PDA

View Full Version : Special offer: Sign up for Satellite TV, get a free gun

Little-Acorn
03-29-2011, 02:20 PM
I like this. Anything that points out that guns are an ordinary thing, no more horrifying than a hammer or saw, a kitchen knife, or an automobile, is good to have around in my opinion. Even people who aren't signing up for satellite TV, can see and note the sign.

But the best thing about offers like this, is that they really torque off the people who are afraid of guns. Makes them turn strange colors, raises their blood pressure, etc. And all without harming a thing.

Personally, I prefer Taurus, Beretta, and Ruger, so I might pass on the gun and go for the pizza instead. But to each his (or her) own.

--------------------------------

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/28/montana-radio-shack-offers-free-gun-or-pizza-with-satellite-tv-purchase/?iref=allsearch

Montana Radio Shack offers free gun or pizza with satellite TV purchase

The owner of the Radio Shack in Hamilton, Montana, says only one customer has responded negatively to his promotion.

Post by: CNN's Eliott C. McLaughlin
March 28th, 2011
02:44 PM ET

A Radio Shack owner in Montana has upped foot traffic at his Hamilton store by offering free guns for new satellite television subscribers, according to a local paper.

Fear not, those opposed to gun ownership and those who might fail background checks. You can have free pizza instead.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/03/28/t1larg.radio.shack2.jpg

The sign says it all: “Protect yourself with Dish Network. Sign up now. Get free gun.” (The real marquee has no periods, so I took a little punctuative license.)

Owner Steve Strand told the Ravalli Republic that the promotion “really, really fits the Bitterroot Valley,” while manager Fabian Levy told the newspaper that the gimmick had “been really successful.”

Strand said the promotion, which began in October, has tripled his business and lured hundreds of people curious about the sign. Only one person who “didn’t understand how it works” has reacted negatively, he said.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

DragonStryk72
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm willing to bet the customer service goes way up when they hand over the new gun.

fj1200
03-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Guns don't kill people, satellite TV kills people.

Little-Acorn
03-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Well, I'm willing to bet the customer service goes way up when they hand over the new gun.

Sounds like a win-win to me! :salute: