PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Dad, Liberal Daughter

red states rule
04-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Once again we are hearing the calls to raise taxes on the producers of this country along with corporations.

We are hearing how they do no not work for it, do not need it, and how the government can spend the money better

We are hearing how ANY budget cuts will harm the poor, the homeless, and slow the Obama "recovery"

Consider this example before calling for higher taxes on the producers please

This is the story of a wise conservative dad and a liberal daughter.

The daughter was about to finish her first year of college. Like many her age, she was a very liberal daughter. Based on her liberal ideals, she was much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs and redistribute wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that she had a rather staunch conservative dad. She openly expressed this feeling. Based on her lectures, and occasional chats with a professor, she felt her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his. One day the liberal daughter was challenging her conservative dad on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs.

The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth, as the liberal daughter indicated to her conservative dad. He responded by asking how she was doing in school. Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She did not even have time for a boyfriend, and did not really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her conservative dad listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?" She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is very popular on campus. College, for her, is a blast. She is always invited to all the parties and lots of times she does not even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why not go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend, who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA, which certainly would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA scores." The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That is a crazy idea. How would that be fair? I have worked very hard for my grades! I invested a lot of time and hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played, while I worked my tail off!"

The wise conservative dad slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the conservative side of the fence."

http://www.quickbooks-blog.com/2011/03/conservative-dad-liberal-daughter.html

Cracker
04-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Doesn't matter. No-one has the balls to cut taxes, except Paul Ryan. He can't get enough politicians to follow his lead. They're all scared of being accused of killing grandma.

logroller
04-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Doesn't matter. No-one has the balls to cut taxes, except Paul Ryan. He can't get enough politicians to follow his lead. They're all scared of being accused of killing grandma.

Grandma can come live with me, I love her pot roast!!!:cool:

Cracker
04-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Grandma can come live with me, I love her pot roast!!!:cool:The theoretical Democrat Granny doesn't make pot roast any more. She drools a lot and shits in her diaper.

OldMercsRule
04-09-2011, 06:58 PM
The theoretical Democrat Granny doesn't make pot roast any more. She drools a lot and shits in her diaper.

DAYYYYYYYYYYYM this new feller is funnnnnnnnnnny

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. :happy0203: :happy0203:

OldMercsRule
04-09-2011, 07:00 PM

They did a purdy fair job......IMHO..... best since Newt in '95..... Methinks it will get much more interestin' when the $6 Trill... deal is front n' center.