough?

As far as my uncle is concerned, the last time we replaced one of my faucets, he is a master plumber and even though I can easily replace a faucet he insists on doing it, but he was bloody and cut up as a fist fighter when he got through. Pitiful, just pitiful I tell you!!!

Psychochoblues

and i assume your saying that the 71 year old man was treated fairly and with all due respect to the law in this circumstance.

So what type of protest do you think is appropriate Pysch?

What McGovern did here was a "SPECTACLE!". what do you think of the protest in the Mid east? Are they calm and civilized events?

I don't understand where your coming from with this?

logroller
03-21-2011, 02:49 PM
I understand the sentiment but strongly disagree. If the gov't wanted to interrupt a ciztens meeting they'd have no qualms injecting police, or undercover people (agitators), or bringing up some rule (fire code) or permission slip issue to do it.

If the playing field where even,
If they feds actually listened to people though proper channels
i'd agree that a more polite and genteel response would more appropriate , most of the the time.

but even then the disruption, such as it was , was not a offense worth, ejection let alone arrest.

As most it was impolite, to the point of downright rude.

There's certainly a place for civility but complete civility in the face of illegal murderous wars and other balent gov't crimes is a bit much to ask. And I think a republic can at least abide a mild bit of rudeness in public over important issues Log.

AND look at the contrast of her speech. She praises, outright, gov't rebellion, the literal semi violent and violent overthrow of gov'ts where the people are displeased with there leaders.
Not exactly civil activity going on there Log, Hillary seems to approve of that activity.
But not even a hint of quiet rude protest is good for U.S.?
It might block someones view of the gov't spokesperson, tut tut.

But standing quietly is just beyond the pale of civility here, it's over the top?
But marching into gov't buildings in the middle east and kicking out the bums there is OK? PRAISE WORTHY even?

We disagree on this one Log

No we don't. I don't think throwing him out was justified, never said it was. Disruptive, sure, but was he asked to sit down? Not that I heard or saw. That's wrong, if someone stood up in a theater, I couldn't just grab him and throw him out, that's a total overreaction and so was the removal of McGovern. Were he asked to sit and refused, then asked to leave and refused, then force may be justified; that clearly wasn't the case. The issues being discussed are ironic and hypocritical, but moot nonetheless. What if he had a shirt on that said something about healthcare or GITMO, or clinton was talking about japan or cuba; would his arrest be any more appropriate? This is clearly a case of police brutality; the political issue an ironic sidenote!