PDA

View Full Version : My latest tattoo

jimnyc
04-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Somehow the thread about the cockroach muslim women turned into a mini discussion on tattoos. Wasn't my intent and rather than have it go any further in there, I thought I would move it here.

I know tattoos aren't for everyone, but it's a bit disappointing at times to see people discuss them or view those who have them so "differently" than others. I think some don't realize just how popular the art has become and just how many people in America are getting them.

Tattoos have exploded in popularity over the last 10 years. What were once marks of rebellious outlaws have become exceedingly mainstream.

A National Geographic poll in 2000 found that about 15% of Americans have been inked, or roughly 40 million people.

A recent Playboy poll found that 36% of all people aged 18-29 have at least one piece and other numbers suggest that 45 million Americans are inked!

Esquire Magazine has stated that the number of tattooed Americans is one in every eight.

The American Academy of Dermatology estimates that 36% of Americans aged 18 - 50 have a tattoo.

The Harris Interactive Poll on tattoos from 2003 is the most extensive poll done and is listed below.

The recent Harris Poll finds that 16% of all adults have at least one tattoo. The highest incidence of tattoos was found among the gay, lesbian and bisexual population (31%) and among Americans ages 25 to 29 years (36%) and 30 to 39 years (28%). Regionally, people living in the West (20%) are more likely to have tattoos.

Democrats are more likely to have tattoos (18%) than Republicans (14%) and Independents (12%) while equal percentages of males (16%) and females (15%) have tattoos.

http://skininktoday.com/Tattoo-Designs/History/tattoo_statistics.htm

jimnyc
04-10-2011, 06:23 PM
The above stats don't mean for a second that others MUST enjoy them or respect them, but just understand that it's not a fad from the 80's or something that just a handful of idiots have gotten. Well, I'm sure some will think I'm an idiot for having a bunch, and they are welcome to their opinions. Hell, I think some people are idiots just because I don't like the way they drive! :coffee:

Anyway, here's my latest piece of tribal art. It's purposely dried out right now as it's at the end of the healing stage, then the purple will bright much more and settle down. I tried to have it drawn to mesh in with my prior orange/black one.

http://i55.tinypic.com/15819no.jpg

Kathianne
04-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I do believe this is the first tattoo discussion thread? We've had them in pics, but not as pro or con.

I think they're fine, on someone else's body. I don't have any and can't imagine a reason. I think I've mentioned before how some girls have shoulder ones or bigger ones on center of their backs. Really cheapens the wedding and bridesmaid's dresses, IMO.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I do believe this is the first tattoo discussion thread? We've had them in pics, but not as pro or con.

I think they're fine, on someone else's body. I don't have any and can't imagine a reason. I think I've mentioned before how some girls have shoulder ones or bigger ones on center of their backs. Really cheapens the wedding and bridesmaid's dresses, IMO.

Amen, sistuh. Big tats on women are kind of yukky.

Cracker
04-11-2011, 08:29 AM

I remember a nephew's wedding, one of the bridesmaids was very attractive as she walked down the isle towards me, and when she walked past exposing her open-back dress with a large tattoo I got the same feeling I've had one time after I realized that the long legs that I had admired were that of a transvestite.

jimnyc
04-11-2011, 09:10 AM
I remember a nephew's wedding, one of the bridesmaids was very attractive as she walked down the isle towards me, and when she walked past exposing her open-back dress with a large tattoo I got the same feeling I've had one time after I realized that the long legs that I had admired were that of a transvestite.

And yet millions and millions of women have them and just as many men like them on their women. To each their own I guess, but I think the below women look pretty sexy.

Cracker
04-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Millions do. Its a damn shame IMO.

logroller
04-12-2011, 11:25 AM

Queer! J/K :laugh::laugh::laugh:

logroller
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
You know what I have always found amusing is the name given to the tattoo at the small of a woman's back, the "tramp stamp." I know not all tattoos are acts of rebellion, but every woman I've known to have such a tattoo knew that it was called that before they got it, and I don't think each of these women are tramps, so it would seem to me they are rebelling against a non-tramp identity.

KitchenKitten99
04-12-2011, 11:58 AM
You know what I have always found amusing is the name given to the tattoo at the small of a woman's back, the "tramp stamp." I know not all tattoos are acts of rebellion, but every woman I've known to have such a tattoo knew that it was called that before they got it, and I don't think each of these women are tramps, so it would seem to me they are rebelling against a non-tramp identity.

I got mine in the area of the 'tramp stamp' because I wanted one where I could easily cover it up with any outfit and yet show it off when I wanted to/when it would be appropriate, such as on the beach. I very rarely wear any street clothes that would expose it intentionally.

Cracker
04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Sorry Jim, but I just think they are ugly and indicative of underlying problems. I've already told my daughter that if she brings home a guy with prison tats or piercings I'd take him on a ride with a special group of friends and no-one would every see the guy again.

jimnyc
04-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Sorry Jim, but I just think they are ugly and indicative of underlying problems. I've already told my daughter that if she brings home a guy with prison tats or piercings I'd take him on a ride with a special group of friends and no-one would every see the guy again.

Don't apologize to me for your ignorance. Stating that millions of people have "underlying problems" because they got a tattoo is just that, ignorance - at least without some sort of proof. You have a study showing people that have gotten tattoos and their relation to the problems you speak of?

I've had tough guys like you talk smack like that before and it always cracks me up. The only one not being seen again would be the retarded chump thinking he could do something to me simply because I have tattoos.

Cracker
04-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Don't apologize to me for your ignorance. Stating that millions of people have "underlying problems" because they got a tattoo is just that, ignorance - at least without some sort of proof. You have a study showing people that have gotten tattoos and their relation to the problems you speak of?

I've had tough guys like you talk smack like that before and it always cracks me up. The only one not being seen again would be the retarded chump thinking he could do something to me simply because I have tattoos.

Smack? Hardly.

Just look in the prisons. More guys in there have tattoos. Obviously there is a correlation between tats and antisocial behavior.

jimnyc
04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Smack? Hardly.

Just look in the prisons. More guys in there have tattoos. Obviously there is a correlation between tats and antisocial behavior.

And the 40 million not in prison?

I personally think you have a better chance of finding the antisocial behavior from incestual predators on ski slopes. But hey, I supposed everyone has ridiculous reasons to judge others.

Cracker
04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
And the 40 million not in prison?

I personally think you have a better chance of finding the antisocial behavior from incestual predators on ski slopes. But hey, I supposed everyone has ridiculous reasons to judge others.

I'm not judging anyone Jim. I merely commented on the unattractiveness of the "art" as well as the correlation between tattoos and crime. :)

jimnyc
04-13-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not judging anyone Jim. I merely commented on the unattractiveness of the "art" as well as the correlation between tattoos and crime. :)

And backed it up with no data whatsoever. I already posted data showing about 40 million people have tattoos in the US, now how about you show us how there is a correlation between all those men and women and crime.

Cracker
04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
And backed it up with no data whatsoever. I already posted data showing about 40 million people have tattoos in the US, now how about you show us how there is a correlation between all those men and women and crime.

Everyone knows that folks in prison are the ones who already committed crimes, and the majority of them have tats. Or am I wrong on that? :)

jimnyc
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Smack? Hardly.

Everyone knows that folks in prison are the ones who already committed crimes, and the majority of them have tats. Or am I wrong on that? :)

Changing the subject now maybe? Or can you not show any relation at all between the 40+ million who have tattoos, and not in prison, with crime or antisocial behavior? Or are you now trying to say your comments all along were 100% directed at those in prison?

