PDA

View Full Version : If i become willing to give up my freedom for safety put a bullet thru my head please

LuvRPgrl
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Ya'll have my permission.

While I stand toe to toe with those who support our missions abroad to attack and destroy terrorists, at the home front Im right in line with Revelarts, we are giving up wayyyy to many of our rights/freedoms.

If you cant turn to America for freedom, where can you go?

As a child, I had unlimited freedom. I had neither a mom or dad.
Dad I never remember being around, save a couple of visitation visits.
Seriously, only a few.
Mom was a drunk. She basically wan't there either. My brothers and I had complete FREEDOM to roam.
My absolute earliest memories was walking home from kindergarten by myself.
By second grade I remember going out to get fed, we, my bothers and I, had to find ways to get food. The kitchen cabs were barren, just like in the fairy tales, but this was real.
I remember at the age of 7 doing my own laundry, I would fill a pillow case and walk to the local laundermat and do it. One time a cop pulled me over, he thought I was running away. HAHAH, just like "Andy of Mayberry". This was Orange county circa 1960's.

Strangely enough, we were poor but happy.
Mom was not an abusive drunk, violence was not an issue, and we were smart enough to get our needs met, except for the rent, we supplied everything we needed, including learning how to masterfully steal toys from the mall.
It actually was a happy childhood for me. We would go out exploring at all times, come home from school and do what we want. Mother was either drunk, passed out, or working at the bar.
The 5 of us, my 4 brothers and I, would go to the local rivers and lakes, crawdad fishing, built a raft and played pirates with sticks. Catch toads and bring them home. One day mom came home and we had built an entire terrarium out of glass and wood, about 4ft by 4ft, toads, water, dirt, mud, plants, all of it, right there. Only problem was it was right in the middle of the living room.
ANd of course sports.
However, this lifestyle did create a glaring problem for me.

What does this all have to do with the war on terrorism you may be asking yourself. It will become apparent soon.

As a young pre teen, and teenager. We use to jump into the back of a pickup, 1 to 10 of us. Drive down to the beach and have an absolute blast.
We could board a train without searches. There were no DUI checkpoints ready to draw your blood with a needle.
Owning a car meant a Drivers License and registration fees only. NO losing your license over child support, no smog, no safety checks.
Veterans had the freedom to smoke in bars that are open only because they literally risked their lives in WWll, and watched many of their best friends brutally murdered by Nazis.

ALL of the issues resolved by imposing govt instituted controls, would have been addressed by the private sector.

Now, fast forward to age 13 for me. Mom dies, chirossis of the liver, she finally sucumbed, at the ripe age of 36. Now Melvin, (biological father) was FORCED to take custody of us.
At first, my brothers and I were quite elated. Mom had basically been "not present" for years now, but finally we were going to be out of the poor house, able to BUY, not steal, new clothes, shoes and toys.

However, we, nobody in fact, could be prepared or able to forsee what darkness was about to come. Tyranny was on the horizon.

Balmy winds flowing over my bare arms, warm lit sunshine streaking through the windows. I would awaken and open my door to the sand, surt & D sea. Only thing, I was opening the door to my 1959 porthole windowed VW van.

I lived with Melvin for two years. The first wasn't so bad, my two older brothers were there to run interference and take some of the flak. However, as soon as they were out of high school, they left me on my own with the blue eyed monster.
TUrns out melvin is a control freak, ex army, and a cold hearted bastard. After a year of his unobstructed tyranny, I had to do something. I vastly longed for the days of poor and free instead of having all my needs taken care of by my control master.
At 15 I embarked on a journey, went to Jack in the Box, (like a McDonals) told them I was 18 and got a job working graveyard shift. Then I went out and bought a 59 VW van, and moved into it. The blue eyed monster never made a single objection, nor tried to locate me. But once again, I was finally free, it was well worth it.

Today I'm a father and husband. I am not violent by nature. But I don't back down from an unavoidable confrontation.
There are three things that will cause me to commit violence without being struck first.
There is a line in the sand, drawn with a rope. If one threatens/attacks my family, if one threatens my freedom, if one attacks me, then that line has been crossed. I will do all within my power to pick up that rope, wrap it around their neck and squeeze their eyeballs out.
I choose to attend knife fights with a gun. A big, bad gun. Life is not fair, neither are fights.

There are men didicating their lives to put a bomb under my two year old daughter and blow her into unrecognizable pieces.

