PDA

View Full Version : Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

OldMercsRule
04-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Say it ain't sooooooooooooo.................................... .......

"To encourage healthful eating, Chicago school doesn't allow kids to bring lunches or certain snacks from home — and some parents, and many students, aren't fans of the policy"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/education/ct-met-school-lunch-restrictions-041120110410,0,4567867.story

The ultimate in mind yer bidness Nanny State corntrol from centrol corntrol, eh? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Brought ta you from the place where the Obamaprompter got his political start from his Hard Left Hyde Park pals: Billy "boooooom" Ayers, Bernadine "booooooom....boooooooom" Dohrn, Jerimiah "the ol' bullfrog" Wright, n' Tony "there's no place like home" Rezko. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ya know that Rahm "dead fish balerina boy" Emanuel now runs the place toooooooooooo................................ don't ya? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Kathianne
04-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Say it ain't sooooooooooooo.................................... .......

"To encourage healthful eating, Chicago school doesn't allow kids to bring lunches or certain snacks from home — and some parents, and many students, aren't fans of the policy"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/education/ct-met-school-lunch-restrictions-041120110410,0,4567867.story

The ultimate in mind yer bidness Nanny State corntrol from centrol corntrol, eh? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Brought ta you from the place where the Obamaprompter got his political start from his Hard Left Hyde Park pals: Billy "boooooom" Ayers, Bernadine "booooooom....boooooooom" Dohrn, Jerimiah "the ol' bullfrog" Wright, n' Tony "there's no place like home" Rezko. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ya know that Rahm "dead fish balerina boy" Emanuel now runs the place toooooooooooo................................ don't ya? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Simply unreal. I know what the food looks like on the plates at the schools I teach at, not as bad as that picture. However, I wouldn't want to eat their weird burgers, slimy deli meats and unidentifiable cheese selections and that's in a high school. I'd estimate that 20-30% of the kids buy lunch at school, the rest brown bag or 'excuse me' green bag it.

Sitting in a consumer class the other day and they were talking about nutrition and lunches came up. Now the kids admitted that they have 'choices' they didn't in elementary school, problem is while they sounded good at orientation, the food sucks. So they save money, I'm guessing a lot of them get daily lunch money (3.50) from their folks, then make their own.

By far and away they make sandwiches, the boys often two. Many are vegetarian or watch the mean intake. Lots of whole wheat pitas and specialty rolls. They can add the condiments from school and pack veggies, meats, etc., separately from bread and they do. Still see lots of fruit rollups, fresh fruit, yogurt, and cottage cheese w/fruit. Quite a few pack salad, some in sizes that would feed a family of 4! They pack the salad dressing separately. Yes, there's the Fritos and Doritos, but not nearly as much as you'd think. Cookies tend to come in those 100 calorie packs.

I've said before, the schools tend to put the pop machines out of the way and they charge $1.60 now for those bottles with twist cap. Water and juices are $1.00. Few take the pop. Teachers do and the same bottle is .95 in lounge, so there you go. LOL!

logroller
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Sometimes I wonder if there is a reverse dynamic involved in such policies. I believe education vouchers are at or near the top of the list of wants for many many conservatives and libertarians, I'm guessing tea partiers too. I cant think of a better way to garner support from moderate voters than to enact policies which force the hand of middle America to the right. Food for thought.

fj1200
04-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I cant think of a better way to garner support from moderate voters than to enact policies which force the hand of middle America to the right. Food for thought.

Hmmm, another front in which to piss off the teacher's unions... I'm in. :laugh:

darin
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Something like this demands the kinds of riots and demonstrations not seen since Rodney King. WHY...I mean HOW IN THE HELL can people PUT UP with this shit?

logroller
04-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Something like this demands the kinds of riots and demonstrations not seen since Rodney King. WHY...I mean HOW IN THE HELL can people PUT UP with this shit?

The govt knows best DMP. :rolleyes: Take the blue pill Neo, and its all just a dream...