Cracker
04-14-2011, 10:20 AM
How am I changing the subject? :)

jimnyc
04-14-2011, 10:37 AM
How am I changing the subject? :)

Admit you made an idiotic statement that cannot be backed up with statistics, or allow your post without facts to do it for you.

LuvRPgrl
04-16-2011, 07:21 PM

Flat out, I think tats are ugly.

While there are some exceptions, tats also are indicitive of character traits that I consider undesirable.

As for what a tramp is, the line drawn in the sand that identifies a woman as a tramp certainly has moved a lot.

I can think of two shows on tv, without a trace and bones, where at least one of the women there has slept with at least two of the men who work with them.

Not long ago that would have made them complete tramps, sluts if you will, but today, even chicks who do one night stands dont consider themselves tramps of sluts, I just cant even figure what a woman needs to do these days to receive that label.

Bottom line, although I like alot of your posts, tats suck.NONE of my kids will ever have one, unless they can manage to not letting me ever know about it.....

LuvRPgrl
04-16-2011, 07:25 PM

Actually he didn't say "have" ;underlying problems, but he said its "indicitive", which is precisely accurate.

I have met some who seem pretty well adjusted, by my standards, and yet have tats, but for the most part......it has proven to be indivitive who

Also, what idiotic statement did he cracker post? I went back and re read the thread, and I dont see it. In fact, he understated things when he said "most" men in prison have tats, I doubt there is one in 1000 who doesn't.
As for the 40 million out of prison, doesnt the original 40 million quote (which I seriouisly doubt is accurate, consider the source, a pro tat mag) include prisoners>

Tats will close off certain doors in the professional world, and the military is starting to discourage them

But the bottom line is, I have never seen one I dont consider ugly, and bikers and criminals are rift with tats, pretty much anything they like, I dont

LuvRPgrl
04-16-2011, 07:27 PM

consider your source for those stats. Personally, I dont believe it.

jimnyc
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
(which I seriouisly doubt is accurate, consider the source, a pro tat mag)

consider your source for those stats. Personally, I dont believe it.

If you took the time to read the stats I posted at that link you would know it wasn't from a tattoo magazine. The majority of the stats are from a Harris Interactive Poll, while some of the other stats are from: National Geographic, Esquire Magazine, The American Academy of Dermatology... Hardly sources that would be biased towards those with tattoos.

You don't have to believe what I posted, but you can also dispute the findings if you like. Until then, I'll go with the facts presented.

jimnyc
04-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Also, what idiotic statement did he cracker post?

Feel free to backup his following statements if you like:

I just think they are ugly and indicative of underlying problems.

Obviously there is a correlation between tats and antisocial behavior

correlation between tattoos and crime

LuvRPgrl
04-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Feel free to backup his following statements if you like:

Personally, I would NEVER judge someone based on tats alone, especially these days, cuz as you said, they are becoming more mainstream, which actually bothers me.

I think Cracker would have been better served had he said, "deviant behavior" rather than crime, given the huge increase in tats among non criminal types these days.

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/01/12/study-found-link-between-tattoos-and-deviant-behaviors/

The findings revealed "sharp differences in the levels of deviant behavior among those with just one tattoo vs. those with four or more, and among those ...

although I think you and I would get along just fine in person, I still dont like tats, I just think they are ugly.
Not as a definitive fact, but it is also interesting that cops often ask you, when they pull you over, if you have any tats.

darin
04-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Chicks with ink = hot. Thing is, passing arbitrary judgments on people's use of their bodies is immature and a little pathetic folks.

The pics you posted Jim, the last pic? She's stunning. Her fantastic kaboose is HOT...seeing that little tat above it? Over-the-top...it's the cherry on top of a fine ass.

:)

jimnyc
04-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Personally, I would NEVER judge someone based on tats alone, especially these days, cuz as you said, they are becoming more mainstream, which actually bothers me.

I think Cracker would have been better served had he said, "deviant behavior" rather than crime, given the huge increase in tats among non criminal types these days.

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/01/12/study-found-link-between-tattoos-and-deviant-behaviors/

The findings revealed "sharp differences in the levels of deviant behavior among those with just one tattoo vs. those with four or more, and among those ...

although I think you and I would get along just fine in person, I still dont like tats, I just think they are ugly.
Not as a definitive fact, but it is also interesting that cops often ask you, when they pull you over, if you have any tats.

Neatorama? And it doesn't speak of or link to an actual study, just some students at a college asking those with tattoos some questions? I would kind of expect kids still in college to be involved in a little "deviant" behavior! What is that deviant behavior?

drug and alcohol use, sexual activity and whether they cheat on tests

LOL - Unless they went to a college I never heard of, that narrows it down to about 95% of the student body!

FWIW, I already saw thta page too as I searched extensively to "backup" Glockmai.... I mean Crackers words, and it doesn't exist. Rule #1 in debating - never ask a question unless you know the answer already. And the answer is? No such correlations exist. People with tatoos do not have "underlying issues". It's just some of you simply don't like them.

LuvRPgrl
04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Chicks with ink = hot. Thing is, passing arbitrary judgments on people's use of their bodies is immature and a little pathetic folks.

The pics you posted Jim, the last pic? She's stunning. Her fantastic kaboose is HOT...seeing that little tat above it? Over-the-top...it's the cherry on top of a fine ass.

:)

Its not an arbitrary judgement.

LuvRPgrl
04-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Neatorama? And it doesn't speak of or link to an actual study, just some students at a college asking those with tattoos some questions? I would kind of expect kids still in college to be involved in a little "deviant" behavior! What is that deviant behavior?

LOL - Unless they went to a college I never heard of, that narrows it down to about 95% of the student body!

FWIW, I already saw thta page too as I searched extensively to "backup" Glockmai.... I mean Crackers words, and it doesn't exist. Rule #1 in debating - never ask a question unless you know the answer already. And the answer is? No such correlations exist. People with tatoos do not have "underlying issues". It's just some of you simply don't like them.

Well, in actualit;y, just because a study doesn't exist proving it, there isnot one disproving it either, that we know of anyways.

But, tats, body piercing, type of haircut, clothes, how they walk, language they use, etc etc, ALL of them speak to the person. Generally, ONE of them by themselves is not an indicator.

I'm really good at reading people, its part of my job. It blows my son away when very often we go somewhere, and for instance, a waitress serves us, I tell him a few things about her, then when she comes back, I ask a few questions and my observations prove to be correct.

Bottom line is tats ARE MAKING A STATEMENT. It isnt the same statement for everyone, but when you combine them along with other "statements", non verbal, that they are making, you can often prettty much access someone. By itself, sometimes a tat is useless in determining character, but sometimes not.

BOTTOM BOTTOM line, I dont judge a person just on tats, but I STILL DONT LIKE EM, and if anyone has a problem with that then they are hypocrites.

jimnyc
04-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, in actualit;y, just because a study doesn't exist proving it, there isnot one disproving it either, that we know of anyways.

What matters is the statements made, and they are made without any type of proof to back them up.

BOTTOM BOTTOM line, I dont judge a person just on tats, but I STILL DONT LIKE EM, and if anyone has a problem with that then they are hypocrites.

Which was my last statement, that those making the comments simply don't like them. And that doesn't bother me in the least, I didn't get them for you or anyone else, and I wouldn't think of you differently for not liking them. But not liking them doesn't make me a "deviant" or that I have "antisocial behavior" or that I have "underlying problems" or that I'm a "criminal".