The shimmering light of the new moon provides very little light in the Afghani mountains at night.
I climb the small rock mountain and reach its peak, and then begin descending into the valley of the shadow of death, yet I fear no evil, for THOU are with me.
Using my superior intelluct, I have devised a night vision scope on my sniper rifle. I spot the five terrorists preparing for a night time invasion of my house. One of my mates with superior stealth & spy skills detected these monsters.
I take aim and able to put a chest shot into two of them before the remaining realize what is happening and scatter for cover.
I then hide in wait as the three scurry up the easiest way thru the rock climb. I let the first two pass, then I stick a knife into the eyesocket of the trailing monster of the night.
Coming back to see to the commotion, I use my superior stealth abilities to get ahead of them on the trail again. I eventually arrive at a point where I give away my posistion to the two, but as they cross a point that they obvioiusly will pass, an explosion occurs, and THEIR BODIES, not MY DAUGHTERS, fly into the air in teeny tiny little pieces, their heads bloodied, but still intact.
I drive stakes into the ground and slide their lifeless heads onto them, along with an American flag, however, the flag is upside down.

OF course that isn't me, but it is a US MILITARY special ops soldier. If I were 20-45 years old, I would volunteer for this, but I'm past that.
That soldier and I met, we conferred, he offered to go in my place, I agreed. He is me in leu of my physically not being able to be there. He represents me, in essence, he is me.
Anyone who has a problem with that has a problem with me. We have the right to defend ourselves, and to make agreements amongst ourselves. If you actively work to shut that down, I will actively oppose you, you claim you are for peace, but you actually are for control also, and that in essence makes you one of them.

G Washington had everything a man could want. Wealth, status, respect, power, a wife, a home, a country. But he was missing one thing, and he put it all of it on the line for his FREEDOM.

Those who oppose us sending troops to fight terrorists are wrong.
Those who support all the excessive measures to fight terrorism in our own country, are control freaks and/or cowards.

Gaffer
04-18-2011, 06:22 PM
When I think about freedom I think about climbing in the back of a truck and riding there as a kid.

logroller
04-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Wonderful post! Glad to hear your story.

Defending the principle of freedom is easily justified. But with great contemplation should we impose our principles upon others -- lest they manifest their own expression of freedom.

You speak of theft warranted by desperation; but how is this different than an armed insurgent inspired by desperation? Nay, it is the same in principle, only different in scale.

LuvRPgrl
04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
When I think about freedom I think about climbing in the back of a truck and riding there as a kid.

I really, really miss that.

LuvRPgrl
04-23-2011, 11:31 PM

Defending the principle of freedom is easily justified. But with great contemplation should we impose our principles upon others -- lest they manifest their own expression of freedom.

You speak of theft warranted by desperation; but how is this different than an armed insurgent inspired by desperation? Nay, it is the same in principle, only different in scale.

Not even close to being the same in principle

logroller
04-25-2011, 05:06 AM
Not even close to being the same in principle

I'm afraid so. desperate times/desperate measures. same principle.

LuvRPgrl
04-25-2011, 12:39 PM

OK, you asked. One GLARING difference is the insurgent is armed and ready to kill innocents, which actually makes him a terrorist.

Second, I was only a kid, literally, the terrorist is a full grown man,, completely responsable for his actions.

Third, what I did was literally for survival, FOOD, the terrorist has all he needs to survive, he is attempting to use terror to influence POLITICAL decisions.

Fourth, I reformed, and ADMITTED what I did was wrong, and I made or attemped making amends wherever possible.

Lastly, for now, the toy stealing ended very early, and food was basically all we stole.

My bad for not including that info in the lead post. I was trying to keep it as short as possible, cuz I know it was a bit lengthy. I was very nervous about the response, but Kathiane responded and distilled all my fears. I was worried if anyone would read the whole thing, and if someone would bark about it for various reasons.

Again, it was MY FAULT that you didn't know that it boiled down to stealing only food.

logroller
04-26-2011, 03:21 AM
OK, you asked. One GLARING difference is the insurgent is armed and ready to kill innocents, which actually makes him a terrorist.

Second, I was only a kid, literally, the terrorist is a full grown man,, completely responsable for his actions.

Third, what I did was literally for survival, FOOD, the terrorist has all he needs to survive, he is attempting to use terror to influence POLITICAL decisions.

Fourth, I reformed, and ADMITTED what I did was wrong, and I made or attemped making amends wherever possible.

Lastly, for now, the toy stealing ended very early, and food was basically all we stole.

My bad for not including that info in the lead post. I was trying to keep it as short as possible, cuz I know it was a bit lengthy. I was very nervous about the response, but Kathiane responded and distilled all my fears. I was worried if anyone would read the whole thing, and if someone would bark about it for various reasons.

