PDA

View Full Version : China's new Aircraft Carier,

revelarts
04-14-2011, 08:45 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_dfRAxXn0RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"China's first aircraft carrier: the ultimate expression of projecting geopolitical power, it represents China's rise based on industry and multipolar international relations."

fj1200
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Awwww, it's cute.

revelarts
04-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Awwww, it's cute.

and paid for by wal-mart:salute:
can't beat those low prices

Gaffer
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
With any luck it will be made with the same chinese quality that things at walmart are. Does it come with an extended warranty?

I noticed it has a chinese junk profile.

NightTrain
04-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Looks like one of those mini-carriers that the Brits use.

CSM
04-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Now all they need is some planes that are capable of withstanding the stresses of carrier take off and landing. Probably need some pilots that can do that too.I am betting there is a pretty steep learning curve there.

revelarts
04-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Now all they need is some planes that are capable of withstanding the stresses of carrier take off and landing. Probably need some pilots that can do that too.I am betting there is a pretty steep learning curve there.

you missed this post
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31043-US-s-most-advanced-FIGHTER-PLANES-Kids-can-fly&p=467037#post467037

does Northrop Grumman have a wavier for China? if not a few phone calls to the congressmen on the Northrop Grumman retainer can straiten that out.
If not welll, the Chinese Spie... i mean.. Scientist working for Northrop Grumman can probably make sure the Chinese have every thing they need.

CSM
04-15-2011, 08:23 AM
LOL... that RPV is a possibility but that aside, China will still need SKILLED pilots or there will be a whole lot of hardware scraps littering the deck.

NightTrain
04-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Well, they bought that carrier from the Ukraine... I'm sure there's still some soviet technology for sale for the aircraft portion of this endeavor. If not hardware & entire navy-ready planes as well.

Thunderknuckles
04-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Did anyone else notice that guy in video blinked like only once in the entire thing?

Anyway, I don't think anyone is really concerned about this. We all know how well old, "hand me down" soviet military machinery performs against the modern stuff. As others have remarked, with the Chinese refurbishing it, I don't the thing will be able to stay afloat at sea for more than a few days before needing to be overhauled.