LuvRPgrl
04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
What matters is the statements made, and they are made without any type of proof to back them up.".

On a personal level, I personally have all the proof I need. Reading people is my specialty, and over time it has proven itself. Course I have no way to confirm that, except to say, those who know me, know I speak only truth, or mistakes, but never do the liberal dance and LIE.
And on this personal level, keeping a record of numbers, I most often am absolutely correct. Not just my say so, but others around me who have witnessed my judgements.

In fact, the first time I did it, Dane was slackjawed. "How did you know he inquired"
"Simple but effective," I replied. " Just using my experiences with such people, the way she wore her hair, dressed, makeup, tats or lack of, body piercings, aka self mutulation, or lack of, told me the story"

Which was my last statement, that those making the comments simply don't like them. And that doesn't bother me in the least, I didn't get them for you or anyone else, and I wouldn't think of you differently for not liking them. But not liking them doesn't make me a "deviant" or that I have "antisocial behavior" or that I have "underlying problems" or that I'm a "criminal".
But you probably are,hahhhahha,
just joking.

Trinity
04-18-2011, 05:00 PM
for what it's worth.....I work with a whole slew of professional people (my location employs about 100 people) from 20 to 60 years of age. I would say about 90% of them have tattoos.

Of all the people I know personally (and I know a lot of people) I can't think of one person that does not have at least one tattoo.

and none of these people have ever been to prison.

jimnyc
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
for what it's worth.....I work with a whole slew of professional people (my location employs about 100 people) from 20 to 60 years of age. I would say about 90% of them have tattoos.

Of all the people I know personally (and I know a lot of people) I can't think of one person that does not have at least one tattoo.

and none of these people have ever been to prison.

Yep. I've worked at a HUGE law firm in NYC, and many high priced attorneys had tattoos. I worked for Cadbury Schweppes and executives had tattoos. I worked at Sony HQ in NYC and execs there had tattoos. I've seen them on police officers. I've seen Marines get the marine logo or bulldog. I've seen Navy personnel get anchors. I've seen EVERY division of our armed forces get specialized tattoos. I've seen tattoos on NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL... and every other sport imaginable. I've seen them on computer geeks, paralegals, truck drivers...

Winston Churchill had a tattoo of an anchor. President Roosevelt had a tattoo. Caroline Kennedy too. Oh, and Barry Goldwater.

Yep, and they were all deviants, criminals & had underlying problems and antisocial behavior. :rolleyes:

Gaffer
04-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Tattoo's are a vanity thing, there's no other reason to have them.

jimnyc
04-18-2011, 09:14 PM

I have one on my chest, above my heart, of a heart with a frog on it. My Mom adored frogs. So all 4 of us children got this as a way to remember Mom and always have a unique bond together of Mom. This would be vanity? I also have one of my dog on the other side of my chest to show my love for him. Neither of these tattoos are even visible unless I take my shirt off to purposely show them to someone. They are for me and me only.

My eldest brother, Jeff, has one you would never ever see unless he shared. It's of his first son, Jeffrey, who passed when he was 4 days old. This is vanity?

Yes, some are for decoration, to show off, for appearance, or whatever biased people would like to call them. But to say that is the ONLY reason people have them is so untrue.

Kathianne
04-18-2011, 09:16 PM

They are not my thing, but I wouldn't rule out a guy, certainly not a friend that had one. I don't think they are indicative of anything other than sort of being a poster board for something. In Jim's case, if memory serves, one is on his mom. I get that. Me? Well I wouldn't do a tat, but I've written plenty of letters to her since she's been gone.

gabosaurus
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Nice tramp stamp, dude.

Said1
04-20-2011, 09:24 AM
I can think of two shows on tv, without a trace and bones, where at least one of the women there has slept with at least two of the men who work with them.

:lol:

Said1
04-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Yep. I've worked at a HUGE law firm in NYC, and many high priced attorneys had tattoos. I worked for Cadbury Schweppes and executives had tattoos. I worked at Sony HQ in NYC and execs there had tattoos. I've seen them on police officers.

Yep, same here. Not saying these guys were;t dinks or anything tho. :laugh2:

LuvRPgrl
04-23-2011, 11:35 PM

Tellin it like it is.
"You must spread some rep...around before you give it to gaffer again"

LuvRPgrl
04-23-2011, 11:37 PM
They are not my thing, but I wouldn't rule out a guy, certainly not a friend that had one. I don't think they are indicative of anything other than sort of being a poster board for something. In Jim's case, if memory serves, one is on his mom. I get that. Me? Well I wouldn't do a tat, but I've written plenty of letters to her since she's been gone.

So, why wouldnt you get one?

Fact is, tats are more mainstream than they use to be, but I still dont like em. Plus, Christians should be aware, their God says to not mark our bodies.

I would never judge someone based on a tat alone. If you can find out why they got the tat, it goes a long way to revealing some of their character.
But a tat, or anything else, by itself, cant give you a full picture, but it is part of the whole, of red flags that, if there are enough of them, does tell you something about the person.

jimnyc
04-24-2011, 06:58 AM
I'll let my last 2 posts stand as is. Apparently it's easier to gently pat someone on the ass that agrees with you than address them.

BTW - A couple of days ago I hung out with my cousin and his friend. His friend is a career Marine Gunny Sergeant. He has 3 tattoos. Not a blemish on his record but plenty of hardware on his chest. Maybe he's hiding his prison past or underlying issues? But I guess it's easier to judge him from afar, or ignore the fact that he has them just as those I listed earlier.

Bottom line - a tattoo doesn't define someone in any way whatsoever. It doesn't declare someone a criminal. It in no way states that the person has underlying issues. Not ONE person who dislikes tattoos can show otherwise. All these people can show is that they dislike tattoos, nothing more.

jimnyc
04-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Here is a perfect example of a vanity tattoo. How DARE this guy remember his brothers in arms! He probably got this when he left his therapists office and got done robbing the local liquor store!

Gaffer
04-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Here is a perfect example of a vanity tattoo. How DARE this guy remember his brothers in arms! He probably got this when he left his therapists office and got done robbing the local liquor store!

It's an excellent example of a vanity tattoo. When you understand the psychology behind it.

Tattoo's are like hair styles and clothing choices. They are popular now days. I worked in a prison and a jail and the majority of prisoners didn't have tattoos. That was mostly a gang thing which our society, through the media tries to emulate. It's all about attracting and impressing. All for show.

Abbey Marie
04-24-2011, 04:33 PM
As with anything, I am sure there are various reasons for getting tattoos. But I think one of the most prevalent is to look edgy. That goes for women as much, if not more, than it does men.

As far as I can see, no one blood-related on either side of our family has one. Perhaps we are the anomaly today.

LuvRPgrl
04-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll let my last 2 posts stand as is. Apparently it's easier to gently pat someone on the ass that agrees with you than address them.

BTW - A couple of days ago I hung out with my cousin and his friend. His friend is a career Marine Gunny Sergeant. He has 3 tattoos. Not a blemish on his record but plenty of hardware on his chest. Maybe he's hiding his prison past or underlying issues? But I guess it's easier to judge him from afar, or ignore the fact that he has them just as those I listed earlier.

Bottom line - a tattoo doesn't define someone in any way whatsoever. It doesn't declare someone a criminal. It in no way states that the person has underlying issues. Not ONE person who dislikes tattoos can show otherwise. All these people can show is that they dislike tattoos, nothing more.