Again, it was MY FAULT that you didn't know that it boiled down to stealing only food.

Just an observation, please don't take offense. I enjoyed your post and said so. I commend you for surviving. However including such heartfelt truths under a title including the phrase "put a bullet in my head" certainly insinuates extremist rhetoric. I've known plenty of people who've killed in defense of this country's loaded principles of freedom, safety and security. And one that died for it. There's nothing romantic or heartfelt in their sacrifice, its just survival. If not their's than the guy next to him. If not his, than ours.

These terrorists are desperate, they see no other alternatives. I mean have you seen the conditions in the countries they come from? Aside from a few western sympathizers they come from total shitholes, with death and oppression the norm. Please don't confuse my seeking to understand their mindset as being sympathetic, I'm not; but to defeat your enemy you must first understand them. To this end I must look not only upon their conditions, but how they view my own. I probably use more potable water to keep my lawn green in a summer month than a family in Afghanistan uses in a year. Kinda hard to argue that my freedom to keep my lawn green somehow justifies the military training of Al caida fighters against the Soviets. That's politics, just an elaborate game of survival. We do a lot of things in this world that aren't really about freedom -- its just to survive, right?

LuvRPgrl
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Just an observation, please don't take offense. I enjoyed your post and said so. I commend you for surviving. However including such heartfelt truths under a title including the phrase "put a bullet in my head" certainly insinuates extremist rhetoric. I've known plenty of people who've killed in defense of this country's loaded principles of freedom, safety and security. And one that died for it. There's nothing romantic or heartfelt in their sacrifice, its just survival. If not their's than the guy next to him. If not his, than ours.

These terrorists are desperate, they see no other alternatives. I mean have you seen the conditions in the countries they come from? Aside from a few western sympathizers they come from total shitholes, with death and oppression the norm. Please don't confuse my seeking to understand their mindset as being sympathetic, I'm not; but to defeat your enemy you must first understand them. To this end I must look not only upon their conditions, but how they view my own. I probably use more potable water to keep my lawn green in a summer month than a family in Afghanistan uses in a year. Kinda hard to argue that my freedom to keep my lawn green somehow justifies the military training of Al caida fighters against the Soviets. That's politics, just an elaborate game of survival. We do a lot of things in this world that aren't really about freedom -- its just to survive, right?

Don't EVER worry about offending me. I'm very confident about my posistions most of the time, but I don't value myself based on being right or wrong, so if someone shows me a mistake Im making, good for me.
One of my strong suits that I learned from the unusual childhood, is problem solving, and you don't solve problems by having a big ego that doesn't allow you to be criticized.
Now, the thing about "put a bullet in my head" is just a phrase, it isn't meant literally.

so, Osama bin Laden is poor?
Most of the terrorists are well funded, if they are trying to get basic sustanence, then why spend money on guns? Why do they pilot planes into the twin towers.

Kathianne
04-26-2011, 12:04 PM
The exchange between the above two posters is impressive to me. Thank you both.

logroller
04-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Don't EVER worry about offending me. I'm very confident about my posistions most of the time, but I don't value myself based on being right or wrong, so if someone shows me a mistake Im making, good for me.
One of my strong suits that I learned from the unusual childhood, is problem solving, and you don't solve problems by having a big ego that doesn't allow you to be criticized.
Now, the thing about "put a bullet in my head" is just a phrase, it isn't meant literally.

so, Osama bin Laden is poor?
Most of the terrorists are well funded, if they are trying to get basic sustanence, then why spend money on guns? Why do they pilot planes into the twin towers.

I had assumed you didn't mean it literally, its allegory. But allegorical phrases are powerful tools in rhetoric.

Osama BL got his money from oil. His other family members used that same income resource in different ways, but the goal is the same: survival. I believe Osama's tactics won't succeed, making him a loser at the game of survival. and i didnt say anything about terrorists being poor. I alluded to poor conditions but poor conditions don't mean you dont have any resources. The game of survival is using your resources most effectively, perhaps that means attempting to undermine the financial resources of your competition-- that's why they attacked the twin towers. In the countries I was speaking of you can yield a lot more food with a $50 AK and box of ammo than you could buy with that money. That technique fails where there is law and order, hence the IEDs, roadside bombs and such; just trying to preserve the conditions which maximize their resources. As a nation we only take action when it interferes with our survival. darfur and tibet were massacred, but short on resources necessary for our survival, the high cost/ benefit ratio keeps our action at bay. Saddam fights with Iran, we sell him weapons; he exterminates his own people, we did nothing; he invades a trading partner and threatens another-- Desert storm. Its a game where you never completely win, but losing means you're dead.