PDA

View Full Version : Income Tax premium is unjustified

fj1200
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I’m opposed to the increased rate of taxation on income. Income is taxed at highly increased rates up 35% currently and up to 39.6% upon expiration of the current tax scheme.

A highly significant portion of the population currently pays zero Federal Income Tax while other tax payers are levied up to more than 1/3 of their income to go into the Federal government's coffers. The highly increased rate, in comparison to the tax on investment proceeds, is unjustifiable as the government is now in a position that favors one form of return over another. Only one who favors a discriminatory government can be beholden and apologetic for such a scheme.

It is by far that the very wealthiest of our income tax paying population bears the burdens of our great country. They not only create the enterprises that provide jobs they are told that they need to fund the very workings of the government that, to some, is in opposition to their creativity and success.

I contend that it is unjustifiable for our elected leaders to demand more from our wealthiest producers in society to fund projects and programs that are contrary to the very nature of the foundation of our society. The unjustifiable tax premium should be eliminated and the unjustifiable double taxation should as well be eliminated so that our country can retain its global leadership.

logroller
03-22-2011, 03:46 PM
What about a flat tax? Make more, pay more; do whatever with the rest!

Supposn
03-25-2011, 02:24 PM
FJ1200, what’s an “income tax premium”?

Determinations of individuals’ or organizations’ enterprises’ net incomes are more or less formidable tasks.

Congress has further complicated the matter by discriminating between classifications of income sources or population segments, or the supposed functions of the income earners. Taxation dependent upon net incomes are dependent upon far too many subjective factors and are too often to everyone's dissatisfaction.

I’m an advocate of replacing incomes taxes with a general consumption tax to whatever extent feasible.

Respectfully, Supposn

fj1200
03-26-2011, 06:47 AM
FJ1200, what’s an “income tax premium”?

:facepalm: Premium is an opposite of discount.

Determinations of individuals’ or organizations’ enterprises’ net incomes are more or less formidable tasks.

Congress has further complicated the matter by discriminating between classifications of income sources or population segments, or the supposed functions of the income earners. Taxation dependent upon net incomes are dependent upon far too many subjective factors and are too often to everyone's dissatisfaction.

I’m an advocate of replacing incomes taxes with a general consumption tax to whatever extent feasible.

Excellent, I imagine you have some caveats to the FairTax (http://www.fairtax.org). Good on 'ya if you don't.