A tat is a statement, flat out fact.
Its as much a statement as speech. We know that cuz the supreme court protects it as free speechl.
Even speech can be difficult to interpet sometimes, a tat is often difficult or impossible to know what it is saying, but sometimes it is obvious. Prison tats are often obvious, I have seen em, and I have known a guy was a criminal simply from his tat.
USED to be, a majority of the time, tats were for criminals and those with rebellous and/or underlying issues, not as much these days, but it still holds true for many, what theexact percentage is, we don't know, but we do know there are alot of people who have underlying issues and won't admit it, partly because alot of them don't even admit it to themselves.
Well adjusted people are not dillusional, maladjusted people always are to a certain degree.

Trinity
04-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Well adjusted people are not dillusional, maladjusted people always are to a certain degree.

Well adjusted people.....I can't think of any...they all have issues, whether they admit it or not is the question. ;)

Kathianne
04-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Well adjusted people.....I can't think of any...they all have issues, whether they admit it or not is the question. ;)

Agree. I also think that 'well adjusted' people don't deal with stereotypes and place literal interpretations of their faith on others.

LuvRPgrl
04-25-2011, 01:15 AM

well adjusted doesn't mean perfect. Thats why its called well ADJUSTED.
I think you would have to admit that most, if not all, board members here, for example, are more well adjusted than say, Ted Bundy.

I also was thinking, Im willing to take anyones bet, which location do you think you will find more tats, in a bar, or a mainstream church, number of people being equal.

jimnyc
04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
I also was thinking, Im willing to take anyones bet, which location do you think you will find more tats, in a bar, or a mainstream church, number of people being equal.

And WTF would that matter in this conversation? I would bet you would find more in bars, but that sure doesn't mean that those with tattoos cannot follow their religion, or be better men or women than those who attend their local church.

And what would it say about an entire shit state that not only leads the country in queers, but also in tattoo parlors, and most tattooed cities in America? Look at any reputable guide for backup, my information comes from Tattoo magazine. But quite frankly, I really don't care if you believe me or not.

Also just did a quick search, not on parlors, but most tattooed cities in America. Mexi/Queera/Spico/fornia places 2 major cities on the map while the NY/NJ are doesn't make the top 10:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38722211/ns/today-today_fashion_and_beauty/

I've seen lots of negative opinions stated in this thread about people who have tattoos and NOT ONE was backed up with fact. Seems you want to toss out lots of negative judgments towards those with tattoos but simply based on your own biases and extremely little to no facts.

jimnyc
04-25-2011, 07:14 PM

Just to be a prick myself, I'd like to state ONE fact for the record: Those of us who are well adjusted know it to be spelled "delusional". Some will call me the "spelling police", while I'd point out that the gentlemen with the tattoo has a clearer grasp of the English language.

LuvRPgrl
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Just to be a prick myself, I'd like to state ONE fact for the record: Those of us who are well adjusted know it to be spelled "delusional". Some will call me the "spelling police", while I'd point out that the gentlemen with the tattoo has a clearer grasp of the English language.

I always welcome spelling corrections.

LuvRPgrl
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
And WTF would that matter in this conversation? I would bet you would find more in bars, but that sure doesn't mean that those with tattoos cannot follow their religion, or be better men or women than those who attend their local church.

And what would it say about an entire shit state that not only leads the country in queers, but also in tattoo parlors, and most tattooed cities in America? Look at any reputable guide for backup, my information comes from Tattoo magazine. But quite frankly, I really don't care if you believe me or not.

Also just did a quick search, not on parlors, but most tattooed cities in America. Mexi/Queera/Spico/fornia places 2 major cities on the map while the NY/NJ are doesn't make the top 10:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38722211/ns/today-today_fashion_and_beauty/

I've seen lots of negative opinions stated in this thread about people who have tattoos and NOT ONE was backed up with fact. Seems you want to toss out lots of negative judgments towards those with tattoos but simply based on your own biases and extremely little to no facts.

Generalizations always have exceptions by definition, but generally, most of them are right.
AS I STATED BEFORE, there are some good people with tats, but almost all criminals and hard core bikers have tats. What does that mean? It means if I meet someone with a tat, that doesn't mean they are a biker or convict. But if I meet someone without a tat, then chances are pretty good he isn't one.

Nope, Im not going to bother looking up studies. Studies these days are so often completely arbitrary. I've seen how they deduce conclusions from info. Most of the idiots running those studies these days don't understand cause and effect. WHICH CAUSED WHICH.

But my personal experience is a fact. Virtually every time I judge a person, I'm spot on. Sociopaths will fool you however. Oh, and my very, very best, and lifelong buddy has a tat, it disappointed me, but he got one, guess where? Doing a stint.

And Im not judging you, I would NEVER judge anyone based on tats alone. But those statements by me seem to be escaping you.

Jess
11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Interesting.

I've never been arrested, the only time I was in a jail was to see my ex and when my father-in-law retired (30 yrs. county sheriff's deputy). I have more ink and piercings than my globe-trotting, worldly-wise, been-there-done-that Marine. Go figure.

But after the ex and I separated, I got a tattoo. My sister and I designed them and got them done for her birthday. The idiot ex had done his best to destroy the relationship between my sister and I.

So, since my Marine hasn't given his blessing on me posting a pic, I'll describe it: on my right shoulder, the infinity symbol made up of my name, my sister's name and the quote "A sister is a forever friend." It is only visible when I want it to be but it means something very special to me and to my sister.

Ink is very addictive though. I've not gotten another yet but plan on getting one or two more that are not what one would call "trendy" but have enormous meaning to me.

Love Monkey
11-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't have any tattoos. I was in the Navy for 20 years and a couple of times nearly got one but thankfully I came to my senses and did not do it. I've never seen a tattoo that I didn't think I would get tired of looking at and besides, I think they make a person look cheap. I don't find them attractive at all - quite the opposite. In my opinion, the more tattoos a person has, the lower the IQ.

Trigg
11-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Wow, lots of generalizations here. I have to say I'm surprised.

I have two. I got one on my ankle when I turned 30, still love it. I wanted another one, but I dont' like tramp stamps, so I got one on the back of my neck. Hurt like a son of a gun.

I have a friend who owns his own business, very successful man. He's been married for 20 years and has 4 sons. He a great all around person and would do anything for you. He also has full sleeve tattoos and is sometimes judged by people who don't know him. It's a shame.

Tattoos aren't for everyone, but they certainly aren't a sign of "underlying problems", they are a sign of personnal preferance and that's it.

Jess
11-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I don't have any tattoos. I was in the Navy for 20 years and a couple of times nearly got one but thankfully I came to my senses and did not do it. I've never seen a tattoo that I didn't think I would get tired of looking at and besides, I think they make a person look cheap. I don't find them attractive at all - quite the opposite. In my opinion, the more tattoos a person has, the lower the IQ.

*Note to self: get Love Monkey tattoo removed before the next trip to Mexico*;)

Jess
11-19-2011, 08:11 PM

I have two. I got one on my ankle when I turned 30, still love it. I wanted another one, but I dont' like tramp stamps, so I got one on the back of my neck. Hurt like a son of a gun.

I have a friend who owns his own business, very successful man. He's been married for 20 years and has 4 sons. He a great all around person and would do anything for you. He also has full sleeve tattoos and is sometimes judged by people who don't know him. It's a shame.

Tattoos aren't for everyone, but they certainly aren't a sign of "underlying problems", they are a sign of personnal preferance and that's it.

