PDA

View Full Version : A Warning: The Coming Is Near

Kathianne
03-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Iran's version of "The Triumph of the Will". Scary indeed:

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2011/03/27/the-coming-and-why-the-left-doesnt-understand-iran/?singlepage=true

The Coming, and Why the Left Doesn’t Understand Iran

Posted By Roger L Simon On March 27, 2011 @ 10:38 pm In Uncategorized | 15 Comments

“Greetings to Mahdi, the one who all beings on Earth and In Heaven love without end.”

About two weeks ago, when Reza Khalili first emailed me a video of the new Iranian-produced documentary – The Coming Is Near [1] — I knew I was witnessing something extraordinary. (Reza was preparing a translation at the time, which is available as of today on PJ Media [1].)

The message of the short film was clear: The current crisis in the Middle East (Egypt, Bahrain, Libya, now Syria… all of it) is a harbinger that the Mahdi (the hidden one, the Twelfth Imam) was coming soon and that, in the ensuing chaos and destruction, Khomeini’s version of Shia Islam would shortly rule over the entire globe.

It seemed like an Iranian version of The Triumph of the Will [2]. Although not remotely as artful as Leni Riefenstahl’s film, The Coming was in many ways as blood-curdling, perhaps more so for its corny time-lapse photography of flowers opening and oddly stiff narration. I thought it should get as wide a dispersion as possible.

And yet simultaneously I thought that was useless. The people who would most need to see this video — our liberal/left intelligentsia — either would not watch it or dismiss it as “mere propaganda” and of little significance...

Check it out at linked site.

Kathianne
03-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Right now only available with subscriptions, however here's some more info:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f3_1300065624&c=1

Search Keyword
Category
User

Iranian Documentary: The 12th Imam is Near and Ahmadinejad is Going To Lead His Army

CLOSE [X]

Posted by Jeff Dunetz Mar 13th 2011 at 1:59 pm

Last month, on the 32nd anniversary of the overthrow of the Shah Iranian President Ahmadinejad spoke of a New Middle East spurred by the by the Egyptian revolution and hastened by the 12th Imam. This new Middle East would be free of the United States and Israel, as he warned Egyptians to be watchful of America’s “friendly face.”

“We will soon see a new Middle East materialising without America and the Zionist regime and there will be no room for world arrogance (the West) in it,” Ahmadinejad told the cheering crowds who gathered despite the cold and cloudy weather.

“They (the United States) have adopted a friendly face and saying ‘we are friends of people of North Africa and Arab countries’, but be watchful and united. You will be victorious,” he said.

Then Ahmadinejad brought up his messianic beliefs saying the world was witnessing a revolution managed by Imam Mehdi, the 12th Shiite Imam who disappeared down a well as a five-year-old in the 10th century and who Shiites believe would return on the judgment day when the world is covered with blood and chaos

“The final move has begun. We are in the middle of a world revolution managed by this dear (12th Imam). A great awakening is unfolding. One can witness the hand of Imam in managing it,” said Ahmadinejad.….

“Come and take away the Zionist regime which is the source of all crimes… take it away and liberate the region. Free the region and give it to the people and take this regime, which is the child of Satan (the United States), out.”

fj1200
03-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Does this guy...

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html)

... have more or less credibility?

Personally I think Butler vs. VCU for a spot in the finals is the seventh sign of the apocalypse.

Gaffer
03-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Interesting finds. The libs don't take that stuff seriously and neither do many conservatives. Those guys are dangerous and trying to make all the events look like divine prophesy. They have their evangelical impression down pat.

Gaffer
03-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Does this guy...

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html)

Personally I think Butler vs. VCU for a spot in the finals is the seventh sign of the apocalypse.

That guys not sponsored by a major government that wants to control the world.

Kathianne
03-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Does this guy...

I'd vote for those listening to what Iranian leadership is saying and doing. No war, but be very aware of what they are doing and get some humint sources in these ME countries. The CIA isn't getting much right and hasn't for years.

Gaffer
03-28-2011, 10:15 AM
I'd vote for those listening to what Iranian leadership is saying and doing. No war, but be very aware of what they are doing and get some humint sources in these ME countries. The CIA isn't getting much right and hasn't for years.

I can't prove it, but I have a suspicion that most of the high ranking CIA people are do nothing democrats. Not the presidential appointee's kind that can be removed. Hold overs from the clinton era when they didn't deal with unsavory characters.

fj1200
03-28-2011, 10:59 AM
That guys not sponsored by a major government that wants to control the world.

Both attention getting propaganda. Stalin put out a lot of movies too.

Hear, hear. I wonder what kind of load of BS we're going to be treated to tonight?

Kathianne
03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I can't prove it, but I have a suspicion that most of the high ranking CIA people are do nothing democrats. Not the presidential appointee's kind that can be removed. Hold overs from the clinton era when they didn't deal with unsavory characters.

They are not political appointees, probably still some from Carter or Ford even.