PDA

View Full Version : "Obama speech most dishonest in decades"

jimnyc
04-14-2011, 07:05 AM
The Presidential Divider

Obama's toxic speech and even worse plan for deficits and debt.

Did someone move the 2012 election to June 1? We ask because President Obama's extraordinary response to Paul Ryan's budget yesterday—with its blistering partisanship and multiple distortions—was the kind Presidents usually outsource to some junior lieutenant. Mr. Obama's fundamentally political document would have been unusual even for a Vice President in the fervor of a campaign.

The immediate political goal was to inoculate the White House from criticism that it is not serious about the fiscal crisis, after ignoring its own deficit commission last year and tossing off a $3.73 trillion budget in February that increased spending amid a record deficit of $1.65 trillion. Mr. Obama was chased to George Washington University yesterday because Mr. Ryan and the Republicans outflanked him on fiscal discipline and are now setting the national political agenda.

Mr. Obama did not deign to propose an alternative to rival Mr. Ryan's plan, even as he categorically rejected all its reform ideas, repeatedly vilifying them as essentially un-American. "Their vision is less about reducing the deficit than it is about changing the basic social compact in America," he said, supposedly pitting "children with autism or Down's syndrome" against "every millionaire and billionaire in our society." The President was not attempting to join the debate Mr. Ryan has started, but to close it off just as it begins and banish House GOP ideas to political Siberia.

Mr. Obama then packaged his poison in the rhetoric of bipartisanship—which "starts," he said, "by being honest about what's causing our deficit." The speech he chose to deliver was dishonest even by modern political standards.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703730104576260911986870054.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

Gaffer
04-14-2011, 07:24 AM
I never listen to his speeches as I can't stand to hear the man. This sounds almost like a challenge for Ryan to run against him. He's moved from campaign mode to really campaigning mode.

I really hope he does something real stupid to get himself impeached and thrown out of office.

PostmodernProphet
04-14-2011, 10:18 AM
basically his plan of choice is, "future presidents will make the hard choices for me"......

Thunderknuckles
04-14-2011, 01:15 PM
eh, politics as usual. But, I wouldn't categorize it as most dishonest in decades. For me, that title belongs to Clinton.

SassyLady
04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
eh, politics as usual. But, I wouldn't categorize it as most dishonest in decades. For me, that title belongs to Clinton.

Clinton knew he was lying ... the scary thing is that Obama believes his lies.

Joe Steel
04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703730104576260911986870054.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

Wall Street Journal.

As is if it were anything but extremist propaganda...

fj1200
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Wall Street Journal.

Sucks when the POTUS you voted for reverts to political hackery don't it?

But way to criticize without alternative. :thumb:

LuvRPgrl
04-16-2011, 12:48 PM
I never listen to his speeches as I can't stand to hear the man. This sounds almost like a challenge for Ryan to run against him. He's moved from campaign mode to really campaigning mode.

I really hope he does something real stupid to get himself impeached and thrown out of office.

I absolutely DESPISE being lied to,

The ONLY way I would listen to him speak, is if I were standing next to him, so when I vomit, I could vomit on him

LuvRPgrl
04-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Wall Street Journal.

So you fall for the lies of the liberals.

he said, supposedly pitting "children with autism or Down's syndrome" against "every millionaire and billionaire in our society."

This is and has been the MAIN tactic of the modern liberals, distortion of reality and pitting the producers against the masses of the misinformed, brainwashed peoples of America.

Mr. Obama then packaged his poison in the rhetoric of bipartisanship—which "starts," he said, "by being honest about what's causing our deficit." The speech he chose to deliver was dishonest even by modern political standards.

This guy hit it on the head, the lines have all been moved, ALL OF THEM, so far that previous liberalism is now called mild consrvatism, and to be a backer of real conservatism these days, you are labeled and extremist nut case, which is how they wrap real conservatives into the pool of the so called "right wing extremists" who are in fact not right wing at all.

Joe Steel
04-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Sucks when the POTUS you voted for reverts to political hackery don't it?

I didn't vote for Bush.

Joe Steel
04-17-2011, 06:24 AM
This is and has been the MAIN tactic of the modern liberals, distortion of reality and pitting the producers against the masses of the misinformed, brainwashed peoples of America.

You have a twisted view of the world. That causes your belief in a liberal "distortion of reality." I suspect, by your use of the phrase "the producers," you consume far too much extremist ideology. You should stop. It's rotting your brain.

fj1200
04-17-2011, 07:16 AM
I didn't vote for Bush.

Weakly clever unfortunately this thread is about BO.

Joe Steel
04-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Weakly clever unfortunately this thread is about BO.

You brought "political hackery" not me.

fj1200
04-17-2011, 08:51 AM
You brought "political hackery" not me.

You voted for BO, not me. ;)

Joe Steel
04-17-2011, 10:25 AM
You voted for BO, not me. ;)

What has that to do with "political hackery?"

LuvRPgrl
04-17-2011, 11:16 AM
You have a twisted view of the world. That causes your belief in a liberal "distortion of reality." I suspect, by your use of the phrase "the producers," you consume far too much extremist ideology. You should stop. It's rotting your brain.

Rotting my brain? I'm only trying to catch up to you

LuvRPgrl
04-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Obama attacked millionaires and billionaires,

we have a capitalistic economy, money is what creates businesses

businesses create products

without them we would all be farmers, hunters and gatherers.

I run and ran a business of my own.
ALthough Im extremely thankful to my laboreers, fact is, I could do the entire job by myself. What they do is allow me to creat MORE of what I do.
They, on the other hand, couldnt do the entire creation of making the product we make.
Without me, who got the capitol together to produce my business, nothing would have been produced,
without them, there still would be some product,

so, yes, the guys with megabucks who invest it in the economy are producers, kids with autism aren't

fj1200
04-17-2011, 12:04 PM
What has that to do with "political hackery?"

I feel I must apologize, based on your arguments portrayed in our other discussions I feel that you are unable to recognize such "hackery" when it's perpetrated upon you. And for that I am sorry.

Gaffer
04-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I feel I must apologize, based on your arguments portrayed in our other discussions I feel that you are unable to recognize such "hackery" when it's perpetrated upon you. And for that I am sorry.

He doesn't recognize anything that isn't Marxist inspired. His goal in life is to be a gulag commander.

Joe Steel
04-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Don't cry for me. I know what "hackery" is. Apparently, you don't, though.

fj1200
04-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Don't cry for me. I know what "hackery" is. Apparently, you don't, though.

I don't cry for you, only sorry for what you've allowed to be done to you.