I've contemplated a back of the neck tat but considering how much the one on my shoulder was (very little body fat, so it felt like the needles were hitting/going into the bone), i'm not sure about that location. I swore the next one would be on a part with more padding. :laugh:

Interesting tidbit: foot, or more specifically toe, tattoos are reputed to be the most painful.

LuvRPgrl
11-19-2011, 10:45 PM

its amazing how defensive some get when an opinion of tatoos is expressed. EVERYTHING the "pro" tats people have said as responses to what I and some others have posted, is way off the target.
It becomes tiring and frustrating to have people accuse oneself of something that is entirely untrue, whle they are actually behaving exactly how they are accusing you of behaving.
....I truly dont understand why pro tat people develope such a defensive, myoptic attitude, but it really becomes quite a chore to try and get them to simply LISTEN TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, and not listen to what they think you are saying.
Oh well.

Trigg
11-20-2011, 08:22 AM
its amazing how defensive some get when an opinion of tatoos is expressed. EVERYTHING the "pro" tats people have said as responses to what I and some others have posted, is way off the target.
It becomes tiring and frustrating to have people accuse oneself of something that is entirely untrue, whle they are actually behaving exactly how they are accusing you of behaving.
....I truly dont understand why pro tat people develope such a defensive, myoptic attitude, but it really becomes quite a chore to try and get them to simply LISTEN TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, and not listen to what they think you are saying.
Oh well.

It's frustrating because, however true the "underlying issues" argument might have been true 15 or 20 years ago. It just isn't true anymore. They've become so mainstream and accepted that you'd be surprised who all has them.

I work at a hospital and MOST of the people I work with have tattoos, and you'd never know it unless they showed you. No one knew I had one until we had an after work party one year and I wore shorts.

You don't like tattoos, fine. You don't want your kids to have tattoos again, fine. Lots of people just don't like them and wouldn't get them. But, bringing up bikers, druggies, criminals and people with issues when discussing tattoos will tend to make others defensive.

jimnyc
11-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Oh well.

Maybe because of the many earlier comments about drugs, prison and all the other savory things. Why do people with tattoos need to be labeled AT ALL? And then stuff like this...

I guess my IQ would have been well over 200 then with the amount of tattoos I have. And even with about 19 tats now, I'd be happy to match up IQ tests with those without, just to prove a point. Mine has been anywhere from 105 to just above 130, depending on the test.

Jess
11-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Out of curiosity:

Is it ok for people to dye their hair, pierce their ears, wear certain types of clothes, work to keep their body in shape,etc. so that they project a certain appearance? What about women who get breast enhancements?

Yes, there is a stigma from years earlier about tattoos. Is it valid in today's world? I don't believe so. One thing I'm trying very hard to impress upon my minions is that we cannot judge people based on appearances. It is actions that tell us who or what the person is.

I've met straight-laced, un-inked, un-pierced people that I wouldn't trust with my idiot cat. And then there are people who sport all sorts of tats, piercings and such that would defend my kids to the death.

Just sayin.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I got mine in the area of the 'tramp stamp' because I wanted one where I could easily cover it up with any outfit and yet show it off when I wanted to/when it would be appropriate, such as on the beach. I very rarely wear any street clothes that would expose it intentionally.

for starters, we have this example of reverse profiling. Why does she want to cover it up sometimes, but not others. Because under certain circumstances, she is profiling people by deciding who will and who wont judge her based on her tat.

jimnyc
11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
for starters, we have this example of reverse profiling. Why does she want to cover it up sometimes, but not others. Because under certain circumstances, she is profiling people by deciding who will and who wont judge her based on her tat.

Nope, you got it backwards. It's not a matter of judging, but for example. most employers certainly will treat an employee differently who has 2 full arm sleeves compared to someone with none. So in case of employment, many with tattoos just choose to cover them up. But I've seen people not get hired, or not get treated the same as a result of tattoos. And while it may be discrimination, it's LEGAL discrimination, so it benefits the tattoo wearer to cover up rather than be judged.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Maybe because of the many earlier comments about drugs, prison and all the other savory things. Why do people with tattoos need to be labeled AT ALL? And then stuff like this....
so you are saying because some people generalize about tats, that makes it ok for you to not listen to what some are saying instead you hear what you think they are saying which is distorted because of your defensive attitude filter.

I guess my IQ would have been well over 200 then with the amount of tattoos I have. And even with about 19 tats now, I'd be happy to match up IQ tests with those without, just to prove a point. Mine has been anywhere from 105 to just above 130, depending on the test.
well, there you go again, judging and profiling people based on their IQ while trying to prove that profiling and judging people based on their tats is wrong. So,, you get to determine when profiling and judging is ok?
.....and by the way, my IQ is considerably higher than yours, and my wifess is higher than mine, and neither of us have tats. For every example you want to show of people with tats who dont fit the generalization, I can show you ten who do.

jimnyc
11-20-2011, 12:43 PM
so you are saying because some people generalize about tats, that makes it ok for you to not listen to what some are saying instead you hear what you think they are saying which is distorted because of your defensive attitude filter.

well, there you go again, judging and profiling people based on their IQ while trying to prove that profiling and judging people based on their tats is wrong. So,, you get to determine when profiling and judging is ok?
.....and by the way, my IQ is considerably higher than yours, and my wifess is higher than mine, and neither of us have tats. For every example you want to show of people with tats who dont fit the generalization, I can show you ten who do.

"So are you saying" - I hate when people resort to this lame shit. I said what I said - not what you would like to interpret it as, nothing more and nothing less.

And I'm not profiling anyone, I responded. Your "profiling" crap here is retarded. Nobody is profiling anyone.

And does your wife write like a 5th grader too? You'd think people with such high IQ's could write appropriate sentences, use proper grammar and spell properly.

Jess
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Tats have nothing whatsoever to do with IQ. No more so than a woman (or man) having pierced ears.

I will not force another or even talk another person into getting ink. Likewise, I got mine for my own reasons. I'm not a dirtbag, I have a reasonable IQ (and allegedly better than average common sense), I've never been arrested, never done drugs, take care of myself and my kids, work hard and have the trust of people who are wealthy, intelligent, successful persons of society. They don't have any problem whatsoever with my tattoo.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Out of curiosity:

Is it ok for people to dye their hair, pierce their ears, wear certain types of clothes, work to keep their body in shape,etc. so that they project a certain appearance? What about women who get breast enhancements?.
is it ok? sure, Ive never said otherwise.
but I will tell you for a fact that those who get breast implants are much more likely to have strong narcisistic tendencies than avg.
And before anyone misconstrues that, it is not the same as saying that all women who get implants are narcissitic.

Yes, there is a stigma from years earlier about tattoos. Is it valid in today's world? I don't believe so. One thing I'm tryinvellsry hard to impress upon my minions is that we cannot judge people based on appearances. It is actions that tell us who or what the person is..
That is true, but only includes the part of our appearances that we cant alter. Height, skin color , and I dont want to hear about michael J., race etc.
Those traits tell us absolutely nothing about the persons character.
.....but once someone modifies their appearance, now THAT IS AN ACTION

the parts of us we can modify tell us alot about people and how they modify them or not.

I've met straight-laced, un-inked, un-pierced people that I wouldn't trust with my idiot cat. And then there are people who sport all sorts of tats, piercings and such that would defend my kids to the death.

Just sayin.
and I ve never said anything remotely like that, I challenge youT to find one thing I ve said that included "All, people who have tats are....(fill in the blank)", or..........."all people who are ______, have tats", again, fill in the blank. You wont be able to cuz not only do I not post such things, I never even have such thoughts.
.....so maybe before you guys judge me, maybe y0u should look at your own shortcomings concerning judging and profiling.
You guys seem to be claiming you dont judge and profile people.
I admit I do.
The difference is I admit what I do, and you guys are denying something that you do, in fact do, everyday, with everyperson you ever see.

