PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Commander in Libya Fought Against U.S. in Afghanistan

namvet
03-25-2011, 10:31 AM
we're replaceing terrorism with terrorism. another big reason we should pull out of Lybia

Shortly after unrest broke out in eastern Libya in mid-February, reports emerged that an “Islamic Emirate” had been declared in the eastern Libyan town of Darnah and that, furthermore, the alleged head of that Emirate, Abdul-Hakim al-Hasadi, was a former detainee at the American prison camp in Guantánamo. The reports, which originated from Libyan government sources, were largely ignored or dismissed in the Western media.

source (http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/rebel-commander-in-libya-fought-against-u-s-in-afghanistan/?singlepage=true)

can someone expalin to me what the fuck we are doing there??? this coalition is falling apart. no one wants to take the lead. and mission objective??? clear as mud
and we are footing the bill here. how much??? Americans can't put bread on the table or pay their bills. ok rant over

fj1200
03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
You know, the enemy of my enemy and all of that...

But apparently we let him go so what's to make of that?

namvet
03-25-2011, 11:55 AM
You know, the enemy of my enemy and all of that...

But apparently we let him go so what's to make of that?

he can now put more Americans in the crosshairs. just like he did in Afghanistan

jon_forward
03-25-2011, 01:11 PM
If we cant play without gloves on we should take our ball and go home. after we bomb the crap out of em.

Alias.258
03-25-2011, 03:49 PM
An hour later I still cant find anything by Associated Press, Washington Post, Reuters, LA Times, or NY Times. Safe to say I'm disappointed by coverage of this. I'll check again in a few days.

Psychoblues
03-25-2011, 10:58 PM
An hour later I still cant find anything by Associated Press, Washington Post, Reuters, LA Times, or NY Times. Safe to say I'm disappointed by coverage of this. I'll check again in a few days.

I don't have much doubt this is a true story, Alias, but like you I haven't found a single reliable source to verify anything the OP is claiming.

Welcome to DP!!! :clap:

Psychochoblues

Kathianne
03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
There's quite a bit troubling about the 'rebels,' he was captured and held in Libya, not Guantanamo. More and more there seems to be al Qaeda links:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008...

fj1200
03-26-2011, 01:30 PM
I hope we never have anything to do with the Japs or Krauts either.

DragonStryk72
03-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Honestly, the concept of them having a leader who fought against somewhere in the last 10 years isn't exactly surprising over there.

Alias.258
03-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't have much doubt this is a true story, Alias, but like you I haven't found a single reliable source to verify anything the OP is claiming.
Psychochoblues

Honestly I don't doubt it either, A quick look today (10 min) still let me down. Don't have the time to dedicate another hour to it. My preferred are Reuters, Associated Press and The Washington Post. Went to LA Times and NY Times as a last resort to find something. Thanks for the Welcoming.

revelarts
05-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Here's the flip side to the Al Quida piece and there's more than a little to that.
Congressman MCCain Liberman and Lindsey (torture-n-bomb-um) Graham no less where in Libya pledging a growing friendship and weapons to Ghadafi and the the Libyan amred forces in November.

last i checked on the news we are "still at war" with Al Qeada.
and Al Qeada always hate the U.S. and is going to kill us any moment. so they are our enemy.
but Libya which was working somewhat against the terrorist Al Quaeda and was forging a growing relationship with the U.S.. less than a year ago is now A unthinkable enemy that must GO! CANNOT BE ALLOWED to stay.

let me get this strait
the Al Qeada who fought troops in Iraq are not our enemy in Libya, they're "freedom fighters". But those same folks are worth bombing in Pakistan along with 50 innocents for every 1 Al Qeada terrorist suspect.

And "...we had to go into Libya becuase the Gov't MIGHT MAYBE ONE DAY SOON MASSACRE some their own people."
HUH?

We've always been at war with Oceania.

let me make it plan. it's BS!

Libya is Another BS war.
AL Queada is not a real world wide threat if they were we would NOT be allied with them in other parts of the world against dictators we were partners with months ago.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYVWT_kDTsU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYVWT_kDTsU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Senator John McCain with Senator Joseph Lieberman, Senator Susan Collins, and Senator Lindsay Graham

Tripoli - 14 Aug 2009 .
...At Friday's news conference, McCain said US delegation's talks with Libyan officials had focused in particular on the "provision of non-lethal defence equipment" to Libya's government.He added there were many ways that the US and Libya could "work together as partners", but stressed that the US still had concerns about the status of human rights and political reforms in Libya. The Arizona senator continued saying that the "ties between the United States and Libya have taken a remarkable and positive turn in recent years". US-Libyan relations hit a low in the 1980s, but began to improve after Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, whom former US President Ronald Reagan once famously called the "mad dog of the Middle East", renounced weapons of mass destruction in 2003. Gadhafi engineered a rapprochement with his former critics following the September 11, 2001 attacks in the United States. He voluntarily dismantled Libya's secret programme to develop nuclear weapons, earning commitments from Britain and the United States to work together to contain the threat of international militant extremism...

As many as 60 percent of the foreign fighters who entered Iraq in the past year have come from Saudi Arabia and Libya, according to documents discovered in a raid in September near the Syrian border, a senior U.S. military official in Baghdad confirmed to CNN Thursday...link (http://articles.cnn.com/2007-11-22/world/iraq.fighters_1_foreign-fighters-sinjar-intelligence-findings?_s=PM:WORLD)
the Libyans specifically came from the area we are supporting.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDrPGbXASJo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDrPGbXASJo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

revelarts
05-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Also there are only about 1000 actual rebel troops.

During “In the Arena,” Jon Lee Anderson, staff writer for The New Yorker reporting from Benghazi, Libya, tells Eliot Spitzer that the number of opposition fighters on the front lines are fewer than anyone would think and that they are poorly armed and badly trained. Anderson says, “Effective number of fighting men, well under 1,000. Actual soldiers, who are now in the fight, possibly in the very low hundreds on the opposition side.”

... Former jihadist Noman Benotman, who renounced his al Qaeda affiliation in 2000, said in an interview that he estimates 1,000 jihadists are in Libya…

…Outside observers generally estimate the number of trained Libyan fighters to be about 1,000.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/mar/29/1000-freelance-jihadists-join-libyan-rebels/#

Probably more regular folks mixed in the rebel forces as well but.
I mean why are we bombing ghadafis kids?

revelarts
06-05-2011, 02:27 PM
(NaturalNews) The US government sure has an interesting way of defining war these days. Just a few months after the Obama administration played word games with the public by insisting that air strikes in Libya were just "kinetic military action," not acts of war, the Pentagon has now come on the record stating that it will treat all acts of cyber-hacking against the US as "acts of war."

The announcement came on the heels of a supposed cyber-attack that occurred a few weeks ago against defense contractor Lockheed Martin. Officials say when hacking incidents like this occur in the future, retaliation in the form of reverse cyber-attacks, economic sanctions, and even "military strike[s]" may take place.

"A response to a cyber-incident or attack on the US would not necessarily be a cyber-response," said Col. Dave Lapan, a Pentagon spokesman. "All appropriate options would be on the table." A White House statement also said the US plans to "respond to hostile acts in cyberspace as we would to any other threat to our country," implying that computer hackers could soon face retaliatory attacks by the US military.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032614_cyber_warfare_act_of_war.html#ixzz1OQTzvlzH

Double standard much?

revelarts
06-05-2011, 02:53 PM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9dVhItmM-g&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9dVhItmM-g&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

the "not enough to call it war" strike group.