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:02 PM
I have none. My wife has none. I don't personally like them, but as long as they aren't overdone I don't give them much thought. Yes there are some people who have tattoos that you can look at and judge as not having a brain, take for instance the guy I seen at Wal Mart a few months back who had "white" tattooed down one shin , and "trash" tattooed down the other shin. Probably a pretty safe bet that he wasn't a college professor.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Nope, you got it backwards. It's not a matter of judging, but for example. most employers certainly will treat an employee differently who has 2 full arm sleeves compared to someone with none. So in case of employment, many with tattoos just choose to cover them up. But I've seen people not get hired, or not get treated the same as a result of tattoos. And while it may be discrimination, it's LEGAL discrimination, so it benefits the tattoo wearer to cover up rather than be judged.

but you didnt read what I said. I never said there isnt a good reason to cover them up, but you still are focusing on what others are doing.
WHAT I SAID WAS THAT SHE PROFILES PEOPLE WHEN SHE DECIDES who to allow to see her tats, and who she doesnt.
....If she is going to a tat convention, she profiles the people there that they wont judge her tats.
If she is going to apply for a job in a business enviorment, she hides them BECAUSE SHE IS ASSUMING THEIR IS A HIGH PROBABILITY THAT THE INTERVIEWER MAY LOOK NEGATIVELY ON HER TATS. THAT IS PROFILING.
The only difference between you guys and me is I admit I profile, while you deny you do while accusing others of doing it, while you are in fact doing it to.

so now, just to see if you can get it right, SHE IS PROFILING JOB INTERVIEW PERSONELL IN ASSUMING THEIR IS A HIGH PROBABILITY SHE WILL BE JUDGED BY HER TATS.
SHE IS ASSUMING, PROFILING AND JUDGING PEOPLE, plain and simple.

jimnyc
11-20-2011, 01:08 PM
but you didnt read what I said. I never said there isnt a good reason to cover them up, but you still are focusing on what others are doing.
WHAT I SAID WAS THAT SHE PROFILES PEOPLE WHEN SHE DECIDES who to allow to see her tats, and who she doesnt.
....If she is going to a tat convention, she profiles the people there that they wont judge her tats.
If she is going to apply for a job in a business enviorment, she hides them BECAUSE SHE IS ASSUMING THEIR IS A HIGH PROBABILITY THAT THE INTERVIEWER MAY LOOK NEGATIVELY ON HER TATS. THAT IS PROFILING.
The only difference between you guys and me is I admit I profile, while you deny you do while accusing others of doing it, while you are in fact doing it to.

so now, just to see if you can get it right, SHE IS PROFILING JOB INTERVIEW PERSONELL IN ASSUMING THEIR IS A HIGH PROBABILITY SHE WILL BE JUDGED BY HER TATS.
SHE IS ASSUMING, PROFILING AND JUDGING PEOPLE, plain and simple.

I also don't curse while on a job interview, but sure do with many other people. In that sense, I guess I would profile. I sometimes wear a suit too, but mostly don't. I profile against the every day people by not seeing them as worthy enough to dress better for them! LOL

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:10 PM
"So are you saying" - I hate when people resort to this lame shit. I said what I said - not what you would like to interpret it as, nothing more and nothing less.

And I'm not profiling anyone, I responded. Your "profiling" crap here is retarded. Nobody is profiling anyone...
most employers certainly will treat an employee differently who has 2 full arm sleeves compared to someone with none.

Those are your words, you are pre juding people who interview others. Profiling, judging, prejudging, stereotypes, they are all the same thing.

"And does your wife write like a 5th grader too? You'd think people with such high IQ's could write appropriate sentences, use proper grammar and spell properly..
is this a back door cowardly way of judging my spelling, grammer and sentence structure? If not, why do you bring it up?

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I also don't curse while on a job interview, but sure do with many other people. In that sense, I guess I would profile. I sometimes wear a suit too, but mostly don't. I profile against the every day people by not seeing them as worthy enough to dress better for them! LOL

One thing I do find amazing is that much like smoking and drinking in general the people who get the most tattoos are the very people who can least afford such things. Just odd.

Oh , another thing I find weird about tattoos. Why do black people get them? You can't even see em. Why not use white ink? That's not being racist either, that's just pointing out a visual fact.

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:13 PM

You prolly shave occasionally, brush your teeth - perhaps with some whitening toothpaste, maybe get a hair cut, watch your diet, work out, etc. If your wifey colors her hair, has pierced ears, fake nails, tans or any other stuff that modifies her luscious little self ... well, you may wanna think about that.

Quit modifying your appearance, jimmy. 2622

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:13 PM
I have none. My wife has none. I don't personally like them, but as long as they aren't overdone I don't give them much thought. Yes there are some people who have tattoos that you can look at and judge as not having a brain, take for instance the guy I seen at Wal Mart a few months back who had "white" tattooed down one shin , and "trash" tattooed down the other shin. Probably a pretty safe bet that he wasn't a college professor.

which also brings to bear that, the number of tats, type of tats, location of the tats, etc etc can, CAN CAN, CAN, CAN, CAN, CAN,BUT NOT ALWAYS, NOT ALWAYS, NOT ALWAYS, not always, tell you something about that person. I think someone with a swastika tatooed to their forehead is probably a racist, as opposed to someone who may have a heart tatooed on their butt.

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:18 PM
One thing I do find amazing is that much like smoking and drinking in general the people who get the most tattoos are the very people who can least afford such things. Just odd.
Because my baby-daddy paid for my ink, yo. (kidding)

Actually, I worked and paid for my own. It cost less than a lot of people spend on smokes, beer or coffee in a few weeks.

I've had this same discussion with my ex - if we don't have money for the electric bill, how the hell do we have enough money for the beer you're toting, the camo hunting clothes you just bought and the damn smokes in your pocket? But it's all a matter of priorities, like everything else.

Oh , another thing I find weird about tattoos. Why do black people get them? You can't even see em. Why not use white ink? That's not being racist either, that's just pointing out a visual fact.

That is kind of true but some of the tats show up in black. I think white ink may be more expensive and it seems to fade faster. Dunno for sure but I guess people with darker skin like their tats so that's really all that matters.

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:19 PM
You prolly shave occasionally, brush your teeth - perhaps with some whitening toothpaste, maybe get a hair cut, watch your diet, work out, etc. If your wifey colors her hair, has pierced ears, fake nails, tans or any other stuff that modifies her luscious little self ... well, you may wanna think about that.

I haven't shaved since last January. Oh I've trimmed it up and such, but I got an awesome beard going on. Unfortunately later tonight I wlll be removing it all because the wife has informed me that she isn't shaving her legs again until I shave my face. Now , my wife being Latino she doesn't get really hairy legs anyway, but GAG so off with the facial hair.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
It's frustrating because, however true the "underlying issues" argument might have been true 15 or 20 years ago. It just isn't true anymore. They've become so mainstream and accepted that you'd be surprised who all has them.

I work at a hospital and MOST of the people I work with have tattoos, and you'd never know it unless they showed you. No one knew I had one until we had an after work party one year and I wore shorts.

You don't like tattoos, fine. You don't want your kids to have tattoos again, fine. Lots of people just don't like them and wouldn't get them. But, bringing up bikers, druggies, criminals and people with issues when discussing tattoos will tend to make others defensive.

Its amazing how many here are accusing me of saying things I havent.
I know what you said is true, what tats mean today is different than 30 years ago, but what it can, can, can, not always, not always, not always, tell you something about someone has changed, not dissappeareD
I never said all with tats are bikers or anything else. But if you really want to put your money where your mouth is, I will bet you ten thousand dollars against your ten, if you go into a biker bar, MOST of them will have tats. AND THATS ALL I SAID, ANYTHING YOU GUYS ARE EXTRAPOLATING FROM THAT IS DUE TO YOUR OWN PROFILING AND PREJUDICES,

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I haven't shaved since last January. Oh I've trimmed it up and such, but I got an awesome beard going on. Unfortunately later tonight I wlll be removing it all because the wife has informed me that she isn't shaving her legs again until I shave my face. Now , my wife being Latino she doesn't get really hairy legs anyway, but GAG so off with the facial hair.

Facial hair rocks when done correctly. It tickles in the bestest way EVAH! 2623

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Because my baby-daddy paid for my ink, yo. (kidding)

Actually, I worked and paid for my own. It cost less than a lot of people spend on smokes, beer or coffee in a few weeks.

I've had this same discussion with my ex - if we don't have money for the electric bill, how the hell do we have enough money for the beer you're toting, the camo hunting clothes you just bought and the damn smokes in your pocket? But it's all a matter of priorities, like everything else.

That is kind of true but some of the tats show up in black. I think white ink may be more expensive and it seems to fade faster. Dunno for sure but I guess people with darker skin like their tats so that's really all that matters.

It just makes me sick when you see some tatted up loser at the liquor store buying a case of beer and a carton of cigarettes while his kids sit in their ratty clothes in the back of an old piece of shit car waiting for dad to come back out. Kids don't look like they've had a decent meal in ages, but hey mom and dad have their tattoos their beer and their smokes; so it's ALL good. My wife has on more than occasion has to stop me from mouthing off, yes I know it's hard to imagine me being mouthy and giving people my unwanted opinion, but it's true.

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Facial hair rocks when done correctly. It tickles in the bestest way EVAH! 2623

My wife says that it covers my chiseled good looks.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:24 PM

WELL,now you are getting it.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:26 PM

some of you are becoming broken records, PLEASE SHOW ME ONCE WHERE i SAID PEOPLE SHOULDNT GET TATS. JUST ONCE, PLEASE.

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:29 PM
some of you are becoming broken records, PLEASE SHOW ME ONCE WHERE i SAID PEOPLE SHOULDNT GET TATS. JUST ONCE, PLEASE.

I wasn't talking to you.

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:30 PM
My wife says that it covers my chiseled good looks.

Chiseled like Washington on Mt. Rushmore?

She should at least have you keep a bit of a 'stache.

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I'll say it.

In MY opinion , tattoos are tacky and trashy looking. Sure on the right female one or maybe two small tattoos is acceptable and in some cases a sign that she is DTF that is different than the bozo is sleeved. That is just tacky and generally speaking a sure sign that a person is stupid. Now notice Jim I said usually, not always. Sorry but the way it works is if you have that many tattoos you're assumed dumb until you prove otherwise. is that fair? No. But it's probably not fair to assume that the big guy with the beard and the Harley is in a biker gang either, but that's what we do as humans. We judge people.

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Chiseled like Washington on Mt. Rushmore?

She should at least have you keep a bit of a 'stache.

My facial hair situation changes routinely. I was just in a beard phase. Sometimes I'll have a stache, sometimes a goatee, sometimes clean shaven. Last year I grew a great big Wyatt Earp stache, she hated it LOL. But I don't stick with anything for too long. I just wanted to see how long I could get my beard, It's about upper chest length now.

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:34 PM
It just makes me sick when you see some tatted up loser at the liquor store buying a case of beer and a carton of cigarettes while his kids sit in their ratty clothes in the back of an old piece of shit car waiting for dad to come back out. Kids don't look like they've had a decent meal in ages, but hey mom and dad have their tattoos their beer and their smokes; so it's ALL good. My wife has on more than occasion has to stop me from mouthing off, yes I know it's hard to imagine me being mouthy and giving people my unwanted opinion, but it's true.

Boil it down even further. The fact that the kids do not appear to have sufficient clean clothing and/or food and the parents appear to have everything their happy lil hearts desire - even with no tattooing whatsoever.

Yes, I do have a major beef with children being neglected while the parent(s) have smokes, booze and may be carrying an extra 40 lbs. But that's just me.

Of course, it irritates me greatly that the people next door don't put the little kitten in at night either. And that the lil kitty has fleas.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I find that very puzzling too.

I will say another thing about being defensive about your tats, to anyone who is. It just proves that somewhere inside you actually believe there is at least a modicum of truth to it. If not, it wouldnt bother you.
I happen to belong to a very large group that has no bounds of race, color, religon, gender, sex preferences, IQ, economic success or lack of. And this group is hands down the most often judged than any other group. Its called RECOVERED ALCOHOLICS. I know what its like to have false generalizations made against myself, but it doesnt bother me in the slightest, I just grin and think, another ignorant person. And I also know that most of the time itss simply because they just havent been educated about alcoholism

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll say it.

In MY opinion , tattoos are tacky and trashy looking. Sure on the right female one or maybe two small tattoos is acceptable and in some cases a sign that she is DTF that is different than the bozo is sleeved. That is just tacky and generally speaking a sure sign that a person is stupid. Now notice Jim I said usually, not always. Sorry but the way it works is if you have that many tattoos you're assumed dumb until you prove otherwise. is that fair? No. But it's probably not fair to assume that the big guy with the beard and the Harley is in a biker gang either, but that's what we do as humans. We judge people.

I am SO getting rid of the ConHog tattoo on my left butt-cheek now. 2624

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Boil it down even further. The fact that the kids do not appear to have sufficient clean clothing and/or food and the parents appear to have everything their happy lil hearts desire - even with no tattooing whatsoever.

Yes, I do have a major beef with children being neglected while the parent(s) have smokes, booze and may be carrying an extra 40 lbs. But that's just me.

Of course, it irritates me greatly that the people next door don't put the little kitten in at night either. And that the lil kitty has fleas.

I don't get it either. My kids would NEVER do without anything even if that meant I had nothing for myself. Now fortunately, and through hard work, I've never been in a situation where I had to choose. But I just don't see how a parent could choose their own wants over their children's wants and needs.

As for the kitten, that's why I don't do neighbors.

ConHog
11-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I am SO getting rid of the ConHog tattoo on my left butt-cheek now. 2624

This thread is now officially worthless without pics.:laugh2:

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't get it either. My kids would NEVER do without anything even if that meant I had nothing for myself. Now fortunately, and through hard work, I've never been in a situation where I had to choose. But I just don't see how a parent could choose their own wants over their children's wants and needs.

Yup. My kids got what they needed before I did. Still do. That's just the way it is.

As for the kitten, that's why I don't do neighbors.

If I could afford to not have neighbors, I'd be there in a heartbeat. *sigh*

Gunny
11-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Smack? Hardly.

Do you have hair? I don't. I think it's just a way for losers to hide their ugly heads.

Give yourself a rest, huh?

Jess
11-20-2011, 01:45 PM
This thread is now officially worthless without pics.:laugh2:

Hah! You'd have a size 10.5 combat boot (attached to an aggravated Marine) up your hiney sooooo fast. :cool:

For future usage, a different pic for you, CH:

Gunny
11-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Flat out, I think tats are ugly.

While there are some exceptions, tats also are indicitive of character traits that I consider undesirable.

As for what a tramp is, the line drawn in the sand that identifies a woman as a tramp certainly has moved a lot.

Not long ago that would have made them complete tramps, sluts if you will, but today, even chicks who do one night stands dont consider themselves tramps of sluts, I just cant even figure what a woman needs to do these days to receive that label.

Bottom line, although I like alot of your posts, tats suck.NONE of my kids will ever have one, unless they can manage to not letting me ever know about it.....

Flat out, I think my girl's tat is hot. And it means something to her. I don't want one so I don't have one.

Your kids will get one just because you're going to tell them they can't.:laugh:

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Flat out, I think my girl's tat is hot. And it means something to her. I don't want one so I don't have one.

Your kids will get one just because you're going to tell them they can't.:laugh:

good for you, and Im 5 for 5 so far with my kids.:laugh:

Gunny
11-20-2011, 01:58 PM

I'm two for two. They both lived.

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:01 PM

Be cautiously optimistic on that one. My mom has her ears pierced once on each ear, neither of my very straight-laced, Bible-thumping parents have ink. And they have told us the evils of tattoos, of course.

So far, four out of the five of us kids have tats. My other brother's wife won't let him get one. ;)

Shadow
11-20-2011, 02:01 PM

Oh..come on...live on the wild side. Chicken.:laugh2:

Gunny
11-20-2011, 02:03 PM

:poke:

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm two for two. They both lived.

Yeah, but did your mother have any children that lived? 2626

Shadow
11-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Be cautiously optimistic on that one. My mom has her ears pierced once on each ear, neither of my very straight-laced, Bible-thumping parents have ink. And they have told us the evils of tattoos, of course.

So far, four out of the five of us kids have tats. My other brother's wife won't let him get one. ;)

Hee! My momma always told me only "bad girls" have their ears double pierced. So...I got mine done...twice (that'll teach her).

Gunny
11-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, but did your mother have any children that lived? 2626

Yeah ... and I got my fukkin' ear pierced to.

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Hee! My momma always told me only "bad girls" have their ears double pierced. So...I got mine done...twice (that'll teach her).

Heh - my mom talked me into my first ones with her when I turned 16. That was acceptable to her. Dad didn't think much of it.

When I turned 21, I got the second set. That was not received with parental approval but I WAS 21.

The next one I got with the ex's approval and my mom said "why would you want to do something that dumb?" Of course I kept it.

I got the others just before the ex and I separated, when I started finding my spine. When he noticed - FOUR FREAKIN' DAYS LATER - he was livid. I'd done something outside of his control, asking neither permission nor forgiveness from him. Big eye-opener.

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah ... and I got my fukkin' ear pierced to.

Ewwww! Big, tough men don't get their ear pierced. OMG!:eek:

Gunny
11-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Ewwww! Big, tough men don't get their ear pierced. OMG!:eek:

Haven't heard you complaining ...

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Haven't heard you complaining ...

Well, I did complain that you had too much stamina.

I didn't think you'd be able to mud and float that ceiling for three days straight. You put me to shame.

Gunny
11-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, I did complain that you had too much stamina.

I didn't think you'd be able to mud and float that ceiling for three days straight. You put me to shame.

Uh huh. We won't go into what else I did for three days ....

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Uh huh. We won't go into what else I did for three days ....

Laid on the couch with a hot pack?

Gunny
11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Laid on the couch with a hot pack?

And you between me and it.

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
And you between me and it.

When have I EVER been on the couch for three days?

Some of us have to go do that nasty, four-lettered thing ...

W-O-R-K.

Gunny
11-20-2011, 02:54 PM
When have I EVER been on the couch for three days?

Some of us have to go do that nasty, four-lettered thing ...

W-O-R-K.

Right. I get a couple of seconds ... then you get your ass to work.:laugh2:

Jess
11-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Right. I get a couple of seconds ... then you get your ass to work.:laugh2:

It will only take a minute ...2631

Gunny
11-20-2011, 03:00 PM
It will only take a minute ...2631

THAT long? Damn. Guess I better start working out.

Trigg
11-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Its amazing how many here are accusing me of saying things I havent.
I know what you said is true, what tats mean today is different than 30 years ago, but what it can, can, can, not always, not always, not always, tell you something about someone has changed, not dissappeareD
I never said all with tats are bikers or anything else. But if you really want to put your money where your mouth is, I will bet you ten thousand dollars against your ten, if you go into a biker bar, MOST of them will have tats. AND THATS ALL I SAID, ANYTHING YOU GUYS ARE EXTRAPOLATING FROM THAT IS DUE TO YOUR OWN PROFILING AND PREJUDICES,

I didn't accuse you of saying anything. YOU asked why people get defensive, I answered.

I'd also be willing to bet that if you walk into a church you'd be surprised how many people have tattoos under their dress clothes. MOST men in their 60's will have tats due to military service, so even the older gentleman leading you to your chair, has tattoos.

Jess
11-20-2011, 03:09 PM
THAT long? Damn. Guess I better start working out.

Yup. Endurance training.

Jess
11-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I didn't accuse you of saying anything. YOU asked why people get defensive, I answered.

I'd also be willing to bet that if you walk into a church you'd be surprised how many people have tattoos under their dress clothes. MOST men in their 60's will have tats due to military service, so even the older gentleman leading you to your chair, has tattoos.

Good point, Trigg. Even in our totally straight-laced, small-town, Baptist church there were men with ink. As you say, it was generally due to them being servicemen. I thought they were fascinating, to tell the truth.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 03:39 PM

my apologies, but that is why I said, "some" of you, I figured those who are doing it, know who they are.

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2011, 06:35 PM

You say you didnt accuse me of anything, then you say something about men with tats in a church like as though I said something contrary. I dont recall having posted anything about people with tats and being in a church

ConHog
11-20-2011, 08:49 PM

UGH, I couldn't do it. I am quite possibly the inspiration for the movie Shallow Hal. My wife is a particular height, weight, bra size , shoe size, as well as amount of body hair (NONE) as well as length of hair, skin tone,and personality. LOL I treated getting married like I treat shopping for a car guess.

I actually have no idea why she's with me :laugh2:

Gunny
11-20-2011, 09:36 PM
You say you didnt accuse me of anything, then you say something about men with tats in a church like as though I said something contrary. I dont recall having posted anything about people with tats and being in a church

Let it go, huh? To each his own. You don't like tattoos? Don't get one. Either way, this does not have to be a contentious topic.

Noir
11-20-2011, 10:27 PM
The nerd in me would love to have one along the lines of 'A man chooses - A slave obeys' or the Aperture logo with 'test subject' and then a barcode underneath it. But idk if I'll ever convince myself into getting them.

Personally I think the smaller tattoos are, the better. Wee discret messages of identity, but each to there own. And I did once have a gf who had a design that she wanted across her thigh that was pretty huge, but her concept art for it was awesome. To describe it (badly) it had the libra scales (her mothers star sign) with a woman on each scale. Both where 'land girls' dressed in a pin-up fashion, one representing her GrandMother and the other her Great-GrandMother. If it ends up looking anything like the concepts it'll be awesome.

Abbey Marie
11-20-2011, 10:52 PM
If I ever had one, it would probably say, "If you can read this you are too close". :laugh2:

ConHog
11-20-2011, 11:39 PM
If I ever had one, it would probably say, "If you can read this you are too close". :laugh2:

If you ever get one, I request a personal viewing. For educational purposes you understand.